SFxT: Jump in > jab jab jab > Jump crossup

NaokiB4UNaokiB4U Joined: Posts: 989Registered
How the fuck do you beat this? Its the simplest garbage ever in a fighting game and I can't even get close to beating this with characters I use. Keep in mind I'm losing to the top tiers who basically have unbeatable strings if you have no meter to alpha counter. Jin, Law, Kaz, Nina. Hell even Ryu gives me issues. Their pattern is this: Safe string > jump crossup> safe string > either grab or repeat.  Yet if they aren't doing this I have no problem anti-airing. I use Alisa, Asuka, Abel, and Juri. For Asuka and Juri I usually have to spam counters because if I don't 1.) I get stuck in their crossup over and over, 2.) I dash under and get hit anyways, 3.) I block and they just mash out DP or other invincible nonsense that the top tiers have and I'm stuck in another combo.

I know there's a way to beat it. I just can't do it. the Cammy's and Chun's keep walking all over me. Are my reactions not fast enough? I anti-air fine when they are farther away. But put me up close and suddenly my AA's don't work. I don't have a Ryu/Akuma/Sakura AA that hits right above my head. SO what can I do? Does not need to be character specific advice, just in general if you don't know any of the characters I play. Thanks all for your help.
If you teabag or taunt, you're a scrub.

Comments

• Vulcan HadesVulcan Hades Flea Stance Tea-bagging Joined: Posts: 1,740Registered
    edited March 2013
    Air to air.

Walk/dash under and punish their landing frames.

Walk/Backdash AA.

Auto-correct cross-cancel.
    SFxT - Juri, Yoshimitsu, Christie, Asuka, Marduk, Blanka, Bison, Kuma...
    TTT2 - Yoshimitsu, Christie
  • Fatal Error XIFatal Error XI Waiting for shoryuken.com.... Joined: Posts: 596Registered
    Catch them with an air to air normal.  Most commonly a jump HP or HK, but depends on your character.  Doing this often leads to an air counter hit that lets you do juggle combo afterwards.  You can also try dashing under them, again it's character dependent.  I know Juri can dash under cross-up attempts.  Just test stuff out in training room.
    -Av by Master Chibi
    "Across this Sea of Space, the Stars are other Suns. We've traveled this way before, and there is much to be learned." -Carl Sagan
  • zUkUuzUkUu Theory Pro Joined: Posts: 3,188Registered
    jump back\up +any fast a2a works best.
    我道
  • WastedWasted Vote YES for Maki in SFxT! Joined: Posts: 1,006Registered
    edited March 2013
    NaokiB4U wrote: »
    How the fuck do you beat this? Its the simplest garbage ever in a fighting game and I can't even get close to beating this with characters I use. Keep in mind I'm losing to the top tiers who basically have unbeatable strings if you have no meter to alpha counter. Jin, Law, Kaz, Nina. Hell even Ryu gives me issues. Their pattern is this: Safe string > jump crossup> safe string > either grab or repeat.  Yet if they aren't doing this I have no problem anti-airing. I use Alisa, Asuka, Abel, and Juri. For Asuka and Juri I usually have to spam counters because if I don't 1.) I get stuck in their crossup over and over, 2.) I dash under and get hit anyways, 3.) I block and they just mash out DP or other invincible nonsense that the top tiers have and I'm stuck in another combo. <br />
    <br />
    I know there's a way to beat it. I just can't do it. the Cammy's and Chun's keep walking all over me. Are my reactions not fast enough? I anti-air fine when they are farther away. But put me up close and suddenly my AA's don't work. I don't have a Ryu/Akuma/Sakura AA that hits right above my head. SO what can I do? Does not need to be character specific advice, just in general if you don't know any of the characters I play. Thanks all for your help.

You. Kill yourself. You play JURI and you can't anti-air????

Now that I've gotten that out of the way:

If they're jumping left right over you, just block. You KNOW they're going to DP you after, so keep blocking and punish that. Blocking sounds like a pain, but think about the long term here - they know you don't have the answer, so they keep spamming.

What kinds of strings are you facing? Many of them are probably unsafe in 2013.

Juri's c.HP works great against this.

Abel can just roll away.

Asuka might be a bit susceptible, but just keep blocking and be patient.

Alisa...I don't know how she works, sorry.
  • KikuichimonjiKikuichimonji Watch out, I know frame data Joined: Posts: 4,213Registered
    Jump back jab will work for sure.

Abel's cl.hp beats crossups solidly in SF4, I would test it.

Record the string in training mode, practice against it yourself.
    Domination 101 by Seth Killian - Why the hell haven't you read this yet?

Maj's Footsies Handbook - It's like the Bible, but for Street Fighter.