The Official PlayStation® Thread: PLAYSTATION 4 ANNOUNCED

Comments

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Be Attitude For Gains Joined: Posts: 1,612Registered
    edited March 2013
    SWBeta said:
    snip
    I can't be bothered to watch a video where the guy can't even be bothered to say Final Fantasy X right. This isn't Megaman now, come on.

Also video is Captain Obvious to the max.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • HeaTHeaT mindgames Joined: Posts: 2,951Registered

so im enjoying MGR a lot (as expected), however what i am not enjoying is the TERRIBLE, and by terrible, i mean UTTERLY ATROCIOUS man rock music that plays when im engaged in combat.  it certainly doesnt help that man rock is the 2nd most awful form of music, country being 1st.  it's a shame too because the music that plays during the intro screen is epic and indicative of general vibe of the game.  man rock on the other hand is trash, and trash + MGR dont mix well.

im outi

Roberth 

"sweet scent of revolution in my nostrils, yelling i love life and i dont even pop pills" - Promoe
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Undercover white man. Joined: Posts: 4,365Registered
    Standing here, I realize you were just like me trying to make history
    Wut stuength!! Ba doh fogo der armeny lik u all oder deh wuld
    It doesn’t matter if you have the beard on the outside, as long as you got the beard on the inside. - Action Hank
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Joined: Posts: 1,044Registered
    RULES OF NATURE!
    "I am lightning, the rain transformed..."
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Joined: Posts: 133Registered

Sarangha said:
    All this new shit...

I played Chrono Trigger this weekend, and I haven't been THIS happy playing a video game in YEARS.
    Fuck new shit.

CT is my fav JRPG of all time.
    FF6,Breath Of Fire 2,Skies of Arcadia are some other good ones.

Never did play Chrono Cross but I hear good things.
    If you add in Wild Arms 1, Grandia, and Suikoden 1-2, You've literally my favorite JPRGs of all time. :-) 
    All I did was find an old save state and beat the shit out of Lavos with just Crono in the beginning of the game... DAT FUCKING LUMIERE BITCH
    No love for Xenogears of Valk Profile?

:(
    No joke - I never played them. Shame on me... :(
    Also, to the corny ass bitch that disagreed with my comment about new games sucking cock - Don't hate, because you deep throat that shit harder. ;)
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 1,692Registered
    SWBeta said:
    Everyone should flag all of Pedrowolf's posts so they all get buried image
    Is that you with a shovel HHH?
  • GrenGren Weeaboo Games Inc. Joined: Posts: 762Registered
    edited March 2013
    Spec Ops The Line will be free for Plus members

Doesn't matter to me, as I already played it through Gamefly. Not the kinda game I'd ever buy to keep, but it was an entertaining satire of the cookie-cutter FPS single-player campaigns that are so common today. People in this thread should love it :p

What's deliciously ironic was that a hum-drum, "me too" MP component by another studio was shoehorned in by the producers. The SP campaign devs were pissed.
  • StarhammerStarhammer Watch them shake it Joined: Posts: 8,515Registered
    .............Damn you PSN. 

All day maintenance?  I wanna kill stuff online ya know. 

-Starhammer-
    Everybody bow down! They are shaking it again thanks to..................DARABIDDUCKIEll!!!!!!!!! :woot:

Wil:Ten Ten can't even land a head shot on Modok.
  • HecatomHecatom 'dat plot Joined: Posts: 8,032Registered
    .............Damn you PSN. 

All day maintenance?  I wanna kill stuff online ya know. 

-Starhammer-

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

At least i have MGR and NFS: MW to keep me entertained

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
  • AYO?!AYO?! Buttsubusu! Bravo, bravo! Joined: Posts: 11,439Registered
    Oh man I wanted to play Spec Ops: The Line, heard it was an underrated game that managed a compelling story in the Modern Shooter landscape. Taked on MP seems odd, wonder if it has some co-op options though.

Joe Danger and The Cave would be great.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc
    AE: Fei Long. Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: goodm0urning, Avy maker from another world. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csphere, Tuna Fish Riot, Savaii64 and Aria.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Joined: Posts: 5,905Registered
    I wanted to get the PC version of Spec Ops but I'll gladly take the PSN version.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
  • klawwklaww Dirtiest Grawgin Joined: Posts: 130Registered
    That FF video is interesting, but I believe he is wrong on the part about VI.  I think VI is saying that you will fail if you try to ascend to godhood.  Because kefka didn't create everything or anything like that, he ascended to that and fell. though his other points seem rather valid.
    I apologize for mass amounts of ignorance and stupidity in the preceding post.
    PSN: KlawwG hit me up anytime. :3
    Oh yeah, beat Sly Cooper in my collection. Still a wonderful title, now playing Sly 2 and on Episode 3. Only change I don't like so far is Carmelita's VA sounding more generic and losing the accent.
    New AV: goodm0urning, Avy maker from another world. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csphere, Tuna Fish Riot, Savaii64 and Aria.
    AYO?! said:
    Oh yeah, beat Sly Cooper in my collection. Still a wonderful title, now playing Sly 2 and on Episode 3. Only change I don't like so far is Carmelita's VA sounding more generic and losing the accent.
    Sly 1 is still a great game.  I've always loved it.  I haven't replayed 2 yet, so i don't remember carmelita's VA, is it that bad?
    klaww said:
    AYO?! said:
    Sly 1 is still a great game.  I've always loved it.  I haven't replayed 2 yet, so i don't remember carmelita's VA, is it that bad?

She isn't that bad, I guess I just really enjoyed the strong accent and more fierce temper exhibited in the first title. I'd say she is the weakest out of the cast though. Never got to play Sly 2 or 3 as a kid so these are new experiences for me. 

AYO?! said:
    klaww said:
    AYO?! said:

She isn't that bad, I guess I just really enjoyed the strong accent and more fierce temper exhibited in the first title. I'd say she is the weakest out of the cast though. Never got to play Sly 2 or 3 as a kid so these are new experiences for me. 

Well.  :P
    I would honestly have to say that 1 is the strongest and it kinda goes downhill from there, but not much. and considering how awesome 1 is, still saying 2 and 3 are good.  just not as good as 1.  though with 4, it seems as though the open world is to stay, i miss the days of levels in the first one. 
    Yeah I'd agree to that, Sly one I felt more invested into from story and gameplay point of view. I liked the hub worlds taking me to differently designed levels. But the car racing minigames can eat a dick.

klaww said:
    AYO?! said:
    klaww said:
    AYO?! said:

Well.  :P
    I would honestly have to say that 1 is the strongest and it kinda goes downhill from there, but not much. and considering how awesome 1 is, still saying 2 and 3 are good.  just not as good as 1.  though with 4, it seems as though the open world is to stay, i miss the days of levels in the first one. 
    Ah but that is why 4 is so good. It's got the huge hubs and fully fleshed out real levels in it.
    Oh nice! I will pick up Sly 4 when I am done with this bunch, I heard it plays it a little to safe but I want to support the title. It looked DOA as far as marketing is concerned.
    It's a PS2 Platformer through and through. It's not perfect but it's still really cool.
  • SonicabidSonicabid Get down on me, AIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!! Joined: Posts: 2,926Registered
    I think I'm going to play through an action game again soon. Most likely NGS1 or 2. I want to play Rising but I'm broke. I might borrow it off my friend if he has it, though. I want the DMC: HD collection so I don't have to bust out my PS2(although recently, I've been wanting to play some PS2/Gamecube games.)

On another forum a thread came up claiming "Ninja Gaiden: Black is still the best action game." I found this thread fun to read through because of all the various opinions there, I figure @crotchpuncha @HeaT and @Sarangha will like this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=519054
    Gaming my ass off as usual, while smoking and trying to get my entire town pregnant. www.twitch.tv/sonicabid If you want to see some random-ass game streaming.
  • SWBetaSWBeta Gaming Videos & Streaming Joined: Posts: 6,424Registered
    edited March 2013
    Gonna see if I can start streaming regularly again.

Need to finish the Chrono Cross stream, then I need to start FFIX, FFX, and FFXII streams.

I also need to do the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon streams.

Might also throw in Wild 9, Brave Fencer Musashi, Vagrant Story, Xenogears, and Syphon Filter too.

PS1 gaming lqPdI.gif
  • ViciousSLASHViciousSLASH Game Time Jones Joined: Posts: 6,808Registered
    THIS IS THE PS3 THREAD. NOT THE 15 YEARS AGO THREAD.
    http://michaelpfeffer.blogspot.com I don't even update this, who cares
    SWBeta wrote: »
    Gonna see if I can start streaming regularly again.

Need to finish the Chrono Cross stream, then I need to start FFIX, FFX, and FFXII streams.

I also need to do the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon streams.

Might also throw in Wild 9, Brave Fencer Musashi, Vagrant Story, Xenogears, and Syphon Filter too.

PS1 gaming lqPdI.gif
    Awh yeah. I forgot a bout Brave Fencer. Love that game.
    THIS IS THE PS3 THREAD. NOT THE 15 YEARS AGO THREAD.
    Says official playstation thread. ;)
    besides, crash and spyro are better than most games being put out nowadays.
  • AJSmith325AJSmith325 Joined: Posts: 177Registered
    edited March 2013
    I never owned Brave Fencer but I remember playing the demo and loving that game. Always wanted it but its expensive as hell now
    Brave Fencer is amazing.
  • SWBetaSWBeta Gaming Videos & Streaming Joined: Posts: 6,424Registered
    Just for VS, I'll throw in Ape Escape, Legend of Mana, and Medievil too. YClBO.gif
  • tanabetanabe Senior Lurker Associate Joined: Posts: 866Registered
    finally got an email saying my ps+ expired. i might as well get the 1 year +3 months and have that stack with the 10 bucks back.

my only concern is getting out of work before the store updates and i miss out on the 3 month bonus.

av by savaii64 :tup: