Beasts Fury 2D Fighting Game $383/$5000 indiegogo Project

BeastFuryBeastFury Joined: Posts: 43Registered
edited February 2013 in Fighting Game Discussion
What is Beasts Fury http://igg.me/p/323268

Beasts Fury is a 2D Fighting Video Game for the PC, Mac, Linux and eventually the Xbox, OUYA, android, and iOS, PS3

What Engine are we using ?

http://unity3d.com/

Overview

We here at beastsfurystudio are continuing to work on our 2D fighting game, "Beast's Fury".

Beast's Fury will be a 2D, arcade-style "Fighting" game based around anthropomorphic characters. It is currently being developed by a small but passionate team of individuals, both gaming enthusiasts and professional programmers alike. The game will not only involve action, but also will feature engaging storylines, intriguing characters, exotic arenas and a killer soundtrack to boot! This is one game you won't want to miss!

However, we are starting to run short of funds for the game and this is where you come in. Our goal is to raise $5,000 to help keep this project afloat and work on getting the Beta version up and running.

You can donate to the project, even if only $1, to help us achieve our goal and bring this great game to the people.

If you have any questions, email me at beasts_fury[at]hotmail.com

Why our team needs the funds

Why our team needs the funds we are at the point where we can make the first playable build as everyone knows making a game is very expensive

It will be going towards Character animation and programming.

Game Will Feature

Story: Play a single character through regular matches, additional cut scenes, boss fights, and an ending.

Arcade: Play a team of characters through regular matches, boss fights, and an ending.

Versus: A 1v1 Mode with Computer AI

Local: Versus mode between two players on one console.

Online: Versus mode using GGPO

Training Mode: Practice combos and set ups

Replay Feature: Watch your online match's

The Programming Side of this Project

Azurous Studios - www.azurousstudios.com
Jason Barrett - Programming
Nathan Dupuie - Programming

FIGHTING GAME MECHANICS

The fighting game will be structured around a 2-round format similar to many fighting games, the cast of fighters being balanced around 1000 ‘hit points’ which is reduced by hit-box collision over the course of each round, some attacks performing more damage then others. Like many fighting games, each round will be timed, counting down from 99 real-time seconds.

The game will feature 6 attack buttons, three punch’s and three kicks. A light’ medium and heavy version of each. The characters movement is determined by directional controls such as the arrow keys, forward will walk the character towards his opponent, back to distance from the opponent, up will make your character jump directly upwards, diagonals jumping either toward or away from the opponent. Down will cause the character to crouch.

Like street fighter, the game will have a block mechanic, automatically blocking attacks if the character is pressing away on their arrow keys. Diagonals will also work, allowing for crouch blocks and air blocks. The player cannot block while attacking, even if he is holding the correct direction.

The player can also perform a short dash towards his opponent by double tapping forward, special attacks are performed in a similar matter to street fighter, usually being a quarter circle (down, forward and then punch is a classic example of this, the iconic input to fire a hadouken). Special attacks and their properties will be determined later
Post edited by BeastFury on

Comments

• bchan009bchan009 Joined: Posts: 431Registered
    You might want to go more into detail on game features, gameplay systems, netplay, etc. Right now most of the stuff you've shown is mostly aesthetics, so it doesn't really give a good idea of what the game is actually like.

And, not to rain on your parade or something, but I think the art style might be a turn-off for some. Same problem Dust: An Elysian Tale had. ^^;; I personally think it looks good!
  • X_SwordX_Sword -+FGs, Art, Manga, and Beats+- Joined: Posts: 1,620Registered
    I hope all goes well with this project. It looks good so far. If I may add a suggestion on the idle stance of your character, I think the legs shouldn't sway with the cloak the concept character has. He should have a natural bounce, but let the cloak have the greater movement
    **Fresh Music Select--Nas:'It Was Written...' full album stream
    --TurntheHeadphonesUp--
    Steam:Ne0Cloak
  • BeastFuryBeastFury Joined: Posts: 43Registered
    bchan009 wrote: »
    You might want to go more into detail on game features, gameplay systems, netplay, etc. Right now most of the stuff you've shown is mostly aesthetics, so it doesn't really give a good idea of what the game is actually like.

And, not to rain on your parade or something, but I think the art style might be a turn-off for some. Same problem Dust: An Elysian Tale had. ^^;; I personally think it looks good!
    Thanks for your input I been working on improving the project would you be able to spread the word of the project.

• BeastFuryBeastFury Joined: Posts: 43Registered
    X_Sword wrote: »
    I hope all goes well with this project. It looks good so far. If I may add a suggestion on the idle stance of your character, I think the legs shouldn't sway with the cloak the concept character has. He should have a natural bounce, but let the cloak have the greater movement
    Yeah its in the roughs stage improving as we go.

• SubjectiveSubjective Joined: Posts: 136Registered
    I dated a furry in college. It's OK, let's all admit it
    PSN: Subjectivve
  • HecatomHecatom 'dat plot Joined: Posts: 8,032Registered
    Was this ever posted on the frontpage of srk?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
  • ArugulaZArugulaZ Uses Dan w/o Irony Joined: Posts: 116Registered
    edited March 2013
    I really must insist on this... add a bear to the cast.  Their omission from Bloody Roar was a huge oversight.  Also, try including some overlooked species... I think you could get a lot of mileage out of the honey badger, or possibly a binturong if you wanted to get really obscure.

It looks promising so far, though.  It's too early to say how it will turn out, but I already suspect it will be more entertaining than Brutal: Paws of Fury.  I love the phoenix logo; it's very professional.

What plans do you have for the combat system aside from three buttons/three kicks?  Will it be more acrobatic like the early Marvel vs. Capcom and Guilty Gear games, or will the characters be more affected by gravity?  Will there be launchers and wire attacks, a'la Waku Waku 7?  Will there be breakable background objects?  (Please say there will be breakables!) How's the super meter going to work?

Definitely get this promoted on Shoryuken.  Joystiq and FurAffinity might be good places to go to drum up support as well.

ALSO: Final boss, Kesagake.  It used a Japanese village as its own personal bento box and took nearly a week to bring down.  Think about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankebetsu_brown_bear_incident
    Dude, that's not Pringles! That's barely even Munchos!

Visit The Gameroom Blitz:
    http://www.lakupo.com/grblitz
  • d3vd3v Grumpy Infraction Machine Joined: Posts: 18,541Registered, Moderators
    edited March 2013
    Got a breakdown of how exactly the money will be used? After the whole Skullgirls thing, that amount of money now looks real cheap for a 2D fighting game, too cheap in fact. I'd just like confirmation that this is the exact amount needed to complete the game and not, as some devs have posted in the NeoGAF thread, understated in the hopes that a low enough goal will encourage people to back the project (in the hopes of making more than the stated fund), because a cheap project is a more likely "winner."
    Post edited by d3v on
    Pinoy2DFighters - The Philippines brings you 3 things: terrorists, trolls and ass beatings in MAHVELL.
    D3Vlicious.com - Fighting game and arcade stick news.
    Follow me on Twitter @D3Vlicious
    PSN: unityd3v (US), pinakaguwaping (HK)
  • PrimalFighterPrimalFighter Joined: Posts: 9Registered
    edited March 2013
    This game needs finishers.

- Street Fighter got Super & Ultra combos
    - Mortal Kombat got fatalities
    - Bloody Roar got beast drives
    - Soulcalibur got critical finishers/edges
    - Tekken got unblockable moves
    - Blazblue got Astral finishes

What's next?