Austin Thread @ Arcade UFO

1283284285286287289»

Comments

• NeoSuplexNeoSuplex Joined: Posts: 7Registered
    For those of you that haven't been to my events (all of you, I'm assuming) I do provide equipment, I do provide set ups, I usually purchase the games unless I can get away with it, and I do purchase and produce all the advertising and promotion. If you've ever been, you'll see that I don't ask anyone attending to bring anything because, in the past it was all me. I know that's not how you're used to seeing things done, but that's OK.
  • DankeDanke Superior Tech. Joined: Posts: 989Registered
    For those of you that haven't been to my events (all of you, I'm assuming) I do provide equipment, I do provide set ups, I usually purchase the games unless I can get away with it, and I do purchase and produce all the advertising and promotion. If you've ever been, you'll see that I don't ask anyone attending to bring anything because, in the past it was all me. I know that's not how you're used to seeing things done, but that's OK.

No one's going, don't worry about it.
    XBL GT: Das Danke Twitter: https://twitter.com/DasDanke
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamBrownTown (Fighting game tips, tricks, and combo videos including the Superior Tech series.)
    http://www.twitch.tv/schillbs (Streaming my Marvel adventures periodically; I will prove Spencer is the worst by winning with him!)
  • PozerWolfPozerWolf Gummies, yum! ;o Joined: Posts: 6,870Registered
    Damnitt, really sorry about the situation guys.

I'd recommend people to avoid this event.
    Otherwise, enter at your own risk.
    My Blog, please don't read it - PonyAndDrugs.blogspot.com
  • dance robotdance robot Joined: Posts: 58Registered
    Anyone going to be at UFO on Saturday or Sunday for casuals? If so, when, and would you be up for beating up on a noob?
    I'm bad at SSF4. I'm looking for someone who is similarly bad to train with offline in Austin, TX. PM me!
  • poonagepoonage not ryan harvey Joined: Posts: 1,403Registered
    Heads up, if you're a regular I'm sure you've already heard, but UFO will be closing for the Christmas holidays while we perform a full-scale renovation on the space. The last day of business in 2012 will be Friday, the 14th (open until 3am as usual) after which we will be closed for approximately one month. Our goal is to reopen around the same time that school is back in session for UT students in January 2013.

I apologize to those who intended on visiting over the holiday season, but we'll be back in January better than ever! Thanks and happy holidays.
    The background is favored in this matchup.
  • tl_crowtl_crow stupid hitbox game Joined: Posts: 177Registered
    I just wanted to say that I had great fun last night before UFOnovation and I'm excited to see what the changes are in 2013. Thank you for being here, UFO.
    BEHOLD THE GLORY OF THE BINGO ENGINE
  • Pervert_QPervert_Q a.k.a Pizza Josh Joined: Posts: 457Registered
    Selling some stuff. Please buy it. I am poor.

Dual mod stick with new gate/buttons and phreak mods break away stick $120

Bobblebee hardshell cyclist backpack $50 (normally 120)

Xbox 360 games
    Doom 3 BFG edition $20
    Persona 4 arena $20

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Is there any interest in sfxt 2013 at UFO?
  • DankeDanke Superior Tech. Joined: Posts: 989Registered
    Interest? No. People who will play? Sure.
    XBL GT: Das Danke Twitter: https://twitter.com/DasDanke
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamBrownTown (Fighting game tips, tricks, and combo videos including the Superior Tech series.)
    http://www.twitch.tv/schillbs (Streaming my Marvel adventures periodically; I will prove Spencer is the worst by winning with him!)
  • Pervert_QPervert_Q a.k.a Pizza Josh Joined: Posts: 457Registered
    Yea that games gonna have to blow me while I play at this point....... I think its great they're trying to repair damaged goods but I feel like it's just far too gone.
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    I play calibur. Just having a body on the other side of the machine is a victory for me. See you on the other side, Danke. :3
  • Scottie YoshScottie Yosh 765Pro | Yosh Joined: Posts: 62Registered
    RDY?
    Man the new forums are weird.

Need some UFO in my ly-ii-ffee.
  • TXscrubTXscrub Joined: Posts: 4Registered
    Anyone in the Austin fgc looking for a roommate? I'm looking to move down from Dallas.
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Hunts bots. Also pantsu. Joined: Posts: 7,995Registered, Moderators
    Soooooo Austin peeps. I'm moving to Austin, TX in about a week and a half.

What's good? XD
    Got a question or gripe about the new forum software? It might be covered in the FAQ.

"Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

Nominee, 2012 Arcade Stick Modder of the Year
  • ziggybgwziggybgw Calvin and Hobbs. Get it? Forget it. Joined: Posts: 38Registered
    Cant wait for Arcade UFO to reopen… Any of yall Austin folk headin down to Houston in April for Texas Showdown?
  • dance robotdance robot Joined: Posts: 58Registered
    edited February 2013
    ziggybgw said:
    Cant wait for Arcade UFO to reopen… Any of yall Austin folk headin down to Houston in April for Texas Showdown?

I'm probably going to go.  I don't think I'll have improved enough by then to even win a game, but it'll be fun regardless.
    I'm bad at SSF4. I'm looking for someone who is similarly bad to train with offline in Austin, TX. PM me!
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Hunts bots. Also pantsu. Joined: Posts: 7,995Registered, Moderators
    I'm going. I go to a lot of tournaments. More than welcome to ferry a few people over with me if we split the hotel room and gas.
    Got a question or gripe about the new forum software? It might be covered in the FAQ.

"Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

Nominee, 2012 Arcade Stick Modder of the Year
  • Voyager1Voyager1 Joined: Posts: 2Registered
    Most of you probably already know, but UFO is reopening this Friday, March 1st!
    Austin, TX, UFO
    I will be there friday to win every scv match and lose every sfxt match
    GGs tonight. It's really good to have you back, UFO.
  • neemo6neemo6 huh what Joined: Posts: 526Registered
    Didn't realize there was an arcade in austin, i was just there for a race at the new track.
    SSFIV: Sagat/Rufus
    MvC3: Zero/Skrull/Doom