New Forum Software FAQ (WIP)

2»

Comments

• ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 11,760Registered, Moderators, Staff Online
    Zebster said:
    So, will we ever be able to see what's on the front page from the forums, like on the previous layout?
    They might bring it back if they find a way to do it, although I'm not sure since a LOT of people complained about it when it was there. 
    MascotRay said:
    I'm not the only one seeing the game specific forums being mashed together right? For example, when I look at the Street Fighter X Tekken Character Discussion, there's characters from Mortal Kombat, MvC2, etc all mixed in there. It's a mess.
    Nah, it's like that for everyone. Wiz is still working on it but it's being a total bitch as far as I know. 
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Hunts bots. Also pantsu. Joined: Posts: 7,995Registered, Moderators
    Got an update concerning the issue of subforms being in the wrong sections:

"We should be able to fix it on Thursday of the upcoming week. There are some caching problems on this server, so they have to step in and correct it."
    Got a question or gripe about the new forum software? It might be covered in the FAQ.

"Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

Nominee, 2012 Arcade Stick Modder of the Year
  • jedpossumjedpossum What you say? Joined: Posts: 2,667Registered
    jedpossum wrote: »
    Request
    A flag for threads made in wrong section.

I would think this is what the "off topic" flag is for. It doesn't have to be limited to the scope of the site, but I assume it's applicable down to the thread level, even.
    Off topic doesn't get the mods attention.
    If you mention Jojo's expect a long talk.
    Computer memory doesn't lie the heads up display can.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX GOOMBA STOMP!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,381Registered
    Anyone know what the "Promote" reaction means yet? I see it everytime I go to my profile to check notifications and stuff, but I got no idea what it means. Kinda like the level star to the left under our usernames.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Doom/Wesker::::TTT2: Lili, Kunimitsu
    Thanks to Savaii64 for DAT AV!!
  • shiryu22shiryu22 Romeo Joined: Posts: 2,792Registered
    edited February 2013
    Ok, a rather situation-specific question here -

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/165165/february-1st-tapioca-tea-ssfiv-ae-umvc3-tournament-in-elk-grove-ca/p1 - in the first post

I run tournaments and try to keep a running results list in the first post of every thread for that specific tournament. I've been running them for quite awhile now and have a bunch. With the new forum transition, there seems to be a new character limit per post; I have no gripe with that. However, I can no longer view all of the results in the spoiler tags in edit mode, and when I click "show source", it shows it but with <div class> codes and other HTML. Am I out of luck? Will I not be able to get the post the way it was formatted in Xenforo?

It's weird because in normal viewing mode, I can click every spoiler tag and see everything that was there before the transition. I just want to be able to have the simply formatted post so I can just break it up if need be to meet the character limit next time I start or edit a thread.
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 4,786Registered
    I dont if this was covered somewhere else , but..

I made a post in Image Mishmash section in the Hot Asian Girl Thread comprised mostly of pictures.
    When I clicked "post comment", it said" Your comment will be posted when content is approved"
    It never appeared, but I was able to post images in hot white/bhl girl threads just fine.
    New feature or glitch?

Thanks!

There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open.
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Hunts bots. Also pantsu. Joined: Posts: 7,995Registered, Moderators
    I dont if this was covered somewhere else , but..

I made a post in Image Mishmash section in the Hot Asian Girl Thread comprised mostly of pictures.
    When I clicked "post comment", it said" Your comment will be posted when content is approved"
    It never appeared, but I was able to post images in hot white/bhl girl threads just fine.
    New feature or glitch?

Thanks!
    You were flagged by the spam filter. I verified your account so it won't happen again.
    Got a question or gripe about the new forum software? It might be covered in the FAQ.

"Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

Nominee, 2012 Arcade Stick Modder of the Year
  • OneFrameLinkOneFrameLink Joined: Posts: 8Registered
    jedpossum said:
    Off topic doesn't get the mods attention.
    Hopefully when everything else is ironed out, they'll be able to customize it so that it can.
    <a href="http://blog.oneframelink.com/what-is-one-frame-link/" title="CLICK IT! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!">Making the FGC better, THROUGH SCIENCE!</a>
  • jedpossumjedpossum What you say? Joined: Posts: 2,667Registered
    This is going to be interesting Is html going to be removed?
    If you mention Jojo's expect a long talk.
    Computer memory doesn't lie the heads up display can.
  • RandomMexicanRandomMexican Joined: Posts: 1Registered
    edited February 2013
    Man i  dont care about the colors, I  just wanna be able to watch the you tube  videos that were posted here in different character forums, with this new layout  you guys screwed up the entire strategy forums. Im SHOCKED no one has complained  about it.  WTH??? Right   where there was suppose to be videos  i just see links like     WTH is that? did someone just posted the solution and i didnt read it?
    EDIT: now i saw a bunch of recent videos that were posted after the layout change  but still, I need to watch the old videos! is that still posible ???
  • Icy Black DeepIcy Black Deep Still training... Joined: Posts: 463Registered
    edited February 2013
    I just see links like     WTH is that?
    Since you seem desperate, you can copy and paste the stuff between the tags into any other youtube URL.  Or in other words, put "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=" in front of it.  So you can find your Zero video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CTit_LC4js
    New Jersey
  • ifbpwnstarifbpwnstar Joined: Posts: 498Registered
    The priorities of the new thread need to be:

Fix character image notations
    Fix links
    Fix the character length of posts

This needs to happen first before anything. It is driving me insane. I can't update any of my OPs (my cap thread is 2000+ characters too long! two-fuckin-thousand!), my combos all look a mess, etc... Content before trivial perks and visuals. I can care less about the color palette, my concern is can I get the info I need easily from the forums.
    Determined to claim the title of best Captain 'Murica player. Bring it at EVO! O____________O
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    UMvC3 Teams: Cap(ss)/Vergil(rapid)/Doom(missile), Task(H arrow)/Doom(missile)/Vergil(rapid)
    SC5: Astaroth
    SC4: Ivy, Rock
    edited February 2013
    jedpossum said:
    This is going to be interesting Is html going to be removed?

Aw, a lot more stuff works in the editor and then gets stripped out when actually displayed. I miss my <blink> tag :(
    New Jersey
  • mr. tibbsmr. tibbs ν=13 Joined: Posts: 424Registered
    Just dropping a line of encouragement: the forum seems a lot faster now than it did before the changes. So thanks. :)
    Ramon is free!
    Yosuke, AKA chibi-tibbs will miss you. - Goatrix
  • Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,270Registered
    edited March 2013
    I just see links like     WTH is that?
    Since you seem desperate, you can copy and paste the stuff between the tags into any other youtube URL.  Or in other words, put "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=" in front of it.  So you can find your Zero video at

but suppose we just wanna post a new vid up onto the character forums.... how do we create the video appearing on the forum page?

i know how to insert image. i just click the insert image icon on the fonts tool bar....but yt vids are still a mystery to me here.

lemme try this here

Post edited by Axl_m4ster on
  • Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,270Registered
    yeah ok, i got it now thanks icy black deep
    yeah ok, i got it now thanks icy black deep
    Ha.  For anyone else wondering: If you just put in a YouTube URL the forum will automatically turn it into an embed.  If you want to actually see the URL as in my previous post you have to switch to HTML mode and put an entity in so it won't get detected as a URL.  But if you go back and forth or go back and edit a post the entity gets replaced and the URL gets detected and the video gets embedded.

New Jersey
  • ifbpwnstarifbpwnstar Joined: Posts: 498Registered
    So what should we be doing as far as notation for moves going forward? Should we keep doing :dp:+:l: style notations or will those be changed entirely and we should just post it as "DP+L"? I REALLY want those images back as everything is a mess without it.
    Determined to claim the title of best Captain 'Murica player. Bring it at EVO! O____________O
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    UMvC3 Teams: Cap(ss)/Vergil(rapid)/Doom(missile), Task(H arrow)/Doom(missile)/Vergil(rapid)
    SC5: Astaroth
    SC4: Ivy, Rock
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,218Registered
    So what dimensions should our avatars be uploaded as now?
  • HisakiHisaki Pro Lurker Joined: Posts: 22Registered
    Hm.  Silly question, and I may well be completely dumb for not looking enough, but is it still possible to buy premium membership in the new layout?  I said in another thread that I'd do so if the site move improved the stability of the forums, and that's been taken care of in my experience, so I'd like to follow through on that.
  • KyleKyle PS-14-Gangsta Joined: Posts: 4,559Registered, Moderators
    It's not a matter of getting the resolution right (I tried). They are scaling up the phone avatar instead of the profile image.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

Replacement Themes for Enhanced Browsing Pleasure
  • kitsunisankitsunisan I need alcohol Joined: Posts: 2,709Registered
    Kyle said:
    It's not a matter of getting the resolution right (I tried). They are scaling up the phone avatar instead of the profile image.
    Yup, see that little icon next to your name on the top right of the board?  That's what's actually getting scaled, not the avatar you upload in you profile settings. It'll get there, just need to be a bit more patient.
    DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES. THANK YOU - The Community
  • One Frame LinkOne Frame Link Joined: Posts: 1Registered
    edited March 2013
    Delete this post please...