DARKSTALKERS RESURRECTION coming to XBLA and PSN

1131415161719»

Comments

• jedpossumjedpossum What you say? Joined: Posts: 2,667Registered
    If you mention Jojo's expect a long talk.
    Computer memory doesn't lie the heads up display can.
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 16,621Registered
    Are they by the same guy who made the 3s remixes
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
  • felinekifelineki Joined: Posts: 909Registered
    Keits said:
    I brought this up over at Capcom-Unity, but I figure I might as well mention it here too: The thing with Rikuo is whether or not a Sonic Wave or Poison Breath performed right before the bubble actually makes contact with the opponent will then hit the bubbled opponent or not. The inability to perform the moves after the opponent is actually inside the bubble is the same in all versions.
    "The Hammer Bros. Suit was more broken than O. Sagat, AHVB, and CotA Magneto put together." -specs

"I always thought that O. Sagat, AHVB, and CotA Magneto were just aspects of the Hammer Bros. Suit, broken down in several pieces in order to keep the universe from breaking." -Wellman
  • d3vd3v Grumpy Infraction Machine Joined: Posts: 18,541Registered, Moderators
    edited February 2013
    felineki said:
    Keits said:
    I brought this up over at Capcom-Unity, but I figure I might as well mention it here too: The thing with Rikuo is whether or not a Sonic Wave or Poison Breath performed right before the bubble actually makes contact with the opponent will then hit the bubbled opponent or not. The inability to perform the moves after the opponent is actually inside the bubble is the same in all versions.
    Send Combofiend a PM.

EDIT: Actually, I did sent one myself.
    Pinoy2DFighters - The Philippines brings you 3 things: terrorists, trolls and ass beatings in MAHVELL.
    D3Vlicious.com - Fighting game and arcade stick news.
    Follow me on Twitter @D3Vlicious
    PSN: unityd3v (US), pinakaguwaping (HK)
    Doing so now, will let you know what he says.
    "The Hammer Bros. Suit was more broken than O. Sagat, AHVB, and CotA Magneto put together." -specs

"I always thought that O. Sagat, AHVB, and CotA Magneto were just aspects of the Hammer Bros. Suit, broken down in several pieces in order to keep the universe from breaking." -Wellman
    ComboFiend replied, but said that he won't be able to get in touch with the devs until tomorrow. He also asked if there was anything else that should be checked, so I'm going to bring up some of the things mentioned on the Darkstalkers Frame Data site to him.

• Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 3,147Registered
    Capccom snf dubstep have to break the fuck upp. what i'd give to hear actual instuments again.
    "how far in life do you have to sink when you go to a tournament just to hold up a sign" NickGuy
  • IsleySilverKingIsleySilverKing Joined: Posts: 93Registered
    I also think that this game won't last long; people will be interested for the first couples weeks to maybe a month then it'll just die down. I want it to last but this is one of those games where many people supposedly like the series but oddly few will actually play the game, and of the few that do most get discouraged for a variety of reasons but I'd say mostly if they get stomped by veterans -- I've seen this scenario play out over and over from ggpo and back when my local arcade brought in a Vampire Savior cab. The only way I can see it perhaps having any sort of longevity is if somehow many newcomers actually end up playing the game and that way they can avoid playing the few competent players and just play amongst themselves. That's pretty sad, but the only way I can see this having any sort of life outside the very few that already play it.
    felineki said:
    ComboFiend replied, but said that he won't be able to get in touch with the devs until tomorrow. He also asked if there was anything else that should be checked, so I'm going to bring up some of the things mentioned on the Darkstalkers Frame Data site to him.
    Yeah, he replied to me with the same thing.
    Pinoy2DFighters - The Philippines brings you 3 things: terrorists, trolls and ass beatings in MAHVELL.
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 828Registered

I also think that this game won't last long; people will be interested for the first couples weeks to maybe a month then it'll just die down. I want it to last but this is one of those games where many people supposedly like the series but oddly few will actually play the game, and of the few that do most get discouraged for a variety of reasons but I'd say mostly if they get stomped by veterans -- I've seen this scenario play out over and over from ggpo and back when my local arcade brought in a Vampire Savior cab. The only way I can see it perhaps having any sort of longevity is if somehow many newcomers actually end up playing the game and that way they can avoid playing the few competent players and just play amongst themselves. That's pretty sad, but the only way I can see this having any sort of life outside the very few that already play it.
    it has nothing to do with experience gap. In SFIV and other new fighting games the gap is even worse than in VS. In VS veterans are far fewer.
    It is just that the game looks ancient and will probably  be unwelcomed by  a lot of new players.

why upgrade our computers or buy new consoles when such old games are released?

not good at any, mediocre at many
  • IsleySilverKingIsleySilverKing Joined: Posts: 93Registered
    petran79 said:

it has nothing to do with experience gap. In SFIV and other new fighting games the gap is even worse than in VS. In VS veterans are far fewer.
    It is just that the game looks ancient and will probably  be unwelcomed by  a lot of new players.

why upgrade our computers or buy new consoles when such old games are released?

The aesthetics of the game being older does play a role, but I'm not sure if it's the single main factor as you make it to be. When ST HD remix was released that game had a strong following for some time, although the animation was redone by Udon it was still an old game. Also the result from a difference in skill gap is way more apparent in VS than in the newer games; a beginner can get a lucky win here and there in those but never in VS if it's a match between a newbie and a high level player.

It's true the amount of competent players are fewer for VS but currently the only real access newbies would have to it would likely be through ggpo and the few players that are there are competent at the least, and that's more than enough to scare em away or discourage them from trying again. lol But if with the console release making the game easily available to the masses, and if many newblood decide to play it, then they'd have company with others of similar level. Maybe this would encourage them to stick around, maybe not, but it's the only way I can see this release having any longevity. 

Newbies will stick around of veterans go out of their way to make sure they stick around.
  • Keepin'em HonestKeepin'em Honest Look elsewhere for lies. Joined: Posts: 214Registered
    said:
    Remixes sound decent except for that heavy dubstep shit. Bet that music only sounds appealing when you're high on extacy and LSD.
    "Clearly, the fighting games you play must suck, you spend so much time hatin on everyone else's rather than playing them!"
  • SuperFreakSuperFreak Dope track late night. Joined: Posts: 247Registered
    ---
    edited February 2013
    TKO recently posted a series of videos demonstrating punishes against various moves in Night Warriors.

• Noble CactusNoble Cactus In name only. Joined: Posts: 8,341Registered
    GGPO Vampire weeklies starting in about 20 minutes. Watch or join, make you choice!

Vampire 1 is the aftertournament, so if you want to witness this silly game in action, stick around.

"No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell."
    - Jung
  • Keepin'em HonestKeepin'em Honest Look elsewhere for lies. Joined: Posts: 214Registered
    edited February 2013
    "Clearly, the fighting games you play must suck, you spend so much time hatin on everyone else's rather than playing them!"
  • Noble CactusNoble Cactus In name only. Joined: Posts: 8,341Registered
    Today's Vampire Savior tournament is starting! Come watch, and stick around for Vampire Hunter afterwards. Resurrection is right around the corner, after all.

"No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell."
    - Jung