When is the next STREET FIGHTER or CAPCOM related comic coming out?

1394041424345»

Comments

• SanoSano I'm on the PSP! Joined: Posts: 12,260Registered, Moderators
    Mega Man #19 comes out next week! :cybot:
    Mega Man was awesome this week!
    Dr. Light's comment about sliding made me laugh out loud! :D

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk 2
    Miles Edgeworth volume 3 comes out next week! :cool:

Mega Man issue 20 comes out next week, along with the second volume of the Captain Commando manga! Whatchumean you don't know who he is? He... Is.... CAPTAIN COMMANDO!!! :rock:
    Mega Man was really cool. Lots of time travel so we got to see plenty of glimpses of more MM games and even some of the Gameboy ones!

The second volume of the Captain Commando manga was dope too. We got an origin story for Baby Head and they managed to sneak in the names of a lot of Marvel and DC characters in the book. Check below to see the names listed and their Super-Hero identites!
    These names all came up on a list Captain Commando saw on a list of Artificial Life researchers, in terms of 'creating people.' For fun I'll talk about who could actually be involved in said research, well their Marvel and DC incarnations anyway!

Frank Castle, AKA The Punisher. Shyeah right!

Kurt Wagner, AKA Nightcrawler - Not really a scientist. Good to know he's alive though because he's currently dead in Marvel comics LOL!

Matthew Michael Murdock, AKA Daredevil - Not really a scientist either.

Jonathan Storm, AKA The Human Torch - Also not a scientist. Should've gone with Reed Richards!

Elektra Natchios, AKA Elektra. Um, NO!

Katherine Pryde, AKA Kitty Pride, Shadowcat, Sprite, Ariel, etc. - Well she is really good with computers at least.

Peter Parker, AKA Spider-Man - This one's totally possible, especially given Spider-Man's recent work with Horizon Labs. I can see it! However with all his troubles with clones he might be against this kind of research. But hey maybe he was trying to bring his homeboy clone Ben Reilly back to life LOL!

Steve Rogers, AKA Captain America. AKA NO!

Brian Braddock, AKA Captain Britain. He's also Psylocke's brother. And still not a scientist....

Hoover Estefan, AKA Baby Commando - Well of course he's a scientist it's part of the story MAAANG!

R.Dick Grayson - Lol this is supposed to be either Richard Grayson or Dick Grayson, AKA Nightwing or the first Robin. At least the Dick Grayson of the Young Justice cartoon is really good with computers.

Tomothy Drake - This is supposed to be Tim Drake. DC don't sue Udon ROFL! The third Robin and currently Red Robin. Not a scientist, but at least he's a really good detective so 'maybe' it's something he could grow into. Especially since the DC Reboot made him lose like ten years and de-aged him yikes! For argument's sake there was that whole bit where he was really trying to bring the clone Superboy back to life a few years back.

Henry McCoy, AKA Beast - HOORAY ANOTHER ACTUAL SCIENTIST!

Felicia Hardy, AKA Black Cat. Professional thief, so no. Unless she was pretending to be a scientist and she was casing the joint. Work with me here!

LOL the manga was a lot of fun, it kind of adapts about half of the video game and you have to play Captain Commando for the rest. Gonna fire it up again for kicks!

Mega Man #21 comes out next week! :cybot: Happy New Year everybody and WHERE'S MY UDON COMICS GAWD! :rofl:
  • vasili10vasili10 Forever waits Joined: Posts: 4,376Registered
    Mega Man #21 comes out next week! :cybot: Happy New Year everybody and WHERE'S MY UDON COMICS GAWD! :rofl:

Yeah really (darn can't bold the :rofl:).
    SUPER STREET FIGHTER VOL. 1 NEW GENERATION FROM UDON HITS COMIC BOOK STORES NEXT WEEK!!!!!11111!!!!!!!!! :wow:

(Sano passed out.)

Seriously??

(someone hold me too)
  • KarimlooKarimloo Joined: Posts: 603Registered
    I'll buy it if it features a good chunk of characters I care about. Chun-Li...

Chun-Li...

Oh and Twelve. No not really.
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 3,502Registered
    Did this get pushed back? Amazon has it as a 2/12 release date.

Maybe I'll swing past Midtown Comics today and see what the deal is.
  • Fight123Fight123 Joined: Posts: 154Registered
    Can anyone tell me how prominately Dan features in the new comic? If he's not in a starring role I cant buy
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/360579589552?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1117wt_699
    Did this get pushed back? Amazon has it as a 2/12 release date.

Maybe I'll swing past Midtown Comics today and see what the deal is.

Amazon dates and comic book store dates are completely different. Didn't get a chance to stop by Midtown this morning (thanks stupid ass trains) but I'll stop by during lunch. Called them up, they have it.
  • MattMoylanMattMoylan Joined: Posts: 85Registered
    Can anyone tell me how prominately Dan features in the new comic? If he's not in a starring role I cant buy
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/360579589552?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1117wt_699

Definitely Includes some Dan. He'll be in Vol.2 as well!

-Matt Moylan, UDON Managing Editor
    Two doses of Capcom manga drop next week. Miles Edgeworth Ace Attorney Investigations Vol. 4 and Sengoku Basara Samural Legends Vol. 2! :rock:

I enjoyed the new SF book from Udon.

Probably my only complaint, I wish Sakura wasn't this involved in the SF3 era.

Still it was good to read the comic again after such a long hiatus.

Loved the Twelve fight and all of the easter eggs during that fight. Favorite part!

The extra fan art styled pieces were nice too. Ingrid by Dogan! Very cool.

I enjoyed the new SF book from Udon.

Probably my only complaint, I wish Sakura wasn't this involved in the SF3 era.

Uh oh, I'm guessing they might've taken her red eyes a little too far?
    Uh oh, I'm guessing they might've taken her red eyes a little too far?

It didn't go too far, but I'd still prefer it if Ken Siu-Chong wrote Ryu without Sakura more. I get that he pairs them to flesh Ryu out more. I think he wrote Ryu by himself just fine in the last issue of the SF2 tourney. Sakura should be moving on with her life just like other SF characters were allowed to. I can see using Guile in SF3's storyline because of the military angle, but Sakura's pressence seems a bit forced here. Well hey it's still an ongoing story, perhaps the next volume will prove me wrong.
    Ah, gotcha.
  • SammuraibladeSammuraiblade Lacking Training Joined: Posts: 233Registered
    It didn't go too far, but I'd still prefer it if Ken Siu-Chong wrote Ryu without Sakura more. I get that he pairs them to flesh Ryu out more. I think he wrote Ryu by himself just fine in the last issue of the SF2 tourney. Sakura should be moving on with her life just like other SF characters were allowed to. I can see using Guile in SF3's storyline because of the military angle, but Sakura's pressence seems a bit forced here. Well hey it's still an ongoing story, perhaps the next volume will prove me wrong.
    I'm gonna disagree with you on this one. Since Ryu is barely shown in this book, some of the main story focuses on Sakura more than it ever had. It is pleasant surprise as well with the direction Siu-Chong is taking her. My complaint is why the main story is broken up between the back stories. It reads more like a hardcover magazine rather than a novel. Overall it does read better in this format than in comic book form, and I commend them on that. Is it worth the price? Maybe...it has been a LONG while since UDON went back to street fighter,so it worth to know what path they've gone in the story line. However, $34.99 is a lot of money to ask for to the average consumer, especially if the consumer has was never a fan. It's a "buy" if you got the cash.
    In the name of Harman....
    edited February 2013
    Late update due to SRK being down for a few days. The next issue of Mega Man, #22 comes out this week! I don't think all the smilies work yet so imagine a smilie of a robot here lol!
  • LoonaLoona Orochi ex Machina Joined: Posts: 14Registered

Definitely Includes some Dan. He'll be in Vol.2 as well!

-Matt Moylan, UDON Managing Editor
    Interesting to see you here... 

What are the odds of some more Makoto in Vol. 2? 
    The character seemed underused in the Ibuki mini-series, considering the unused contrasts with Ibuki (self-driven in spite of her family, as opposed to trying to do her own thing while trying to meet family demands), being reduced to something of a hot-head. Then again, I think I've already addressed that before in this thread.

Anyway. got the book the other day - unlike with others, I didn't buy this on-sight, since when I first saw it I was surprised by it being hardcover (maybe I should have paid more attention to the promotional material, but I don't recall much of a precedent on these...) and especially the price (having it brought to Europe probably add a bit, but it hurt the wallet). I eventually went back for it when I went to the store to pick up Captain Commando volume 2 (I'm still surprised that Udon bothered with this, so I went for it - but the way I see it, this is still working toward the hope of an SNK book someday).

I have to say, I was a bit worried with my perception of what this latest SF book was going to be like - between some press releases and samples in a few places, I was worried that the stories for the most part were going to be completely disconnected from each other, which would be a sad departure from the older stories, which did a good job of tying things together with the odd reasonable liberty taken.
    It turns out, while some stories add nothing to a wider narrative, there are still plenty of connecting points working towards an actual story here, which was a pleasant surprise (in the middle of oddities like Mika wearing a mask as part of an Olympic comitte... or Mike Haggar being in such a thing at all).

I'm no fan of Sakura, but she was decently used here, with plenty of nice nods :"sunburned"/"evil" version from MSHvSF, her Ryu-ish DLC outfit from SF4 - no more schoolgirl outfit if she's out of school is a good thing IMO - , and that nod to the SFA2 cover, making a lot more sense here since she's actually shorter than Gouki, not to mention his actual praising of her attitude in an older Udon story.

However, Bison's association with Gill's group is very very very very weird, even if he ends up declaring some backstabbing intentions or something. We're talking as old-school villain as can be, one expects nothing resembling compromise from him...
    CFJ has character-specific victory lines, right? If so, I wonder what kind of things Bison and Urien say to each other...

The Juri short was interesting, but there's a clear lack of a bridge in it from that moment in her life to her later alliances, unless that's all handwaved under brain damage twisting her priorities or something. Then again, the fault there lies with Capcom, I'm not entirely sure they thought that through (or I need to (re)check her parts in the plot canon guide).

I liked the way Alex was handled now that he's finally appeared - after that initial flashback, I couldn't help but see his younger self in his adult depiction, for some reason, I'm counting that as a plus.

That Twelve/Dhalsim chapter seemed a bit random, even with the SF1 and Maki nods, but that having made it in, I expect some good use of Necro in the next book - also curious to see how Effie's handled while at it.

I don't get Omar Dogan's insistance on drawing goth-loli-or-whatever versions of the girls... then again, I prefer glimpses into the civilian lives of the characters, it was part of the charm of Shinkiro's artwork under SNK.
    Loona said:

CFJ has character-specific victory lines, right? If so, I wonder what kind of things Bison and Urien say to each other...

Right; fairly terminal/ultimatum-type things.  You can check out Sano's CFE Bios & Quotes Translation faq for more.
    edited February 2013

Was about to the same vas so thanks! Second link in my sig.

Loved Mega Man #22 last week. Really happy that they are not doing that Mega Man / Roll romance thing that showed up in Mega Man Powered Up and the Megamix Manga. That always creeped me out. That's his sister! Even though in the Mega Man Legends series they aren't even related that still creeps me out. Tron is RIGHT THERE lol!

Two issues until the Mega Man / Sonic crossover! I only wish that both were in Project x Zone now that it's being localized. Ah well, have to make do with Mega Man X and Akira from Virtua Fighter heh.

• LoonaLoona Orochi ex Machina Joined: Posts: 14Registered
    Sano said:

Loved Mega Man #22 last week. Really happy that they are not doing that Mega Man / Roll romance thing that showed up in Mega Man Powered Up and the Megamix Manga. That always creeped me out. That's his sister! Even though in the Mega Man Legends series they aren't even related that still creeps me out. Tron is RIGHT THERE lol!

Two issues until the Mega Man / Sonic crossover! I only wish that both were in Project x Zone now that it's being localized. Ah well, have to make do with Mega Man X and Akira from Virtua Fighter heh.

What Mega Man era is that? Practically every MM comic I've ever noticed covered the classic era, and my understanding of the series cntinuity, where applicable, is:
    classic Mega Man ------huge amount of time------> Mega Man X --------another probably even longer amount of time-------> Mega Man Legends

So if you're mentioning Tron, is that Legends era, or are time shennanigans at work?

I do wonder if Tron creeps all over X in PXZ, I have no idea if the 3 titular MM characters are meant to resemble each other in any way. Then again, in NxC, Tron sure looked at Hoover/Baby Head with a looooot of interest.

Vaguely related to Udon-ish stuff, today's Valkyrie strip at Shiftylook finally mentions Zouna. 
    That comic, more than most there, really gives off a vibe of the writer starting out assuming there was no actual plot or established characters in the games, and trying to shoehorn them at the last minute as he becomes aware of them, with some really awkward results, but it seems despite all the damage that was done, at least the team's finally catching up with the necessary research, between the recent appearance of black xandras, quarkmen and Zouna, though the canonical Kurino might be forever lost. 
    Maybe later on the protagonsit will get herself killed, curing her of the random japanese expressions and memes forever, and letting her ascend as the Maiden Knight or something so she'll get a grip on her in-game characterization. The Wonder Momo comic managed to snatch something resembling respect from the source material when all seemed going south early on, so maybe there's hope here. There's probably enough time for that until Project X Zone gets released, so it won't bee too weird to see the difference between that and the comic.

Ryan North may be famous for Dinosaur Comics, but that take on Galaga means he never heard about the UGSF series that game was declared a part of by Namco: http://ugsf-series.com/
    I wonder if there was any study on whether people would be more attracted by a famous-ish comics name or the games themselves in the Shiftylook project, and if there were, what the exact results were...
    I'm midly miffed, there's so much that could be worked with in there as far as referencing events and tech from previous games in the timeline and hinting at future ones...

I should learn to draw and experiment with what I wish they were doing :P
    edited February 2013

Yeah you mentioned most of the games in the Mega Man classic universe but you missed the Zero series and the ZX series. They take place in between X and Legends.

In the US every Mega Man comic and manga is based on the classic universe with the exception of the Battle Network manga. The current comic takes place during the classic series. Right now they finished MM 2 and are taking their time getting up to 3. There has been quite a few hints about things to come and Flynn has been really clever about showing a few characters early.

Not sure what path Project x Zone will take. Since MvC2 has no dialog I have no idea if she feels the same way about classic Mega Man. I imagine she loves who she loves though, just Volnutt. Well he's human (kind of like a 'new' type of human) and classic and X are not, so... Then again, that Green Lantern CGI cartoon has me all confused about fictional robot love. :P

Wow I haven't looked at Shifty Look in a long time. Partially because my home PC is crappy and while I'm at work and can use that PC, I forget. Last I saw they explained why their Amazonia was different from the one in the games; she's the daughter of the original or some such.

Would love to purchase print versions of Momo and Bravoman. Still not much for reading comics online because I'M OOOOOLD lol!

Post edited by Sano on
    edited February 2013

^ Sorry about the wall of text. Will fix later. SRK I miss using Tapatalk on my cell lol!

EDIT: Fixed. SRK upgrade headaches, difficulty posting with a phone.

Post edited by Sano on