White background, black text.... please no

Ajtucker22Ajtucker22 Blue Lantern of Earth.Joined: Posts: 796Registered
Please tell me there's a way to get the old black background white text back. Please inform me if I'm just being stupid and not seeing it, but this is really a problem to me.
Move fast and have hope.

Comments

• exploidexploid Norwegian Joined: Posts: 333Registered
    Really wanna know this as well. Cant find it.
    Hi!
  • AdelheidAdelheid Perfectly Balanced Joined: Posts: 1,277Registered, Premium
    This is the worst thing. Browsing this site hurts my eyes even with my computer set to minimum brightness.
    Corpsecrank: If you had a box around your character that would mean you could get hit when the sprites didn't touch one another. Fighting games use collision detection based on the sprites. There is no such thing as a "hit box" in this type of game.
  • VegamanVegaman Soak in your own blood! Joined: Posts: 3,068Registered
    the font size doesnt help either. Larger font would be better if you must insist on white background
    "Nothing cheaper than something free."
    "You must wait at least 28623 seconds before performing this action."
    Jun 16, 2011 -- 12:28PM, DarthEnderX wrote:
    Makoto is about to have the best day ever.
  • The-OlympianThe-Olympian 4 the Glory of Gaea Joined: Posts: 1,705Registered
    cant find sfxt forum.. lol.. will keep looking..
    What of the Hunting, Hunter Bold? Brother, the Watch was Long and Cold.
    What of the Quarry ye went to Kill? Brother, He Crops in the Jungle Still.
  • Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,270Registered
    Adelheid said:

This is the worst thing. Browsing this site hurts my eyes even with my computer set to minimum brightness.

mmmm. pretty much this.
    anything but blinding white.
    dark blue or black por favor.
  • ScottehScotteh Joined: Posts: 40Registered
    edited February 2013
    Not a fan of black backgrounds personally: http://www.ironicsans.com/owmyeyes/

Use f.lux if white sites hurt your eyes.
  • AdelheidAdelheid Perfectly Balanced Joined: Posts: 1,277Registered, Premium
    edited February 2013
    Scotteh said:

Not a fan of black backgrounds personally: http://www.ironicsans.com/owmyeyes/

Use f.lux if white sites hurt your eyes.

Man it is not even that it is just white, scotteh. It's the contrast, there's so much dark all around the sides, it's so bad on the eyes and around the bold names and X minutes ago signs, it is just terrible on the eyes.

And the science behind your link is totally wrong. Your eyes are at their happiest when you're not basically staring into a light bulb. We use black on white in real life because it's easy to bleach paper and ink has historically been easiest to get in black. On a computer, though, that same scheme is... Suboptimal.
    Corpsecrank: If you had a box around your character that would mean you could get hit when the sprites didn't touch one another. Fighting games use collision detection based on the sprites. There is no such thing as a "hit box" in this type of game.
  • Meteo2Meteo2 20% more ex-loldives Joined: Posts: 645Registered
    edited February 2013
    White Background, Black Text is a good option to have for printing though. However, I use a huge screen and can't stand blaring white, which is why I use Windows 7's magnifier application to invert the colors when using bright websites.

http://www.wikihow.com/Invert-Colors-on-Windows-7
  • NooneyouknowNooneyouknow Joined: Posts: 2,416Registered
    This is almost impossible to look at, I feel like my eyes are going to liquefy.
    XBL:Nooneyouknow13
  • HitzelHitzel jump jump jump jump jump Joined: Posts: 83Registered
    Having a dark theme is definitely standard for forums everywhere I go. I'd definitely appreciate this being added ASAP.
  • YinYin fun fun fun Joined: Posts: 3,396Registered
    Old Shoryuken: A nice dark blue scheme that I personally loved
    New Shoryuken: Tried to force white on us, but at least threw in an option for a dark scheme that worked mostly
    New New Shoryuken: White only, final destination
    slay this unaligned ant!
  • d3vd3v Grumpy Infraction Machine Joined: Posts: 18,541Registered, Moderators
    New Shoryuken needs a dark option.
    Pinoy2DFighters - The Philippines brings you 3 things: terrorists, trolls and ass beatings in MAHVELL.
    D3Vlicious.com - Fighting game and arcade stick news.
    Follow me on Twitter @D3Vlicious
    PSN: unityd3v (US), pinakaguwaping (HK)
  • CWheezyCWheezy Joined: Posts: 857Registered
    Jesus this is awful, I can't see anything
  • scytheavatarscytheavatar Joined: Posts: 2,199Registered
    edited February 2013
  • kitsunisankitsunisan I need alcohol Joined: Posts: 2,709Registered
    Kyle put up a new Vanilla Black theme, link is in scytheavatar's post. It's the only one that will work with the site.
    DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES. THANK YOU - The Community
  • NooneyouknowNooneyouknow Joined: Posts: 2,416Registered
    Better, but still terrible.
    XBL:Nooneyouknow13
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 2,865Registered
    Can't find any other option... so damn bright I might have passed it though and not realize.
    O Lord, help me to be pure, but not yet.
    - Saint Augustine