shubacca's thread

shubaccashubacca so many long timeJoined: Posts: 328Registered
What's good SRK? It's been a really long time.

Just a sketch and a WIP to start this guy off. Any comments, feedback is appreciated.

akumasketch.jpg

shU_viper.jpg

Comments

• X_SwordX_Sword -+FGs, Art, Manga, and Beats+- Joined: Posts: 1,620Registered
    C.Viper is a good example of what I'm practicing now. Well done
    **Fresh Music Select--Nas:'It Was Written...' full album stream
    --TurntheHeadphonesUp--
    Steam:Ne0Cloak
  • akuaku リアル邪王心眼 Joined: Posts: 3,666Registered
    I love the Akuma sketch. It reminds me so much of a 3rd Strike portrait. The Viper is great too, it feels kinda dynamic and Aeon Flux-ish(this is a compliment).

Excellent stuff!
  • psilynpsilyn tao~ Joined: Posts: 57Registered
    Yes! More! Love both.. The C. Viper pose especially.
  • shubaccashubacca so many long time Joined: Posts: 328Registered
    Thanks a bunch, you guys. I hope to finish the Viper soon.
  • CI581CI581 Joined: Posts: 3,241Registered
    nice work on both of them. Gouki looks like he's pondering on who's ass he's going to kick next! Can't wait to see the finished product.
    Added some color to Viper. Gonna work on a stronger background.

shU_viperCol.jpg
  • CHOWZCHOWZ Joined: Posts: 330Registered
    First of all, I just want to say that you're avatar is awesome. I've recently seen "All for the winner", and its a shame we haven't seen more of uncle tat in recent stephen chow movies (or any of his movies too for that matter).

Second, loving the artwork so far! I like the range you have from the raw ikeno-esque akuma sketch to the the nicely colored c. viper piece (which looks like something that could've been in the TRIBUTE book awhile back). Even with just those two, you can already see what potential you have. Keep up the good work.
    Do you draw directly on the CG program or do you scan in your line art?
    --TurntheHeadphonesUp--
    First of all, I just want to say that you're avatar is awesome. I've recently seen "All for the winner", and its a shame we haven't seen more of uncle tat in recent stephen chow movies (or any of his movies too for that matter).

Second, loving the artwork so far! I like the range you have from the raw ikeno-esque akuma sketch to the the nicely colored c. viper piece (which looks like something that could've been in the TRIBUTE book awhile back). Even with just those two, you can already see what potential you have. Keep up the good work.

Uncle Tat is my hero. I particularly liked his performance in "Fight Back to School". Thanks mayne!
    Do you draw directly on the CG program or do you scan in your line art?

It's all Photoshop, from start to finish. I've been spoiled rotten by this digital age...
  • akuaku リアル邪王心眼 Joined: Posts: 3,666Registered
    To be honest, I'm really impressed by artists that use only Photoshop(which is why Kinu Nishimura is my favorite Capcom artist these days). I'm honestly bad when it comes to Photoshop because there are certain restrictions, like not being able to tilt the canvas(which is why SAI and Comic Studio are my best friends). This hinders my linework a lot, but yours is very clean.

I also love how the Viper turned out. The lighting that's reflecting back onto her is perfect.
  • psilynpsilyn tao~ Joined: Posts: 57Registered
    This looks amazing. I am also amazed that you can draw entirely in photoshop.. I need a pencil sketch AT LEAST before I can do anything substantial digitally..
  • DiavleDiavle Joined: Posts: 202Registered
    Pretty damn good.

For some reason I prefer the Viper in the first posting with the flat colors over the finished one. It looks more distinct and very FLCL like.
  • Bradimus MaximusBradimus Maximus Joined: Posts: 6Registered
    Nice work!!!! Loving the Gouki sketch.
  • rookrook amused observer Joined: Posts: 1,564Registered, Moderators
    can't believe I didn't reply to this thread!
    I'm loving what you've done with C.Viper, and the Akuma pic is boss.
    square peg. round hole. large hammer.
    http://rook-over-here.deviantart.com
  • CI581CI581 Joined: Posts: 3,241Registered
    I like the subtle changes on Viper.
    To be honest, I'm really impressed by artists that use only Photoshop(which is why Kinu Nishimura is my favorite Capcom artist these days). I'm honestly bad when it comes to Photoshop because there are certain restrictions, like not being able to tilt the canvas(which is why SAI and Comic Studio are my best friends). This hinders my linework a lot, but yours is very clean.

I'm a little spoiled as I usually work on a Cintiq and can rotate that dude around at will. Kinu is just...a monster.
    Pretty damn good.

For some reason I prefer the Viper in the first posting with the flat colors over the finished one. It looks more distinct and very FLCL like.
    I feel you there. I wish now that I had done a more stylized color pass on it.

Thanks everyone!
  • Samurai DrewSamurai Drew Joined: Posts: 1,263Registered
    Did you do your viper lineart freehand?
    www.youtube.com/sudafreekan - Hakan Technician #1
    Been a while! Some new stuff.

shU_AkumaDemonForum.jpg
    ...wow.
    --TurntheHeadphonesUp--
    fantastic!
    Thanks guys. Been doing portrait studies lately. Trying to apply some stuff I picked up on this guy.

ryu_zps2b981d8c.jpg
    sweet. not very asian looking, but love the rendering you've got going on :)
  • fallenlordzfallenlordz Music is to Loud Joined: Posts: 63Registered
    oh - really nice