A2-3 Music, Stages and Characters

2»

Comments

• kedawakedawa . Joined: Posts: 231Registered
    I prefer the CPS1 audio in the SF2 games as well, and I'm not just talking about BGM. The sound effects are also much heavier sounding. The same thing happened to KoF; 94 sounds boss, while later games sound light and insubstantial.

The only thing I really dislike about A3 is the terrible art for the character portraits and victory illustrations.
    Other than that, I really like the presentation.
    A2 is like a nostalgic love letter to SF2 and Final Fight, and just refines existing tunes.
    I have a hard time choosing one style over the other, but A3 is where the Alpha series really got its own identity.
  • jedpossumjedpossum What you say? Joined: Posts: 2,667Registered
    8LKve.png
    Looks like they either had planned for another stage or didn't know where to place lighting storm stage.
    If you mention Jojo's expect a long talk.
    Computer memory doesn't lie the heads up display can.
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 377Registered
    something is arong with you guys. You got your heads stuck up nostalgias butt and Alpha 3 has great music. Just because its not the same songs they have been using ( minus Sagat's theme bc they know better than to change perfection) for years and years you wanna hate on it. I like the fact they did something different with the CPS2 soundchip and went the techno route. Its more hard edged. The backgrounds are sweet too. You guys are just being too biased and comparing it.

Alpha 2 wasn't even that great to me. Alpha 3 improves on so many levels and has everyone on it. Alpha 2 has like 16 characters at most and the system isnt refined yet. I actually had more fun with Alpha 1 then 2.

Nothing beats ST music??? Hahahah dont make me laugh. Soon as they turned sf2 over to the cps2 board the awesome FM music of sf2 turned crappy and high pitched. The music sounds wayyy worse. Esp Kens song and Blanka. They changed the music too much and it sounded thin. The original cps1 street fighter 2's had the better music. In my opinion.

I really don't think it has anything to do with nostalgia. And something must be wrong with you if you personally had more fun with the first Alpha game over the 2nd when it really wasn't as fine tuned as it could have been. I like Alpha 3 and the backgrounds are comparatively just as good but you sound mad confused and just disagreeing to be a hipster.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
  • jsun2kjsun2k Do not enrage the King! Joined: Posts: 86Registered
    I disagree because it is MY PERSONAL OPINION. I personally spent more time with Alpha 1 than 2. I enjoyed Alpha 1 more and i hated what they did to rose on alpha 2. My opinion on the music still and always will stand.
    8LKve.png
    Looks like they either had planned for another stage or didn't know where to place lighting storm stage.

That stage is from the sf2 anime movie. That part of the movie takes place around that time sort of. Its where Sagat got his scar, which is why its their rival stage
  • Will_DieselWill_Diesel Noble Savage of the inner city's darkest quarters. Joined: Posts: 377Registered
    Don't know or care much about Rose but you didn't elaborate so I'm guessing her being ruined is your opinion and nothing factual.

Of course everything you stated was opinion but stating that nostalgia must be the haze people who enjoyed the earlier Alpha game's soundtracks is silly. It's not like the games are a decade apart, the music sounds better because largely it sounds like the themes were fittingand it sounds like some actual effort was made.
    Liberalism is a mental disease.
    That stage is from the sf2 anime movie. That part of the movie takes place around that time sort of. Its where Sagat got his scar, which is why its their rival stage

No, the storm stage is in the game as Australia(Shin Akuma stage), but there is a graphic for New Zealand is not used at all in sfa2.
    Alrighty
  • LemresLemres Joined: Posts: 503Registered
    Really don't know why all the love for Alpha 2. Tried it and disliked it instantly. Didn't like the atmosphere or gameplay. It felt stiff to me. The music was subpar with only a few tracks that I can actually enjoy. The only thing I like about it was the backgrounds. You guys really are sleeping on A3. Even though there are some songs I hate in A3, the music is much better to me overall with a lot more tracks that I could listen to than A3. Chun-li, Karin, Gen, Ryu, and Cody come to mind. The story was top-notch as well, giving insight on the characters background and objective. Gameplay felt a lot more fluid to me as well. Everything I didn't like about A2, I loved in A3. Plus, it has my favorite SF character haha.
    Karin Kanzuki!
    SSF4-Ibuki, Rose(sorta)
    SFA3-Karin
    SFxT-Karin+Nina,Lili, whoever else interests me.
    Some people don't like straight up electronic instruments, 303 drums, words everywhere, the announcer, and so on.

Also, Street Fighter EX (arcade) had half the memory of sfa3 and still did way better music. Before you even start talking about that it is a different board let tell you the sound cpu. Both CPZN and CPS2 boards use a 4 MHz Z80 CPU with a Q-Sound sound chip so the only difference is how well your team can program and compose.

Again, these games used half the size that sfa3 took up.
  • kedawakedawa . Joined: Posts: 231Registered
    Technical details aside, it's still a bunch of forgettable muzak.