AE 2012 Setups (Uncrouchables)

12346»

Comments

• DIO-KDIO-K Joined: Posts: 24Registered
    Any Dive > Empty Neutral Jump Foward > Guard Position > LK. Dive [Catch All]

PS. Timing must be perfect.
  • yakult99yakult99 shaaaaa Joined: Posts: 209Registered
    i would like to put this out there:

For the Catch all dives (crouch/jump/b.dash), the timing is crucial, a few frame delay or early can matter.
    BUT what alot of hakan players dont know, is that the timing of the b.dash matters too.
    So even if you've practiced and do the correct setups for these dives, there might be times the opponent still able to b.dash out due to these factors.

I've actually re-tested some of the catch all dive setups over the last couple month and discovered that most of them can be late b.dashed out.
    i dont know if its a ps3 issue as its where i tested on - but if the timing of b.dash is at the last second, its still b.dash-able.
    omg its so wet.
  • ZentraediAce92ZentraediAce92 Joined: Posts: 43Registered
    Not sure if these are listed. :l
    Do people bother with air resets or AA resets into uncrouchable dive?

My favorite one is-
    DRY- air-to-air j. mp, F+HK (reset), lk dive

Also it's the only one I can think of to call an actual "setup" since these are normally reactionary air to air resets or antiairs where the timing is a little different each time, but they're fairly easy to eyeball thanks to the 2012 dive buffs. Also, aside from focus attack confirms, I don't think Hakan has any other opportunity to air reset an opponent either. :/
  • SuperTurkErcanSuperTurkErcan ICxI STErcan Joined: Posts: 73Registered
    Not sure if these are listed. :l
    Do people bother with air resets or AA resets into uncrouchable dive?

My favorite one is-
    DRY- air-to-air j. mp, F+HK (reset), lk dive

Also it's the only one I can think of to call an actual "setup" since these are normally reactionary air to air resets or antiairs where the timing is a little different each time, but they're fairly easy to eyeball thanks to the 2012 dive buffs. Also, aside from focus attack confirms, I don't think Hakan has any other opportunity to air reset an opponent either. :/

I think LK oil dive is best, but you can SPD or EXSPD. People normally try to jump away, because Hakan can't land on otherside, and because he's a grappler, your oppent jumps away or backdashes. When they have meter, they can always DP it.

I use this setup in the corner or when slide is to late.
  • akiramikeakiramike Joined: Posts: 257Registered
    For corner ex rocket, it says

Hp/ex.rockets
    [ (corner) ex.rocket > n.j > mk.dive ] -pritz

But I can only get mk dive to work.
    hamsapsukebe.blogspot.com - Ramblings of a jobless bum.
  • PritzPritz Seriously?! Joined: Posts: 96Registered

Hp/ex.rockets

That should say lk dive. That is what I always use anyway.
    Andy Flood
    Xbox Live & PS3 - andydiluvian
    PC - x OilBaron x
    Not sure if this was found yet-

[Corner] oil'd

LP Rocket, fwd. dash, (hold back) lk x 2, MK Dive

If you do two deliberate lks, allowing them to finish and don't mash them out, then do the mk dive, it works as an SS against lp/ hp Ryu srks, EX spinning bird kicks, etc.
  • Samurai DrewSamurai Drew Joined: Posts: 1,263Registered

Hp/ex.rockets

Yeah thats a weird one, I'm sure in the left corner you can only use MK dive, and only LK dive in the right corner.
    www.youtube.com/sudafreekan - Hakan Technician #1
  • akiramikeakiramike Joined: Posts: 257Registered
    Yeah thats a weird one, I'm sure in the left corner you can only use MK dive, and only LK dive in the right corner.

Oops I meant I can only get lk dive to work. Will try mk dive at the left corner.
    hamsapsukebe.blogspot.com - Ramblings of a jobless bum.
  • RuhitRuhit Joined: Posts: 180Registered
    UGH i thought I found a cool setup for uncrouchable Super, after oil if you do

F.hk knockdown then right after, crouch HP, then LK super, it catches backdash, jump, AND crouch, and i thought I had an uncrouchable super setup, but then for some odd reason it would whiff against waking up holding down-back, but not against down. Which was so weird.. i thought I had it lol, then i found a few more setups where it would catch waking up with down but not downback, anyone know of any possible reasons why?. I'm gonna see if I can come up with something.

I feel like against certain meterless characters like meterless Juri, Honda, Cody maybe (doubtful he's charging bingo on wakeup), or whoever else i cant think of, it would be an inescapable setup.
  • PritzPritz Seriously?! Joined: Posts: 96Registered
    The problem with uncrouchable super is that the flash gives people a lot of time to react and do a crouch normal to avoid it.
    Andy Flood
    Xbox Live & PS3 - andydiluvian
    PC - x OilBaron x
    I thought there were no uncrouchable super setups because it doesn't put the opponent in blockstun...

Good dry SS Dive setup-
    SlidexxPress, backdash, f.lk, lk dive

Found yet?

edit: works as a true SS against Ryu, only against light DPs for the rest of the shotos. :(