Playing too much is bad for skill?

BookBurningBookBurning BooksJoined: Posts: 12Registered
Earlier today I was on a roll and was quite proud of myself for only playing this game for 10 days now and getting to 2300 PP with Dudley; completing every combo and making good situational decisions while having good footsies.

I continued to play for a long time now and slowly I started playing worse, my eyes even feel glazed over and I feel pissed off. I don't even care about the points but what I do care about is seemingly going into "robot mode" and playing like a piece of mechanical crap. Literally I sat here losing to scrubs, shitty players and etc and just now I got so irritated that I just quit. Has this happened to anyone else and is it normal?

Comments

• IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 1,749Registered
    It's normal, sounds like you're just getting tired and losing concentration, maybe not noticibly physically but mentaly, just take a break and do something else for a while.
    Atlus are the harbringer of PS3 region locking, boycott P4 Arena.
    Or at least just cop a second hand copy if you really must. (Hell would rather people do it half assed than not at all.)
  • TKD HwoarangTKD Hwoarang I. AM. GODLIKE!!!! Joined: Posts: 138Registered
    It's normal, sounds like you're just getting tired and losing concentration, maybe not noticibly physically but mentaly, just take a break and do something else for a while.
    Happens to me too, take occasional breaks. Do some stuff on SRK, read articles, watch Youtube vids, etc.
    SSF4:AE: Akuma, Dee Jay
    SFxT: Ken/Akuma
    UMVC3: Nova,X-23,Akuma
    SF3:3SOE: Ken, Akuma
  • tommysdeadtommysdead Joined: Posts: 6Registered
    Happens to the best of us. That happens to me sometimes and I'll just find myself mashing out focus or something. I completely lose my concentration and my drive to play the game well. Just need a little beak.