How do you actually select Dan in SFA1?

KCJ506KCJ506 Joined: Posts: 45Registered
Go to random box and hold START enter LP, LK, MK, HK, HP, MP

The problem here is: As soon as you press the first button (LP) it automatically selects a character the moment you press. So how do you actually even press all those buttons in sequence without it activating a selection?

Comments

• jedpossumjedpossum What you say? Joined: Posts: 2,667Registered
    Gotta love easy mode ken more then guy.
    If you mention Jojo's expect a long talk.
    Computer memory doesn't lie the heads up display can.
  • KCJ506KCJ506 Joined: Posts: 45Registered
    Come on people. Seriously. So what if it was from the 90s? People aren't allowed to play old games from nostalgic purposes?
  • LazyjoshLazyjosh Joined: Posts: 120Registered
    this is the wrong place to post this
    Life, it's not for everyone
  • KhentimentiuKhentimentiu Scrub-tacular Joined: Posts: 342Registered
    NO, you will play SSF4 and you will like it!
  • jedpossumjedpossum What you say? Joined: Posts: 2,667Registered
    Come on people. Seriously. So what if it was from the 90s? People aren't allowed to play old games from nostalgic purposes?
    Alright, I'll be nice for once. You don't press and hold start on the character select screen. When you start the game you continue holding start then go to random select and do the code.
    If you mention Jojo's expect a long talk.
    Computer memory doesn't lie the heads up display can.
  • KCJ506KCJ506 Joined: Posts: 45Registered
    this is the wrong place to post this

Then where then? It's a forum for discussing various fighting games. There is a SF4 forum, but that seems to be dedicated to just that game and its updates.
  • LazyjoshLazyjosh Joined: Posts: 120Registered
    this thread is just kind of pointless, sfa was a bad game for a few reasons, guy and ken were the best in the game. Hardly any characters to pick from, music sucks. No one really liked sfa since you could play better fighting games. SFA2 and SFA3 was a lot better and had a lot longer life
    Life, it's not for everyone
  • CrashdCrashd Joined: Posts: 270Registered
    You'll notice that the more straightforward and easily-answerable a question is, the less likely it is that anyone will actually answer it instead of just snarking endlessly.
    Crap, now I'm doing it. :(
  • bkfst_sausagebkfst_sausage ST / SRK2k3 OG Joined: Posts: 2,802Registered
    Then where then? It's a forum for discussing various fighting games. There is a SF4 forum, but that seems to be dedicated to just that game and its updates.
    You were answered... But obviously too blind to see that, now aren't you?
    What version are you on? because the console and the arcade differed slightly.
    PSN: M1X4H < click it!
  • d3vd3v Grumpy Infraction Machine Joined: Posts: 18,541Registered, Moderators
    You could have just, you know.... SCROLLED DOWN!
    hPk5g.jpg
    Pinoy2DFighters - The Philippines brings you 3 things: terrorists, trolls and ass beatings in MAHVELL.
    D3Vlicious.com - Fighting game and arcade stick news.
    Follow me on Twitter @D3Vlicious
    PSN: unityd3v (US), pinakaguwaping (HK)
  • kedawakedawa . Joined: Posts: 231Registered
    Alright, I'll be nice for once. You don't press and hold start on the character select screen. When you start the game you continue holding start then go to random select and do the code.
    Still doesn't work. As soon as you press LP it picks a random character.
  • danomightydanomighty WTFSRK Joined: Posts: 1,086Registered
    alpha 1 is best alpha! ;D
    I was hung over from both drinking and smoking yesterday so to clam down the smoking and hangover I smoked some more...
    HOLD DAT!
    Marn talking to Mike Ross @ FR14
  • d3vd3v Grumpy Infraction Machine Joined: Posts: 18,541Registered, Moderators
    Still doesn't work. As soon as you press LP it picks a random character.
    Nope, you must be doing something wrong somewhere along the line. I've tested this myself and can confirm that it works.
    Pinoy2DFighters - The Philippines brings you 3 things: terrorists, trolls and ass beatings in MAHVELL.
    D3Vlicious.com - Fighting game and arcade stick news.
    Follow me on Twitter @D3Vlicious
    PSN: unityd3v (US), pinakaguwaping (HK)
  • kedawakedawa . Joined: Posts: 231Registered
    Ah you're right. I wasn't doing it fast enough. Now I've got it down.

LOL. I just tried it out on the CPS changer version of Street Fighter Zero, and Dan makes that 'r-r-raa' sound when he does Dankyaku. It sounds goofy as hell.
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 1,908Registered
    akuma is the best . And ken is better then guy. How many people actually know anything about this game?
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Needs more Crisco. Joined: Posts: 3,192Registered
    akuma is the best . And ken is better then guy. How many people actually know anything about this game?
    Alpha 1 is probably the least in depth known game with the Street Fighter brand. I know more about Pocket Fighter lmao.
    Learn Street Fighter Alpha 2! http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162792
    This plays when Chuck Norris uses the bathroom
  • tev ejtev ej Joined: Posts: 2Registered
    this thread is virtuous category of worthless, sfa was a bad spirited for a few reasons, guy and ken were the superfine in the gritty. Scarce any characters to take from, penalty sucks. No one really likeable sfa since you could humor outperform conflict games. SFA2 and SFA3 was a lot better and had a lot human lifeYou'll asking that the more straightforward and easily-answerable a meditate is, the inferior apt it is that anyone leave actually work it instead of fair snarking endlessly.

Computer Parts Store
    Computer Accessories Store
  • MacarrattiMacarratti Nemesis support force Joined: Posts: 1,421Registered
    Yeah, guy and Ken WERE superfine in the gritty

All the other characters were fine at best, and half as in the gritty
    Colonel and Co-founder of the M.O.D.O.K. AVENGERS.
    "people fear what they dont understand, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to SENTINEL STOMPIN ON YOUR DOME "~ NickGuy0320