The Arkansas Thread! Find us on Facebook!

1768769770771772774»

Comments

• ryosuke_24ryosuke_24 Joined: Posts: 10Registered
    I know....SRK...SMH -_-.....lol but its okay I found a lot of people from the Facebook page ARFG! :) I'm so thrilled to go up to little rock and play with some of the people up there! I heard they are really good! I'm ready to lvl up and learn some stuff!
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX TO of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 6,955Registered
    Yeah there are definitely a lot more players than that, but they probably turned notifications from the group off. I'll hit you up with some contacts later. Also, I heavily encourage you to take that enthusiasm and start your own meetups/tournies and whatnot. We could always use more community leaders.
    Thats what I plan to do Mr. Evo! I'm trying to be a bigger leader in Fort Smith since nobody really does it here! :) Thanks so much and I couldn't do it without the help of you guys :) so Thank you very much!!!! :)
    Lol why do you keep calling me Evo?
    Cause I kept seeing Evo 2012 on your thingy lol XD! Sorry XD...! So whats been good? how were the fights up there?
    Haha that just means I went to Evo this year. Meetup was alright. I was supposed to play a guy, but he wasn't able to make it unfortunately.
  • GBS GiovanniGBS Giovanni Winter's Coming Joined: Posts: 2,958Registered
    Shout outs to GG last night. Mike, pick the game up my Asian nigga.
    "One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." - Niccolò Machiavelli
    GiovanniSama | Twitter GetBodiedSonGaming
  • ViridianViridian Joined: Posts: 73Registered
    Is Mike still playing Potemkin? And sorry, other things came up last night so we couldn't make it :s
    XBL: ViridianBlues
    GG: Venom, SF4: Guile, SG: Microsoft
  • BloodWolFBloodWolF Swords...just swords Joined: Posts: 689Registered
    Yeah. He is still playing Potemkin. GGs everyone. We had some good matches imo and I agree with AJ. Mike should pick up the game if he has the time away from school.
  • HisNameIsLHisNameIsL Your best friend Joined: Posts: 502Registered
    Is there anyone in here that lives in the Texarkana area? I'm in from Austin to visit some family for the holidays and I'd like to get some games in with the locals. I'm a Marvel player, but I'm also down to play CvS2, Persona, and AE.
    Mahvel: Zero/Dante/Akuma
    Persona: Akihiko, Narukami
    AE: Fei Long, Evil Ryu
    CVS2: C-Akuma, Ken, Sagat
    ST: Ryu
    Anyone Doing some Gaming in Fort Smith Tomorrow? I'm down to get up on some UMVC3 :) Thanks!!!
    Is there anyone in here that lives in the Texarkana area? I'm in from Austin to visit some family for the holidays and I'd like to get some games in with the locals. I'm a Marvel player, but I'm also down to play CvS2, Persona, and AE.
    Wish I would've seen this. Still need contact info? We have a small Texarkana scene.
    Oh yeah. I guess I'm hosting a Marvel meetup at my place at 5PM today. Whoever comes I'll be running long sets with them.
  • DisturbinglyZenDisturbinglyZen Agent of ESports Joined: Posts: 803Registered
    Oh yeah. I guess I'm hosting a Marvel meetup at my place at 5PM today. Whoever comes I'll be running long Captain America mirrors with them.

#fixed
    #kappa
    #firsttrollof2013
    DisturbinglyZen - Questionable Ethics Since 1981
    Official ARFGN Mystery Game Troll
  • The Big BossThe Big Boss Joined: Posts: 942Registered
    Hey when is the next tourney around the Arkansas/Oklahoma/Missouri area?
    PSN: Yung_Ice31
    AE: Bipson
    SFxT: Bison/Sagat, Law/Lei, Guile.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    Arkansas has no planned tournaments in the near or distant future. Oklahoma has a lot of tournies planned. I'll see if I can copy and paste a list in here. The Saint Louis and Kansas City areas of Missouri often have tournies.

OKgamers is hosting the following events. I just copied and pasted it, so I don't have a lot of info, but you can request more from OKGamers.com.
    "OKg's plans currently:
    1/12/13 - State of Gaming in Oklahoma - Tulsa
    2/16/13 - State if Gaming - OKC
    www.okgamers.com/stateofgaming
    Not FGC exclusive, but beneficial to them to be there for the conversation...
    1/26/13 - Sapulpa's Techcon 2013 - as stated
    3/23 - BEING REVIEWED - as OKg anni in OKC; FGC and FPS for sure.
    5/4 or 5/11 - Charity FIFA Event with Tulsa's largest Soccer League (http://www.tschurricane.com/ ) - as it stands; no FGC involvement.
    8/2-4/13 - Tokyo in Tulsa - barring none, OK's LARGEST gaming event.
    10/19-20/13 - Green Country Comics and Gaming - gamers wanted a 2 day tournament series out of us - this is it."
    Arkansas has no planned tournaments in the near or distant future. Oklahoma has a lot of tournies planned. I'll see if I can copy and paste a list in here. The Saint Louis and Kansas City areas of Missouri often have tournies.

OKgamers is hosting the following events. I just copied and pasted it, so I don't have a lot of info, but you can request more from OKGamers.com.
    "OKg's plans currently:
    1/12/13 - State of Gaming in Oklahoma - Tulsa
    2/16/13 - State if Gaming - OKC
    www.okgamers.com/stateofgaming
    Not FGC exclusive, but beneficial to them to be there for the conversation...
    1/26/13 - Sapulpa's Techcon 2013 - as stated
    3/23 - BEING REVIEWED - as OKg anni in OKC; FGC and FPS for sure.
    5/4 or 5/11 - Charity FIFA Event with Tulsa's largest Soccer League (http://www.tschurricane.com/ ) - as it stands; no FGC involvement.
    8/2-4/13 - Tokyo in Tulsa - barring none, OK's LARGEST gaming event.
    10/19-20/13 - Green Country Comics and Gaming - gamers wanted a 2 day tournament series out of us - this is it."

Ok thank you. I'm just trying to get around more but man it's hard out here. Had a meetup today that was really cool but besides that is dead. I'm just trying to get on the scene more.
    Where do you live?
    NWA
    There are a lot of guys who live up there. Do you go to their meetups?
    There are a lot of guys who live up there. Do you go to their meetups?

Yeah I just started
  • jcaojcao Joined: Posts: 18Registered
    Max we talked about this earlier this week. If you're still interested... I'll try and find you housing. Just let me know.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/175817/feb-23rd-sf4ae-umvc3-cactus-jacks-oklahoma-city-ok
  • Project PhengxayProject Phengxay Joined: Posts: 3Registered
    Woah we have a thread?! lol >_<
    It was super active for a while. Then it died.
    SmokeMaxX said:
    It was super active for a while. Then it died.
    Maxx I just wanted to say Thanks for helping me find the scene in ARK. Now I have a money match with the states best player! ;-)
    No prob bro. We'll see how it goes haha.
  • Project PhengxayProject Phengxay Joined: Posts: 3Registered
    Hmm I see..
  • solidxpandasolidxpanda Panda Express Baby! Joined: Posts: 2,980Registered
    FYI to all you SRK forum lurkers... We are having a NWA/Central Arkansas meetup tomorrow (Saturday 2/22/2013) all day. People are showing up around 11AM and playing all day.
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
    Check out my stream page for tournaments, events and online lobbies