The Arkansas Thread! Find us on Facebook!

Comments

• ViridianViridian Joined: Posts: 73Registered
    That sounds fun! Do you know if it'd be possible to record the matches on at least the higher level station?
    XBL: ViridianBlues
    GG: Venom, SF4: Guile, SG: Microsoft
  • GBS GiovanniGBS Giovanni Winter's Coming Joined: Posts: 2,958Registered
    That sounds fun! Do you know if it'd be possible to record the matches on at least the higher level station?

Yes.
    "One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." - Niccolò Machiavelli
    GiovanniSama | Twitter GetBodiedSonGaming
  • BloodWolFBloodWolF Swords...just swords Joined: Posts: 689Registered
    How can we win without showing up every week when we have to play a minimum of 3 matches a week?
    How can we win without showing up every week when we have to play a minimum of 3 matches a week?

3 min for those who are there
    "One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." - Niccolò Machiavelli
  • KurumsterKurumster wtb tkcs Joined: Posts: 768Registered
    Let me enter from XBL
    [02:13] <@ranmasama>; yeah I got bigger tits than her
    Let me enter from XBL

Teach me Millia and I'll consider it.
  • AfroMHAfroMH TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN! Joined: Posts: 291Registered
    Updated Marvel Ranbat standings as of last Wednesday. Only two more weeks in the season! Winner gets their choice of 3 months of XBL or a $10 Waffle House gift card!

1. ARK XI- 18 points
    T2. AfroMH- 12 points
    T2. GBS Giovanni- 12 points
    4. Supwichu-10 points
    T5. Lan Di-8 points
    T5. Misfit- 8 points
    T7. Bloodwolf- 4 points
    T7. Panda- 4 points
    T7. Triggerhappy- 4 points

Follow me on Twitter: @Afro_MH
  • Andrew_PrimeAndrew_Prime Anyone want to play some GG? Joined: Posts: 64Registered
    Teach me Millia and I'll consider it.

Knock your opponent down. If they get up, you're doing it wrong.
    Post from the grave: how large is the player base for P4A on the 360? I'm looking for a recent game that's not trash online (until the GG patch next... spring) and that seems to be the safest bet. Kind of curious to try out Yukiko since she seems to be a little Arakune-like from what I've seen so far. Thanks :)
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX TO of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 6,955Registered
    Post from the grave: how large is the player base for P4A on the 360? I'm looking for a recent game that's not trash online (until the GG patch next... spring) and that seems to be the safest bet. Kind of curious to try out Yukiko since she seems to be a little Arakune-like from what I've seen so far. Thanks :)
    You play Arakune?

Decent at best. You won't get many random rank matches but stay in touch with our DL XBL thread

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14654-P4A-XBL-Match-Finder-GG-Thread

Where we create lobby with some of our strongest players. If I'm not at work or out I'm also available to play. I'm sure Taylor as well.
    Also, Teddy/Kuma is closer to Arakune. Yukiko is more like Lambda/Nu in regards to zoning
  • Animefreak6969Animefreak6969 Doesn't Understand Joined: Posts: 1,595Registered
    Also just play Blazblue. There's no better character like Arakune than Arakune himself. It's also the better game.

What Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    PSN = iw2ma
    Also, Teddy/Kuma is closer to Arakune. Yukiko is more like Lambda/Nu in regards to zoning

Interesting, Teddy wasn't on my radar at all. Nothing wrong with Nu either, mind :)

Max, I haven't played much Blazblue since I had to sell Extend after moving to the US (region-lock is fun), but I was just dabbling with Arakune, Carl and Mu after getting tired of basic Jin stuff. I'm waiting for CP to touch Blazblue again now though... and for the GG patch meanwhile.
    Teddy is a really strong character and hard to guard against at times. When played right, Yukiko is also pretty strong. Only character not tournament viable in that game is Liz. :(
    Interesting, Teddy wasn't on my radar at all. Nothing wrong with Nu either, mind :)

Max, I haven't played much Blazblue since I had to sell Extend after moving to the US (region-lock is fun), but I was just dabbling with Arakune, Carl and Mu after getting tired of basic Jin stuff. I'm waiting for CP to touch Blazblue again now though... and for the GG patch meanwhile.
    Ah, gotcha. I saw Extend for pretty cheap recently. Like $10 or so new, but those were temporary deals.
  • Animefreak6969Animefreak6969 Doesn't Understand Joined: Posts: 1,595Registered
    Teddy is a really strong character and hard to guard against at times. When played right, Yukiko is also pretty strong. Only character not tournament viable in that game is Liz. :(
    Don't forget Akihiko, sad ol Akihiko
    PSN = iw2ma
  • afierymisfitafierymisfit I stole this avatar Joined: Posts: 1,755Registered
    Don't forget Akihiko, sad ol Akihiko

Akihiko worst character in the game all games.
    "Joe: Hey Taylor, you're getting better!"^_^
    "Dick Pizza is too easy." - Lan "Andrew" Di
    Akihiko worst character in the game all games.

Aki is like on the upper in of the tier list, has players who's won large Japanese tournaments, ex: Kubo, if you're struggling with Aki then it's user error. He's really good, not Mitsuru/Aegis good but good.
  • afierymisfitafierymisfit I stole this avatar Joined: Posts: 1,755Registered
    Aki is like on the upper in of the tier list, has players who's won large Japanese tournaments, ex: Kubo, if you're struggling with Aki then it's user error. He's really good, not Mitsuru/Aegis good but good.

So he's the worst at being the worst? Sounds good.

Meetup at my place in Little Rock this Saturday, guys. GG, Marvel, SF, P4, whatever you guys want to play.
    "Joe: Hey Taylor, you're getting better!"^_^
    "Dick Pizza is too easy." - Lan "Andrew" Di
    Don't get it.
    Meetup at my place in Little Rock this Saturday, guys. GG, Marvel, SF, P4, whatever you guys want to play.

Cool! Could you PM me your address please? Should be able to make it on Saturday... not sure about tomorrow's meetup though.
    Cool! Could you PM me your address please? Should be able to make it on Saturday... not sure about tomorrow's meetup though.
    He lives across the street from me
    Ya Akihiko is awful. He's at the awful end of the tier list.

Kubo is godlike, that's why he wins. Godlike at everything because he's godlike.
    PSN = iw2ma
    S: Aegis, Mitsuru
    A: Teddie/Kuma, Akihiko, Yu, Yosuke, Chie
    B: S.Labrys, Labrys, Yukiko, Kanji, Naoto, Elizabeth

If you're struggling with Akihiko, it's user error.
  • ryosuke_24ryosuke_24 Joined: Posts: 10Registered
    Hello I live in Fort Smith, Arkansas and i'm trying to find more players to hang and play with. :)
    You came to the right place! Well, more or less. Our scene has been a little dead lately for various reasons, but there are definitely a lot of players within the state. There are communities in Fort Smith, Fayetteville, and Rogers each of which are near you. If you don't mind the drive, I'd recommend going to the meetup on Saturday here in Little Rock. Most of the better players in the state will be there and it should be a ton of fun. Most important thing though join the Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/373796221942/ to keep up to date with local meetups and whatnot. From there, add me as a friend (MaxX) and I'll message you a list of people that you should talk to for your local meetups.

Our scene is fairly strong. We've hosted some of the bigger tournaments in the region that the likes of Justin Wong, Noel Brown, Marn, and Ricky Ortiz have attended. We also have a player that is at or near that level of play. I don't know how good you are now, but it's very likely if you play a lot with us you'll get a lot better. Oh and finally, welcome to the group!
    S: Aegis, Mitsuru
    A: Teddie/Kuma, Akihiko, Yu, Yosuke, Chie
    B: S.Labrys, Labrys, Yukiko, Kanji, Naoto, Elizabeth

If you're struggling with Akihiko, it's user error.
    What i'm reading here is Kubo is godlike but Akihiko is ayuss.

Sounds right to me.
    PSN = iw2ma
  • ryosuke_24ryosuke_24 Joined: Posts: 10Registered
    @EVO, I was reading about that! Players like that popping up is amazing! I'm an above average but won't really know until I play with my Fellow Brothers and sisters from Arkansas! LOL! i'm really looking forward to gaming with you all! You have been very nice and amazing! Thank you all! - As always, Support the Fighting Community <3
    @EVO, I was reading about that! Players like that popping up is amazing! I'm an above average but won't really know until I play with my Fellow Brothers and sisters from Arkansas! LOL! i'm really looking forward to gaming with you all! You have been very nice and amazing! Thank you all! - As always, Support the Fighting Community <3
    Lol I just saw that they moved your other thread to the Midwest regional subforum. You'll never find Arkansas players there.