The Arkansas Thread! Find us on Facebook!

Comments

• xi wengxi weng You Scrub!!!! Joined: Posts: 612Registered
    giddy up. new thread ... wheres the fancy new title?

to answer a few questions ...

-yes i am going to tulsa for jenks tournament.
    -im almost ready to book my plane tix for evo. gonna wait til my next credit statement clears and hope the tix price stays the same at 200$
    i may be going with local friends here so i don't know about sharing a room anymore and they aren't exactly the fighting game type, more like CoD MW2. we'll see how much sf i can get in while balancing my gambling / clubbing
    -max, yuo can post my GT / PSN in the main post since i already have that posted in my profile. you can also include it to have people contact me for info on get-togethers in NWA.

Cool, Do you know who else is going with you?
    Does anybody in the area have any experience installing Cthulhu / Imp / Chimp boards in sticks? I'm planning on getting one for my TE stick, but don't have the most amazing soldering skills.

I actually have experience with cthulhu/imp and chimp. I prefer to work with chimp then cthulhu/imp because i have bad arrangement skill.
  • xi wengxi weng You Scrub!!!! Joined: Posts: 612Registered
    I've been debating switching to a beefier character until I learn the console timing a bit better. I wanna keep a rush down playstyle mainly because I get bored otherwise, you think Rufus might be a good suggestion?

I think if you wanna keep viper, you should probably pick up character that counterpick your bad matchup such as Honda, Gouken, Bison, etc. Or you can pick up one those character and learn them since this is probably best way to know what to do in a bad matchup.
  • deezee989deezee989 EAT KNEES SON Joined: Posts: 258Registered
    Also, I think the Hillbilly Hype title is a cool idea.

WORD. Flaunt that shit man. Im putting it in my sig!
    HILLBILLY HYPE SON!!!
  • iTorresiTorres Supwichu Joined: Posts: 1,252Registered
    I'm dumping Cammy and Vega for Rufus.

EX Snake Strike > All :wgrin:

... well maybe not, but I have been thinking about learning Rufus for a while.
    "I feel used, abused, and I'm not amused."
    2) Southwest AR Weekend Get-Together
    WHERE: Texarkana, AR. PM deezee989 for detail directions.
    WHEN: Saturday's starting around 5pm. Ending whenever.
    DeeZee's Saturday Fight Night. Every Saturday the best players in the area get together to duke it out, train, and kick it. Come get down on Street Fighter IV (main game), Tekken 6, TVC, HD Remix, MVC2, 3rd strike, whatever u wanna play. With 4 possible stations set up at any given time, anybody is game for anything. Bring your sticks, pads, whatever you wanna use. Don't have a stick? Don't worry. DeeZee has 6 TE's, and 4 fight pads to use, so your set.
    This meet up takes place in Texarkana, AR, and usually begins around 5 pm. PM deezee989 for detailed directions to his crib. Everyone is invited.
    1st rule of Fight Night: Tell EVERYONE about Fight Night!

maxx... copy and paste this^ into the main post under #2)

also... put my info on my post. my tags are xbl: GNB DeeZee psn: deezee989

also #2... I wouldnt say im a notable player as in Ive won state wide tourneys, but Ive won many local tourneys, and I went to the final round of the gamestop thingy. (not the championships.. the one before that) maybe you can make another * for notable local player? Or, if u think those credentials are good enough for notable... whatever. Or, if u think im a SCRUB then dont put one. Doesnt matter to me lol.
    HILLBILLY HYPE SON!!!
  • sadesade Joined: Posts: 12Registered

EX Snake Strike > All :wgrin:

... well maybe not, but I have been thinking about learning Rufus for a while.

I've thought about picking up Rufus a few times too. Dive kick shenanigans own, huge damage off of everything, the second easiest FADC ultra in the game, and to top it all off, he has exactly one hard link - stand short stand fierce. Learn that link and how to do ex jesus FADC ultra and congratulations! You're a high level Rufus player.
  • ImperatorImperator Churning butter Joined: Posts: 156Registered

You're not allowed to dump Cammy until I can figure that shit out :sweat:
    ... he has exactly one hard link - stand short stand fierce. Learn that link and how to do ex jesus FADC ultra and congratulations! You're a high level Rufus player.

I think I have the EX Jesus > FADC > Ultra down, but the s.short > s.fierce is another story.
    You're not allowed to dump Cammy until I can figure that shit out :sweat:

(If/When) you figure it out, it's bad news for me. That's why I need backups.
  • Da Mango SentinelDa Mango Sentinel Joined: Posts: 134Registered
    So I found out that anything coming from my usb has a 16 ms response time default... It's pretty stable that way across anything I plug in.
  • WarpticonWarpticon Captain OG Readmore Joined: Posts: 7,498Registered
    So I found out that anything coming from my usb has a 16 ms response time default... It's pretty stable that way across anything I plug in.

yay automatic 1 frame lag!
    "I want to get served by a monkey so bad." - Humbag | So what am I? SRK's resident lion fucker? - Syke1
    "Thunder my fucking ass." - ckrazy | "I might fap, G." - Stuckey
  • DisturbinglyZenDisturbinglyZen Agent of ESports Joined: Posts: 803Registered
    I actually have experience with cthulhu/imp and chimp. I prefer to work with chimp then cthulhu/imp because i have bad arrangement skill.

Sweet. I'll have to get you to help me with that, eventually.
    deezee989 wrote:
    WORD. Flaunt that shit man. Im putting it in my sig!
    Oh, most definately.
    DisturbinglyZen - Questionable Ethics Since 1981
    Official ARFGN Mystery Game Troll
  • m0dularm0dular \m/ Joined: Posts: 608Registered
    Yo, this is Adrian(you know, the one trouncing mike in the latest tourney vids =T) I'm on psn on occasion and my occupation right now is "bum", so I should be able to make it to lots of these shindigs.

Now, this may be the wrong place to ask, but does anyone around here play Melee? Melee is a legitimately awesome fighting game too, you know.
  • solidxpandasolidxpanda Panda Express Baby! Joined: Posts: 2,980Registered
    Never played much Melee. Seems too kiddy.
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
    Check out my stream page for tournaments, events and online lobbies
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX TO of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 6,955Registered
    Good shit guys. I've updated the post with everything up to now and I have 90-95% of the videos uploaded. I will update accordingly.
    Blake C- Yeah I was thinking we could spread fliers around campus or whatever and then have this huge tournament on campus. I mean, what better way to get publicity then to hold a tourney in the middle of campus while people are walking around? It'll also be a monthly thing so people like dlimited or Mr.Sagat or deezee could come up and chill for a weekend. Also, to make it more real, we could have like $5 buy-in or whatever.

also #2... I wouldnt say im a notable player as in Ive won state wide tourneys, but Ive won many local tourneys, and I went to the final round of the gamestop thingy. (not the championships.. the one before that) maybe you can make another * for notable local player? Or, if u think those credentials are good enough for notable... whatever. Or, if u think im a SCRUB then dont put one. Doesnt matter to me lol.
    Problem with putting too many notable players up is that everyone has credentials that could go up there, so the term kinda loses meaning. But, I get your point. I'll put a notable local player (i.e. best in region) thing up there.
    Youtube channel is updated with ALL match videos available.
    Not recorded:
    Warpticon vs. Sean
    Warpticon vs. Mike
    Mike vs. Ish
    Incomplete (Faulty Recording):
    Mike (Ryu, Zangief) vs Panda (Balrog, Sagat) (Incomplete)
    Mike would sabotage the footage of me beating him...
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
    Youtube channel is updated with ALL match videos available.
    Not recorded:
    Warpticon vs. Sean
    Warpticon vs. Mike
    Mike vs. Ish
    Incomplete (Faulty Recording):
    Mike (Ryu, Zangief) vs Panda (Balrog, Sagat) (Incomplete)

I think this actually works in my favor. :wgrin:
    You might as well put me down on the list. I'm Warpticon. Everywhere.
    "I want to get served by a monkey so bad." - Humbag | So what am I? SRK's resident lion fucker? - Syke1
    What do you mean Chris? You're 5th on the Central Arkansas list. You mean you want to be put in all the regions? Or are you mean you want your info on the list (City, gamertags, etc.)?
    What do you mean Chris? You're 5th on the Central Arkansas list. You mean you want to be put in all the regions? Or are you mean you want your info on the list (City, gamertags, etc.)?

Well, let's see. Reread what I said, and figure out which of those makes sense. :lol:
    Damn, Max just got pwned!
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
    Somebody's never heard the one about catching more flies with honey than vinegar.
    Because I'm bored at work -
    1) What are we going to do about weekend meetups? We need to decide. Are we still doing Wednesdays? Where are we doing each location? Everyone's input is vital!

Like I stated in the other thread, alternating between Conway and Little Rock as well as Wednesdays and weekends would be nice. Maybe my bro will be able to make it to the weekend meetings.
    2) What other games should we have? Tournies?

I think just about everyone has a difference of opinion about what other games to play and some claim to not be good at any other game.
    3) What about social outreach? Should we have a facebook page? A twitter account?

I have neither a facebook nor a twitter account. But those who do have them can spread the word I guess.
    4) Should we host an on-campus Hendrix/UCA monthly tourney to gather interest?

Hendrix/UCA? Never been.
    Lol, to be honest Chris, I get what you mean now, but I already had you on the list haha. Perhaps you should've just said to put your info on the list :razzy:. Also, you have a Live account but no 360?
    I had a 360.
    I think just about everyone has a difference of opinion about what other games to play and some claim to not be good at any other game.

I think every once in a while we should have a SFIV-less meet just to keep things fresh and keep ourselves from burning out. Who knows, maybe some folks may find a new favorite game that way.

As I've said, I'm down to do some alternating Wednesdays or weekends.
    Like I stated in the other thread, alternating between Conway and Little Rock as well as Wednesdays and weekends would be nice. Maybe my bro will be able to make it to the weekend meetings.
    Yeah. What does everybody think about twice a week meet-ups, one at LR, and one at Conway?
    The plus is that we get twice as much gaming and more people that can't show up one day can show up the next.
    The minus is that this could split the community so that maybe only like 8 of us show up on Wed. and 8 show up on the weekend. Also, maybe somebody misses a Wed and just says "I'll just go on the weekend" but then misses the weekend too. One thing could lead to another and then they stop coming altogether. We can do twice a week meetups if everyone is willing to do it, but if we can't get enough people coming to both, we should probably just stick to once a week (at least as the main "meeting day."
    It's all good. It's all about having fun. They don't have to be money tournies, just something more "competitive" so that we can get better at other games. LR GameCon should have TvC, MvC2, Tekken, Blazblue, HDR, etc. I'm sure a lot of us wants to get good at those games so that we can compete in those tournies.
    I have neither a facebook nor a twitter account. But those who do have them can spread the word I guess.
    I think it'd be good outreach for those of us who check our facebook/twitters but don't care to go to Shoryuken every few days. How many of us know people that play SFIV (even with us) but don't get on SRK? This might be better for them. One problem is that it might be slightly time-consuming. If anybody wants to actually be in-charge of this, let me know. Doesn't have to be great or anything. Twitter can just be like "Tourney's done. Mike got double-perfected in the Finals by MaxX" or something.
    Hendrix/UCA? Never been.
    This is just to get a bigger room and to raise awareness within our campuses. There could be good SFIV players in Hendrix and UCA but they can't game with us because they don't know us. If we hold events on campus, we could get more people coming in (which leads to more competition). We could even spread this to UALR and other campuses.
    I think every once in a while we should have a SFIV-less meet just to keep things fresh and keep ourselves from burning out. Who knows, maybe some folks may find a new favorite game that way.

As I've said, I'm down to do some alternating Wednesdays or weekends.
    Sounds good. Any game that we have enough copies of that people would want to play? HDR? Blazblue? MvC2? TvC?
    Doesn't Lan Di write for the UCA paper? Maybe he could post a small article about our tournaments and meet ups, haha...
    PandaxGaming
    Follow me on Twitter
  • MexicanoMeltMexicanoMelt Meximelt for short Joined: Posts: 18Registered
    Hey yo this is Meximelt. I play wit DeeZee down in T Town. Please add me to the list of players in southwest ark under deezee. list my xbl and psn. tag for both is rexstrider

I play sf4, 3rd strike, hd remix, blazblue and TVC.

Ill be regular from now on.
    HILLBILLY HYPE! "You must defeat your own scrubness to stand a chance!"
    {SF4: Ryu/ BB: Jin, s-Taokaka/ DOA: Ein SM-Hayate S-Hitomi/Tekken: Lee Anything: If Ryu's in it, he will be mained. ;D}
    Thats my boy rockin that HILLBILLY HYPE SON!!!

Welcome to srk Felipe. MEXIMELT is a GANGSTA. He'll beat that ass REAL SWIFT.
    HILLBILLY HYPE SON!!!