"Wakeup, Shoryuken" Podcast w/ Keits and skisonic -=Download old shows here!=-

Comments

• sakabato24sakabato24 Dat アイドルマスター Playah Joined: Posts: 1,714Registered
    The Metsu SRK Podcast
    F*%$ it, I'm hacking SSFIV:AE to have Karin in the game. ~Saka

Kisaragi Chihaya my waifu.... Biznitches

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • PwnerGeist13PwnerGeist13 Joined: Posts: 16Registered
    Epic Motion Clutch
  • WilWil Semper Fi Joined: Posts: 2,189Registered
    Found this on the front page: http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/9545/srkpodcas.gif :sweat:

Anyways I'd prefer it be simple like "The SRK Podcast" or "The Shoryuken.com Podcast".

Here's some other suggestions (trying too hard on some lol):

This Week in SRK.
    The Weekly Fight Money Podcast
    This Week in Yomi :lol:
    The Weekly UmePodcast
    The Weekly Verbal Ultra (could be used as a segment for the show like a weekly pro tip or something)
    Real Talk: The Fighting Game Podcast with keits and skisonic
    First to Five (five segments/topics to talk about for thirty minutes?)
    The Saikyo Dojo Podcast
    Avatar by SRK's own, Master Chibi!
    UMvC3: Magneto/Taskmaster/Doom
    AE: Rose, Cammy, E. Honda, Zangief
  • Silent ShinobiSilent Shinobi Awkward Rush and Mission Savers Joined: Posts: 1,209Registered
    The Weekly Verbal Ultra, gotta love it cuz its OSSIM!
    GGAC+: Ky - Current Code: C/H/F-Arc/F-Aoko - UMvC3: Red Ribbon Army - Fire(Y)/Cap(A)/Task(A)
    Check for updates on Donjon Network at FGD! Props to cookie` da gawd for the av.
  • YinYin fun fun fun Joined: Posts: 3,396Registered
    Keits and Skisonics Down Right Fierce Podcast

Or SRK's Down Right Fierce Podcast

This one's pretty good too. I like it :china:
    slay this unaligned ant!
  • KooperKooper Need a dispenser here! Joined: Posts: 2,116Registered, Moderators, Premium
    Pretty awesome idea, I look forward to future content.

As for a name... How about just 'The Shoryuken.com Podcast"

It doesn't need anything special, I think having the SRK name in itself is the most important aspect, makes it very official sounding. (Look at all the video game related podcasts such as the screw attack podcast, the joystiq podcast...) I think if you didn't call it The SRK Podcast you'd be taking away from the importance it has in relation to the site.

So Skisonic, you let me know when you want to interview the second best Fuerte in the country. :cool: I'll be waiting for my phone call and jet.
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 11,760Registered, Moderators, Staff Online
    So Skisonic, you let me know when you want to interview the second best Fuerte in the country.

You mean Ski, Kai or Buktooth?
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
  • GNX84GNX84 no mercy, no honor Joined: Posts: 259Registered
    Shoryu-cast? OR Shoryu-kast?

or HADOU-KAST
    PSN: GNX_SRK
    GGPO: G_N_X
    -Proud member of the "NO HONOR CREW"
    -Friends don't let friends use macros-
  • SF3LPSF3LP Nica K.O Joined: Posts: 3,346Registered
    GDLK podcast

or simply Shoryuken podcast
    I'm Beginning what others are afraid to do...I'm going to show that i can finish what i started "Give respect and honor to them and it will be returned to you!!.....respect and honor!"
    http://www.youtube.com/Sf3lp
    My 3s tutorials: http://versuscolors.com/3stuts.html 
    My 3s stream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/3rdascensionleague
    My personal stream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/nica_ko
    Community: https://www.facebook.com/Thisis3rdStrike

Like, Follow, Subscribe!
  • OkameOkame Joined: Posts: 178Registered
    My vote on the name goes to either "The Shoryuken.com Podcast" or "Down-Right Fierce."

Also, if these are going to be a regular feature (and I hope they are), can we get an iTunes link so that I don't have to constantly check the front page for announcements.
    SF4, SFxT, CvS2
  • KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.com Joined: Posts: 8,720Registered, Moderators, Editors
    My vote on the name goes to either "The Shoryuken.com Podcast" or "Down-Right Fierce."

Also, if these are going to be a regular feature (and I hope they are), can we get an iTunes link so that I don't have to constantly check the front page for announcements.

We are working on getting this up on iTunes, but at the same time; we WANT you checking the front page for announcements, articles, and news.
    Visit OneTrueGame.com for information on DIVEKICK, Tunnel, and future projects.
  • Unknown Joined:
    Will download, will listen, will probably be cool, but yeah. Please at least make an rss feed so we can automagically have it downloaded and placed in our portable music listening device of choice so I'll actually remember to listen since it'll actually be on the list of pre-recorded internet radio shows along with all the others I'm subscribed to. Too many times I'll download an Alphaism, only to forget that it's even in the ipod. And odds are I'd be more likely to check the front page if something's mentioned in the podcast, not the other way around. Just sayin'.Thanks in advance Ski and Keits for attempting to do this on the regular.
  • KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.com Joined: Posts: 8,720Registered, Moderators, Editors
    RSS for iTunes is coming. We have hit a couple small technical hiccups but it should be more than a week off. Thanks for the support!
  • deadfrogdeadfrog Please enter a value using 50 characters or fewer. Joined: Posts: 6,389Registered
    I think a sweet tagline for the show would be something along the lines of "Hit and block, sit and talk." Maybe "Hitting, blocking, sitting, talking." Could use some work but there's gold in there.
    Good news! The 'cast has been submitted to iTunes and is awaiting approval. It should appear on iTunes in a couple of days.
    Good news! The 'cast has been submitted to iTunes and is awaiting approval. It should appear on iTunes in a couple of days.

Nice! Now I can update the podcast on the fly via the iTunes app if I'm not near a computer. :china:
  • deadfrogdeadfrog Please enter a value using 50 characters or fewer. Joined: Posts: 6,389Registered
    How hot do you guys want to make this? Because you could really melt some cheese with this thing.

If you start hosting debates on the show, you can have the mediator say "Activate!" just before you let a participant go off about something, and then "Snapback!" right before any counter-points or rebuttals are made. If somebody has absolutely been broken in an argument, announce that their guard has been crushed. We have so many awesome terms for this sort of stuff that are built right into the community.

I would also encourage the liberal (over)use of sound bytes (like the proper sound effects for these things) and constant jungle drum tracks playing softly in the background while people are trying to talk. Or .
  • BoonwoodBoonwood Joined: Posts: 12Registered
    I really liked the podcast... wish it was a bit longer than 30 minutes myself. Thanks for putting this together ~_~
  • HumpskiHumpski The Scarlet Terror Joined: Posts: 681Registered
    Are you gonna submit this to iTunes so I can listen at work?
    :)

EDIT:

Nevermind!
    Question answered!
    Follow Poison on Twitter in her campaign to be invited to the Street Fighter x Tekken tournament!
    http://twitter.com/Poison_SFxTK
    Podcast is already up on iTunes! Subscribed!
  • jchensorjchensor Salty Chen Joined: Posts: 1,943Registered, Moderators, Staff Online
    Given we have had "Hadoukast" as a suggestion, not sure why no one has thought of:

Pod-ouken: The SRK Podcast

I kinda like that, to be honest. ^_^

- James
    http://jchensor.blogspot.com

"We don't stop playing because we get old. We get old because we stop playing." -- Doyle Brunson

"Every time you win, it diminishes the fear a little bit. You never really cancel the fear of losing; you keep challenging it." -- Arthur Ashe

(AV art obtained from here: http://meatbun.us/blog/?p=162)
    Make our logo!

We need a logo, and while our temporary one is nice, I'm sure someone out there can knock this out of the park. Send your submission to keits@shoryuken.com
  • Missing PersonMissing Person 失踪者 / 행방불명자 / 行方不明者 Joined: Posts: 5,651Registered
    is there any way to do on the fly sync'ing with other media players than itunes? I would love to be able to have this auto-download in Rhythmbox.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: C4NT-MssngPrsn | GGPO/Supercade: Missing Person
    SSF4AE: Chun, Boxer, Guile | TTT2: Asuka/Bob | SCV: Leixia
    A McDonald's across the street from a McDonald's is like the Holocaust getting 9/11'd. --Rabbit2k7
    Episode 5 is up!
  • IrysaIrysa Where have all the good games gone? Joined: Posts: 106Registered
    Nice cast.

Good job saving sp00ky from nearly getting too deep into reverse beats before skipping moons haha.
    [13:27:43] [Sabator] peter would be the worst batman ever though. "turn on the bat-signal" "right!" *turns on huge foglight, beams an image of striped pantsu into the sky*
  • OsirunOsirun VMP Wonka Joined: Posts: 2,074Registered
    I'm seriously considering buying MBAA now. I've played it once and it was pretty fun, I'll definitely be watching the EVO stream for some Melty action just to see what the game is really all about.
  • whitey9whitey9 Hand on the Beaker Joined: Posts: 205Registered
    We need an RSS feed for this, not everybody uses iTunes
    :uf::f::df::d::db::b::mk:
    I'm seriously considering buying MBAA now. I've played it once and it was pretty fun, I'll definitely be watching the EVO stream for some Melty action just to see what the game is really all about.

You should just come to evo instead! :)
    We need an RSS feed for this, not everybody uses iTunes

We are working on this problem. Something about the new v-bulletin board and RSS is giving Inkblot and co. a headache.