The SRK Glossary - WIP

123457»

Comments

• TurboNewbieTurboNewbie Joined: Posts: 27Registered
    Excellent! This is just what I needed to become familiar with the terms and applications that I see on other threads. Learnt a lot. Thanks you guys :)
    :):qcf::)
  • Bowser-DaimaoBowser-Daimao Professional Button Masher Joined: Posts: 13Registered
    Thanks for making this guide. I get pretty confused reading fighting game lingo, it's like another language to me.
  • PapinguimPapinguim Searching for a character... Joined: Posts: 219Registered
    I still don't understand Hit confirms and plinking.
    SSFIVAE- Yang
    SFxT- Ogre, Kazuya, Marduk
    Third Strike- ?
    SSB Melee- Ness, Marth (Pretty much everyone in the game)
    PSN: onebri97 Steam: Papinguim
  • wolfeagle 847wolfeagle 847 Joined: Posts: 127Registered
    What is a "ROM" combo? Is it just a type of combo and if so could someone please explain or is it an acronym as well? Thank you in advance for replies!
    "All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare." - Spinoza
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 4,195Registered
    What is a "ROM" combo? Is it just a type of combo and if so could someone please explain or is it an acronym as well? Thank you in advance for replies!

Are you referring to ROMfinite combos?
  • jonthegiantjonthegiant Joined: Posts: 7Registered
    Hello guys, i'm french and i would like to know what does mean the word "tier" in "tier list" please
  • ImmaculateImmaculate UltraBeard Joined: Posts: 425Registered
    Anyone know what "curly mustache" and "pringles" means? 
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 4,195Registered
    Anyone know what "curly mustache" and "pringles" means? 
    Curly mustache is in reference to pringles, since the pringles dude has a curly mustache.

People have varying opinions on what exactly 'pringles' mean, since it's interpretation has kind of changed over the years depending on who's telling it.  It originally meant that you cracked as easily as a pringles chip, meaning you've got no defense and you get opened up very easily by your opponent.