CEVO - XBL SF4 Tourney! - Starts 4/6/09 - Free Reg, Cash Prizes!

CEVO LLC (CYBER EVOLUTION) is very excited to announce the opening of the first CEVO Street Fighter 4 XBOX 360 Live Tournament. This online event is completely free to enter and will feature $500.00 in cash prizes.

The Street Fighter 4 XBOX 360 Live Tournament is a double elimination online event for gamers in the XBOX 360 community. The format of the tournament will be 1 v 1. Registration for the tournament will open on Thursday, March 5th at midnight and remain open until midnight Sunday, April 5th. First round matches will be scheduled April 6th after 11:01 PM CDT time and the deadline for first round matches will be April 9th.

PRIZES:

1st: $250.00
2nd: $150.00
3rd: $100.00

BRACKETS:
To Be Announced

RULES:

Game Play Match Start Times
Players should ensure that they are ready to play fifteen (15) minutes prior to the agreed upon time. After fifteen (15) minutes have passed, both players must be connected to the agreed upon host.

Match Guidelines and Information

Match Hosting
A host MUST be agreed on by both players and MUST fall within the PING IMBALANCE RULE. You may test both hosts until the best one has been determined. The host MUST be one of the players participating in the match.

- Standard Hosting Policy: The player who has the BEST CONNECTION will be considered the HOST.

- Optional Hosting Policy: If one (1) of the players has an excellent connection both players ping fairly to, they may agree to use that host for the duration of the match.

Match Format
BEST OF THREE (3) FORMAT (Regular Bracket Play)
Each match of tournament play will be played in a best of (3) three format. In a best of three (3) format, the first player to win (2) two matches will be considered the winner of the match. If by any chance there would to be a tie (Double KO) then an elimination match MUST be played to determine the winner.

BEST OF FIVE (5) FORMAT (Tournament Finals Bracket Play)
All tournament final bracket matches will be played in a best of (5) five format. In a best of five (5) format, the first player to win (3) three matches will be considered the winner of the match. If by any chance there would to be a tie (Double KO) then an elimination match MUST be played to determine the winner.

BEST OF FIVE (5) FORMAT (Tournament Grand Championship Final)
The Grand Finals matche will be played in a best of (5) five format. In a best of five (5) format, the first player to win (3) three matches will be considered the winner of the match. If by any chance there would to be a tie (Double KO) then an elimination match MUST be played to determine the winner

Match Breaks
There are NO match breaks allowed in between rounds.

Game / Option Settings
- Players: 1 vs. 1
- Round Time: 99 secs
- Rounds: 2 Rounds
- Handicap: OFF
- Characters: ALL Characters are allowed
- Round Winners: MUST keep their character, Match Losers MAY change characters if they choose
- Starting a game with the wrong rules or settings will result in a forfeiture of the current stage for the host team

Stages
All stages are ALLOWED

TO CREATE A TEAM NOW, LOGIN TO YOUR CEVO USER NAME AND FOLLOW THIS LINK:

http://www.cevo.com/index.php?page=account&func=createteam
________________________________________________________________________________

I am the Admin for this tournament, so if you guys have any questions, ask away :D

All you can do right now till after March 5th is Create your team. Reg. will open March 5th

Comments

• NinjaCWNinjaCW Joined: Posts: 477Registered
    75+ people guys, lets keep em comin :D
  • KrosKros Mak n Sak Joined: Posts: 611Registered
    Stages
    All stages are ALLOWED

lol smash bros
    3s: Makoto/Sean/Yun
    SSF4: R.I.P Makoto
  • raeliraeli Showtime! Joined: Posts: 3,911Registered
    Just tried to register to no avail. What's up?

Unknown error occurred while joining event. Event not joined. (group: 1043)
    If I don't go to hell when I die I might go to heaven. But probably not.
  • Unknown Joined:

Just keep trying

Put a join password for your team and that might fix the problem
  • Unknown Joined:
    96 people and counting, Keep it up! :D
  • Remix1213Remix1213 EMP Remix Joined: Posts: 951Registered
    TO CREATE A TEAM NOW, LOGIN TO YOUR CEVO USER NAME AND FOLLOW THIS LINK

http://www.cevo.com/index.php?page=account&func=createteam
    ________________________________________________________________________________

I am the Admin for this tournament, so if you guys have any questions, ask away :D

All you can do right now till after March 5th is Create your team. Reg. will open March 5th

What do you mean by create a team is this tourney a team or singles, sorry im a bit confused...
    Im so fly that I wake up in the sky and wipe the cloud from my eyes.
    WC hasn't been the same since 2pac died - black_vegeta
  • Unknown Joined:
    ^ Yeah same I don't get it.
  • nightkid09nightkid09 Music Producer, Videographer, & Graphic Artist Joined: Posts: 159Registered
    ^
    ^
    double ditto explantion please
  • Unknown Joined:
    CEVO is based around a PC shooters, like Counter Strike Source and 1.6 and Call of duty, where the consist of teams. Xbox 1v1 games were added not to long ago. Pretty much, you are a 1 man team.
  • Unknown Joined:
    up to 108 people :)

5 days of Reg. being open and 108 people later, keep it up everyone

Remember, this tournament will take about a month or 2 to complete, but each week 2 rounds are played out. We will probably at this rate have 8 Groups, A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H, and each group will bring 4 players to the 2 Semi Finals brackets. Then the 32 players from both Semi final bracket will bring 8 players down to the Finals Bracket. and then those 8 players play till the Grand Finals. So hopefully we can make this happen everyone :D
  • Unknown Joined:
    Oh I get it. That's cool then.

Edit: I get this when I try to join

"Unknown error occurred while joining event. Event not joined. (group: 1043)"
  • jalapNojalapNo CEO of S.I.N.dustry Joined: Posts: 2,363Registered
    CEVO is based around a PC shooters, like Counter Strike Source and 1.6 and Call of duty, where the consist of teams. Xbox 1v1 games were added not to long ago. Pretty much, you are a 1 man team.

Exactly where I am from too, Done being CEVO-P in source, now SFIV if I can.
    S.I.N.dustry
    Oh I get it. That's cool then.

Edit: I get this when I try to join

"Unknown error occurred while joining event. Event not joined. (group: 1043)"

Try putting a join password for your team. If that doesn't work just keep trying to join but when I first did and got that error (and a few of my friends did as well) we put passwords and it let us through no problems
  • Unknown Joined:
    Up to 131 people :)
  • Unknown Joined:
    Over 150 people entered, keep it up everyone
  • Unknown Joined:
    up to 167
  • SabinSabin Arcana 2 on PS2 SUX Joined: Posts: 3,180Registered
    Hi, I tried to register for this tourney (as my SRK name) but when I try to sign up, I get this error message

account is already created and i couldnt sign up for the event. help!
    SRK should stand for Stupid Retarded Kids.
    Originally Posted by Alidfe
    Arturo Sanchez won't be the best Dhalsim until he moves to Kyoto and changes his name to Kazuhiko Nitsuma.
  • Unknown Joined:
    you have to put in a Join roster Password, and then just keep trying to Reg.
  • Unknown Joined:
    Over 200 people now :)
  • bigboi1playbigboi1play Joined: Posts: 32Registered
    I tried signing up, but it says I need a IRC and I have no idea what that is and do I put down who i'm goin to use or just keep that a secret.
    Mains: Dee Jay, M. Bison, Cody, Makoto, and Guy
    Trying 2 Learn: Dudley, T hawk, and Ibuki

I'm Getting my ass kicked, but learning as I go.
  • DexaDexa Joined: Posts: 136Registered
    a bit confusing reg with team creation for 1on1 tornament :-/ hopefully i did everything correctly.
  • DopeUyuuDopeUyuu wacha cha Joined: Posts: 424Registered
    did anyone else got their matches already?

나락에 핀 꽃 (The Flower Bloomed in Hell)
    currently stuck in my head ^__^
  • ChaoticMonkChaoticMonk Shut The Front Door Joined: Posts: 580Registered
    I got an email saying anyone registered after March 30th won't be able to join as there are too many contestants (I joined on March 29th but apparently the limit had already been reached). :(
  • Unknown Joined:
    damn, too late :sad:
    I play Brazy000 apparently on April6th... Sweet.
    S.I.N.dustry
  • Unknown Joined:
    so if i registered yesterday I registered too late?
    so if i registered yesterday I registered too late?

Yes sorry, you can sign up for the 2nd Season when we open registration for it again.
    Which by the looks of this turn out, I hope that is a definite yes. It will be more fun to play when my stick gets here in a week or so.
    S.I.N.dustry