San Antonio, TX

Comments

• Big HouseBig House Flash House Joined: Posts: 742Registered
    If ur in sa you should start coming out to some meetups and tourneys
    "you suckas just need to mash grab against devoy. Dat boy be grabbing sims limbs from full screen and air grabbing my dive kicks!!!" -Spin4U

AKA Flash House
  • SALonghornSALonghorn SFCCL owner Joined: Posts: 879Registered
    If ur in sa you should start coming out to some meetups and tourneys

In my younger, single days I would have defintely been there. These days, got more important things to occupy my time, but I still love to compete so I started an online SF league on the PSN. Been going strong for 4 years.
    SF4 CHAMPIONS & CONTENDERS LEAGUE
  • H2O teaCherH2O teaCher Joined: Posts: 56Registered
    I'm in SA! and am making the switch to FG's from starcraft.

Anyone have a stick for sale? i play on xbox.

and any meetups or upcoming tournaments?
  • Big HouseBig House Flash House Joined: Posts: 742Registered
    Yo hit me up on Facebook full name is devoy house, mostly everyone posts in the group there
    "you suckas just need to mash grab against devoy. Dat boy be grabbing sims limbs from full screen and air grabbing my dive kicks!!!" -Spin4U

AKA Flash House
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 3,302Registered
    Stay here with me on srk!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    I gotta dig bick. You that read wrong. That awkward when you read that wrong also. And said 'moment' after awkward
  • Bushido XBushido X Twin and Ken Joined: Posts: 71Registered
    Sup everybody, new to Texas pretty much. I'm stuck in San Antonio for the next 6 months or so for tech school so I might as well get some games in. But um, hit me up on xbl BushidoV1 if you want to play some umvc3. I don't get on very often during the weekday, but weekends I'm free all day.
    In fearful day, in raging night,
    With strong hearts full our souls ignite.
    When all seems lost in the war of light,
    Look to the stars -- For hope burns bright!
  • rubixgrooverubixgroove Joined: Posts: 207Registered
    @Bushido - You should really try to come out to some of the gatherings. We have some great MvC players here in SA so I'm sure you'll find your competition.

@H20 - Hit the FB group up. That's where SA's e-party's at. We have tons of gorgeous ladies that serve drinks there. Free.

...blatant lie but fuckin post up, puta!
  • New SpiceNew Spice Joined: Posts: 12Registered
    hey

I'm passing by San Antonio today and was wondering if anyone is down to Marvel?...I from WA
    hey

I'm passing by San Antonio today and was wondering if anyone is down to Marvel?...I from WA
    People will be playing at Heroes and Fantasies off 410/evers today from about 12-6pm
    I gotta dig bick. You that read wrong. That awkward when you read that wrong also. And said 'moment' after awkward
    People will be playing at Heroes and Fantasies off 410/evers today from about 12-6pm
    can I get directions to this place?...address?...I'm super close to the alamo dome
    actually i just found out it got canceled today, so nevermind. sorry about that
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX TO of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 6,955Registered
    A.R.K. V is about a month away and we'd love to see all you guys there! We're expecting about 200 people from ~10 different states (including confirmed attendance from Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kansas, Louisiana, California, and Oklahoma) and are throwing in at least $1400 in bonus pots to support some of our games (including $600 each for AE and UMvC3). It will be on August 25th/26th in Jacksonville, AR with games such as Super Street Fighter IV: AE, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, King of Fighters XIII, Persona 4 Arena, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Soul Calibur V, Street Fighter X Tekken, Mortal Kombat 9, and SkullGirls.

For more information (including an estimate on how much 1st/2nd/3rd will win in AE/UMvC3), visit the official thread here (http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/aug-25-2012-ark-v-1400-bonus-pots-feat-the-best-of-the-south-jacksonville-ar.158608/) or holler at me. For anyone who wants to come, I heavily encourage you to preregister online at www.arktourney.com/registration before August 18th to save money on venue fee.
  • mexican jutsumexican jutsu Joined: Posts: 4Registered
    Met a dude at a UMVC3 tournament at Gamerz Galaxy in Austin this past weekend. He informed me that San Antonio has a fighting scene. If y'all are out there, please let me know, I'd like to start participating in the scene, going to tournaments, getting involved, taking initiative, meeting new people etc. For the moment, I'm really interested in playing against good players and bringing new people to the scene and tourneys. If anyone has any info for me, or is interested in playing I'll definitely make the effort to meet up.
  • mexican jutsumexican jutsu Joined: Posts: 4Registered
    Also guys , yall want to know where the gatherings are at ..
    Tuesday -SLick willies Bar (huge bar , and they have like 9 setups) 7-12 pm.its really fun . Entry fee $2 ( umvc3 , ssf4ae , Kof , sf x tek ) Around 20 People show up
    Thursday - GameWorx - 11 Setups ( its like a Cyber Cafe ) Entry fee $5 .. 6-12 pm( Umvc3 , ssf4ae , kof , sfxtek , Mk9 ) Around 27 People show up
    Saturday - Subway Fight Nigh . $0 No entry fee . Its subway off Sanpedro ( by 410 ) 7-10pm( mk9 , Super smash bros , sfxtek) Around 15 people show up
    Sunday - Combo Clash Sundays at GameLot ..$Entry fee $2 ( 12 SetUps ) By 410 and Leon Valley . 1pm - 7:30 pm . ( mk9 , Sfxtek , ssf4ae , Kof , Umvc3 , Mvc2 ) 30 plus show up .

are y'all still getting together on these dates and times?
  • rubixgrooverubixgroove Joined: Posts: 207Registered
    @Mexican Jutsu - Kind of. The list has definitely changed a little bit. No more Tuesdays at Slick Willy's. I think it may still be going on but I haven't heard much about it lately. No one plays at Game Worx at all, maybe once every so often but I haven't heard word about it in about a year or so. Saturday is still going on at Subway, Combo Clash is still going on Sundays, and there's a house-gathering on Wednesday. I'm sure there's another one or two for the MvC3 cats but I'm unsure.

The Facebook group is your best bet since this thread's "dead". Look up "Real 210 Fighters". Join. Get trolled. Have phun!
  • Core SeriesCore Series Order out of Chaos Joined: Posts: 397Registered
    I will return to the 210 in a month. I've got to see what you're all about.
    The number of attendance for those events are highly exaggerated. Those are just the highest each one has got at one point. Slicks still goes on now, but yea you'll have to look up their facebook group to keep up to date with whats going on. I prefer srk so im not on it.
  • Tricksta131Tricksta131 Joined: Posts: 54Registered
    Sup guys, my name is Ezra. I just moved here from Killeen for school, just like Pongzter. I live right next to UTSA. Where do you guys meet? I mostly play sf4 but im not good lol and I dont have p4. I also play League of legends. I've been to turkey throwdown like a year or two ago, and I been too ctb 2 and 3. ill check out that 210 fighters on fb later.
  • The MC CluskyThe MC Clusky skeet skeet skeet Joined: Posts: 1,133Registered
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/oct-27-2012-sfn-presents-subway-iron-fist-ttt2-umvc3-ae-smash-p4a-san-antonio-tx.167307/

$600 guaranteed for Tekken Tag 2, $500 for Marvel, and $250 for AE! Come down to San Antonio on October for the followup to one of last year's biggest events!

facebook.com/subwayfightnight
  • The MC CluskyThe MC Clusky skeet skeet skeet Joined: Posts: 1,133Registered
    Sup guys, my name is Ezra. I just moved here from Killeen for school, just like Pongzter. I live right next to UTSA. Where do you guys meet? I mostly play sf4 but im not good lol and I dont have p4. I also play League of legends. I've been to turkey throwdown like a year or two ago, and I been too ctb 2 and 3. ill check out that 210 fighters on fb later.

I live down the street from you man, on UTSA blvd next to Costco. I'm going to be in Austin a lot for the next few months, but I will be around a few days out of the week. 210-723-5386 is my number, Marcus Shoults aka Nabisco Santa Claus Jr hosts from time to time. There's also Royd, Angel, and some others here in the UTSA area too.
  • Sinister-XSinister-X Rodolfo Alaniz Joined: Posts: 2,085Registered
    Got To Bring SA back in this bitch, whats up bitches
    gay fb group killed the thread
  • mexiwontmexiwont resident mexican Joined: Posts: 1,708Registered
    I like stuff...
    at least im better at bust a move!!!!
    Anybody interested in playing online, I'm in! Can't get out to all the local meetings so the convenience of playing online is a welcomed tradeoff.

PSN: SFCCL-SALonghorn
    I dont understand. Is it cause you live far? Cause instead of playing online you could BE at a gathering
    I dont understand. Is it cause you live far? Cause instead of playing online you could BE at a gathering

No, just don't have time to play video games for hours. Jumping online anytime 24/7 is always a better option for me.
  • SkootSkoot ZORBO Joined: Posts: 62Registered
    I recently moved to San Antonio from San Diego and am looking to play some Marvel. Are there any weekly sessions that happen or anything? Thanks.
    "It's not that I lost, it's that I lost to Skoot."
  • kenmastersXkenmastersX Stone Nguyen Joined: Posts: 3,261Registered
    There is, although you'll have to navigate facebook for the san antonio group, pretty much killed the thread here.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/147164442055533/
    Evo MvC3 top 32 choke artist. :(

Also, I'm not Richard Nguyen's brother!
  • SkootSkoot ZORBO Joined: Posts: 62Registered
    Thanks. Just requested to join the group.
    "It's not that I lost, it's that I lost to Skoot."