San Antonio, TX

DrumlinerJoeDrumlinerJoe I miss SRK :(Joined: Posts: 2,107Registered
Welcome to the San Antonio thread. For info on our tournaments, ranbats, and gatherings please find us at Real 210 Fighters on Facebook. Ask permission to join the group and you're good to go.

Comments

• DrumlinerJoeDrumlinerJoe I miss SRK :( Joined: Posts: 2,107Registered
    Damn, someone posted and actually wants to play. Gotta say though I'm all booked up for Fiesta week, but I should have more downtime laters. Oh well, the rest of ya'll start posting.
  • iamtrungiamtrung Joined: Posts: 449Registered
    I'll be off in upcoming Tues and Wed. Let me know if you guys want to meet up.
  • Unknown Joined:
    whoa

THIS IS SUCH A DESOLATE PLACE NOW
  • Unknown Joined:
    what games do you guys play?
    I play CVS2, A3, 3S, GGXX. I'm rusty in fighting games and I would like to meet up with some people sometime and get some casual going on. Anyone go to a university that has a public student union with a tv lounge? SA UT? If so perhaps we can set a date and meet and hook up our systems there. I'm still up for Tues and Weds this week.
    I play primarily MVC2, though I'd like to get some A3 experience in.

Anyhow, name a time and/or place for Tuesday and Wednesday nights and we'll get some games in. The rest of ya'll post up. Later haters.
    Originally posted by DrumlinerJoe
    I play primarily MVC2, though I'd like to get some A3 experience in.

Anyhow, name a time and/or place for Tuesday and Wednesday nights and we'll get some games in. The rest of ya'll post up. Later haters.

My place is ok. I live on Medical drive by Fedrickburg. PM me your number and I'll call you.
  • Unknown Joined:
    I playem all , but now im more into developing strats.
    the playa wants to coach!
  • Spin4uSpin4u Makato ownage Joined: Posts: 1,737Registered
    I was hoping to find more people from SA on this site but seen only a handfull..

Well I play 3s,Mvc2, SvC chaos, KI-2,KOF2k3. I play at culebra diversions now since theres no other comp at any other location when I show up there. I could be wrong. The only college I have been to where it has video games is SAC which is down town. They have SC2, SnkvsCapcom 2, KI2, TTT, and T4( i think)

Anyways am looking for some good comp in all the games i play. Reply back and ill try to meet some of yall this weekend
    Why Fighting games have gone down hill?
    1. Ssf4:AE came up with japanese characters that beat the whole cast.
    2. MK9 is made for children and not serious games, er go patch after patch
    3. Tekken 6 is Bobville.
    Twiddles fingers for a real game to come out
    Southside tournies, sounds good. I'll have to start showing up there now.
  • Unknown Joined:
    im not 100% sure but i might be in San Antonio for a week or two after school lets out, where can i get some Marvel action?
    Originally posted by KingWang
    im not 100% sure but i might be in San Antonio for a week or two after school lets out, where can i get some Marvel action?

Well if someone wants to hang at thier own place to play some games, I guess the Diversions on the southside after that. Just post up.
    For some MvC2 play and some pretty good comp to me is at diversions on SW military.

Drumline.. What games you into. Hopefully kof cause am looking for some new comp in that. And looking for a teacher in MvC2. I like using Iron man and i could do his ground infinite but need help on his air combo. Want to learn the broken char mag. and sent. i use IM/Jug/Hulk... dont hate on that team be suprise what they can do :D
    3. Tekken 6 is Bobville.
    Sorry can't help you on the KOF thing. I'm pretty much exclusively MVC2. I use a lot of Rogue based teams so you'll know me by that. I might go to Diversions tomorrow evening, if not I'll probably catch you round there sometime.
    hmm Theres only 1 good rogue player that ive seen who is good. Do you have like a pony tail and are mexican. Well i think you put your hair back in a rubber band. If so teach me ol wise one. Which diversions culebra or SW
    3. Tekken 6 is Bobville.
    You're probably talking bout Chris, huero dude with DBZ shirts. I'm a dark Mex with a goatee and short hair. Tonight was the first time I'd been to an arcade in like months so I probably haven't played you. But if you wanna learn I can help no prob.
    I might be able to game on Fri evening, but thats not for sure. Monday and Tuesday next week I'll be free. Let me know the Diversion you guys meeting up.
  • Dr. DeeliteDr. Deelite Joined: Posts: 349Registered
    Originally posted by Spin4u
    For some MvC2 play and some pretty good comp to me is at diversions on SW military.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry, that was a good joke. If people want to be "good" at that game they need to play the whole game, and not some game they made up, where Sentinel/Cable/Blackheart/etc. are "cheap" and unselectable in tournaments. For their stupid upcoming "No Cable" tournament, congratulations, they've made Sentinel better than he already was, and he's already the best character in the game. Unless Sentinel is banned also, in which case Storm and Magneto and Spiral are way better than they were already. Oh wait, are any of them banned also? And so on. Tell me how banning Cable encourages me to do anything but back up and call my assist of choice until you get frustrated, then just stomp on you endlessly.

IM/Jug/Hulk - OK if people are being really careless with their assists, but eventually you'll play someone who isn't. Maybe you should try like, Jugg/IM or Hulk or something/Sent, and power Jugg up then tag in Sent, you can get away with that a lot, especially early in the match when they don't have the meter to hurt Sent too bad. Then you can just fly around and stomp on them and call your glitched Jugg assist.

If you want teams like IM/Jugg/Hulk though where you can kill characters instantly with meter without much effort, any combination of Jugg/Hulk/Sent/IM/Rogue/Spiral/BB Hood/Colossus works pretty well, with nearly any team on that list short, short, team super is a dead character. Most satisfying with Colossus/Hulk/Jugg. :D
    Don't forget, Tron MURDERS people who are careless with assists.

Say Joe you down for coming on down to the southside for some games tonight? I'll tell all the vatos not to shoot the white guy with the glasses cause he don't got money anyway. I'll probably be there round 7 or 8 or so till around 10.

Oh yeah but there's no more 3s there anymore, just some SNK and MVC2. Sorry. Anyone else wanna play today be there. Later haters.

Oh yeah Trung, to get to that Diversions just take I 35 south all the way to SW Military drive. Hang a left and Diversions will be on your right side. Later haters.
    Helping some friends move furniture tonight, playing poker tomorrow night. Otherwise I wouldn't mind going to Culebra. SW Military I'd rather not go to. Not really interested in getting my head smashed into the cabinet because I'm cheap, laff. But honestly I'd rather kick back at someone's place that I know and play casual sometime, rather than go to the arcade and play morons who made up their own rules for the game. I'm way past caring about comp or having to beat some SA scrub 20 times in a row to prove myself to him somehow, rather just chill.
  • Ranma0005Ranma0005 Drunkin Style SF Master Joined: Posts: 1,162Registered, Moderators
    No Cable? MST dat shit!
    "If I'm not here, I'm at Stargate. If I'm not at Stargate, I'm on my way to Stargate :D"
    MLG Fighting Games Referee
    Examiner Column Writer
    Texas Showdown Tournament Organizer and Director
  • Unknown Joined:
    marvel marvel marvel

I can only watch that game.
    Any1 know where i can get some mvc2 vids?
  • wreckincrew23wreckincrew23 Joined: Posts: 543Registered
    Was wondering does anyone want to get some mvc2 in tomorrow at whatever diversions has the best sticks?? I went to Culebra like a week ago and the sticks weren't horrible but not that good either. I don't think I have met anyone besides Joe, but am always looking forward to meeting and playing new peeps. Oh yeah mss and rush that shit down!!
    I wish it was legal to be in public with your eyes red....
    I'll probably get some games in tomorrow evening at the southside Diversions. The sticks work well enough. If you wanna get some games in man just post up a time and I'll be there. Peace.
    Monday or Tuesday anyone?
    Both days sound good. Got nothing better to do.
  • NormalGuyNormalGuy The Life of A Ninja Joined: Posts: 215Registered
    Joe's insights about MVC2 are too good. :D

Joe you should just play SonSon/Storm/Tron and win that tournament to let them know how silly the game is if you ban certain characters and not others.
    Work sucks!!!
    Originally posted by Dr. Deelite
    Helping some friends move furniture tonight, playing poker tomorrow night. Otherwise I wouldn't mind going to Culebra. SW Military I'd rather not go to. Not really interested in getting my head smashed into the cabinet because I'm cheap, laff. But honestly I'd rather kick back at someone's place that I know and play casual sometime, rather than go to the arcade and play morons who made up their own rules for the game. I'm way past caring about comp or having to beat some SA scrub 20 times in a row to prove myself to him somehow, rather just chill.

Oh yeah don't you got a new place, not to mention TWO MAS sticks? And yeah you're right that does sound better. I actually ran into Fox the other night and he's still an MVC2 fool. There's like two other guys there who somewhat know what they're doing in the game and probably would get better with some practice. But anyway yeah, there's a tourney this coming Sat. Joe at 5pm on Military. I tihnk that's the time. Entry fee is 3 bucks and no Cables. There's really no comp to speak of so sounds like easy money. I'm gonna be there, fear my Rogue Deelite. :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Is there any arcade in San A that have Samurai Shodown 5?
    Originally posted by DrumlinerJoe
    Oh yeah don't you got a new place, not to mention TWO MAS sticks? And yeah you're right that does sound better. I actually ran into Fox the other night and he's still an MVC2 fool. There's like two other guys there who somewhat know what they're doing in the game and probably would get better with some practice. But anyway yeah, there's a tourney this coming Sat. Joe at 5pm on Military. I tihnk that's the time. Entry fee is 3 bucks and no Cables. There's really no comp to speak of so sounds like easy money. I'm gonna be there, fear my Rogue Deelite. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Yeah, uh, no Cables? Congratulations on your free money Joe, I don't know that SA scrubs would have a shot at you with any other character, with him at least maybe they get lucky. I'll be playing poker and then watching SNL, the Olsen twins are on (!!!). I'll say this - I care exactly not at all about playing to get better or for comp anymore, if I play it's to hang out with people like you/Chong/Tony/whoever else might still be in town to play. Playing fighting games seriously for the last decade has had the nice side effect of giving me many friendships all over the country, but now I just care about those and give not a shit about the games anymore.

And Larry! Still in Taiwan? Or back? How've you been? And yeah, with no Cable I'd see zero reason to do anything but play Team Watts. Jump back fierce for half an hour then Sentinel comes in with wads of meter against a really frustrated opponent. Wheeeeee.

And I don't know about SS5.