Chun-li Video/Discussion Thread

Footsy BebopFootsy Bebop Joined: Posts: 326Registered
Post your SF4 Chun Li Vids!

Comments

• Dime_xDime_x master theorist Joined: Posts: 4,801Registered
    we may as well have one of these threads for chun... gj.

daigo versus chun, also in the main chun thread:
    an interesting thing about this chun is the lack of ex lightning leg abuse, this chun prefers to use meter on AA ex SBK, and do damage with random pokes and throws

some nuki here watch his use of jsu fierce versus abel in the second match on wakeup and that sick ass super off of FA in the first:

-dime
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/double & Peacock/x/painwheel. SSF4 AE 2012: Ibuki
    ST: Dee Jay,Vega,Ryu,Zangief,Boxer,Chun,Guile,Sagat
    If you're offended by your own playstyle that doesnt make sense -Pali
    -Dime_x
  • Unknown Joined:
    Yay Chun-Li but I never EVER seen that costume before, very interesting....I like teh old one better lol.
  • MainspringMainspring Joined: Posts: 295Registered
    Chun in that costume in the first vid made me think of Asuka from Tekken DR.
  • InverseInverse You? Destroy...me? Joined: Posts: 1,744Registered
    Cool, video of Chun-li vs Rufus.

I favorited this one, very nice dizzy combo at 2:58. :)
    "So Ryu is looking like poop more and more?"
    ~Rockman85

"No you'll just have to actually learn how to use Ryu."
    ~Deviljin 01
  • axelaxel Joined: Posts: 6Registered

Gimme some comments!
    only problems i saw was that everytime you moved forward you threw out some sort of attack... that will get you killed versus highly reactive peoples. i forget the other thing i was gonna point out.

i liked your chun play you mixed up what moves you threw out well, and your movement was decent if not a bit erratic. like i said tho it was pretty obvious when you were going to attack.

nice chun

-dime
    -Dime_x
  • kenurankenuran Aroduc Jr. Joined: Posts: 1,982Registered
    Street Fighter 4 Chun-Li anime Opening (in English)

I am The God of Might.

Teaching yourself Kanji is quite the bitch...
  • P.o.t.S.P.o.t.S. Joined: Posts: 268Registered
    Now you just know she'll have that outfit in the game.
  • Black DogBlack Dog Hakumen Joined: Posts: 129Registered
    Yun and Yang? Glad they put in some 3s references somewhere in the game.
    People care who you main
    and the combos you use.
  • SagatryuSagatryu Joined: Posts: 1,331Registered
    acorrding to Siegfired who has play the game , Chun-li doesn't not fight Guile but rather joins up with him to take down Sin.

edit: acorrding to Siegfired Guile was giving a mission to find out SIN's connection to Shadaloo.

Ryu's intro explans why Guile give Chun-Li her standard gear. because in Ryu's intro Guile and Chun-li talk about the tournament.

edit: By looking at the screen shots Abel's intro happens after Chun-li's intro.
    mostly likey this is the order in which Guile and Chun-li appear in the intros. Guile's intro, Chun Li's intro, Ryu's intro and Abels intro.
    "you may have the Ultimate Shield , but I have the Ultimate eye , and my ultimate eye can see your weakness" - King Bradley / Wrath to Greed.
  • AzraelAzrael Epic Calling! Joined: Posts: 2,818Registered
    http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/tournament.html

Vids of the national tournament. The new videos include RF's Sagat vs Nuki's Chun. Nuki uses C.MP as anti-air against Sagat's J.MP, and it works pretty well.

:sad: @ the first round of the second match. Look how much life Chun loses to Tiger Uppercut xx SADC, F+RH, Ultra! That shit's not right man.

Also, in the final round of the third vid, right before Chun loses, look at what happens - Chun jumps and does EX Hasan Shu - but it comes out so fast, it looks like she doesn't even hit the ground!

I've played against RF's Sagat...he's just good. He can kill you with fireballs alone.
    Ben Perkins:
    I'm a little shocked at how bad the Game Informer guys are at video games. They were pretty good at DmC but that game only requires you to know where the Y button is. And sometimes A. 
    yo az, thx for posting that up! yeah it totally looked like nuki was air born when he did that ex HS. nukis chun is HOT!

3rd round of first match, i REALLY liked the dash under cr. shorts to ultra, the dash totally caught me by surprise as sagat was damn near hitting chun, that shit was cool, i couldnt see myself thinking of doing that in that situation, but it's something learned, may have nice application versus rog and blanka that jump alot.

-dime
    -Dime_x
  • chun_li1chun_li1 Joined: Posts: 147Registered
    I just watched the Nationals vid of Nuki VS RF.

Some1 was saying, on high level, among pros, you shouldnt do jump back HK as overhead, especially not against Sagat, since it will get you killed for trying.

But Nuki gets away with it 2 x (midscreen and sagat with back to corner). RF doesnt do anything except dash after.

Was RF sleeping or what was going on?

Yeah, that EX HS at end of match 3, round 3 was WTF? Looked like he was doing the move in mid air just b4 landing lol.

chun_li1
    Space Nazis Incoming : http://www.ironsky.net/
  • InverseInverse You? Destroy...me? Joined: Posts: 1,744Registered
    Good lord, Sagat is just too much. They going for story points or something, because wow... that's just not right. Here's hoping maybe they do a balance patch? Yeah right. Don't want to sound like a whiner, but I remember the Japanese not being too happy with O.Sagat for very similar reasons why he is insane in this game. Did the developer simply forget their own history with him?
    "So Ryu is looking like poop more and more?"
    ~Rockman85

"No you'll just have to actually learn how to use Ryu."
    ~Deviljin 01
  • Black DogBlack Dog Hakumen Joined: Posts: 129Registered
    SF4 Sagat is nothing like O.Sagat. Imo Sagat is very beatable. In the right hands he's absolutely devastating but he's not god tier. I regularly beat Sagats down at my arcade. Just gotta know how to handle him and who's playing him.
    People care who you main
    and the combos you use.
  • JO50JO50 Daezo Joined: Posts: 1,244Registered

Vids of me in the Economy Blows $1 Touranemnt.
    Yi: DAEZOOOOO
    Dae: Lakers
    Yi: fuck you son

http://www.youtube.com/user/jocund50
  • DaFeetLeeDaFeetLee WOW Joined: Posts: 1,474Registered
    :sad: @ the first round of the second match. Look how much life Chun loses to Tiger Uppercut xx SADC, F+RH, Ultra! That shit's not right man.

She got revenge with that ultra through the tiger shot in round one of the 3rd set.

But man. That combo did way too much.
    Twitter: @DaFeetLee || NY FGC || Go to Next Level you cheap bastards
    FG Blog || Youtube
  • ChunnerChunner Joined: Posts: 137Registered
    ex hasanshu in the air?? wow...

thanks azrael for showing us the link ^^
    「また遊んであげるわ」♬
  • JO50JO50 Daezo Joined: Posts: 1,244Registered
    http://www.youtube.com/user/laugh25acw

Laugh's Chun is pretty good
    Yi: DAEZOOOOO
    Dae: Lakers
    Yi: fuck you son

http://www.youtube.com/user/jocund50
  • axelaxel Joined: Posts: 6Registered
    I just watched the Nationals vid of Nuki VS RF.

Some1 was saying, on high level, among pros, you shouldnt do jump back HK as overhead, especially not against Sagat, since it will get you killed for trying.

But Nuki gets away with it 2 x (midscreen and sagat with back to corner). RF doesnt do anything except dash after.

Was RF sleeping or what was going on?

Yeah, that EX HS at end of match 3, round 3 was WTF? Looked like he was doing the move in mid air just b4 landing lol.

chun_li1
    Seems like Nuki kept the distance correctly in the 1st round of the 1st match? RF's f.HK didn't manage to catch him.

And WOW seemingly air EX Hasan Shu!!! Huge chunk of damage to top it off! (yeah it's CH but props to that!)
  • AzraelAzrael Epic Calling! Joined: Posts: 2,818Registered

Just a decent Chun, in the match he does make a lot of mistakes, but I'm posting it because he also does a lot of things right too. Sometimes its good to watch mid-level players, because its easier to pick up and understand their strategies, rather than shoot straight for the top.
    Ben Perkins:
    I'm a little shocked at how bad the Game Informer guys are at video games. They were pretty good at DmC but that game only requires you to know where the Y button is. And sometimes A. 
  • Ironreaver7Ironreaver7 Joined: Posts: 334Registered

Just a decent Chun, in the match he does make a lot of mistakes, but I'm posting it because he also does a lot of things right too. Sometimes its good to watch mid-level players, because its easier to pick up and understand their strategies, rather than shoot straight for the top.

yea that vid is kinda old but it was a pretty good Chun. Cant wait for the Console release
    www.ironreaver.com
  • Ironreaver7Ironreaver7 Joined: Posts: 334Registered

Vids of me in the Economy Blows $1 Touranemnt.

Man you raped Mike Z :rofl: good shit Holy Voice:pray::clapdos:
    www.ironreaver.com
  • MagnetoManiacMagnetoManiac EX MagMan™ Joined: Posts: 6,697Registered
    I will soon have my match (that I lost) against McRomes. He played Ryu...they were close games but he ended up 2-0'ing me with some amazing comebacks. I just need to find who's camera was recording it and have it uploaded. I placed 16th at the tournament, had 4 pools of 16 man brackets, it was huge. Gootecks won it, was a fun top 16 to witness.

But seriously, can someone have the original Chun thread opened? Now it's like we can't talk directly or casually anymore...always gotta post facts and whatnot.
    凸 (⊙▃⊙) 凸 Hold that
    Team "Get that shit outta here"
    So, do YOU know the match-up?! - team gdlk
    Well I don't mean to double post. It's been a few days anyways so here goes.

Chun vs Akuma

http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/118/

Someone wanted that matchup in the matchup thread...but yeah, this is a good example.

edit: OMG THAT WAS A SICK FINISH!!!

edit2: more matches of that Chun player included in the video, vs Ken, and vs Fuerte. Dude, this Chun player is sick, he definitely utilizes Chun's tools to her finest, this is a must-see.
    凸 (⊙▃⊙) 凸 Hold that
  • DiarDiar Cali free stylin Joined: Posts: 66Registered
    Great video, low jab beats low forwards? Didn't know the ultra would work through air fireball and the ken empty jump? Did the Ken player not block or Chun timed it perfectly as he lands?
    SaviorMeister - your morigan is nice movements
    http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/111/

Another awesome Chun playing a full 3 games after the first match. I'm getting so many ideas off of these videos...had to share another one.

edit: The way he handled that Balrog player was INSANELY beautiful. Zoning with the close fierce anti airs, and fireball into far fierce anti air...so many things correct about this video.

We have to find out what he knew the rog player was going to do though...there's a reason why rog didn't jump early roundhouse, or focus on countering with sweeps. It's not shown in the video...so for now we can only assume. Too bad we can't ask the Chun player himself...

edit: http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/103/

Yet ANOTHER sick Chun. This site is greatness.
    凸 (⊙▃⊙) 凸 Hold that
    man that rog match was beautiful... brings tears to the eyes:sweat:

he played EXACTLY how i was talking about, save to super, dont use ex legs, ex sbk if the nigga gets jumpy...

i dont get him abusing the st . fierce tho, rogs fierce or roundhouse flatout beats close fierce... and then he gets jabs to headbutts to ultra for landing one...

only thing i can think of is maybe focus attack against the early jumpin gets a crumple easier... cause the chun did get one of those off...

maybe she could use early cr.strong as a meaty thus getting plus frames for a link... dont know.

-edit OMG THAT CHUN V AKUMA MATCH WAS AWESOME!!! that chun was NICE and the akuma was hard as fuck also.
    http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/103/

-dime
    -Dime_x
  • chun_li1chun_li1 Joined: Posts: 147Registered
    http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/111/

edit: http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/103/

Yet ANOTHER sick Chun. This site is greatness.

What was that move after the Hazan Shu at 3:49 VS Fuerte? Never seen that flip kick b4.

chun_li1
    Space Nazis Incoming : http://www.ironsky.net/
    D/f+lk

and yes... i'm mega bored...

dime
    -Dime_x