RSX and Co. teach A2. Update: Frame data available PM my Inbox

RagingStormXRagingStormX Needs more Crisco.Joined: Posts: 3,192Registered
LINKS ARE BROKEN FOR SOME REASON BUT ALL THE INFO IS IN THIS THREAD. I will fix this ASAP.

I think as far as old games go this one is the most slept on nowadays and people are missing out on one of the best games to play casually. Here is pretty much alot of the stuff I learned from ogs and other people in the 3 years I have been playing this game. This game is so much more deep than build metter and ac or cc. Most the time if you randomly cc you are wrong and get countered. When everything is done, Ill add all this to the wiki, and update them as needed. These are basic guides breaking down characters normals, specials, supers, ccs, acs, and how to apply the tools they have to win. I'll also try to go more in depth when they are all done, character matches etc.

SCANS IN PROGRESS: http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7426/scan0001dzy.jpg

I'll set them up in mega upload or something as soon as it is all complete, I will release on a character by character basis until the whole book is scanned.

Keep a open mind, ways of thinking Ways of thinking, read if you a noobie

****AWESOME A2 SITE**** SFZ2 Blog

Epic final match of B3

My YouTube page (ccs and more): YouTube - jeffhizzle's Channel

My thought on a A2 Remix My thoughts on a A2 Remix

Street Fighter Alpha 2 wiki updated
Charlie wiki complete
Rose wiki complete
Sodom wiki complete
Birdie wiki complete
Guy wiki in progress
Zangief wiki in progress
Adon wiki in progress

FRAME DATA AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE *IM JUST GONNA SCAN THE SHIT LOL*

RSX's Alpha 2 Q&A RSX and Co. teach A2.

RSX's quick guide to simple mix up Street%2BFighter%2BAlpha%2B2%2B%255BPC%255D%2B-%2BSHOOT%2B1.jpgRSX and Co. teach A2. By RSX (WIP last update March 29, 2009)

**TIER LISTS** RSX and Co. teach A2. from SRK wiki

**List of Alpha Counters and uses if you are 2 lazy to read 101s =)** RSX and Co. teach A2. By RSX

**ALPHA COUNTER REVERSAL**RSX and Co. teach A2. By RSX

**Kara-cancelling for meter** RSX and Co. teach A2.

**Stage Lag** got_lag_folded_marge_black_folded.pngRSX and Co. teach A2.By RSX

**Ultimate CC list** sfa2.jpghttp://forums.shoryuken.com
/showpost.php?p=5479691&postcount=56By RSX

**Basic Alpha 2 game engine overview** Street%2520Fighter%2520Alpha%25202%2520sideart-1.jpg(UPDATED: SEP 26, 2008) RSX and Co. teach A2. By RSX, High Knock Down section By Endy22

Ryu 101 ryugif.gifRSX and Co. teach A2. By RSX

Ken 101 ken-alphafireball.gifRSX and Co. teach A2. By RSX

Charlie 101 th_charlie21.gifRSX and Co. teach A2. By RSX

Sodom 101 sodom-fan-noanim.gifRSX and Co. teach A2. By RSX

Evil Ryu 101 (UPDATED CCS Sep 24, 2008)th_SFA3-EvilRyu-StanceAni.gifRSX and Co. teach A2. By RSX

Guy 101 th_street_fighter_022.gifRSX and Co. teach A2. By BBH (5% by RSX!)

Rolento 101 part 1 th_street_fighter_013.gifRSX and Co. teach A2. By dreamfire

Rolento 101 part 2 rolento-flydown-noanim.gifRSX and Co. teach A2. By dreamfire

---Rolento vids

- [SFZ2 match

Dhalsim 101 th_Dhalsim.gifRSX and Co. teach A2. By maxstah

Zangief 101 th_zangief_anime1.gifRSX and Co. teach A2. By maxstah

Rose 101 th_anrosol1.gifRSX and Co. teach A2. By RSX

Dan 101 Street_Fighter_Alpha_Dan.gifRSX and Co. teach A2. by Aquashark

---Dan vids

- [SFZ2 match

Birdie 101 (UPDATED CCS MARCH 29, 2009)birdie_switchblade.gifRSX and Co. teach A2. By RSX

---Birdie vids
(5 final cc by thegreenplug in a real match)

Gen 101 gen-cmere.gifRSX and Co. teach A2. By Doujinshi

---Gen Vids

- [SFZ2 match
- [SFZ2 match
- [SFZ2 match

Akuma 101 akuma-c-combo.gifRSX and Co. teach A2. By Doujinshi

Akuma 101 misc. info akma-combo.gifRSX and Co. teach A2. By RSX

---Akuma vids

- [SFZ2 match
- [SFZ2 match
- [SFZ2 match

M. Bison 101 bison-flyback.gif http://shoryuken.com/f233/rsx-co-teach-a2-162792/index9.html#post9765508

Sagat 101 sagat-animation.gifRSX and Co. teach A2. by RSX

Sakura 101 sakura-winpose11.gifRSX and Co. teach A2. By RSX

Adon 101 (very basic)adon-intro1.gifRSX and Co. teach A2. By RSX

Chun-Li 101 chun-mvc-fall.gif Coming when someone does it

****Frame data****

I am translating the best that I can since I know how to read the numbers, but some numbers I can't understand. I am gonna try to get someone to help me translate some stuff so I can give all the numbers, for instance, I can read the normals frame data but am not sure about the frame advantage.

Ryu: Uncomplete RSX and Co. teach A2.
Learn Street Fighter Alpha 2! http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162792
This plays when Chuck Norris uses the bathroom

Comments

• str[e]akstr[e]ak Friendly Neighborhood Sneaker Ninja Joined: Posts: 2,794Registered
    when we played last night, i noticed you were using meaty cr.fierce with the shotos a lot.

is meaty cr.fierce their best meaty attack? because i usually use meaty cr.strong.
    The SSFIV: AE Guy Match Up Thread Index:
    http://tinyurl.com/AEGuyMatchUpThread
    I enter tournaments as Real Life Bonus Stage:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/akaRLBS
  • Jimmy BonesJimmy Bones U know the deal gee! Joined: Posts: 1,569Registered
    I saw it coming, HAHA.
    [Online Heero] 1:11 am: jaime sa quon me dit que jsuis bon
    [Jimmy Bones] 1:11 am: looool
    [Jimmy Bones] 1:11 am: javoue c un bon feeling
  • EveryFlowerFlowEveryFlowerFlow I Joined: Posts: 3,067Registered
    How do I beat rose's dumb shit?

I'd give this game a chance if there was a way round not losing 1/3 life while blocking a soul illusion combo
    Nujabes に触発され: Listen to the debut album from Def Jam hip hop composer Prosodi J. On Spotify or at releases.prosodij.co.uk
  • Unknown Joined:
    ^how do you do cheap soul illusion combos?
  • EveryFlowerFlowEveryFlowerFlow I Joined: Posts: 3,067Registered
    I believe anything involving Rh. Spiral while you activate Soul Illusion does massive chip damage, but RSX plays her (probably) so he could set you straight. I do know j.fierce, cr.strong XX Rh spiral does like 50% damage when it hits.
    Nujabes に触発され: Listen to the debut album from Def Jam hip hop composer Prosodi J. On Spotify or at releases.prosodij.co.uk
  • HeaTHeaT mindgames Joined: Posts: 2,951Registered
    i just played against his rose last night...and that block damage made me laugh, shit was nasty...the only thing i can think of is alpha counter, but i cant get them to come out on my shitty stick at all so i couldnt see what happens...

im outi

Roberth
    "sweet scent of revolution in my nostrils, yelling i love life and i dont even pop pills" - Promoe
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 1,256Registered
    This is a great initiative. But besides doing this, it would be great to improve the wiki so everyone can easily access to info of this game.

Quality A2 info is not easy to find.
  • yatesyates RandomDragonPunches Joined: Posts: 57Registered
    Alpha countering that SI block string shit only gets you hurt, most of the time. There a few spaces where an AC will work and be safe, but it's on the last hit of each multi-hitting normal, for the most part.

Beating Rose:

First of all, you have to be aware of the Alpha Counter game. Her punch AC will suck in just about any normal during any part of said normal's hit window (except in a few whacky crossup situations). To beat that, you have a few options. Throw them. Throw their asses to hell and back. Smart Rose players CC/Super you for getting overzealous. So when I say throw the fucking shit out of them, I intend to say that you need to be on point with your reading skills, rather than just recklessly trying to throw. Also, you can Delayed AC Reversal (aka Choiversal) her AC. I would say that her punch AC is the hardest to AC reversal in the game without committing to the move.

Soul Illusion shit. Dude, I see too many people just sitting there and taking it when she activates. Hit her first. Unless you have absolutely no choice. They want to run her Soul Illusion shit? Cool. But at least make it a pain in the ass for them.

Dealing with cr.str: Yeah, this move is a bitch to get past. But that's the problem, you're trying to get past it. You can't. Get over it. Rather, ermmm, under it. The best way to beat cr.str is with a move that goes below it. i.e. Shoto sweep. Most any character has a move that works from some particular spacing with some particular timing to go under cr.str. Alpha Counter works, of course (don't forget that Rose can AC reversal too, though).

If you're a shoto: Most Shotos just rule out fireballs against Rose for some reason. Fuck that. Just don't be predictable, and don't throw stupid fireballs from full screen.

There's obviously more, and I could go on (I could also be less frank) but...honestly, if none of that stuff is helping you out...

PLAY GIEF!

Along with RSX, when I'm around, I'm always down for exchanging ideas, tactics and knowledge. I usually just type lessons to people while I beat them up, though.

"stop jumping at me". "stop trying to alpha counter me". "stop moving and get beat up".

No seriously, we're all nice guys in the A2 room and we like new players.

Oh, btw,

Good Shit RSX! *thumbs up*
    "I'm ALWAYS jacking off on GGPO." - dreamfire -
  • dbostickdbostick probed in hadouken Joined: Posts: 1,012Registered
    All I want to know is: How the hell do you get all 8 hits in Gen's uppercut kick? I know you have to mash the button, unlike in A3, but can you tell me some kind of rhythm?

Is it bada, bap, bap, bap, bap, bap, bap, bap?

Or ba, dapap, bap, bap, bap, bap, bap, bap?

Or just a bunch of baps and less badas and dapaps?

I know in A3, it's ba... da... bap... bap, bap, bap, BAP, BAP!
  • doujinshi_2001doujinshi_2001 Superman That Ho Joined: Posts: 2,418Registered
    ill bap you
    Niggas got carlos canceled two days in a row. - Adam Warlock
    Pokemon Heart Gold: 5242 4130 9548
  • MightyMarMightyMar Why you lose to me? Joined: Posts: 363Registered
    I would like to Learn A2 as well. I will be on later today. I'm trying to build up my level of execution so that its on point (its pretty poo right now). Therefore I'm going to learn Ryu.
    "Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
    "That was the worst strategy ever. Buy an official book!"

Why You Lose To Me?
  • KerseyKersey Cyrax Wins Joined: Posts: 504Registered
    I'm certainly down. I love A2.
  • NeREMIXEDNeREMIXED [S.H.] Joined: Posts: 1,952Registered
    I'd love to learn, cause the game is fun. But it gets real frustrating because it's hard to alpha counter on reaction online.
    www.SkyHighMinds.com
  • azisazis Megaton Puncher Joined: Posts: 249Registered
    Is it bada, bap, bap, bap, bap, bap, bap, bap?

Or ba, dapap, bap, bap, bap, bap, bap, bap?

Actually I heard it was Pon pon pata pon, pata pata pata pon, but faster.

RSX:
    I wanna learn some Rose's SI combos.

Is it possible to finish an easy setup with slide than CC into c.RH to drill and DP?

Tell me some killer combos with her and teach me the basic lvl1 CC.

I also would like to know some pokes and combos with Sagat, including CC.

Here is me playing Sagat, P1: http://www.4shared.com/file/56992188/3d1c2a14/Azis_Vs_Sarda.html

Tell me how to master and improve him, I liked him a lot while playing, and much more after watching a japanese guy playing, but it was so few matches that I learned nothing, just had time to say Oh my G... then he quit.

Thanks in advance.

And guys, lets play more A2, for Christ sake!

• HishamHisham Purple Drank! Joined: Posts: 379Registered
    I'm down to learn how to play A2 better. I normally play Charlie or Ryu/Evil Ryu...

I am okay I think...
    I am the jenga master.
  • DreamfireDreamfire Joined: Posts: 159Registered
    Tell me some killer combos with her and teach me the basic lvl1 CC.

I also would like to know some pokes and combos with Sagat, including CC.

Here is me playing Sagat, P1: http://www.4shared.com/file/56992188/3d1c2a14/Azis_Vs_Sarda.html

Tell me how to master and improve him, I liked him a lot while playing, and much more after watching a japanese guy playing, but it was so few matches that I learned nothing, just had time to say Oh my G... then he quit.

Her basic level 1 CC is just: Activate, sweep, then RH drill twice into her flying grab move (DP+P) It's good to have a nice mix of SI pressure/combos and still do CCs too. You can also do fancy shit like activating SI when you're about to get ticked by Gief's SPD and you won't get grabbed, while being able to follow up with a combo.

As for Sagat...I just mainly use s.mk for a ground poke/far antiair (like full screen jump from a tiger shot), s.fp for a fair antiair, s.rh for a closer antiair, and c.mp for like all purpose ground poke/combo/counterhit/whatever.

His CCs are just: Activate, sweep, RH tiger knee xN, end with fierce DP.
    Antiair CC: Activate, s.jab, RH tiger knee xN, end with fierce DP.
    Little trick most people should know: If you lvl 1 Tiger canon as someone fireballs, it'll hit them even full screen. Ryu can do it to you as well so watch out for that.
    Vs Ken: Try not to tiger shot anywhere near 1/4 screen since he can get a free AC+K on you everytime, really frustrating.

I can post some more later.
    <randomdps> Yes, it's like your characters are walking through a sea of gummy bears
    Darian on how slow A3 is.

<Hakero> fucking brazil is in tropical geography
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Needs more Crisco. Joined: Posts: 3,192Registered
    Ok check this out imma post some A2 info on this board also, Ill be training nicknackfiend and Shodokan123 on ggpo, but Ill answer any questions on here
    Learn Street Fighter Alpha 2! http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162792
    Ill make a rose faq here soon, there is some good stuff on the wiki and ill post my old faqs along with maxstahs. Here is some random stuff:

Unblockables:

After Bison's cc ending in Headstomp, his meaty sweep in unblockable.

I believe after Sim's Air grab super his sweep is unblockable. Also you can do 3 lvl 1 air grabs in a row, after landing 1, immeadiately do another, this will grab them on the ground as long as they dont hit any buttons.

After a sweep with Rose, Activate lvl 1 shadow super and do a meaty df+mk. If done right only the shadows hit which are unblockable and you can tag on a c.mp xx mk drill.

Overheads:
    Sak and birdie have the best ones. Sak can c.lk xx hp dp or super kicks after, birdie can sweep for a knock down

Rose combos:

After any sweep, activate soul illusion and immeadiately do df+mk. The meaty df+mk will be unblockable and allows for a free c.mp xx mk or rh drill.

after a cross up mk, c.mp xx sould illusion, walk forward a little bit, c.hp xx hk drill

Cancel c.mp or s.fp/c.fp into soul illusion, immeadiately activate and combo into cc.

cross up mk, c.mk xx soul illusion, lvl 2 soul spark for heavy damage
    Charlie 101 charlie-noanim-salute.gif
    Posted: 2008-04-03 1:14 AM MDT
    Charlie 101 Oh yeah here we go.

Charlie has an incredibly good defense and offense. He has alot of good thing going for him and a few bad, so we will start there.

Pros:

AA monster, high priority normals for anti-air (s.mp, s.mk, s.hk) as well as lk flash kick which beats anything and his AA cc.

Great projectile, though its not as good as guile's in other games, not giving frame advantage like guile really, but come out fast and has good speed and trajectory and does allow for combos when thrown from afar.

C.mk is universal poke with far range and is really annoying

Cons:

Easy as hell to cc thru his AAs, and due to him being so solid, alot of people will try jump-in cc.

Outside c.mk his normals are so-so, f+fp is so slow, and other normals are more for AA.

ACs arent all that great with them being slow and sometimes missing.

CC isnt damaging like other characters.

****Normals Breakdown:

STANDING

s.lp- Just a normal standing lp, nothing too special about this, can AA sometimes and you can s.lp walking pressure on whoever cant duck this.

s.mp- A really good anti air, he does a quick uppercut. Cancel this ino a sonic boom to keep up pressure. I usually cancel into a lp boom if I AA with this.

s.fp- I straight punch that I havent really found much use for.

s.lk- A quick kick to the shin, I use this rarely, seems to have decent priority but no range :(.

s.mk- Another great anit air when your opponent jumps in fram afar, such as Sagat jumping in with rh. Can cancel into specials.

s.hk- Ugly angled kick which is good or anti-air, same uses as s.mk with a little more power behind it.

CROUCHING

c.lp- This is your combo starter. Combo's easily into sonic booms, flash kicks, supers.

c.mp- Limited anti air ability, better to stick with your other choices IMO. Good to cancel into sonic boom for pressure or use in combos. Seems to have ok priority, seems slow to me compared to other characters c.mp's.

c.fp- Probably top ten useless normals in A2. Looks like Guile's godly c.fp from other games but gets beat by everything. I fucking hate this move.

c.lk- I like this normal, cancels easily into booms and supers. Decent range, I like to walk up and poke with this.

c.mk- His best ground all-purpose poke. Great range, speed, hits low, and has great recovery. Quite annoying when playing a Charlie player because this move can very effectively keep you out due to its range. Seems to leave you on even frames, maybe very slight frame advantage.

c.rh- Eh. This move doesnt really suck but really isnt great. Slow coming out and heavy recovery. I really dont use this at all, unless Someone whiffs a dp, etc from afar.

JUMPING

j.hp- This move is dope, hella priority, speed, and if done close you get the throw. Best air-to-air period.

j.mk- GREAT range on this jump in and pimp cross up, use to punish fireballers, and dont swing if you think a dp is comin, cc their ass on recovery. great jump-in.

j.hk- Great jump-in too, good priority and awesome angle.

SPECIAL

f or b+hk- This is his foward moving hop kick. Good range, but slow in this game. Very useful for moving forward after a sonic boom.

f or b+mk- Slow ass overhead which im pretty sure leaves you at neg frames. Use at MAX distance to be safe, I usually will do it after a boom.

f+fp- This normal is best used as a anti-jump. Good in the corner when doing soni boom pressure, toss is out it you think they will jump and it will it them :).

****Specials Breakdown:

Sonic Boom:

The best fireball in terms of release speed and recovery, and a key part of zoning and pressure with Charlie. This is very hard to punish and with good charging techniques you can keep up a while vs ryu's. This isnt as good as later games since point blank it doesnt leave you with much if any frame advantage, but still allows combos from certain ranges.

Flash Kick:

Probably the best AA in the game, easily beating jumps in with the lk version, and easily beating ground moves with mk version.

****Supers:

Sonic Break:
    Very useful super since it seems he first sonic boom comes out no matter what which ean at worst it will trade making it very reliable AA. As far as chip goes I would just cc. Good to push opponent back, can delay booms by spacing punch input. Good AA, but i would cc instead.

Sonic Blitz:
    This is the super you want to combo into, decent damage and combos off light attacks at any lvl, safe on block.

Somersault Justice:
    Better in A3. When comboed you usually miss hits making it weaker to combo into than Blitz after a cross up, but looks better. Unless going for chip or style points, stay away from this super unless comboing from a jump in (Which gets all the hits).

****Custom Combos:
    Oh yeah, CCs, another reason this fucker is annoying. And if they block your cc, or you can see they will, dont fucking flash kick! Sonic boom, its safe. Note that his cc leave him in prefect cross-up position.

Lvl 1:

c.rh xx lk flash kick, hp sonic boom xx hk flash kick
    c.rh xx hk flash kick x2

For chip and/or block:

This CC is really good because you can walk behind these unlike other chip ccs. Walk behind these and go for a counter hit, overhead, or throw. Make sure to start out with c.rh, cause if they do get hit they get juggled.

c.rh xx lp sonic boom x4

Lvl 2:

c.rh xx hk flash kick x 3

Lvl 3:

c.rh xx lk flash kick x3, mk flash kick, hk flash kick
    c.rh xx lk flash kick, hk flash kick x3

****Anti-Air Custom Combos****

Now these are very important, specifically to punish people who look to jump after a sonic boom, also allow you to walk after a boom and punish hard, since they arent worried about a charged flash kick. Now in most cases they can jump to where if you try to AA you will get beat, mainly wen theyare looking to jump immeadiately after a boom. That when you hit'em with AA cc.

Activate:

s.mp if they ae higher up(into any lvl ground cc)
    c.lp if they are lower to the ground (into any ground cc)

Now hit them with this a couple times and Im sure they will think twice about jumping >_<.

*^*^*^*^CHARGE TECHNIQUES^*^*^*^*

This section is important to learn fo any SF game, if you use a charge character. This is quick charging, the most effective way to maximie your charge time. Perform every sonic boom in this way:

charge b-f-b+p

Instead of the normal motion you execute the sonic boom ending in back+punch. This allows you to start harging for the next boom immeadiately after throwing he next one.

Sonic boom, SOMERSAULT!!!

This way of performing a sonic boom allows for the execution of a flash kick about a tenth of a second later after throwing the boom. You can actually flash kick while the boom is on screen. Perform it in this way:

charge b-f-b-db-d-df+lp

So after charging you go foward, back, then roll to down foward+lp. Hit up and kick a tenth of a second later and a flash kick will come out. neat huh?

******Play Style******

Charlie can be played aggressively or defensively, 99% of the players you see will be the latter. Though Charlie can be very effecive defensively, a well rounded player will learn how to use both, thus making it harder to adjust to your play style. Some players are mostly offensive (S4v is an example) while some can go hardcore turtle (Me, guilty). But the problem with that is if you cant play him both ways you are bound to run into some problems. So best to try to balance both.

Patternizing: A no-no

Alot of Charlie players I notcied will patternize a hell of alot more than with other characters. 80-90% of them will boom after a c.mk. Dont do that shit. Mix up your poke string as well as you can, other wise you are gonna get countered easily. Ever play someone and kick their ass, but about 3-4 matches down the road you are having a hard time or losing? You are probably doing alot of patterns they caught on to. Like in the corner, you throw a sonic boom, most people follo up with a c.mk or c.rh. They almost always do. They other options they had were:

1. Throw another sonic boom
    2. nothing, punish jump attempt or cc a dp atempt
    3. walk up throw
    4. f+fp to punish jumpers
    5. Jump-in and start another poke string.
    6. f+rh to punish mashers

Now the situation is gonna dictate the action, but its better than just c.mk or c.rh. You are just gonna get AC'd. Mix it up.

******Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom, *pause* Sonic boom...******

Using the quick charge technique explained earlier, this ca be very effective versus some characters. As soon as they block a boom throw another one, use different speeds. Just keept booming as fast as possible, you are doing it right if as soon as a sonic boom is blocked, one is coming out. this builds meter very quickly and can force your opponent to jump, eating a CC. When they get jump happy, ocassionally pause, if they jump, CC, normal AA, or Flash kick. Rinse repeat.

******Counter CC******

Now like I mentioned earlier about jump in cc's, Charlie get that done alot to him because his solid ground game. If you suspect your opponent plans on this, or patternizes by always doing this, save your cc to counter CC, free damage for you. Some matches I would just sit back and boom and just wait for the cc to counter it.

General Combo's^*^*^*^

All these can be done after a cross up mk:

c.lp x2, c.lk xx sonic boom
    c.lp, c.lk xx mk flash kick
    c.lp x2, c.lk xx any lvl Sonic Blitz (or Somersualt Justice)

Comboing into super is real good with charlie, dont save it for cc, the damage is the same or more.

Corner combos coming to a FAQ near you!
  • oDaSoDaS Joined: Posts: 584
    i vote RSX for wiki
    Sodom 101 sodom-ou.gif

Sodom is fun, and not enough people use him IMO, probably cause you have to work to win :D. His CC is dope (sorta) and he has decent pokes. Along with good specials, Sodom is well rounded for the most part. Be advised I dont claim to be a Sodom expert, but I think mine is decent :D. Anyway feel free to add any knowledge to this intro duction to Sodom, cause I am not all knowing. So if this ends up like a scrubby gamefaq I blame BBH, just cause I can, lol. If you dont know the terms used in here, sorry Im too lazy to make a legend. Terrible format, but the info is there lol, just read everything. Btw, in the normals section I actually say what they are good for, not just describing looks, so dont skip it. I suck at this.

Normals breakdown (they are all the same, close or far)!!!!

s.lp- I dont use it really, just seems like a normal lp to me.
    c.lp- Eh, dont use this much, c.lk is better just cause it hits low.
    j.lp- This has good vertical range, but I havent had much use for it, doesnt seem to have good priority either.

s.mp- This is a decent normal, mainly cause it gives frame advantage. Ugly looking though.
    c.mp- A wierd attack, Ive had alot of luck using this as a distance AA vs characters. Either that or everytime I used it they didnt attack.
    j.mp- same as j.lp but more damage.

s.hp- Stabs high with both weapons, good damage. Whiffs vs most the cast, very helpful to zone characters that cant duck it. Use that shit vs gief and sagat, good to hit fireballs too.
    c.hp- Uppercuts. Decent AA, but not the greatest, will get beat by early jump-ins or chun (whore)
    j.hp- Slashes downward with both weapons. I love this move, good air-to-air, good to hit fibeballers, I would love to see the hitbox on this thing. Jump back hp is dope.

s.lk- Gay ass looking kick to the shin, can walk up and repeatedly do these, but not to much if they have meter, seems to give some frame advantage.
    c.lk- Little kick to the foot, ok range. This is what I use to combo after a meaty.
    j.lk- I use this a bit, good vertical range and priority, I just dont use too much because people like to mash throw. BUT as a CROSSUP, its awesome.

s.mk- I love this, straight kick that beats alot of shit, good poke, decent range, cancellable too. Best whiff punisher, s.mk xx hp slash.
    c.mk- Bleh slow, cant cancel. All this has going for it is that it hit low. I dont like it.
    j.mk- I believe same as j.lk, I dont use it.

s.hk- Decent poke, good range, but slow, you gonna get that ass CC'd if you whiff. Kick straight out while moving forward slightly.
    c.hk- Use wrong, this move will get you killed. Straight up free CC, sweep, etc if not used right. This move is safe when use as anti-air, though alot of times it gets blocked, but you are safe. Goes under fireballs, which is its best use. Use with caution, is a good move though.
    j.hk- Dropkick bitches. Good air-to-air and god priority, overall a good move, but had the same problem as gief, if you use it to punish a fireball, you might get hit in the head with it.

MEATIES!!!!!
    s.mk is his best simply because it has alot of hit frames, and if you mess up, you are safe. If hit super meaty, you can link a c.fp into combo finisher of choice, I would do qcf+lp, cause if you mess up you are safe. Other than that c.lk xx qcf+hp is your best bet.

c.mk is a decent meaty cause it hits low, but all you can get off is c.lk xx hp slash, but the link is so so, have to be sorta precise.

s.mp doesnt have too many hit frames, but if you mess the meaty up, you still have enough frame advantage to link c.lk xx hp slash, meaty or not.

meaty qcf+p, cc setup, safe if blocked or hit, cant combo after, but beats wake up cc blowout attemps.

s.hk is a meaty but you get pushed to far away to link anything, if you even could. But it is a meaty.

Specials!!!!!!!!
    qcf+lp slash- Used right, this bitch is annoying. No one can duck it and is safe on block at any distance.

Ok this move is dope, combos from s.mk or c.hp. Completely safe. Hell do point blank and block, they cant cc you. When distance right, you can sweep if you they fireball, do it again, jump up, etc, play with there head. Ive done this move like 5 times in a row csuse i had people scared to hit me. Once they get hesistant, you can even go for a grab super, if in range, and it is only escapable by dp/cc. Since this game allows you to grab jumps (gay).

This is his best move, with good priority. The move sets up his ac and supers perfectly. There are alot of things he can do after this is hit or blocked.

1. Wait to see it they jump, then mp scrape AA

2. Slide if expecting a fireball

3. 720 grab super, make sure they have no meter cause this can be ccd

4. Scrape super to punish jumpers for 2-3 hits juggle, and safe on block

5. another lp scrape

6. jump in fp

qcf+mp slash- Use when you believe someone will jump, risky though, because most characters can crouch this shit. I have not ever been punished when this was blocked, they tried though. Characters who cant duck this have a very hard time (Gief, sagat), because it will catch their jump. Used right you can lock them down. Use this instead of qcf+lp if they cant duck it. NOTE: If done too close it can be punished by cc, but it is safe 99% of the time.

qcf+hp slash- This move is good in far combo cause it knocks down. Always follow up with sweep, in case they safe roll. Beware, if blocked, free CC or combo.

360+punch grab- Yay, I love this move. Cancels and grabs form s.mk at any range in corner. Midscreen, point blank s.mk, c.lk xx 360 will grab.

Set-ups ( what I do)!!!!!

*****Corner******
    1.Meaty s.mk, c.lk xx 360+lp
    A.s.lk, s.mk xx 360+lp
    B.walking s.lks, cancel into 360+lp
    C.jump up, j.hp xx 360+lp

*****Midscreen*****
    1.Any tick into 360, qcf+hp to get close, grab on wake-up with 360+lp
    2.Any tick into 360, qcf+hp to get close, s.mk xx qcf+lp

You can mix it up however you want, just make sure they dont see the grab coming. Also if meaty s.mk hits, link c.lk xx qcf+hp.

360+kick RUGBURN!!!- This is what yo want to combo into, cause it hurts. Alot. Crazy priority, will grab any limb, even sims from fullscreen, Also grabs yoga flames lol. Combos only off a c.hp midscreen, s.mk in corner will work. This is his cc ender. If blocked you aare fucked :D.

j.hp, c.hp cc 360+hk is the only combo you should be doing if the opponent is dizzy.

DP+k Counter- Also known as the move you use to get kicked in the face. Dont use it. Just dont.

qcd+hk safe roll- good to use time from time, can be thrown. 3 hits and safe on block.
    *****ACS*****
    qcd+p- Its basically his qcf+mk. Use only vs jump ins and fireballs, good ac.
    qcd+k- His sweep, good for ground moves.

*****Throws*****
    f+hp- He tosses you way up and away, fllow up with hp slash to get close if not teched.
    f+hk- He tosses you low, can juggle with any lvl super, stick to lvl 1. You miss alot of hits at higher lvls and its a waste of meter. Good to kill off a mofo. Lvl 1 juggle for two hits, all on some (Bison)

Supers!!!!!
    qcf x2 +p- Combos at all level from any cancellable normal. Not the greatest super but I do combo off of a crossup, c.fp xx super, because its gets all hits. Safe if blocked, but comboed from a distance isnt too wise cause the last hit usually misses.

720+p- His grab super, best bet is j.hp then super, or meaty s.mk, super, but escapable by CC/dp. Not consistent tho, sometime they can just jump. Wierd.

*****Knock'em down, keep'em down*****
    Thats the rule of thumb, Sodom has a hard time getting to people, so when you got them down keep'em there. Sodom is good vs a cornered opponent. Several thing you can do after a knockdown:

-meaty attack into 360 tick (stated above in 360 section)
    -throw
    -jump up, do nothing, throw
    -go for a meaty combo ex. s.mk, c.lk xx hp slash
    -jump up come down with fp, tick into super/360
    -jump up, come down with hp, 360+lp
    -walking lks into hp throw
    -meaty s.mk, s.mk xx 360+lp
    -walking lks, s.mk xx 360+lp
    -meaty s.mk, walk up throw
    -block if you think they will cc
    You will stay in the corner after a 360 ticks, then mix up again with the above options.

-walking lks, s.mk xx qcf+lp which leads toooooooo:

1. Another qcf+lp
    2. If you have opponent hesitant to attack 360/720 (if in distance)
    3. qcf+mp if you think they will jump, (knocks down, refer to knockdowns)
    4. jump in fp
    5. Super if the chip/trade will kill them
    6. c.rh if in c.rh sweet spot
    7. do nothing to bait cc, AC

*****CCs*****
    Unfortunately, his good cc is if they are standing, so blow out ccs are great. Crouching opponents suck. gotta be precise.

*****Standing*****

http://ggpo.net/dojo/replays/watch/777717/

Lvl 1 c.mk xx qcf++mp x2, c.hp xx 360+hk

This cc does about 45%, which is awesome for a lvl one. Higher lvls just add more qcf+mps, end with c.hp xx 360+hk for max damage. I think lvl 3 you can get 7 slashes.

*****Crouching*****
    This sucks, because all you can use is qcf+lp, which at lvl one is fine, because you can:

c.mk, qcf+lp, qcf+lp, 360+hk

Actually i been messing around a bit and for most cases you can just qcf+lp, end with 360+hk. No c.hp though, you will be too far. You CAN combo into his 360+p grab, but it does less than the combos above.

.....but at higher levels (depending on distance) you get pushed away, so you have to trip and juggle with hp slash, which sucks, or you can mash random shit, then 360+hk to end. I usually have them standing, so idk lol.

*****AA CC*****
    activate, c.hp, then start juggling with qcf+mp or hp.

Ive had limited success with s.lp into mp scrapes

I'll add more as time goes on, this is just basic shit, feel free to add info or tell me I suck, either or is fine.

*****Taunt CC******
    End any CC with qcf+hp, and then hit taunt.

Ex. lvl 1 activate c.mk xxqcf+hp xx taunt
    Um yeah so, E. Ryu 101. ryu-evil-immortal.gif

Evil Ryu is fun to use, IMO better than good ol' Ryu though no one will agree with me.

****Differences from Ryu:

Multihit Dragon Punch: This sucks IMO. Why? Cause the fp version hits anything but wont knock down unless close, leaving you open to get your ass kicked. Lp version is one hit, good for anti-air but low attacks beat it clean.

Hurricane Kick: They all knockdown now doing 1, 2, or 3 hits depending on strength.

Teleport: Pretty dope to have, allows for some nice set-ups or just to get the hell out of dodge on wake-up.

Juggle ability: This is nice to have, thing like sweep xx hurricane juggle.

Supers: Though supers play a minimum role in SFA2, he gets Akuma's uppercut super, a welcome addition to his arsenal, hurts too.

Infinite Blowout CC: At any range your opponent will get blown back by CC. This is too good, allows you to cc thru any pokes string, things like rolento's walking jabs etc, as well as combo into cc off mp, jabs etc. To see how good this is have E. Ryu be full screen away and have rolento slide, he will et blown back. You can reversal wake-up with out any fear of being stuffed. Only specials move will not get blown back, to include supers.

Life: Sucks ass.

Dizzy: Happens fast.

Though Im not sure, his f+mk seems better to me.

****Normals Breakdown:

Standing:

Lp- Quick jab, with small frames advantage, you can walk and do these on any opponent that can't crouch them.

Mp- Quick one arm uppercut, good anti-air and cancelable to a special move.

Hp- Straight punch which can be used as anti-air in some instances, and stop hurricane kicks etc. Not cancelable.

Lk- Good ranged kick to the shin, cancelable, good priority and range.

Mk- Ugly axe kick which can be used as a anti-crossup.

Hk- A roundhouse kick to the face. Good meaty to whoever cant crouch it, gives hella frame advantage, but despite look isnt a anti-air.

Crouching:

Lp- Little jab to the shin, not really all that great range wise.

Mp- A straight punch with good priority and frame advantage, cancelable.

Hp- Uppercut, probably one of the best normal anti-airs in the game. Also this is a super meaty, allowing link after ward.

Lk- Quick kick to the foot, combo starter, cancelable

Mk- A good reaching low kick, probably overall bset poke, gives frame advantage, awesome meaty, and cancelable.

Hk- A really good sweep with good range, usually a poke string ender. Note that if not cancelled its a free cc on you, and if you cancel into a hadouken, free cc on you if your opponent has a lvl 3.

Jumping:

Mp- A two-hit upward punch in the air, use to juggle after a connecting air hurricane kick on a grounded opponent.

Hp- A fist to the face >_<. Good jump in with good priority, especially when done early.

Mk- His cross-up, self-explanatory.

Hk- Best when used when jumping from far away, good priority.

****MEATIES!!!

These are important because if make it alot more difficult for your opponent to do wake-up reversals on you, and allow link not normally possible.

c.fp- this is a real good one allowing comboing of a cc, c.mk, or c.rh.
    c.mk- really good since its a low hit, can link c.lk, c.rh, or cc.
    s.mp- this one allows you to easily connect a c.mk or c.rh
    s.rh- this only works on certain character but gives alot of frame advantage, enough to link a c.rh.

****Specials Breakdown:

Hadouken:

A fireball. His best poke, good release speed and damage. Throw a hell of alot of these but be smart with it. Throwing smart fireballs will annoy your opponent, just tossing them out will get you killed.

Hurricane kick:

Used for mobility and to punish fireballers, use lk version to pass fireballs when you cant use hk version to hit opponent. Can be done in the air and has annoyingly great priority, also if connected against a grounded opponent allows for a j.mp juggle. Punish whiffs from afar with c.hk xx hk hurricane. Air version decent vs fireballers.

Dragon Punch:

His invincible anti-air. Lp and mp versions seem to have no lower invincibility, only being useful up close. At best you might trade with a low hit, which Ive only done with Ken. Dp's on the ground tend to suck in A2 and this being multi-hit isnt reliable, best bet is to used as a anti-air or wake-up when opponent is right on you.

Teleport:

Completely invincible from the start but vunerable at the end, good to avoid chip ccs, or use as wake-up. Useful in blocked cc.

Supers:

Shinku Hadouken:

Only real use is to blow thru fireballs, sucks as a AA, and you have better choices anyway. Can combo off light attacks. Lvl 1 does does not knock down, and if to close can be hit.

Hurricane Kick:

Probably the best wake-up super in the game, best used defensively than offensively. Completely safe on block, good chip damage, and good damage. Good anti-cross up when knocked down.

Shoryu-reppa:

Range is bad, but this thing hurts. Combo 2 point blank lks.

Raging Demon:

Horrible in this game, you can be point blank and they can jump, no invincibility so gets stuffed if a move is out. Go for it at your own risk, definite style points if you land it.

****Play Style:

I like to zone with ryu, fireball away, build meter, cc for chip whatever. E. Ryu is scary cause its hard to rush him when he has meter, after a few eaten ccs your opponent wont rush you so much. This is in you favor since his fireball is so good. Some matches I burn a lvl 1 cc as soon as I get it just to push them back or do some mix up, which is effective to an extent. AC's hurt E. Ryu, but you can also do his cc mix-up to bait it out. If you are getting rushed, no other super should be used other than hurricane kick super for wake up, or cc.

Lvl 1 cc mix-up:

Activate, 4 lp fireballs, PPP teleport

Now this put you in a shield of Fireballs, the teleport instantly recovers in cc, and if your opponent is blocking this you can:

1. Throw them, you can actually throw then in between fireball hits.
    2. Overhead, depend when you hit this you can sometimes combo after due to the fireballs hitting.
    3. Nothing, let them AC and block, they just wasted some meter.

What to do it you hit them with blowout:

Well if within or a little outside sweep range go for his cc:

c.rh xx lk hurricane xN, fp dp

UPDATED: Better Customs at lvl 3

1. c.rh xx lk hurricane x3, fp dp x2
    2. c.rh xx lk hurricane x2, lp dp, lp dp, hp dp
    3. c.rh xx lk hurricane x3, hp fireball x4, hp dp
    4. c.rh xx hp dp, hp dp, lp dp, hp dp.

Neat lvl 1:

1. s.mp xN xx lp dp, lk hurricane, lp dp

Note in CC mode E. Ryu's specials are like regular Ryu's.

Now thats not it. Due to infinite blowout E. Ryu can COMBO into CC. How? Here's How:

c.mp
    meaty c.fp
    meaty c.fp
    c.lp
    any jump in

Activating after any of these let to continue to combo in CC, starting with a c.rh.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

Tired of people jumping on you, well then just anti-air cc. Shoto's have probably the best AA ccs. If no cc is available, used c.fp or s.mp (cancel into hurricane to move close or hadouken to push back). S.mk works as a anti-cross up.

Activate, s.mp xx lk hurricane xN, fp dp

Now if they jump from afar...

Activate, s.fp xx rh hurricane, fp dp

Congrats! You just made you opponent think twice about jumping on you which leads to more hadouken and cc mix-up fun! This is just a quick overview if you have any in depth question feel free to ask.

Also vs fireballers, if you hit a air hurricane kick...

immeadiately jump activate, j.mp xx hurricane, land, continue hurricane kick juggle, end with fp dp.

****Hadouken Knockdown

After a c.mk xx fireball knockdown, hold uf, j.lk at the last second. Its a safe jump in and if it hits go into c.lk x2 fireball. Alot of times they try to throw which leads to c.lk x2 xx fireball another knockdown into the same situation. Repeat til j.lk and c.lk is blocked.

From the blocked c.lk, go for throw, or c.mk xx fireball if you think they expected your throw attempt. If they jump at you when you have meter, cc them with s.mp/c.mp xx lk hurricanes xN, end with hp dp. If they jump from afar, actiavte, s.fp xx hk hurricane into lk hurricanes, end with dp.

C.fp is one of the best meaties and if it hits you can link a c.mk or sweep, if blocked walk forward and throw, or go for a counter hit. S.mk is a really good anti cross up, hitting instantly above his head.

****COMBOS!!!!
    (next to opponent standing)
    c.mk (or c.lk x2) xx lk hurricane, fp dp

(standing or crouching)
    c.fp xx hadouken
    c.fp xx hk hurricane (hurts sagat bad)
    c.lk x2 xx any lvl shoryureppa
    c.lk x3 xx any lvl shinku hadouken
    Endy22's Evil Ryu combo exhibition (Thx for the link endy!)

Full video transcipt coming soon.
    How do I beat rose's dumb shit?

I'd give this game a chance if there was a way round not losing 1/3 life while blocking a soul illusion combo

Easy, block it then cc her ass, never ac it til the drill stops because Ive seen it trade for 40% life.
    str[e]ak wrote: »
    when we played last night, i noticed you were using meaty cr.fierce with the shotos a lot.

is meaty cr.fierce their best meaty attack? because i usually use meaty cr.strong.

C.fp is as meaty as it gets, roses is good too. Their best meaty is c.mk cause you can combo after and it hits low. C.fp gives the most frame advantage, allowing a sweep to combo.
  • doujinshi_2001doujinshi_2001 Superman That Ho Joined: Posts: 2,418Registered
    ill (attempt) to do one for rolento

anyone interested?
    Niggas got carlos canceled two days in a row. - Adam Warlock
    Pokemon Heart Gold: 5242 4130 9548
    Also Ill start filling out all the wikis one by one with what I know, seen, do.
  • Unknown Joined:
    Hey RSX,
    just had a quick question about activations in general. Could u maybe run down some of the best situations to activate a cc? I used to play this game a lot when ggpo first came out but I'm still a big scrub =), so any help is appreciated.
    There are plenty of situations to do it.

1. Blow thru tick throws
    2. Blow thru fireballs
    3. Anti-air
    4. save yourself from chip death from super
    5. Punish at laggy move/super
    6. Go for a valle cc if you see them standing
    7. Empty jump cc for a free valle cc

AND THE BIGGEST REASON TO CC....

8. Counter CC

CCs are not guaranteed if you didnt do anything and are just standing etc, you can always cc back, I have about 70% success rate with counters cc. So if you are about to die to a valle cc, you can counter cc them right back. I won and lost matches cause of this.

Note that usually you need a lvl 2/3 to blast thru fireballs but can stop super sat lvl 1. A good example is vs ryus super hurricane. They try to chip me to death and i just activate cc, even at lvl 1 will beat it or vs adons super jag kick you can do the same thing. If you have a lvl 3 and they try to c.rh xx fireball with a shoto you can just cc thru the fireball. Some characters like guy and adon can even hit shotos back if you block their fireball cause they have long limbs (Guy's s.mk, adons s.rh)
  • Unknown Joined:
    Valle cc is when u activate and get a free sweep if your opponent is standing right? Anyway thanks for the tips ill def. be around to play more often.
    Yup thats the valle cc, any low hit works.
  • KerseyKersey Cyrax Wins Joined: Posts: 504Registered
    Wow, I never see counter CC in this game. I didn't even know you could do that, thats awesome.