"Get Ready...Survive!" The New Garou: Mark of the Wolves Thread

Comments

• RagingStormXRagingStormX Needs more Crisco. Joined: Posts: 3,192Registered
    Imma start practicing this shit this weekend, Ive always wanted to pick this up.
    Learn Street Fighter Alpha 2! http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162792
    This plays when Chuck Norris uses the bathroom
  • NocturnalNocturnal SNK Supporter Joined: Posts: 2,957Registered, Moderators
    Amazing! There were a lot of Swedes playing MOTW for a while but most of them have started playing other games, although there are a few of us still playing this game as our main game. Actually I'm playing Sweden's best player today, wish me luck!

Are you going to write upp all the character info's yourself Nocturnal or do you need some help? I know basically everything about Kevin, I guess I could give you a hand with that part... (Edit: Although Giby might be better to talk to when it comes to Kev)

Oh and what's happened with the Howard Arena ranbats? Haven't seen one in a while...

Eventually I'll have write ups for all the characters but any help is more than welcomed. If you happen to miss on something I'll just add to your post on it. They stopped doing the specific Garou Ranbats from Howard Arena but a lot of the same players go to the other tournaments also. I'm actually about to upload another tournament here in a few mins so stay tuned for that.
    back when i played this game competetivelly was back in 99 till maybe 01. ive gotten pretty bad with the game not playing it for a couple a years. maybe its just the kb instead of a stick or pad.

also, cancel the overheads. the jumping ones? perhaps the kims with their d+K moves or b+B or D was it? or was it C? and jenet with her d+K move? also, tizocs dp+A isnt cancelable after a small jump is it? if so then its probably even possible after the overhead. got me interrested again. incredible of fast you lose your skill when you dont play this game, exactly like TS.

The Kim bros cannot cancel their :snka: + :snkb: low dodge attack with :d: + :snkb:/:snkd:. I already made a list of characters who can cancel their low dodge attack overheads. Yes you can do Tizoc's air grab off a small jump as well. It just tends to be tricky sometimes since the motion has to start from down when doing the air grab motion. His :dp: + :snka: is a ground move only unless you meant doing the motion while small jumping. If you meant that then yes you can do motion as your small jumping/jump/dashing/etc. since motion storing is in this game.
    http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

"Playin kof" - deadly_magneto aka Pignuttz
  • Diet SNK With LimeDiet SNK With Lime BUTTxROCK Joined: Posts: 236Registered
    Noc et al, when Im comboing and the opp. enters TOP midway, it screws with my timing and I lose the combo. My question is, can I anticipate this and correct my timing or is activating TOP a free escape from combos? Its pretty hard to test this out myself.
  • ArsenalArsenal Not even close Joined: Posts: 4,168Registered
    I think that's a DC bug. That is not present on the PS2 version.
    Noc et al, when Im comboing and the opp. enters TOP midway, it screws with my timing and I lose the combo. My question is, can I anticipate this and correct my timing or is activating TOP a free escape from combos? Its pretty hard to test this out myself.

The TOP mode does pause the game but you can either do inputs during the TOP activation or after as well. It just takes some adjusting but it can be a pain sometimes. Best thing to do is pay attention to their life bar so you can anticipate when they will go into TOP mode.
    I think that's a DC bug. That is not present on the PS2 version.

It's in all the versions, reason the PS2 version isn't as bad is because it runs the game a bit faster than the MVS/AES versions.

Thanks. Im playing on a legit MVS for the record. I figure I'll be on 2df in a week or two, I need something better than the EX2 for my PC.
  • Jimmy BonesJimmy Bones U know the deal gee! Joined: Posts: 1,569Registered
    Nice thread, Noc, im going to start playing right now. When i'll know who's my main char, i'll be back for some questions.
    [Online Heero] 1:11 am: jaime sa quon me dit que jsuis bon
    [Jimmy Bones] 1:11 am: looool
    [Jimmy Bones] 1:11 am: javoue c un bon feeling
  • Stuart HaydenStuart Hayden Outspoken User. Joined: Posts: 11,639Registered
    Holy shit wow, Nocturnal. This thread is beast.
    R.I.P Seth Michael Hayden
    R.I.P Troy Lane Rogers

Fuck Dan Marino
    Fuck $RK

www.breakdancingrobot.com
  • Festival6667Festival6667 iTowerBridge Joined: Posts: 509Registered
    Hey Noc, good first post, so pleased to see you guys still keep the fire burning (next time I go to SoCal I'll really have to play you !). I have a kind of bitching correction for you though. If I read correctly you said only Jenet and Hoku could cancel their backdash.

Though it's totally true strictly speaking, I have to kinda disagree since Jae has a similar cancel. He can cancel his command backdash (:l::l:+:snkb:) into any special/super/TOP and it also looks the same as a normal backdash cancel (but you know all that). It's not a mandatory correction but I felt it was worth mentioning since it can be pretty handy.
    Don't ever come to me via PM after making a retarded thread crying about how people flamed you. --SK
    Hey Noc, good first post, so pleased to see you guys still keep the fire burning (next time I go to SoCal I'll really have to play you !). I have a kind of bitching correction for you though. If I read correctly you said only Jenet and Hoku could cancel their backdash.

Though it's totally true strictly speaking, I have to kinda disagree since Jae has a similar cancel. He can cancel his command backdash (:l::l:+:snkb:) into any special/super/TOP and it also looks the same as a normal backdash cancel (but you know all that). It's not a mandatory correction but I felt it was worth mentioning since it can be pretty handy.

I was going to post that but that is an actual special move he has to backdash to do. Jenet/Hoku can do their specials without backdashing at any time Jae can only do that move during the backdash.

• Alternate275Alternate275 ★TOURNEY HOST★ Joined: Posts: 1,024Registered
    I was going to post that but that is an actual special move he has to backdash to do. Jenet/Hoku can do their specials without backdashing at any time Jae can only do that move during the backdash.

Jae's backdash+B makes for a nice retaliation against some jump ins =P
    "Proud representative & overseer of Crew Round 2" :D
    PSN: CR2_Alternate | XBL: DRS Alternate | Skype: Alternate275
    King of Fighter XIII | Persona 4 Arena | SSFIV Arcade Edition 2012 | Guilty Gear Accent Core +R | Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • OverworldOverworld Low Tier Joined: Posts: 1,594Registered
    If I could rep you I could, I've begun messing around with this game and trying to find who I am going to main. Thanks for the info Noc!
    If I could rep you I could, I've begun messing around with this game and trying to find who I am going to main. Thanks for the info Noc!

Glad to see more people messing around with this game <3
    King of Fighter XIII | Persona 4 Arena | SSFIV Arcade Edition 2012 | Guilty Gear Accent Core +R | Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    New TRF Garou Tournament matches located here:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=5218463&postcount=280

Enjoy.

• 4Play4Play Galactic Asshole Joined: Posts: 1,535Registered
    You the man Nocturnal. Subscribed.
    SRK: 4Play(main), redpremium.
  • Festival6667Festival6667 iTowerBridge Joined: Posts: 509Registered
    Jae's backdash+B makes for a nice retaliation against some jump ins =P
    Actually I think :l::l:+:snkb: xx :qcb:+:snkb: is even better against jump-ins

...or even against the beginning of a rushdown though it can be quite predictable. Yet you can you can mix it up a bit to keep it effective against rushdown. But then again :qcf:+:snka:/:snkc: has upper-body guard and is delayable, not to mention that :l::l:+:snkb: xx :qcf::qcf:+:b: is very good too since the super has very little startup.
    Don't ever come to me via PM after making a retarded thread crying about how people flamed you. --SK
    Actually I think :l::l:+:snkb: xx :qcb:+:snkb: is even better against jump-ins

...or even against the beginning of a rushdown though it can be quite predictable. Yet you can you can mix it up a bit to keep it effective against rushdown. But then again :qcf:+:snka:/:snkc: has upper-body guard and is delayable, not to mention that :l::l:+:snkb: xx :qcf::qcf:+:b: is very good too since the super has very little startup.

Noted, thanks much =3
  • MUSOLINIMUSOLINI Joined: Posts: 1,533
    1 quick q.

just how much priority does tizocs air grab have? could you use it as an anti air? sorta like A+B into QCF+A? or small jump into QCF+A? just curious.
    Shells in the mouth, jailhouse snitch
    My powder voice, Snow White stiff
    Verbal killas, gorilla grip
    God body shit, puff Marley spliffs
  • AnakronAnakron Alpha Male Joined: Posts: 2,383Registered
    1 quick q.

just how much priority does tizocs air grab have? could you use it as an anti air? sorta like A+B into QCF+A? or small jump into QCF+A? just curious.

It could double as an anti-air but it's best to set it up. You can a block string into it. Tizoc has alot of setups for his command grabs, which makes him really beast.
    #SNKPlaymore on efnet
    isn't it funny that capcom put a mechanic called focus into a game designed for people with ADD
    1 quick q.

It's a decent air grab but you can JD it or even trade hits with it. It's usually better to hit confirm into it in the air with jump :snka:/:snkb:. Mainly because if the person JDs any of those jump normals they might not expect the follow up air grab. It does connect this way without a counter hit and really helps him dish out some extra damage along with the air grab. If they JD both the hit and air grab Tizoc is still overall safe from a counter.

Tizoc's command grabs are epic =P
    Added some matches between Howard Arena players Wata (Rock) vs Charle's Wain (Kain) . The video link for it can be found here:

Enjoy.

• timmytheturtletimmytheturtle Just Defend this ! Joined: Posts: 84Registered
    That was essential, you did it. Thanx a lot Noc for all your implication on spreading the word about this awesome game. It seems to work ;)

NTW, great shodown you posted just above, Wata's Rock is gorgeous !
    Garou: MOTW >> Roulette :p
    http://gdonline.forumactif.com/?1313037400
    the latest Garou MOTW french forum
  • Chipp Zanuff v5Chipp Zanuff v5 Tell me where it hurts.... Joined: Posts: 916Registered
    is there someone in this game that ISNT execution intensive? every character i pick seems to be heavy on execution and my hands dont move that fast to cancel and break everything...
    XBL: Bus Orez
    Skullgirls: Valentine/Dunno yet
    Soul Calibur 5: Zwei/Cervantes/Pyrrha
    SFxT: Chun-LI/Julia
  • DarkNecridDarkNecrid look up = gain meter Joined: Posts: 310Registered
    Gato.

He doesn't even need feints or breaks at all unless you want to be fancy.
    Would Marco be somebody else for somebody who doesn't have fast fingers? =/
    Marcos break move is crucial to playing him well, and it can be hard to learn at first. That being said, hes one of the easier characters to play/learn IMO.
    Easiest character to really learn would have to be Grant mainly because he has no feint cancels and his combos aren't hard to do. Besides doing his :d: + :snka: + :snkb: (first hit) cancel into his specials/supers he is pretty simple to use.

• OmertaOmerta Joined: Posts: 169Registered
    Added some matches between Howard Arena players Wata (Rock) vs Charle's Wain (Kain) . The video link for it can be found here:

Enjoy.

Oh?my GOD. Those were some of the best matches I?ve seen an a long time. Wain really impresses me with his knowledge of all the quirks in the Garou engine. Perfect use of the black-screen bug for pressure, Nice unblockables and the occasional double JD into Flash Kick guard cancel (which are really hard to do). And Wata is just as good with Rock as he is with Hoku. It really doesn?t surprise me how well he?s doing with Rock, the guys Hoku has some of the best mix-up and mind-games I?ve seen in HA matches, so it?s a natural transition to a character like Rock. He?s an absolute blast to watch (but I?m guessing a pain to play).

Props for getting these vids uploaded Noc :tup:

PS:
    I agree with Noc about Grant. Most of his combos are really easy to execute and he has one of the easiest breaks in the game. But just be careful not to think of Grant as one of the slow, lumbering big guys you often see in fighters. Grant's one of the fastest characters in the game (arguably the fastest) and can dash, tackle and dive circles around 90% of the cast.
  • FlikFlik Team Detroit Joined: Posts: 46Registered
    Great HA vids Noc, I really love Wata, one of the best players around in my opinion. I've been goofing around with Rock lately and these vids really inspired me to keep trying.