The Rockefeller Appreciation Thread

Comments

• d3vd3v Grumpy Infraction Machine Joined: Posts: 18,541Registered, Moderators
    Rock's facebook now lists him as engaged.

DON'T DO IT ROCK! IT'S A TRAP!
    Pinoy2DFighters - The Philippines brings you 3 things: terrorists, trolls and ass beatings in MAHVELL.
    D3Vlicious.com - Fighting game and arcade stick news.
    Follow me on Twitter @D3Vlicious
    PSN: unityd3v (US), pinakaguwaping (HK)
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 4,443Registered
    Is there a new episode coming up? I'd love to know Rock and the rest of the So Cal communities thoughts on Ford Strike. http://www.streetfighter3.com.nu/#
  • KorbidonKorbidon Jab jab throw is a legit combo. Joined: Posts: 511Registered
    Any news?
  • KefKef Joined: Posts: 3,085Registered
    No news from the Dr since September. :(
    UMVC3: Main: [ Magneto-a/Zero-a/Dante-a] Persona 4: Main: Akihiko

If you wanna play some MVC2/Persona: PSN: KefPringlez
  • RoBoBOBRRoBoBOBR Evil Beaver Joined: Posts: 163Registered
    Well since he got engaged in september i guess he's kinda busy ) Plus he resurfaces on twitter from time to time.
    They call me lamer because i'm downright lame.
    He's abandoned his loyal fans for legal free pussy on demand...

...good choice.
    Pinoy2DFighters - The Philippines brings you 3 things: terrorists, trolls and ass beatings in MAHVELL.
    He's engaged? Holy shit...
  • DTJBDTJB HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,096Registered
    (sigh) The stories off all great legends must end at some point.
    One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of DAT ASS!
    Oh look, I have a deviantart page. http://dtjb.deviantart.com/
    PSN: DTJB-SD
    Avatar made by DTJB, that's a me!

I wonder if the chick he's engaged to is like a bizzarro version of himself but plays MK and gives commentary on Vodka Tampons and shit.
  • akuaku リアル邪王心眼 Joined: Posts: 3,666Registered
    She's actually quite attractive.

I could also assume part of the reason why he's been keeping quiet these days is because his fans gave him troll comments for his engagement announcement, and Rock REALLY didn't take kindly to that.
  • DTJBDTJB HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,096Registered
    I don't know. If the dude is willing to admit crazy shit about himself, I'd doubt internet comments from nobodies would bother him all that much.
    One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of DAT ASS!
    Oh look, I have a deviantart page. http://dtjb.deviantart.com/
    PSN: DTJB-SD
    Avatar made by DTJB, that's a me!

I could also assume part of the reason why he's been keeping quiet these days is because his fans gave him troll comments for his engagement announcement, and Rock REALLY didn't take kindly to that.
    Or, because he's too busy working on the wedding. Those things are a nightmare to plan and get right.
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX Whiteboard Gangsta Toad Joined: Posts: 2,900Registered
    He's abandoned his loyal fans for legal free pussy on demand...

...good choice.
    "Free"

nanda tou?!

Someone didn't read his joke from the LA Arcades owner, FFA topic

But hey if you ain't no punk
    Holla WE WANT PRENUP WE WANT PRENUP YEAAAAH

its somethin that you need to have
    if you don't - she gon' leave with half

...messin with no broke-broke.. :wonder:

Renic, music king, probably disapproves of this Wal-Mart censorship.

...win that SBO and drive off in a Hyundai
    - Shoryuken.com: your fun party settings fighting game edge!!
    - "Ryan is the man! Who would have thought his skills at dancing would surpass his skills at SF?"
    -- SF2: Piano/Guitar | SF3:Saxophone/Violin/DJ | SF4: Drums/Auto-tune | SFxT: Trash can drums/Tuba/Accordion.
    > KokuNukiCup @EVO 2013: Americahn Large Oppai WOAH King Gi Dora Sluts in the ballpit, Shibuya ShortShortsSuper Sportsland
    But Rock ain't got no gold to dig.

Besides, we all know it's because she loves that double chilli and nacho sauce on little Sub-Zero.
  • congcong Joined: Posts: 160Registered
    We can only hope that the Doctor will bless us with his presence some time in the near future. In the mean time, what would you guys consider to be top tier potential guests for the show? I think Johan together with Rock would be hilarious. They can order pizza together on stream--it would be a work of art.

Fanatiq and Johan Order Pizza

Edit: Or maybe Mr.Triforce.
    She's actually quite attractive.

Oh I wouldn't doubt that. Too bad if a couple of trolls have been raining on his engagement parade.
    Did all the videos on AskDrSubZero youtube account turn private? My only source of hope in life is now gone. T_____T
    Did all the videos on AskDrSubZero youtube account turn private? My only source of hope in life is now gone. T_____T

Woah. All the videos are either private or gone and his twitter is gone? What happened?
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 19,534Registered, Premium
    He'll be at FFA today for the relief event
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    "Art reaches its greatest peak when devoid of self-consciousness. Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make." - Bruce Lee
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    3rd Strike | King of Fighters XIII | Skullgirls | Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
    then ask him wtf is up with twitter and youtube
    If someone were to ask (on stream or off), make sure to do it politely. Rock was the champion of the Monsters after all.

ROCKYPLZ BIBLETHUMP
    The videos are back now yay!!!

And according to the 24 hour stream schedule, there's going to be an AskDrSubZero show at 3AM?
  • KaraFailKaraFail IKUZEYO IKUZEYO IKUZEYO Joined: Posts: 99Registered
    Damn, I was so looking forward to watching the AskDrSubZero show live live too.. :(
  • UnknownEnemyZeroUnknownEnemyZero uses Advanced Chun Joined: Posts: 1,533Registered
    then ask him wtf is up with twitter and youtube

Guessing he just wants to move on? Don't blame him. If a bunch of people are giving you shit about getting engaged and moving on up in the world. Then why bother with them? The stream monsters will just drag you down with them, virginity and all.
    "If a girl don't know how to make a sandwich, she just wouldn't be welcome in my life."
    --Eric 'Fuerte' Jameson
    no offence intended =)

Yeah...he had a lot of fans but definitely a good assortment of haters as well. That's what happens when you're the hype man I guess. Some people like it...others will find it obnoxious. DSP was one of the most vocal about his commentating during Evo 2k6. He yelled out loud for him to shut up countless times while Rock was commentating. I think he's cool but I can imagine others feeling his commentary more so just gets in the way. The play by play of everything that happens in the game along with random outbursts of anything he can think of only works for some people.
    Now I truly understand the hate DSP gets. What a fucking asshole. 

Yeah...he had a lot of fans but definitely a good assortment of haters as well. That's what happens when you're the hype man I guess. Some people like it...others will find it obnoxious. DSP was one of the most vocal about his commentating during Evo 2k6. He yelled out loud for him to shut up countless times while Rock was commentating. I think he's cool but I can imagine others feeling his commentary more so just gets in the way. The play by play of everything that happens in the game along with random outbursts of anything he can think of only works for some people.
    That's only a small part of why DSP get's hated on. If you ever mention his name in Tech Talk, be prepared for a litany of hate from alot of folks, including more than a few known modders and builders.
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 4,195Registered
    d3v said:

That's only a small part of why DSP get's hated on. If you ever mention his name in Tech Talk, be prepared for a litany of hate from alot of folks, including more than a few known modders and builders.
    I would love to see a DSP Hate Thread spring up with people just throwing in stories.  I never even met the guy personally, but from what little I've encountered of him online, the guy is a deluded douchebag.  
    I'm tempted to make a DSP Sucks thread in GD but I think there's been a few threads made about him before that have been taken down. 
  • DragoombaDragoomba Skrull is too broken. Joined: Posts: 768Registered
    edited February 2013
    eltrouble said:
    I would love to see a DSP Hate Thread spring up with people just throwing in stories.  I never even met the guy personally, but from what little I've encountered of him online, the guy is a deluded douchebag.  

This was enough for me.