Advanced A2 Discussion

1161718192022»

Comments

• ShinBlankaShinBlanka 神Blanka Joined: Posts: 7,085Registered, Moderators
    what's up shinblanka? i remember playing your bison a couple years back. what version of A2 is the tournament being run on? i seem to remember final round arcade having an a2 cabinet, is that correct?
    yes it will be on arcade cab with sanwa joysticks. This will be held on friday to not get in the way of the major tournament games at FR15. So count on it being on march 2, 2012. I'm trying to debate if i'm going to make it a high rollers event or not. What do you guys think? I don't want to scare people away and I would like as many entry's as possible for a2 at FR15.
    (FinalRound) A staple in the Fighting Game Community!
    New FR site: http://www.finalround.org
    Rest in Peace: To my MOMMA , Auntie Toosie, Uncle Thon, Craig Dufour "MAXIMUS" and Brian "Mummy-B" Graham and my 2 unborn children.
    I hope all of you A2 players will attend FR15. We will be streaming this event so the rest of the community can see the greatness that is A2!
    Rest in Peace: To my MOMMA , Auntie Toosie, Uncle Thon, Craig Dufour "MAXIMUS" and Brian "Mummy-B" Graham and my 2 unborn children.
  • DreamfireDreamfire Joined: Posts: 159Registered
    Hm, no supergun a la Kajoq? Rdps won't be there if he can't use his ps2 controller!
    <randomdps> Yes, it's like your characters are walking through a sea of gummy bears
    Darian on how slow A3 is.

<Hakero> fucking brazil is in tropical geography
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Needs more Crisco. Joined: Posts: 3,192Registered
    I would try to see who would be up for a A2 high rollers before making it a high rollers event. We want as many people as possible to play.
    Learn Street Fighter Alpha 2! http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162792
    This plays when Chuck Norris uses the bathroom
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,119Registered
    hello every one, I'll like some people thoughts on birdie. Personally I've been having fun with him. Though he does need to be played in some non traditional way, i find that his tools has some perks and can even nullify a few strategies. I found success in pacing birdie to the match up and building meter to punish.

I'm aware of birdies touch of death but I hope I don't have to rely on it because I find it extremely difficult to use.
    youtube channel keobas

http://www.youtube.com/user/keobas
    Pretty much all he has really going for him is his c.fp and c.mk and crazy CC. Most your damage vs smart player is going to come from that cc. Luckily his lvl 1 cc s.lk variation does more than his finals. At lvl 2/3 you need to be doing the final headbutts or you lose tremendous damage.
    Learn Street Fighter Alpha 2! http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162792
  • CSSCSS Location: San Diego Joined: Posts: 155Registered
    yes it will be on arcade cab with sanwa joysticks. This will be held on friday to not get in the way of the major tournament games at FR15. So count on it being on march 2, 2012. I'm trying to debate if i'm going to make it a high rollers event or not. What do you guys think? I don't want to scare people away and I would like as many entry's as possible for a2 at FR15.
    high roller or not, i would be fine with whichever.
    Pretty much all he has really going for him is his c.fp and c.mk and crazy CC. Most your damage vs smart player is going to come from that cc. Luckily his lvl 1 cc s.lk variation does more than his finals. At lvl 2/3 you need to be doing the final headbutts or you lose tremendous damage.

Not all true, c.mp and s.mp are super good as well, most of his pokes all around are really good..he can keep gief at bay almost entirely with c.mp and c.mk + neutral jump mk. I still don't see how you think that level 1 cc does more than 2 finals, I even use turbo LK for the sole purpose of testing and it still isn't anything noticeable. It'd be easier to just do your 2 finals and be done with it.
    <randomdps> Yes, it's like your characters are walking through a sea of gummy bears

Hm, no supergun a la Kajoq? Rdps won't be there if he can't use his ps2 controller!

He ain't coming out his cave son! I'm sure kajoq will bring his supergun to f15.
    after a few more sessions, I can see why CC is dire for birdie. But this is going off online experience which I find very difficult for me to play.

But i notice some very difficult match up with Adon/Bison. Besides CC punishing situation, I'm finding little punishable scenario against them. So far I just try to get HP lead and try to turtle them out, how ever its hard to do this consistently.
    youtube channel keobas

after a few more sessions, I can see why CC is dire for birdie. But this is going off online experience which I find very difficult for me to play.

But i notice some very difficult match up with Adon/Bison. Besides CC punishing situation, I'm finding little punishable scenario against them. So far I just try to get HP lead and try to turtle them out, how ever its hard to do this consistently.

What do you mean difficult? Are you used to offline play in this? Adon shouldn't be too much of a problem, everything he does is punishable. Any blocked jaguar kick (besides a perfectly spaced one when the moons align) is a free CC, or c.lk xx headbutt. Any strength jaguar tooth he does, is a free CC before he lands as well. Just run typical Birdie game with those in mind. As for Bison, I don't really know I havn't ran that matchup a lot.

yeah, I have no execution problem offline, but supercade and ggpo is another story. I normally read block spark animation for reversal, in online play I have trouble reading. (not to mention input delay)
    youtube channel keobas

• CSSCSS Location: San Diego Joined: Posts: 155Registered
    bump for the GOAT dead game
  • jamiejame911jamiejame911 Ever learning Joined: Posts: 411Registered
    Does anyone on the net upload new Japanese A2 matches?
    Casually playing:
    SFIV: Fei, Yun
    ST: Ryu, Deejay
    SG: Valentine
  • Unlimited2fightUnlimited2fight Joined: Posts: 3Registered
    I upload some good matches from japan and from other countries..check my channel and you will see good A2 matches for sure ;)
    heres the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Unlimited2fight
    I Hope more good players showed up, in the sfa2 room
  • TNBTNB Bye. Joined: Posts: 1,172Registered
    Just a little something..
    Anyone have any starts for keeping the pressure on with ken vs gief?

I've watched mattsun, but extra info would be nice. I do sweeps into rolls and such and try to stay in max footsie range, going in when I feel it is safe. I learned i can blatantly srk or even cc grab attempts, which is good.
    Skills and attitude prove worth as a player, not the internet.
  • Unlimited2fightUnlimited2fight Joined: Posts: 3Registered
    Well the best characters to face gief (imo) is ken,chunli and dhalsim..so to keep the pressure on gief with ken you have many options.
    You can be agressive using the style rushdown, and pressure him with constant c.lk + c.rh + roll into grab or intead do the blowout CC( be aware that larilat can cut the blowout CC if donne fast, so if you suspect he´s going to do that, wait and activate the CC after and start it with C.rh for Valle CC); point blank C.mk + c.rh into hadoken / roll into another set up..and so on (ken as ALOT of set ups).
    You can zone him too with foot games, and force him to jump at you, so that you can activate your anti air CC ( watch out if he does not have any meter, cuz if he as he can counter your anti air CC with another CC and pass by it..be careful on that).
    You have alot of options and as you said, you can use CCs to escape gief SPD and his super "atomic buster"..its a good way to escape his magic grab strategy, or if youre good in reversals, you can SRK him (but dont get too predictable on that, or he´ll empty jump you to make you think hes going for the "magic grab" and when you do the reversal SRK, he´ll guard and punish you badly for your mistake.

Here some links of 2 good matches of ken against gief:

• otakugamer223otakugamer223 Third Strike Loves You Joined: Posts: 146Registered
    There's something very strange I discovered when playing A2 Guy the other day... this may be known already but I've never seen it before (if it matters, I was on SF Alpha Anthology A2 regular, not NFBA/GGPO)

I was just practicing corner kick throw in the corner, when, right in the middle of kicking, he thew in the other direction (the animation for the HP throw.) I don't think it does any damage which might make it useless, but does anyone know anything about this?
  • jedpossumjedpossum What you say? Joined: Posts: 2,667Registered

Background Object removal
    I know this will fix most stages. The only one i'm not sure about is Rolento's stage.
    If you mention Jojo's expect a long talk.
    Computer memory doesn't lie the heads up display can.

I know this will fix most stages. The only one i'm not sure about is Rolento's stage.
    I'd rather just hold start on Ryu and pick his stage lol.
  • AquasharkAquashark Mekong Delta AirRaid Joined: Posts: 1,256Registered
    how did you do that? does it work online?
    hello friends, my name is Drago Umeharevich from CrossCounter Balkans
  • jedpossumjedpossum What you say? Joined: Posts: 2,667Registered
    It will cause desyncs online if your opponent doesn't have the patch.

I found in the ram where the background objects were located. Then set a watch point to figure which command activated them then set a break point and trace log to look at the code. Go to that place in the Rom. I turned all the zero's to a -1 so when the game adds 1 to activate. The objects are off since -1+1=0.
    If you mention Jojo's expect a long talk.
    Computer memory doesn't lie the heads up display can.
  • AquasharkAquashark Mekong Delta AirRaid Joined: Posts: 1,256Registered
    hello friends, my name is Drago Umeharevich from CrossCounter Balkans
  • TNBTNB Bye. Joined: Posts: 1,172Registered
    This isn't all that advanced but I'd like to know how to fight some gimmicks.

Akuma tatsu spam.
    I want to punish this move HARD. I was playing against a Brazilian and he was just BELLIGERENTLY abusing this move.
    It's really safe on block, gains meter, and on hit it juggles. I've tried shoto c hp and it doesn't work, which is lame.

I can jab it with most of the characters I've tried but that isn't all that great. No dmg.
    That being said I can probably just start a cc with jabs and go into something more damaging.
    I can Shoryu it with good timing. That said it could be supered/ shoryu cc'd.
    Dunno about Choonri upkick cc.

Dunno about AC. Scared to try it, might act like it's own AC reversal tbh because of how much it hits.
    Would chun sweep beat it like an air move?

Ken clk, chk sting to ambiguous roll setups.Will a properly Ac'd hk beat even an ambiguous roll? If I guess wrong and the other player has meter stocked I eat a huge damage CC.
    Mattsun even uses these setups. But are they safe enough to be legit? They seem really hard to guess unless there's a clear pattern set by the opponent.
    and.. rolling.
    214 input?
    A bit too basic, yes. I'm not used to rolling in this. I know it's punishable if done incorrectly though as I've hit a recent opponent out of them.
    Skills and attitude prove worth as a player, not the internet.