DC Comics Thread

Comments

• ZephyranthesZephyranthes Mad Mod Poet God Joined: Posts: 2,355Registered
    I don't think I can ever try Batwing so long as Judd Winick is writing it.
    This Ain't Kansas. Unabashed and unfiltered comic book commentary and reviews:
    http://madnessvest.blogspot.com/
  • SanoSano I'm on the PSP! Joined: Posts: 12,260Registered, Moderators
    Gail Simone talks about being taken off Batgirl.

http://operationbatgirlinc.tumblr.com/post/37588304784/i-am-so-fricking-fortunate-its-ridiculous

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk 2
  • Monster637Monster637 Rage Trigger Joined: Posts: 867Registered
    Earth 2, that the James Robinson comic with the gay Green Lantern? Would anyone be surprised if I said I hate that comic (even though I haven't read it)?
    I read some earth 2, its in that wierd zone ,some writers take comics that have not established itself yet and slowplay it from the start,they usually get canceled after a year or booted from the title, the snail races,like ultimate xmen was for a while, where you bought it and it seems like nothing happened.......earth 2 is stuck in that feeling of they dont know wtf to do and each issue.. if i did not get afew copies of earth 2 free i would drop it from my pull for a while and see if like ultimate xmen, if they can make shit happen and feel like you got your $ worth, but its far from being as misshandles as teen titans
    Sent From under Your bed......Using Your MOM!!!
    an is hal jordan gonna be back maining greenlatern or is zak branagin or what ever the new main focus?
    Bob Harras gets promoted. Why Black Dynamite? Why? :(

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dc-promotes-harras-kanalz.html

Bob Harras gets promoted. Why Black Dynamite? Why? :(

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dc-promotes-harras-kanalz.html

is this the guy i should blame for the wierd cross overs,, like why redhood and the outlaws are sucked into crossovers with batman and teen titans and titans has been a crossover filled wtf mess with stuff like the culling and why there is 5 laternbooks?
    is this the guy i should blame for the wierd cross overs,, like why redhood and the outlaws are sucked into crossovers with batman and teen titans and titans has been a crossover filled wtf mess with stuff like the culling and why there is 5 laternbooks?

Yes! Bob Harras almost destroyed the entire comic book industry in the 90s and I swear he is trying to do the same thing again. Only it seems like he is going to accomplish that goal this time around. :bluu:
    Yes! Bob Harras almost destroyed the entire comic book industry in the 90s and I swear he is trying to do the same thing again. Only it seems like he is going to accomplish that goal this time around. :bluu:
    well the crazy cross over shit has made me trim my pull down alot and keeps growing smaller, redhood i was enjoying becuase i thought with starfire an arsenol...it would be its own comic, but now i see they are really ditching what they started with an trying to crame the title under batmans nuts,,,green latern with hal ,i was enjoying now he has been pushed out of the way for another latern,while hal an siniestro are in the deadzone,and carole has powers and a ring and there 5 other latern bucks and books of all ring colors...sucks
    Gail's back on Batgirl. Nerd rage wins!

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/gail-simone-batgirl-writer-dc-comics.html

• Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 5,035Registered
    Ugh, series back to shit
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • THE_KZATHE_KZA snikt snikt snikt Joined: Posts: 921Registered
    52fHm.jpg

got this from Norm Rapmund earlier tonight
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 3,502Registered
    Anyone mind breaking down the Superman titles for me. I like Aquaman so will probably continue w/ that, but Superman is also starting to interest me.

What's the main Superman book? Action Comics?
    Superman is the main title. Action Comics was about Lex Luthor, then the title got hit with the 52 Reboot stick and Morrison told a Superman flashback story, and once Diggle takes over the book with #18 it's gonna be about Lex again. Well at least #18 will be.

IMHO the reboot has not been kind to Superman. Read All-Star Superman instead if you haven't.

Superman is the main title. Action Comics was about Lex Luthor, then the title got hit with the 52 Reboot stick and Morrison told a Superman flashback story, and once Diggle takes over the book with #18 it's gonna be about Lex again. Well at least #18 will be.

IMHO the reboot has not been kind to Superman. Read All-Star Superman instead if you haven't.

• DanxDanx XD@U Joined: Posts: 392Registered
    I read the first 3 issues of the new writer will be about lex, afterwards it will sync up with the rest of the DCU. Anyhow supes run was pretty bad for the first 12 issues or so but I think it really picked up when they changed creative teams.

Oh and dat swamp thing 16# ending was more shocking then spiderman #700!
  • chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 986Registered
    So I've a new phone with a decent screen and Comixology has all of the Superman 2011 series, War of the Supermen and Superman Beyond. Are these good series to pick up for a relative Superman noob. I've read, All Star Superman, Red Son and Kingdom Come and enjoyed them all.
    www.streetfighter.ie
    PSN - ChopperByrne
  • mundaneymundaney Stupid Dope Mix-Up Joined: Posts: 204Registered
    Batman #15 y'all
    3S: Dudley, Urien
    SFIV: Dudley, Akuma, Ryu
    SFxT: ???
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mundaney
    Never read Superman Beyond but War of the Supermen is really really really really really bad.
    The free issue #0 seemed okay :(
    www.streetfighter.ie
    PSN - ChopperByrne
    Yeah, the FCBD #0 issue did make the series look promising. It just didn't turn out so well.

• DA GAMEDA GAME The Total Package Joined: Posts: 963Registered
    I'm digging Scott Synder's run on Batman.I would be surprised if Ra's Al Ghul is his next storyline
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Get Esports out of Fighting Games Joined: Posts: 672Registered
    How about Demon Knights? Pretty good though I am not sure how I feel about the time jump in the last issue.
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 5,035Registered
    I'm not a fan of the timejump, gonna see where it goes though.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • ZephyranthesZephyranthes Mad Mod Poet God Joined: Posts: 2,355Registered
    I read the first Demon Knights trade a couple of weeks ago. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it, either. It was one of those things that I thought had a decent kernel of an idea, but the execution just didn't excite me at all.
    This Ain't Kansas. Unabashed and unfiltered comic book commentary and reviews:
    http://madnessvest.blogspot.com/
    Stopped collecting comics for a few years because they were getting too expensive (€4.50 an issue) and there were too many crossovers.

Decided recently to start using comixology as each issue is pretty cheap.

Bought every issue of Action Comics and Superman since New 52.

Read all of AC and moved on to Supes and all was going well until "Buy Superboy AND Supergirl to find out what happens next."

Damn you comic books, Damn you!
    www.streetfighter.ie
    PSN - ChopperByrne
    Stopped collecting comics for a few years because they were getting too expensive (€4.50 an issue) and there were too many crossovers.

Decided recently to start using comixology as each issue is pretty cheap.

Bought every issue of Action Comics and Superman since New 52.

Read all of AC and moved on to Supes and all was going well until "Buy Superboy AND Supergirl to find out what happens next."

Damn you comic books, Damn you!

I feel ya...comics are costing me anywhere from 40-80$ a week lol.
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Undercover white man. Joined: Posts: 4,365Registered
    edited February 2013
    Shits too expensive.
    Been reading Animal man, but I need swamp thing too for the full story.
    Should just stick to Justice League and Aquaman, Wonder Woman (maybe) and Superman, probably try Death in the family too.
    Wut stuength!! Ba doh fogo der armeny lik u all oder deh wuld
    It doesn’t matter if you have the beard on the outside, as long as you got the beard on the inside. - Action Hank
    i been diggin greenlatern,  love selena kyle catwomen,her comics are very choatic writing tho so most dont like it ,but it fits catwomens chaotic ways, dont know what to think of the new justive league of america thats coming up,katana ,catwomen seems cool
    Just saw the spoilers for batman inc....fuck you DC and grant!
    Danx said:
    Just saw the spoilers for batman inc....fuck you DC and grant!

Well... one reason to off him is that no one can tell how old he is. Seriously two different books give you two different answers. Batman and Robin tells you he's 8, constantly. In Batman Inc. Morrison says he's 12. After the reboot Batman has only been Batman for five years. So maybe he got Talia pregnant before he became Batman? Nope. Morrison still says it happened after he became Batman. Maybe he was test tube aged quickly as was hinted at by Morrison? Nope. Tomasi showed EVERY ONE OF HIS BIRTHDAYS IN THE ANNUAL!!!!!

Is his death needed to solve these problems? No but I dunno maybe if editors actually did their job? Or if Tomasi and Morrison picked up a phone? Or how about YOU JUST STOP SAYING HOW OLD HE IS GEEZ!

I know part of it is Morrison is just keeping his bat story going regardless of the what the reboot alters. It's still kind of crazy to believe that in his view pretty much every single Bat story still happened while comparitively Superman has had about five adventures.

It reminds me of when Marvel offed Moira McTaggert. It was really conveniant because she goes back to Wolrd War II, she was already like 100. Magneto was de-aged when he became a baby and grew up again, Professor X's body was cloned so that solved those two. Juggernaut's power keeps him young in theory. There was no answer why Moira looked 25 and was banging Banshee at that.

I think the last problem with that is Legion's mother, Gabrielle Haller. But she never appears anyway so she could be 100 or dead, doesn't matter. Legion's power could probably make him look as young as whatever.

Still not as much of a cluster fuck as the Damian situation.

Anyway I like like Damian and I still don't want to see him go. Though yeah death means nothing in comics anyway, he'll be back. Jason Todd says hi. And Damian buys it fighting his clone? yeah no idea how they can bring him back to life. x_X