Marvel Comics Thread

1283284285286287289»

Comments

• Monster637Monster637 Rage Trigger Joined: Posts: 867Registered
     tried capt last time around, about 4 to 5 issues in i crapped out. capts like superman, no one seems to be able to write them solo
    Sent From under Your bed......Using Your MOM!!!
  • Monster637Monster637 Rage Trigger Joined: Posts: 867Registered

when i was more into the hydra queen an the blond chick that rolls with capt and he was fighting dudes from ww2 , knew capt solo will always be trapped in the past

Sent From under Your bed......Using Your MOM!!!
  • ZephyranthesZephyranthes Mad Mod Poet God Joined: Posts: 2,355Registered
    2-D said:
    Also, since Marvel Now started, why is this black Nick Fury appearing everywhere? I thought he was supposed to be from the Ultimates universe?
    It's not the Nick Fury from the Ultimate universe, this Nick Fury is actually 616 Fury son. He and Agent Caulson were introduced into the current continuity during Fear Itself. So even though Ultimate Fury is black, and the movie Fury is really the Ultimate Fury, this isn't...even though it is....my head hurts...

It's like I keep preaching, we're living in the Stupid Age of Comics now. I predict that the original 616 White Nick Fury (it's stupid how I even have to call him "616 White Nick Fury") will die at some point, making his black son the main 616 Nick Fury for a few years. Then, at some point, they're gonna reboot the movie universe after Samuel L.'s contract is up (or he gets too old) and then they'll cast Liam Neeson or some other white guy as Movie Nick Fury. And if they do THAT, you just know they're gonna kill off 616 Black Nick Fury and resurrect 616 White Nick Fury. (Because, you know, the comics reading audience is a bunch of retards who need the comics to match the movies.)

So effing stupid, yet so, so plausible.
    This Ain't Kansas. Unabashed and unfiltered comic book commentary and reviews:
    http://madnessvest.blogspot.com/
  • LegendaryDJLegendaryDJ I'm Done Joined: Posts: 2,643Registered
    Just call 616 Black Nick Fury Nick Jr. It makes things easier, and it's funny. Nick Jr. I like it.
  • ZephyranthesZephyranthes Mad Mod Poet God Joined: Posts: 2,355Registered
    It might be easier, it might be funnier, but it's still damn stupid.
    This Ain't Kansas. Unabashed and unfiltered comic book commentary and reviews:
    http://madnessvest.blogspot.com/
  • SanoSano I'm on the PSP! Joined: Posts: 12,260Registered, Moderators
    edited February 2013

Zeph least I can tell you is that Brevoort has been pretty adamant about never killing Nick Fury Sr. and Nick Fury Jr. still does not run SHIELD he's just a field agent, Captain America runs SHIELD currently. Also according to Brevoort there's currently no interest in making Nick Jr. run SHIELD because they want to relive Nick Sr.'s Howling Commando days, not his sitting behind a chair and tellling people what to do days.

I'm sure the future might pan out as you say, but it's not there yet. 

Only 3 Marvel books for me this week. Savage Wolverine, Superior Spider-Man and Avengers. All good but favorite read of the the 3 was Avengers. Loved the interaction between Cannonball, Sunspot and Peter Parktopus lol!
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Get Esports out of Fighting Games Joined: Posts: 672Registered
    OK so I read New Avengers again and noticed not all the infinity gems were not destroyed, the time gem disappeared, so hopefully we'll see them again.

X-factor 252 was interesting, wanna see this war between hell lords.
  • LegendaryDJLegendaryDJ I'm Done Joined: Posts: 2,643Registered
    Nova's off to an alright kinda start. Nothing stupid seemed to happen, and it was a pretty solid introductory issue to Sam's life and the life of being in the Nova corps. Glad I decided to look into it.

My Spidey corner just got two new books. It's just issue 2, but I'm really loving how Morbius is going on. Certainly not reinventing the wheel on villain who's looking for redemption, with the whole, "I'm now in a completely new and foreign place, and I just so happen to get attached to some nice people, so I'll fight for them" kinda thing, but it's really going well in the execution department. Alpha's number 1 was cool, too. Standard "kid becoming a super hero, big oops, now what do I do" thing. As for kid super heroes, I think I'll like Nova better, but I really wanna see where Alpha's going. And then there's the main Superior Spidey himself. Ock really is doing a way better job than Pete ever did. Funniest thing in the world when he found out Pete didn't have a doctorate. I'm like, "yo, this book's promoting college education? Lemme buckle down with my work."

Hulk's alright. Kinda what you expect from a Hulk book. The formula for what's been going on hasn't changed. SHIELD needs him to smash, so he does it. I'm hoping something more comes of it. Looking for a little more out of it by now, and with his team of scientists around now, I'm hoping that'll come about soon.

Captain Marvel's been staying consistent. I like the arc going on right now about Carol needing to not fly, Filipe's art is beautiful. So stylized and unique. Everything all freeflowing much like how the book's been going. Overall, the title as a whole has been very quaint.

Speaking of Spidey, man he does not work with others. Stealin' leftovers like that. Avengers is on like another level. I'm tellin' you. Hickman is just... dude is so cool. That and Thor were definitely my top picks of this week from Marvel, as they've been every week they've come out.
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Get Esports out of Fighting Games Joined: Posts: 672Registered
    X-men Legacy #6 preview

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=15417

Looks pretty cool. Love how David has to apply belief in his self to dominate his inner personalities.
    edited February 2013
    Nick Spencer will cowrite Avengers issues 12 to 17 with Hickman. At least according to this interview the writing will be as seamless as possible.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/nick-spencer-co-writing-avengers.html
    Post edited by Sano on

Looks like Joe Mad is going to be working on a Wolverine book in 2013. I guess plans for him returning to Avenging Spider-Man are all but forgotten. Love his artwork but seriously, L-O-L.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dc-drops-wtf-and-other-news.html

edited February 2013
    Oh snap King Hippo from Punch-Out is in Uncanny X-Force #2 kinda sorta! Nice!
  • SHAZAMforInjusticeSHAZAMforInjustice Stream Hero Joined: Posts: 94Registered

This forums really cool!

Here are my opinions on my current poolist:

Rating them from 1 to 10

Avengers-8

New Avengers-7

Uncanny Avengers-4

Avengers Arena-5

Thor-10

All New X-Men-7

Fearless Defenders-7

Captain America-7

X-men Legacy-9

Cable and Xforce-8

Uncanny Xforce-4

Things I have yet to read but want to:

-Nova,GOTG,Uncanny X-men,Young Avengers

Random comic rants:

Dennis Hopeless should had sticked with his original pitch of Braddock Academy instead of Arena.I like Arena fine but that one flashback scene to Kid Briton at the campus has been the best thing in the series IMO.

LegionxBlindfold is the most random pairing that makes perfect sense.

Where's Quicksilver?Dammit!

Thor has become the God of fine drinking.Exotic vodkas in Avengers,Alien mead in his own series and a surprising gentle touch of Latte in Uncanny Avengers.

UMvC3:Captain America and friends Injustice:Shazam
    jak d ripr:"Although this has to be the first time someone has "liked" my post only to completely disagree with it, that s**t caught me off guard."
    Keyzerjose:"That's the mixup."
    Spoiler for Uncanny Avengers 4. Guess who's back? Quick get Captain Commando and Mega Man with the Unknown Soldier assist! :P

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/uncanny-avengers-4-return.html