Tiers for S***** fighting games

1545556575860»

Comments

• Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 1,955Registered
    Very informative Seph, I love the Gekitou Ninja Taisen games.

However, I should inform you that Y cancel was first added in GNT4.

Also transformations were not in the first game, that was introduced in GNT3. So Sasuke does not have Sharingan cancels in GNT1 or 2.
    Ya I jumped in when 4 came out, so that's good to know. Other ones seemed pretty bleh. Wish wii ones hadn't screwed it up.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • BiousBious Freeze Frame Joined: Posts: 924Registered
    If I remember correctly wasn't Kazuya the best in Tekken 2?
    Something about Mist Stepping...
  • SSJ_SonikkuSSJ_Sonikku Fighting Game Maniac! Joined: Posts: 589Registered
    Ya I jumped in when 4 came out, so that's good to know. Other ones seemed pretty bleh. Wish wii ones hadn't screwed it up.

The best ones for the Wii are actually Rev3 and Special. I kinda find Rev3 just as good if not better than 4. If anyone is planning to get Special now, be prepared to pay 100 bucks and higher.
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 1,955Registered
    The best ones for the Wii are actually Rev3 and Special. I kinda find Rev3 just as good if not better than 4. If anyone is planning to get Special now, be prepared to pay 100 bucks and higher.

Ya but the first 1 or 2 pretty bleh game breaking glitches with Kankurou and having to ban certain techniques because they were to powerful (backwards up+A of Gaara's which lead to a free unblockable combo ANYWHERE on screen which with his above average anti-knj lead to easy free wins if it wasn't banned). I did see one of the more recent one's that looked cool. Where Sasuke's Amaterasu seemed ridiculous. Not sure how that panned out. I'll look into them.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • Warring TriadWarring Triad Pensive, Nervous Theorist Joined: Posts: 216Registered
    Jecht is cheap in Dissidia. Sasori is cheap in Storm 2. That fucken tilt!
    PSN: TheVeldt;; Viewtiful Joe/Doctor Strange/Sentinel
    Jecht is cheap in Dissidia. Sasori is cheap in Storm 2. That fucken tilt!
    Tidus was the best in the original Japanese version (so I've heard.)
    In the overseas release it's Zidane. Exdeath is techinally unbeatable, but only if played extremely well. Zidane, however, is master of air-to-air combat, and since all combat is done in the air, he basically destroys almost all the cast due to being quick enough to counter moves and abusing Snooze and Lose. I believe Terra was tops too.
    In Dissidia 12 it's either Ultimecia, Sephiroth, or Exdeath. Ulti can zone forever and Hell's Judgement is stupidly difficult to avoid when timed right. Sephiroth has an extremely abusable projectile plus good bravery and HP moves (Heaven's Light is very sneaky.) Exdeath is extremely difficult to approach still due to his counters, plus thanks to Maelstorm and Black Hole you can't sit back on him. Of course, any character can be dangerous with the right assist (Kuja, Jecht, Aerith, Sephiroth.)

Jecht can be good in the right hands but he takes a lot of work compared to those people.
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 5,035Registered
    Zidane had a 9 frame Brv attack that chained to an HP attack, note the fastest brv attack not on Zidane was 15 frames. Zidane was the best at everything but zoning in that game but it didn't matter seeing how he could easily punish everything. Still think being able to kill with an HP attack after an EX burst is dumb as fuck. And 012 would be better than the first if it didn't neuter the fuck out of characters when they removed Quickl Dodge Cancels and gave characters like Garland nothing to compensate for it.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • Warring TriadWarring Triad Pensive, Nervous Theorist Joined: Posts: 216Registered
    Tidus was the best in the original Japanese version (so I've heard.)
    In the overseas release it's Zidane. Exdeath is techinally unbeatable, but only if played extremely well. Zidane, however, is master of air-to-air combat, and since all combat is done in the air, he basically destroys almost all the cast due to being quick enough to counter moves and abusing Snooze and Lose. I believe Terra was tops too.
    In Dissidia 12 it's either Ultimecia, Sephiroth, or Exdeath. Ulti can zone forever and Hell's Judgement is stupidly difficult to avoid when timed right. Sephiroth has an extremely abusable projectile plus good bravery and HP moves (Heaven's Light is very sneaky.) Exdeath is extremely difficult to approach still due to his counters, plus thanks to Maelstorm and Black Hole you can't sit back on him. Of course, any character can be dangerous with the right assist (Kuja, Jecht, Aerith, forgot the 4th one.)

Jecht can be good in the right hands but he takes a lot of work compared to those people.

Basically anyone with a hax block is in the top tiers.

My reasoning for Jecht's tier placement.
    I was Level 100. He was Level 20.
    Zidane had a 9 frame Brv attack that chained to an HP attack, note the fastest brv attack not on Zidane was 15 frames. Zidane was the best at everything but zoning in that game but it didn't matter seeing how he could easily punish everything. Still think being able to kill with an HP attack after an EX burst is dumb as fuck. And 012 would be better than the first if it didn't neuter the fuck out of characters when they removed Quickl Dodge Cancels and gave characters like Garland nothing to compensate for it.
    EX Bursts were retarded in general.

Triad, you simply got your arrow reflected back at you. Reflected moves use the brave of the user since it is techinally their move (an Emperor's Flare will damage him using his brave if it is reflected.) Basically you killed yourself.
    EX Bursts were retarded in general.

Triad, you simply got your arrow reflected back at you. Reflected moves use the brave of the user since it is techinally their move (an Emperor's Flare will damage him using his brave if it is reflected.) Basically you killed yourself.
    That's the joke, my friend.
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 828Registered
    Arcade 2.3:

S: Chaos, Talon
    A: Diablo
    B: Sauron, Blizzard, Armadon
    C: Vertigo

Midway Arcade Treasures 2:

S: Chaos, Talon
    A: Diablo, Sauron
    B: Blizzard, Armadon
    C: Vertigo

OLD as dinosaurs match vid using the PSX version:

I remember finishing the game with Vertigo (MS-DOS version). all I had to do was duck and hit constantly, CPU would fall for that.
    not good at any, mediocre at many
    Let's keep the streak of new posts going!

Revised Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle Tier list. I had to revise this due to realizing a lot of characters were better/worse than I thought, plus throws are a bit overpowered.

Ranma Hard Battle

Top (Not in order):
    Happosai -Too short to get hit by most attacks, two button press AA that takes off quite a bit.
    Akane- Had to change my mind about her. Her specials are very good. Her rush punch leaves her at an advantage unless pulled off close and her uppercut has extremely good invincibility. Also her normal's aren't too shabby.
    Genma- His damage is just too good for mid tier. A two button command throw that takes off a third of HP and leaves him right next to the opponent? C'mon son.
    Girl Ranma- Fast Double jump, very ambiguous head stomp that puts her on the ground at frame advantage, 2button AA that basically stuffs almost any jump ins, fast walk speed allowing her to throw easily, and great normals. Can get knocked out of the air easily though.

High:
    Pantyhose Regular- Fire kick and his HP are extremely high priority, extremely safe, extremely fast, extremely abusuable. That's 4x extreme.
    Ryoga- His 2 button press Ki move is godly for spacing and damage, his projectiles are alright, and his normals are amazingly far reaching, Can be caught off guard if someone gets close to him though.

Mid:
    Male Ranma- Slower Female Ranma. Harder to work with, but works.
    Shampoo- Very good DP and double jump, but that's about it.
    Monster Pantyhose- I thought he was good till I saw he gets thrown out of the most simplest stuff. His Dive punch and bull charge need to be abused in order for him to win.

Low:
    Mousse
    Ukoyo
    King
    Gosunkugi
    All are worse than the people above em (cept MAYBE Mousse,)
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Joined: Posts: 1,062Registered
    Had a couple of PR matches last night, and I didnt wanted to necromance my old PR thread just to post matches ha!

There you go (bad quality vid and LOL at the youtube preview pic)

Castlevania Judgment FC: 4469-0373-0276
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mkkhanzohasashi
    Ultimate MK3 DS Friend Code: 197687877750
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 481182464252 (SSf4, DOAD)
  • CrystalCoreCrystalCore Joined: Posts: 144Registered
    Time killers: The grim Reaper is God Tier!

His moves all have high priority, attacks do plenty of damage, health regenerates, and the only way to beat him is to survive long enough till the time runs out with more health than he has.

The Reaper makes 3rd strike gill, look like a total pansy!

So Grim Reaper is in the only fighting game where you can't cheat Death? xDD
  • King9999King9999 Beware the nice ones Joined: Posts: 5,834Registered
    Tiers for:
    • KOF Maximum Impact
    • Flying Dragon (N64)
    • Bleach: Shattered Blade
    • Kensei: Sacred Fist
  • CrystalCoreCrystalCore Joined: Posts: 144Registered
    Let's keep the streak of new posts going!

Revised Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle Tier list. I had to revise this due to realizing a lot of characters were better/worse than I thought, plus throws are a bit overpowered.

Ranma Hard Battle

Top (Not in order):
    Happosai -Too short to get hit by most attacks, two button press AA that takes off quite a bit.
    Akane- Had to change my mind about her. Her specials are very good. Her rush punch leaves her at an advantage unless pulled off close and her uppercut has extremely good invincibility. Also her normal's aren't too shabby.
    ,)

That begs the question:

If Akane and Makoto from SF3 fought, who would win?
    That begs the question:

If Akane and Makoto from SF3 fought, who would win?

Ryu :coffee:
    Akane has a better DP but Makoto has a better everything else.
  • SSJ_SonikkuSSJ_Sonikku Fighting Game Maniac! Joined: Posts: 589Registered
    King9999 said:
    Tiers for:
    • KOF Maximum Impact
    • Flying Dragon (N64)
    • Bleach: Shattered Blade
    • Kensei: Sacred Fist
    I can help ya with Flying Dragon N64 (aka Hiryu no Ken Twin).

Top Tier
    Red Falcon (Virtual)
    Suzaku (SD)
    Ryuhi (SD/Virtual)
    Hayate (SD/Virtual)

Middle Tier
    Gengai (Virtual)
    Min Min (Virtual)
    Kate (Virtual)
    Shouryu (SD)
    Yuuka (SD)
    Wyler (SD)
    Powers (SD)
    Ryumaou (SD)
    Raima (Virtual)

Low Tier
    Ryumaou (Virtual)
    Shouryu (Virtual)
    Robo no Hana (SD)

Crap Tier
    Bokuchin (SD)

It's been a while since I played the game.  If you need me to explain more about their placement, let me know.  I also did a Tier List (not complete though) for the sequel, SD Hiryu no Ken Densetsu.  It is in my topic for the Densetsu on SRK.  I haven't updated in a while, as I haven't played it in a while.
  • YunaYuna Formerly and once again! Joined: Posts: 7,350Registered
    I'd love to see a tier list for Arm Joe. Big money says Ponpon is top tier.
    A power too great to be bridled can only be set free.
  • sibarrazsibarraz Joined: Posts: 179Registered
    tiers for eternal champions?
  • King9999King9999 Beware the nice ones Joined: Posts: 5,834Registered
    Way of the Warrior tiers?
  • ArugulaZArugulaZ Uses Dan w/o Irony Joined: Posts: 116Registered
    X_Sword said:
    You guys did Daraku Tenshi and the Asura games?
    SRK definitely did The Fallen Angels.  Here's the rundown:

I did my own research on the game eight years ago, which you'll find on this site:

My conclusion was that Haiji and Roche were stupidly overpowered, Harry Ness and Torao are pretty good if you like wrestlers and shotos respectively, Yuiren, Yuiran, and Taro are lackluster, and Cool comes in dead last.

Also, The Fallen Angels, for all its flaws, is not a terrible fighting game.  The balance is broken as all hell and the character selection is thin, but the graphics are outstanding for their time, with a refreshingly dark art direction, the controls are responsive, and the gameplay is reasonably deep for a first time effort.  SNK had every reason to hire away two of The Fallen Angels' designers to work on King of Fighters '99.
    Dude, that's not Pringles! That's barely even Munchos!

Visit The Gameroom Blitz:
    http://www.lakupo.com/grblitz