Idea - Arcade Stick for PCs

SwevicusSwevicus Joined: Posts: 1Premium
Hello, Shoryuken.

This is my first post and first thread. I am currently in the middle of designing an arcade stick intended to be used for PC and Mac computers, which I plan to get mass-produced if all goes well (I am using the appearance of the Namco PS1 stick as a base/model). 

The advantages of a PC/Mac stick would be:

- Cheaper to produce than console sticks
- Retro gamers and fighting game enthusiasts now have a controller they can call their own
- No obsolescence (it won't go out of date or be discontinued when a next-gen machine/console is released)

Please let me know what you think of this idea. Here is an image below to give you an idea of what the final product might look like if I get the time to build a prototype.

The joystick will be a Seimitsu LS-32-01-SC (formerly known as LS-34-01) and the buttons will be Seimitsu PS-14-GN (for the six action buttons) and a PS-14-DN (for the Start button), along with two PS-14-GN buttons on the side of the stick (not pictured) to simulate shoulder buttons/pinball flippers, for the 8-button crowd - that way, everybody's happy. I plan to make the case from wood with either an acrylic or metal panel for the artwork. Any ideas, suggestions, criticisms, please let me know. :)