Interview with Otochun... ask your questions.

philcitophilcito The Berserker ShotoJoined: Posts: 1,149Registered
If you liked Aniken's interview, then you gonna love this one,  If you want to know more about this great chun li warrior.. well you know what to do. I can't send 100 questions to Otochun, we don't want a boring and long interview, so let's pick 10 questions from NHC and 10 questions from SRK, plus 2 to 5 questions that are a must.

Of course all the interviews will be available on www.strevival.com

You have 2 weeks to ask... Come on guys!, it's Otochun! :D

PD... you'll have some good news related to strevival.com site :), (Spanish-speaking STheads, you gonna love it! )... COMING SOON!
" I don't snore and I shower daily". Rekkaken
nHc FB- https://www.facebook.com/groups/237775324909

Comments

• oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,128Registered
    I'd ask for tips on Chun's anti-air game, since that's what troubles most newbies.
  • DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,511Registered
    Ask him if he thinks that guy "Random" is a fag. lolz.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Ah shit..    
  • KyouyaKyouya Joined: Posts: 79Registered
    Ask him if he can sleep at night by playing Chunli.
    <JanusGemini> lol damdai has a fan club?
    <bookah> ganelon, how come you don't have a fan club?
    <Ganelon> when you play claw, you just try to avoid a hate club
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 1,925Registered
    lol......

please ask what his personal tier list is, how he feels about players that use top tiers, what tournament settings does he prefer ( rowdy U.S. scene vs Polite Japan Scene ) if he does money matches in Japan. If so vs who and results please.

I'll think of more later
    [12:50:08 p.m.] Rizwan: lol, Spanish names are like Capcom games
    [12:50:13 p.m.] djfrijoles: LOOLOLOLOL
    [12:50:15 p.m.] Rizwan: Super Classic Fighter Turbo X Challenge
  • Born2SPDBorn2SPD SPD Fanatic Joined: Posts: 170Registered
    edited February 2013

It would be cool if he could comment briefly about which were the best players from each chararacter he have faced as well as matchup tips... I dont even play chun nor i care about playing her, but i'm definitely interested to what a grand master has to say about such stuff.

We need a interview with Pony or Gunze... that would be awesome.

I keep reading stuff about ST revival, about bringing this game back to life...
    Its nice to see big tourneys happening and old top players giving this game a chance again...
    But what we really need is new players... And having a strong scene obviously helps...
    But in my opinion what will really bring new players to our community is good tutorials/character guides so they can learn easily and have something to start... So, actually good players, stop being selfish and write stuff about the chars you know! The wiki is lacking so much basic content... Stop being lazy and do something about it.
  • philcitophilcito The Berserker Shoto Joined: Posts: 1,149Registered
    guys... you're doing it wrong ASK QUESTIONS!.

example: "what is your favorite color?"
  • studtrooperstudtrooper Let's get down to it. Joined: Posts: 2,639Registered
    What are Chuns toughest matchups (explain with detail)? Generally curious as to what gives the toughest ST Chun in the world issues.
    ST/HDR: Honda/Rog/Hawk | SSF4: Bison/Hawk
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero
    GGPO: demon_rage | Supercade: epistaxis
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 4,195Registered
    "Do you prefer ramen or soba?"  "Sushi or Sashimi?"  "Katsu-don or Curry?"
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 815Registered
    what is his opinion about damdai, the best us player right now
    <blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling
    <Pasky> he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
  • BoggleMindsBoggleMinds Joined: Posts: 307Registered
    1) In what ways has the Osaka ST scene changed since the closing down of Nagase UFO? It seems that both Aniken and yourself, as well as many Kansai players are inactive in part due to Nagase shutting down and the scene being a lot quieter these days.

1a) Some Osaka players have moved to Tokyo apparently (e.g. Komoda, YuuVega) -- did this impact your decision to go inactive?

1b) How long do you think the arcade ST scene will continue to last in Japan?

2) How did you feel about the recent East vs West (20v20) where the Kanto side won 2-0? Would the result have been different if you and/or Aniken were there?

3) Do you agree that MAO is the strongest ST player currently?
    "My first visit to an arcade changed my life. It was such a sensational experience. The fact I got to play with total strangers and connect with them through the game enthralled me." --Daigo Umehara

www.youtube.com/Guoguodi
    GGPO Handle: Gizzle
  • DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,511Registered
    I don't know if you want to ask possibly, one of the best Japanese players, if they think another player is considered the best. Someone told me once that that Otochun has the most Japanese tournament wins in the history of ST. I can't confirm that because I don't really follow Japanese tournaments, but if that's true, the whole "is Mao the best" questions seems a bit disrespectful.

Personally, I want to know how he gets his mind prepared for tournaments and how he was able to be so successful in an environment where other players have reached equal skill levels. How did he clutch out those wins against such fierce competition. How does he flip his win switch on and go into tournament mode?

I wish that question was asked to Kusumundo too. It's really hard to understand how he overcomes his hurdles using one of the worst characters to go into tournaments with. At EVO 2012, he beat DGV, Damdai, and Afro Legends. All these guys use characters that are among hondas worst match ups. My experience in tournaments playing against mentally tough players, you can almost feel their will to win as a physical force pushing against you. How do these players attain the mental fortitude they possess in tournament conditions?
    Ah shit..    
  • PointBreak91PointBreak91 Just one more sip Joined: Posts: 595Registered
    Jesus I had to wade through a lot of crap on this forum today to find a legit thread like this :/

Yo, ask my man if he's ever made sweet, sweaty love to a fine lookin' Japanese women dressed as his main. 15 years deep in the game, he must have truly seen and done it all by now.
  • Professor JonesProfessor Jones Joined: Posts: 213Registered
    In your opinion, who is the best player for each character ?
  • philcitophilcito The Berserker Shoto Joined: Posts: 1,149Registered

• FuddFudd Confidentially Crazy Joined: Posts: 1,142Registered
    philcito wrote: »
    I can't send 100 questions to Otochun, we don't want a boring and long <br />
    Not to mention a ton of work for translators!

In what other activities do/did you compete with your brother?
    What is Chun-Li's biggest weakness?
    If your Tougeki '03 team were to face off against themselves today, who would win?
    What are your favorite uses for Chun-Li's command normals?
    What was your most heart-breaking loss?
    "See, Super Turbo is a real man's game... But Street Fighter 4's like Chuck-E-Cheese, baby. Y'know what I'm saying? Where a kid can be a kid. I'm a grown-ass man, so clearly I'm not old enough to go in the ball pit." -Steve Harrison (Translation: dat Fo' make you soft)
    Super Turbo Revival
    "Look at that, what're you gonna do? Lose your charge? No no no. No no no no. You're gonna get SMILED on. With maracas." -Alex Valle on the Claw vs DJ matchup
    "When you play 99 games of SF2 with someone, you share a special bond with them for life." -Papercut
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,128Registered
    edited March 2013
    I don't know if you want to ask possibly, one of the best Japanese players, if they think another player is considered the best. Someone told me once that that Otochun has the most Japanese tournament wins in the history of ST. I can't confirm that because I don't really follow Japanese tournaments, but if that's true, the whole "is Mao the best" questions seems a bit disrespectful.
    Not to mention he OCVed MAO just after he got back from USA in a 3on3 tournament. He also plays a fierce O.Ken, on par with his brother's N.Ken.

An interesting question would be if he ever plays online and if he has a stick and button brand preference.
  • FuddFudd Confidentially Crazy Joined: Posts: 1,142Registered
    I thought of a great question yesterday that should be in every interview.

If you could only play one matchup for the rest of your life, what would it be? (You can play both sides, but only one matchup)
    "See, Super Turbo is a real man's game... But Street Fighter 4's like Chuck-E-Cheese, baby. Y'know what I'm saying? Where a kid can be a kid. I'm a grown-ass man, so clearly I'm not old enough to go in the ball pit." -Steve Harrison (Translation: dat Fo' make you soft)
    Super Turbo Revival
    "Look at that, what're you gonna do? Lose your charge? No no no. No no no no. You're gonna get SMILED on. With maracas." -Alex Valle on the Claw vs DJ matchup
    "When you play 99 games of SF2 with someone, you share a special bond with them for life." -Papercut
  • KuroppiKuroppi くろっぴ Joined: Posts: 708Registered
    1) In what ways has the Osaka ST scene changed since the closing down of Nagase UFO? It seems that both Aniken and yourself, as well as many Kansai players are inactive in part due to Nagase shutting down and the scene being a lot quieter these days.

1a) Some Osaka players have moved to Tokyo apparently (e.g. Komoda, YuuVega) -- did this impact your decision to go inactive?

1b) How long do you think the arcade ST scene will continue to last in Japan?

2) How did you feel about the recent East vs West (20v20) where the Kanto side won 2-0? Would the result have been different if you and/or Aniken were there?

3) Do you agree that MAO is the strongest ST player currently?
    These are great questions, especially 1a and 1b.  But I would probably suggest not asking question 3.  Maybe instead of asking that question about MAO, perhaps ask what he thought about ToL or more specifically the grand finals. ;)

I already suggested this to Philcito but he asked me to post it as well.  How he feels about playing in team tournaments vs solo tournaments (since team tournaments are typically the norm).
    Shhh... ST in da house!

www.strevival.com | @sf2kuroppi
  • Professor JonesProfessor Jones Joined: Posts: 213Registered
    Are there any particular roadblocks you encountered in your life as a ST player (for example, a character that you struggled against, a weak point in your game play that you had to overcome, or a player that was/is very hard to beat), and how did you deal with these problems ?
  • AngeloW88AngeloW88 Just Kicking It Joined: Posts: 127Registered

1. top 5 in the game (personal tier list) and where do you think Chun Li stands?

2. what do you think is the most difficult match up for Chun? and what do you think is the easiest match up?

3. How do you feel about the other top Chun li players in japan? like Nuki, Keishin. etc.
  • OilforthewinOilforthewin Joined: Posts: 101Registered
    edited March 2013
    How many times did you heard the word "Kikoken" in your life?

Hakan wins a match= His opponent didn´t know the matchup.(Nice excuse btw).
    Hakan loses a match = He lost, because he is bottom tier.
    (This is what some people would say, if one of those happens)

Steam profile:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198066484611

• ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 3,969Registered
    1. What do you think about HDR?
    2. If there's anything you could change about ST, what would it be?
    3. Who is/was your biggest rival in this game?
    4. Your fondest memory of playing ST?
  • MalvadiscoMalvadisco Marambio Joined: Posts: 1,152Registered
    why chun?

i would love to know that
    CARACOLES