How do you stop super jumpers?

ShackShack Stylin' on yaJoined: Posts: 441Registered
edited February 2013 in Newbie Saikyo Dojo
What are some good assists to stop super jumpers from getting in? Doom Missiles, Jam Session, what else? Thanks
Eee-Yoooh... Eee-Yaow
Post edited by Shack on

Comments

• XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX GOOMBA STOMP!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,381Registered
    Wow this one is a doozy. Alright, What team do you play?

And please learn how to grammar. Don't understand what asking internet.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Doom/Wesker::::TTT2: Lili, Kunimitsu
    Thanks to Savaii64 for DAT AV!!
  • ShackShack Stylin' on ya Joined: Posts: 441Registered
    Sorry. I was on my phone and it auto corrected. I have trouble with super jumpers getting on top of my Dormammu. Right now I run the following:

Dorm, Haggar, Strange
    Task, Dorm, Strange
    Firebrand, Dorm, Strange
    Strange, Dorm, Vergil

I'd prefer to keep Dorm and Strange (bolts), other slot it's open. Any recommendations? I also mix it up between keep away and rush down depending on who im facing.
    Eee-Yoooh... Eee-Yaow
  • d3vd3v Grumpy Infraction Machine Joined: Posts: 18,541Registered, Moderators
    Doom Missiles on anchor.
    Pinoy2DFighters - The Philippines brings you 3 things: terrorists, trolls and ass beatings in MAHVELL.
    D3Vlicious.com - Fighting game and arcade stick news.
    Follow me on Twitter @D3Vlicious
    PSN: unityd3v (US), pinakaguwaping (HK)
    edited February 2013

d3v said:
    Doom Missiles on anchor.
    Besides that... I feel like a lot of people try to rush you or super jump when missiles come out. Also missiles start up slow and are better for lock down or full screen super jumps, not right on top of you jumps since they fall down on top of you even after they get hit...

EDIT: Why was this put in the Newbie Dojo? This is related to UMVC3 and isn't a newbie question. It was a general question like many other on the main forum. I feel like I wont get a strategic answer here because it involves some discussion, it's not just a basic question.
    Eee-Yoooh... Eee-Yaow
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX GOOMBA STOMP!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,381Registered
    It actually kind of is considered a newbie question. 
    "What assist stops people from jumping?" Try the ones that go UP. Or the ones that hit people in the air. Like powered up Hsien-ko with Senpu-bu assist.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Doom/Wesker::::TTT2: Lili, Kunimitsu
    Thanks to Savaii64 for DAT AV!!
  • Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing AAAAAA! Joined: Posts: 3,697Registered, Moderators
    You might have better luck asking in the team building thread in the marvel section.
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
  • d3vd3v Grumpy Infraction Machine Joined: Posts: 18,541Registered, Moderators

Shack said:

d3v said:
    Doom Missiles on anchor.
    Besides that... I feel like a lot of people try to rush you or super jump when missiles come out. Also missiles start up slow and are better for lock down or full screen super jumps, not right on top of you jumps since they fall down on top of you even after they get hit...
    With Dorm, you can put some full screen pressure to help cover the assist call. In any case, Dorm has his own tools to cover super jump ins.
    Pinoy2DFighters - The Philippines brings you 3 things: terrorists, trolls and ass beatings in MAHVELL.
    D3Vlicious.com - Fighting game and arcade stick news.
    Follow me on Twitter @D3Vlicious
    PSN: unityd3v (US), pinakaguwaping (HK)
  • TenguEggTenguEgg Joined: Posts: 1,134Registered
    edited February 2013
    Shack said:

d3v said:
    Doom Missiles on anchor.

EDIT: Why was this put in the Newbie Dojo? This is related to UMVC3 and isn't a newbie question. It was a general question like many other on the main forum. I feel like I wont get a strategic answer here because it involves some discussion, it's not just a basic question.
    Play a character with super jump conversions that convert to death, its going to make people think twice if every time they super jump and try to dash/hit something, they get swatted out for it and die.  Barring that, characters like Dorm that counter SJ strategies, barring that, if you have no characters that can do the former, constantly dash under them when they're at SJ height and mix up their inputs and put them in constant 50/50s every time they try to touch the ground, trip guard em, do whatever. Barring all of that, superjump and air throw them, you'll come onto the screen nearly instantly and by the time they see it, they'll probably already have eaten a throw. If all of that fails, just pick a character thats better at playing at SJ height and play the same game ( except better ).

If you can't do any of that, pick a different team that lets you do it. You'd have to be playing a pretty terrible and unsynergized team if you couldn't do any of the above.

It actually kind of is considered a newbie question. 
    "What assist stops people from jumping?" Try the ones that go UP. Or the ones that hit people in the air. Like powered up Hsien-ko with Senpu-bu assist.
    I didn't ask what stops jumping. I asked what stops super jumpers that stay on top of you. As in directly above you. The Senpu-bu assist travels forward, not up. It's more of a get off me move like Haggar larriat. All I can think of are Doom Missiles, Jam Session, and Hulk's Up Charge.

d3v said:

Shack said:

d3v said:
    Doom Missiles on anchor.
    With Dorm, you can put some full screen pressure to help cover the assist call. In any case, Dorm has his own tools to cover super jump ins.
    I know Meteors, Stalking Flare and Purification can help stop jump ins. But I just wanted to hear some other assist or tactics people use. Some characters can travel pretty fast from full screen to directly above you before Purification can even come out. And if I go for a stalking flare, they are usually covered by a ground assist that knocks me out of it. So I wanted an assist to call to give me a second to get the momentum back.

TenguEgg said:
    Shack said:

d3v said:
    Doom Missiles on anchor.

Play a character with super jump conversions that convert to death, its going to make people think twice if every time they super jump and try to dash/hit something, they get swatted out for it and die.  Barring that, characters like Dorm that counter SJ strategies, barring that, if you have no characters that can do the former, constantly dash under them when they're at SJ height and mix up their inputs and put them in constant 50/50s every time they try to touch the ground, trip guard em, do whatever. Barring all of that, superjump and air throw them, you'll come onto the screen nearly instantly and by the time they see it, they'll probably already have eaten a throw. If all of that fails, just pick a character thats better at playing at SJ height and play the same game ( except better ).

If you can't do any of that, pick a different team that lets you do it. You'd have to be playing a pretty terrible and unsynergized team if you couldn't do any of the above.
    Usually when I try to go for a grab they're already dive kicking or travelling straight down like X23 dive or Frank West knee drop. Maybe my timing is off. And I agree with you, I am trying to rebuild my team so it has better synergy and less holes. That's why I'm asking if there are any assists I should be using. I will definitely try being more mobile when they're up there tho, thanks.
    Eee-Yoooh... Eee-Yaow
  • 6ixx6ixx Too easy... Joined: Posts: 230Registered
    Shuma gorath assist. Mystic ray stops everything
  • AnimageAnimage Joined: Posts: 25Registered
    Vajra.
    Or you could always airthrow their ass into a mini combo
    UMVC3 Main: Doom/Sent/Strider
    PSABR Main: Raiden
    PSN: ANMG97
  • Huggy BearHuggy Bear Scoops Häagen-Dazs® Joined: Posts: 1,265Registered
    Vajra.

Or jump right after them and be a man about it?
    I know some Anime that knows some Anime that robbed some Anime.
  • AceKillahAceKillah Later... Joined: Posts: 14,829Registered
    Call Vajra xx Teleport works pretty well.

oh unless you're fighting Zero.

This site sucks.

• AnimageAnimage Joined: Posts: 25Registered
    AceKillah said:
    Call Vajra xx Teleport works pretty well.

oh unless you're fighting Zero.

or haggar
    UMVC3 Main: Doom/Sent/Strider
    PSABR Main: Raiden
    PSN: ANMG97
    I decided to try rocking Dante's Jam Session the second they try to gain any air momentum toward me. It's been working pretty well so far. Don't have Shuma, but maybe I'll try Strider out somewhere down the line. Thanks.
    Eee-Yoooh... Eee-Yaow
  • KikuichimonjiKikuichimonji Watch out, I know frame data Joined: Posts: 4,213Registered
    Super jump hit-confirms are really useful. Usually they're safe on block and the only way they can get equivalent damage on you is either to do their own confirm on your super jump (they have to guess when you rise up to meet them usually) or to air throw you.

Alternatively, you can wait for them to come back down and prepare a hellacious mixup for them. They have to come down sometime.
    Domination 101 by Seth Killian - Why the hell haven't you read this yet?

Maj's Footsies Handbook - It's like the Bible, but for Street Fighter.