Upcoming Site Improvements

Comments

• rukawa_kaederukawa_kaede Video Games Are Dead Joined: Posts: 2,111Registered
    edited March 2013
    This size of the avs is very generous, I hope you guys keep it.  just add up the resolution looks like somebody vomited on my image

also the dark theme keeps on changing on me when I turn pages.
  • d3vd3v Grumpy Infraction Machine Joined: Posts: 18,541Registered, Moderators
    I'd like to point out that the skin is still not sticking.
    Pinoy2DFighters - The Philippines brings you 3 things: terrorists, trolls and ass beatings in MAHVELL.
    D3Vlicious.com - Fighting game and arcade stick news.
    Follow me on Twitter @D3Vlicious
    PSN: unityd3v (US), pinakaguwaping (HK)
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 9,864Registered
    I'm not so keen on the font, it's okay on the board's main page but once you enter a forum all the unread thread titles are bold.
    The Official Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist - http://www.facebook.com/streetfighterAF
    My Deviant ART VideoGame Desktop Wallpapers / http://f-1.deviantart.com/
    ಥ_ಥ ~ ಠ益ಠ ~ ಠ_ಠ ~ ಠ_ರೃ ~ F-1
  • The MartianThe Martian I squee for Squigly. Joined: Posts: 1,418Registered
    Is the avatar thing really that hard to fix or is it just not an issue for the people coding this shit...
    Skullgirls| DOA| Alpha 3| SSFIV
    I like Valentine, Mila, and Cammy.
    XBL: The Martian IV
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 9,879Registered

Is the avatar thing really that hard to fix or is it just not an issue for the people coding this shit...
    I can only assume its not top priority, like all the broken links in the strategy zone.
    :clapdos: www.playthirdstrike.com :clapdos:
    smgdesu: if you want to be top player you should eat hella ramen
    smgdesu: all top players like ramen

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • SaitsuSaitsu Rise of the Renegade Joined: Posts: 5,836Registered
    I think the Skin is working properly again.
    GT: TrinityRagnarok:  Time to LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIND
    UMvC3: Thor/Dorm/Doom, Thor/Doom/Ammy (teams in development) Trish/Strange/Doom
    KOFXIII: Kensou/Terry(Hwa)/Vice, (EX)Kyo, Shen, Kula, Iori, Saiki, Ralf, King, Billy
    SFxT: Poison/Lili, Lars/Paul.  (working on) Jin/Nina
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 9,879Registered
    yeah even looks like they made it default cause I dont get the flash of white like I was before, thanks!

another thing I noticed, the What's New (or active threads w/e) has been showing anywhere from 6-10 threads for me. dunno if its intentional, or currently being toyed with but figured id say something
    :clapdos: www.playthirdstrike.com :clapdos:
    smgdesu: if you want to be top player you should eat hella ramen
    smgdesu: all top players like ramen

• The MartianThe Martian I squee for Squigly. Joined: Posts: 1,418Registered
    edited March 2013
    Zebster said:
    @kedawa said:
    My avatar is blurry and not animated, despite the fact that I uploaded a crystal clear animated gif.
    That's because supposedly, the way the avatar's are currently enlarged is by taking the picture you upload, converting it to a non-animated 29x29 image, then enlarge it to its current size.
    That sounds a lot harder than just having the site resize the image to a specified size from the original pixels. 

What sense does it make to have the system transform the picture into microscopic proportions, and then enlarge it to all hell?

EDIT: I'm not saying what you're saying is stupid, the fact itself is just retarded.
    Skullgirls| DOA| Alpha 3| SSFIV
    I like Valentine, Mila, and Cammy.
    XBL: The Martian IV
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX GOOMBA STOMP!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,381Registered
    Yeah I think if a way could be found that would just ignore the thumbnail and use the profile picture instead, it might save some time. The size of the picture used in the forums is barely larger than the profile picture. Also Dark them is working flawlessly right now. I can finally take off my sunglasses when I come here.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Doom/Wesker::::TTT2: Lili, Kunimitsu
    Thanks to Savaii64 for DAT AV!!
  • The DukeThe Duke Watch ya feet and dome. And don't get scooped! Joined: Posts: 10,995Registered
    The borders around the icons in the reply box are still a mess.
    edited March 2013
    I'm not so keen on the font, it's okay on the board's main page but once you enter a forum all the unread thread titles are bold.
    This (and the colours) is the main reason I'm still using Kyle's custom themes instead of the default black one. Now if they could fix the font (Arial please) and adopt the yellow color from the Vanilla Blue theme, then all would be fine and dandy.
    Pinoy2DFighters - The Philippines brings you 3 things: terrorists, trolls and ass beatings in MAHVELL.
  • ChungriChungri No U Joined: Posts: 639Registered
    Ughhhhhh. So irritating just looking at the blurred messes. Lol.
    Psn:IcyOnionKnight(It's a Final Fantasy reference. Not a fucking Dark Souls or Game of Thrones one.)
    I've always wanted to ride on a mecha tiger back home. RIDIN' ON CATS! RUNNIN' AND SLASHIN'! *guitar riff*
    SSF4(currently relearning this game): Yang / SFXT(learning): Guy x Raven / Tekken Tag 2: Solo Leo or Wang / UMVC3: Anything with Strider in it. (I use Strider, not vajra and ouroboros. I'm not Maximillian, you know.)
  • SleazoidSleazoid Joined: Posts: 3,964Registered
    Zebster said:
    @kedawa said:
    My avatar is blurry and not animated, despite the fact that I uploaded a crystal clear animated gif.
    That's because supposedly, the way the avatar's are currently enlarged is by taking the picture you upload, converting it to a non-animated 29x29 image, then enlarge it to its current size.
    That sounds a lot harder than just having the site resize the image to a specified size from the original pixels. 

What sense does it make to have the system transform the picture into microscopic proportions, and then enlarge it to all hell?

EDIT: I'm not saying what you're saying is stupid, the fact itself is just retarded.
    The reason behind this particular fix is that it was a simple one - the forums were told to display avatars as 196x196 instead of 40x40. Most likely all that required was someone went into the forum settings and changed a 40 into a 196.

Changing thumbnails so that they are 196x196 instead of 40x40 is probably much more complicated, because you're now going into the forums and making large changes to how profile picture uploading and processing is handled.

in the meantime i find there is good fun in taking playful jabs at our new forum software
    and then i saw video three
  • SleazoidSleazoid Joined: Posts: 3,964Registered
    Zebster said:
    @kedawa said:

The reason behind this particular fix is that it was a simple one - the forums were told to display avatars as 196x196 instead of 40x40. Most likely all that required was someone went into the forum settings and changed a 40 into a 196.

Changing thumbnails so that they are 196x196 instead of 40x40 is probably much more complicated, because you're now going into the forums and making large changes to how profile picture uploading and processing is handled.

in the meantime i find there is good fun in taking playful jabs at our new forum software
    and then i saw video three
  • bmckaybmckay Most Ignored in OTT Joined: Posts: 2,669Registered
    Double post? I thought we were past this.
    "So unafraid to die, you'd think I did it before..."
    #FreeAizen
    I'll give it one thing, the forum now loads faster than the front page. To the point where I'm having trouble getting into WordPress but have no issue coming here.
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 11,760Registered, Moderators, Staff Online
    A lot of people have been asking me for notifications when quoted too. 
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Put Ken in UMVC3 Joined: Posts: 6,638Registered
    Chungri said:
    Ughhhhhh. So irritating just looking at the blurred messes. Lol.
    Which is why you should follow me, and you too could have a crispy avatar.
    I am not reading this comment to the end. This comment was made online which means its value is absolutely nothing. 1 misspell, 1 dropped comma, one apostrophe that doesn't show up and the entire point can be lost. Online comments CAN't do everything accurately with how poorly it was addressed. This comment therefore means nothing. - Honzo Gonzo
  • Dr.Spr0cterDr.Spr0cter What happened?.. Joined: Posts: 247Registered
    So if I want to read something I posted from 2001, where can I find that?
    "Now you listen good and you listen hard buck-o. The next click you hear is me hanging up. The one after that, is me pulling the trigger!"

Valaris said:
    A lot of people have been asking me for notifications when quoted too. 
    Yes, it's quite hard to keep track of conversations without this feature, especially since it's standard in most other forums that I know of.
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 815Registered
    I honestly now I have 0 desire to post, the youtube links dont have the titles anymore, lots of my old links dont show up, n most important, my blurry avatar, set highest priority to avatars
    <blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling
    <Pasky> he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 715Registered
    People seriously need to update their avatar to match the current size, all these blurry avatars are not so pleasant to the eyes.
    SG- Val-Cera
    P4a- Mitsuru/Kanji
    UMVC3- Wesker, Wesker, Wesker
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX GOOMBA STOMP!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,381Registered
    RoGE9 wrote: »
    People seriously need to update their avatar to match the current size, all these blurry avatars are not so pleasant to the eyes.

It has nothing to do with uploaded resolution. It has to do with how it takes your picture and compresses it. It then takes that and expands it turning it into a blurry fuckin mess. Take me for example. Go to my profile by clicking in my name. My picture is clean as hell. Then if you come back here its all blurry
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Doom/Wesker::::TTT2: Lili, Kunimitsu
    Thanks to Savaii64 for DAT AV!!
  • ErenEren Simple Rating Joined: Posts: 12,646Registered, Moderators, Premium
    I tried every resolution possible and it's certainly not that. The guy above is right, it has nothing to do with that. 
    av by savaii64
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 11,760Registered, Moderators, Staff Online
    Eren said:
    I tried every resolution possible and it's certainly not that. The guy above is right, it has nothing to do with that. 
    It has everything to do with it, but it's not something you can fix on your end. 
    You upload your avatar, it takes it and created a tiny thumbnail for it, then it re-enlarges it, fucking up the entire resolution. 
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
  • NooneyouknowNooneyouknow Joined: Posts: 2,416Registered
    Ok, now the theme options are just gone?
    XBL:Nooneyouknow13
  • therooktherook ...Why? Joined: Posts: 2,657Registered
    My Dark Theme Just exploded....
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 4,443Registered
    Are you guys ever going to fix properly linking to the correct 3S subforum and fix the avatars? This is going on a month now. 
  • SaitsuSaitsu Rise of the Renegade Joined: Posts: 5,836Registered
    NOOOOOOO...damn it...Dark Theme was too young to die.
    GT: TrinityRagnarok:  Time to LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIND
    UMvC3: Thor/Dorm/Doom, Thor/Doom/Ammy (teams in development) Trish/Strange/Doom
    KOFXIII: Kensou/Terry(Hwa)/Vice, (EX)Kyo, Shen, Kula, Iori, Saiki, Ralf, King, Billy
    SFxT: Poison/Lili, Lars/Paul.  (working on) Jin/Nina
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 1,271Registered
    Mr Wizard isnt FIT to make choices 
    I block better in Marvel than i do in Streetfighter :(

3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    Ae2012-Yun/Yang/Seth/Ryu/Cody/Dudley