Replacement Themes for Enhanced Browsing Pleasure

KyleKyle PS-14-GangstaJoined: Posts: 4,559Registered, Moderators
edited March 2013 in Shoryuken.com Feedback

These are replacement themes for the new Vanilla forums.

Vanilla Black

http://userstyles.org/styles/82968/vanilla-black
http://srktt.com/skin/vanillablack.css (for Opera) 

Vanilla Blue (Steel)

http://userstyles.org/styles/83217/vanilla-blue
http://srktt.com/skin/vanillablue.css (for Opera)

Vanilla Gray

http://userstyles.org/styles/83835/vanilla-gray
http://srktt.com/skin/vanillagray.css (for Opera)   

Firefox:
Install the Stylish addon
Click on the above link and install the skin

Chrome:
Install the Stylish addon
Click on the above link and install the skin
Alternately you can click on the above link and install the as a user JS (Not recommended)

Opera:
Save the css file on your drive
Browse to shoryuken.com
Right click on the site and choose Edit Site Preferences
Click Display
Click Choose at the bottom and browse to the file

6-Button is cooler
8-Button is dick

Post edited by Kyle on

Comments

• kitsunisankitsunisan I need alcohol Joined: Posts: 2,709Registered
    edited February 2013
    I...I love you...
    I might monkey around with this, get srk blue back. Forgot all about stylish. Thanks!
    DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES. THANK YOU - The Community
  • KyleKyle PS-14-Gangsta Joined: Posts: 4,559Registered, Moderators
    I love you guys back. Try it out and let me know of any major issues. I can do blue if there's enough demand. I have the colors for it.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

• Mr. PuppyMr. Puppy Joined: Posts: 114Registered
    Your display makes all of the font colors white. You made a worse version of the board.
    currently: Magneto/Storm/Dante
    blowing all day in the lab convincing myself that magneto/storm with jam session can push/pull morridoom into setups that has jam session blocking the projectiles.

in the graveyard: Firebrand/Dante/Task, Vergil/Strange/Ammy, Firebrand/Rocket/Dante, Dante/Missiles/Phoenix
    Lol, it's easy enough to fix, just look at the stylish code and change the hex to what you like.
    This is a hell of a lot better than the white background.
    Posts screenshots if issues. I primarily use Opera but this tested fine in Firefox.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

• PaperTigrePaperTigre Heartful Modder Joined: Posts: 2,068Registered
    edited February 2013
    Only two issues I'm seeing is that the rely text is white text on white background, and the line between the posts and the signatures is really faint, which makes it hard to glance through, its faint on the white theme too but its still a easy enough to see there
  • spenzaliispenzalii Joined: Posts: 1,800Registered
    Ah, this works for now. My eyes no longer burn with the light of a thousand suns...
    And we build BALLER SHIT! (c) Matskat
    edited February 2013
    Reply text is working in Opera. I'll see what is up with Firefox.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

• DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Hunts bots. Also pantsu. Joined: Posts: 7,995Registered, Moderators
    This works pretty well, but in Firefox it makes the text white while you're typing it. I keep having to highlight the text to make sure there are no typos. >.>
    Got a question or gripe about the new forum software? It might be covered in the FAQ.

"Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

Nominee, 2012 Arcade Stick Modder of the Year
    Text looks fine while typing it in Chrome.
    edited February 2013
    Uninstall and reload it. I fixed Firefox. The textbox should be black now with white text. Let me know if not.

What color do you want the signature divider line?
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

• DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Hunts bots. Also pantsu. Joined: Posts: 7,995Registered, Moderators
    Kyle said:

Uninstall and reload it. I fixed Firefox. The textbox should be black now with white text. Let me know if not.

Oh that's much better, thank you!

As for read and unread threads, is there a way to make unread threads a few shades darker? Links in posts should be darker as well, or a light blue, maybe.

(oh, and FYI, the mod CP looks a bit borked, but that'll only affect a few people ;P)

Got a question or gripe about the new forum software? It might be covered in the FAQ.

"Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

Yes, I'm noticing that read threads are showing as white, and unread are a light blue color. might be better to switch the two.
  • HawkHawk Tandem and Saikyo Joined: Posts: 1,187Registered
    Thanks! Works really well and is a good fix for the new and improved (tm) eye searing forums.
    I play League of Legends, and Heroes of Newerth. I play Dota 2. http://steamcommunity.com/id/hawksrk
    I also play random MMOs, and some fighting games too.
  • TstekTstek Joined: Posts: 8Registered
    edited February 2013
    Oh, god this is so much better.
    And it's so much easier to see the divider between posts now.
    Though I did have to change it a bit, as pure white text on a pure black background is a little jarring. And orange links because of reasons:

Tstek said:

Though I did have to change it a bit, as pure white text on a pure black background is a little jarring. And orange links because of reasons:

That looks really nice! Mind explaining how you did that, or posting the code?

• TstekTstek Joined: Posts: 8Registered
    edited February 2013

Tstek said:

That looks really nice! Mind explaining how you did that, or posting the code?
    I just installed the stylish theme at the start of this thread, and messed around with the code for a few minutes, here's the code:

Spoiler:

html, body {
    background-color: #5e5e5e !important;
    background-image: none !important;
    }

div * { background-color: transparent !important; }

body, div, h3, .CategoryName, .Item, .Title, .Number {
    font-family: "arial", "helvetica", "clean", sans-serif !important;
    font-size: 10pt !important;
    color: #dddddd !important;
    }

a:link, a:hover { color: #e08713 !important; }
    a:visited { color: #974500 !important; }

.ButtonBar { background-color: #ffffff !important; }
    .TextBox, .InputBox {
    background-color: #000000 !important;
    color: #f0f0f0 !important;
    }

.Row { background-color: #131313 !important; }
    .UserQuote, .CommentInfo, .PopList, .Dropdown, .Flyout { background-color: #060606 !important; }
    .UserSignature { border-top: 1px solid rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.102) !important; }
    .Promoted { box-shadow: none !important; }
    .Breadcrumbs { background-color: #333333 !important; !important; }
    .Breadcrumbs span a:hover:after { border-left-color: #333333 !important; }

(note: I hate that # is apparently the shortcut to search for something)
    *Edit: it's worth noting that, because the edit sign is black, and the dividers are nearly black, it's fairly hard to find the edit button, at the right side of the divider above your posts.
    *EditEdit: figured out how spoilers work.
    Tstek said:

here's the code:

I think I might actually like this one better! Very readable! Thanks a ton!

edited February 2013
    Tstek said:

Thanks for input! I changed link colors to be more visible and the black background to gray since there were hidden black icons. I also cleaned up the code a tad.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

• Exodus.Exodus. Joined: Posts: 857Registered
    You guys are the shit. I've got the grey one working now. I might mess around with this later to see if I can make it match my eclipse skin with a pale blue background and grey-ish letters. Good fuckin stuff guys.
    ...but what do I know?
  • AnneIFrankAnneIFrank Joined: Posts: 410Registered
    edited February 2013
    Thanks so much, I have super sensitive eyes. I want do my own colors but I'm so noob with html ;_;
  • phaedrusphaedrus Joined: Posts: 695Registered
    You sir are a saint.
    7 button is trap.
  • janoDXjanoDX I AM THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!! Joined: Posts: 1,357Registered
    Looks great. Thanks
    Jano's moustache
    UMvC3/P4A/SSFIV/COD/LoL/BL2 - XBL: TheJanoDX - Steam: TheJanoDX
    Follow me on Twitter!: @iamnotjanodx
  • ExtremeYoshiFanExtremeYoshiFan Joined: Posts: 937Registered
    This is so much better than the white! Now all we really need is a blue theme, but I can wait.
  • AlphaZeroAlphaZero Used Member Joined: Posts: 243Registered
    Thank you, white background was gonna give me a migraine for weeks
    GT: AlphaZero
    A2/CVS2.....SFxT? What sort of dark magic is this?
    (SF-Zero2)
    edited February 2013
    These are wonderful, but there have been a few tweaks made to the boards since yesterday that have made these skins a little less helpful:

Some requests:

-- Change the highlight "New" when viewing the thread list back to yellow
    -- When editing posts, a small message appears at the bottom of the post that says "this post was edited by xx on yy." The current stylish skins make this a normal-sized font in white. The default uses a smaller, red font. Changing it back to that would be lovely.

edit: To show what the "edited by" thing looks like.
    Post edited by DaRabidDuckie on

• MingoDynastyMingoDynasty I make videos Joined: Posts: 5,171Registered
    Why isn't this skin simply an option in the user control panel?
  • JavidJavid When will all this end? Joined: Posts: 1,250Registered
    How do IE users implement this?

• Icy Black DeepIcy Black Deep Still training... Joined: Posts: 463Registered
    edited February 2013
    Change the highlight "New" when viewing the thread list back to yellow
    .HasNew { background-color: #FFFF00 !important; }
    .HasNew > .Number { color: #000000 !important; }

When editing posts, a small message appears at the bottom of the post that says "this post was edited by xx on yy." The current stylish skins make this a normal-sized font in white. The default uses a smaller, red font. Changing it back to that would be lovely.
    .PostEdited { color: #E00000 !important; font-size: 0.8em !important; }

A couple other things:
    .Highlight { background-color: #404040 !important; }

Highlights the current page number in the links at the bottom of a thread.
    .Options { background-color: #404040 !important;  }

Is pretty ugly but at least I can find the edit button now. "filter: invert(100%)" might work better in Chrome (don't have it installed), but it's not supported in Firefox.
    Post edited by Icy Black Deep on
    New Jersey
    -- When editing posts, a small message appears at the bottom of the post that says "this post was edited by xx on yy." The current stylish skins make this a normal-sized font in white. The default uses a smaller, red font. Changing it back to that would be lovely.

Those have the class PostEdited, so you can add something like
    .PostEdited { color: #E00000 !important; font-size: 0.8em !important; }

to the CSS.

(Does this Preview button not work?)
    That got it nicely, thank you!

And preview does work, it just works... differently. It changes your post from edit mode to how it would look in an actual post without changing windows. If you want to finalize the post, click "Post Comment," otherwise click "edit" to go back to live editing.