what the hell did you do to the forums

Comments

• GalthrojhGalthrojh Joined: Posts: 184Registered
    This is f**kin painful on the eyes. Just sayin :/
  • Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 2,086Registered
    edited February 2013
    Ok. It seems that I can't make a post anymore. I made couple of attempts already, and it won't allow me to post. What the bloody hell. ~X(

To be specific, I can't post in the Lucasfilm thread for some odd reason.
    "Jury duty is a complete waste of time. I would rather count the wrinkles on my dog's balls than sit on a jury." - Eric Slye of Montana
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Hunts bots. Also pantsu. Joined: Posts: 7,995Registered, Moderators
    edited February 2013
    Ok. It seems that I can't make a post anymore. I made couple of attempts already, and it won't allow me to post. What the bloody hell. ~X(

Short answer: that post was flagged by the spam filter. Your account is now verified as a non-spammer, so that won't happen again.

edit: And that means the posts you made have all appeared. All of them. :p
    Got a question or gripe about the new forum software? It might be covered in the FAQ.

"Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

Nominee, 2012 Arcade Stick Modder of the Year
  • GordonsBeardGordonsBeard QCF+P Bad Stoned Joined: Posts: 365Registered
    And I was SO CLOSE to 1000 likes! You bastards reset the like counter! Now I will have to resort to posting nudes to compensate! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffuuu
    This was exactly my complaint :(
    I didn't have near 1k likes (holy piss grats on that), but I was rocking a pretty solid like:post*2 ratio that I was proud of.
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,218Registered

Short answer: that post was flagged by the spam filter. Your account is now verified as a non-spammer, so that won't happen again.

Seems kind of easy to abuse isn't it? If you say something unpopular what's to stop people from spam reporting you into oblivion?
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Hunts bots. Also pantsu. Joined: Posts: 7,995Registered, Moderators
    Ragnorok64 wrote: »

Seems kind of easy to abuse isn't it? If you say something unpopular what's to stop people from spam reporting you into oblivion?
    A bit in the rules where it says that abusing the report function nets you an infraction...

*glares at Mr. X*

:)
    Got a question or gripe about the new forum software? It might be covered in the FAQ.

"Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

Nominee, 2012 Arcade Stick Modder of the Year
  • Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 2,086Registered

Thanks for the reversal.
    "Jury duty is a complete waste of time. I would rather count the wrinkles on my dog's balls than sit on a jury." - Eric Slye of Montana
  • SteelgutteySteelguttey "KREE KREE KREE" - Firebrand Joined: Posts: 664Registered
    How do you change your sig...

HOW THE F*** DO YOU CHANGE YOUR DAMN SIG HOLY CRAP THIS IS TERRIBLE.
    XBL: Steelguttey
    UMVC3: Main: Amaterasu (Cold Star), Magneto (Disruptor), Vergil (Rapid Slash)
  • bmckaybmckay Most Ignored in OTT Joined: Posts: 2,669Registered
    edited February 2013
    How do you change your sig...

HOW THE F*** DO YOU CHANGE YOUR DAMN SIG HOLY CRAP THIS IS TERRIBLE.

Lol, you don't.
    "So unafraid to die, you'd think I did it before..."
    #FreeAizen
  • DTJBDTJB HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,096Registered
    edited February 2013
    Oh crap.  Uh, be right back, I need to fix something.  :-S
    One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of DAT ASS!
    Oh look, I have a deviantart page. http://dtjb.deviantart.com/
    PSN: DTJB-SD
    Avatar made by DTJB, that's a me!

• d3vd3v Grumpy Infraction Machine Joined: Posts: 18,541Registered, Moderators
    rogueyoshi wrote: »
    this is the worst forum frontend in the history of srk... what was wrong with xenforo?
    Xenforo was hosted on the same server as the front page which was causing all the slowdown issues. Vanilal is hosted for free on Vanilla's servers.
    Pinoy2DFighters - The Philippines brings you 3 things: terrorists, trolls and ass beatings in MAHVELL.
    D3Vlicious.com - Fighting game and arcade stick news.
    Follow me on Twitter @D3Vlicious
    PSN: unityd3v (US), pinakaguwaping (HK)
  • metallicabandmetallicaband Joined: Posts: 1,244Registered
    edited February 2013
    If replacing the forum software isn't an option, then at the very least fix this shit up!

- Fix the layout and how it looks in different resolutions, @ 1080p the header section isn't full, it doesn't extend throughout the screen and a portion of it is left blank.
    - The "Strategy Zone"section on the main page of the forums is a complete mess with the way sub-forums are sorted.
    - How about you add some hover effects to the main categories in the header ("Forums", "Discussion", "Activity"..etc)? It looks and feels so cheap right now.
    - There's no need for a billion options to mark posts (off topic, disagree, agree, like), "Like" alone IMO is fine, if you really want to keep the disagree option which alone will cause more crying on these boards than necessary, then remove the "Like" option and keep the other two.
    - Add a dark skin, the all white theme is really annoying for a lot of people and strains the eyes.
    - For whatever reason, the way the total numbers look (e.g 5k instead of 5000) feels really cheap to me.

I didn't even check if the forum's features function properly, like subscribing to topics and editing stuff, the current forum software is so damn bad I don't even feel like browsing the forums anymore, this is coming from an SRK forum whore.

Edit : Fixed something in my post and yet another annoying thing came up, the red note that mentions I edited my post a minute after posting it, make it so it doesn't come up if the post was edited within only an hour after posting it. People make some typos and like to quickly fix 'em sometimes, there's no need to let the whole world know about it in bright red colors lol.
    "Blanka is scrub." - Tokido
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 715Registered
    I hate getting a notification EVERYTIME someone posts in a thread, the old one just gave me 1 notification if multiple people posted in the thread
    SG- Val-Cera
    P4a- Mitsuru/Kanji
    UMVC3- Wesker, Wesker, Wesker
    d3v wrote: »
    rogueyoshi wrote: »<br />
    this is the worst forum frontend in the history of srk... what was wrong with xenforo?<br />
    <br />
    Xenforo was hosted on the same server as the front page which was causing all the slowdown issues. Vanilal is hosted for free on Vanilla's servers.
    Not "free". It's part of the cost of the software. From what I can tell, you have two options: Vanilla Open Source which YOU host, YOU fix, YOU design, YOU YOU YOU. Then there is Vanilla Hosted, where you are paying them to host your forum for a fee each month. A site this large isn't paying anything less than $150 a month just for the forum hosting. And that's only 300,000 page views a month. I'm thinking we're on the $550 plan, which grants a million views.
    #FreeAizen
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 19,534Registered, Premium
    edited February 2013
    why is the font still small? bump it up at least 1 size.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    "Art reaches its greatest peak when devoid of self-consciousness. Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make." - Bruce Lee
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    3rd Strike | King of Fighters XIII | Skullgirls | Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 715Registered
    edited February 2013
    I don't see the point of this thread when we already got another one dedicated to complaining about the new layout.
    SG- Val-Cera
    P4a- Mitsuru/Kanji
    UMVC3- Wesker, Wesker, Wesker
  • Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing AAAAAA! Joined: Posts: 3,697Registered, Moderators
    this is the worst forum frontend in the history of srk... what was wrong with xenforo?
    Pretty much everything. It was a real pain in the ass to deal with behind the scenes for a variety of reasons.
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
  • TRUEB7UETRUEB7UE The Once and Future King Joined: Posts: 102Registered
    The threads in the mobile version are at least semi-formatted correctly to the sides of my screen...

Thats cool I guess.
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,254Registered
    edited February 2013
    Pretty much everything. It was a real pain in the ass to deal with behind the scenes for a variety of reasons.
    This Vanilla crap is beyond a real pain in the ass to deal with in front of the scenes for a variety of reasons.

I guess the easiest way to make a forum faster is to cut down one's userbase by 90% via making the forum so ugly and shit that nobody wants to open it, but I'm not sure whether that counts as an actual solution~
    « SkullGirls. »
  • zUkUuzUkUu Theory Pro Joined: Posts: 3,188Registered
    Vulpes said:
    This Vanilla crap is beyond a real pain in the ass to deal with in front of the scenes for a variety of reasons.

I guess the easiest way to make a forum faster is to cut down one's userbase by 90% via making the forum so ugly and shit that nobody wants to open it, but I'm not sure whether that counts as an actual solution~
    Befiore the change, the Paul Forum was active like hell. Now there have been 2-3 posts within the whole past week lol.
    我道
  • Scrub SaibotScrub Saibot Raffle Cup Joined: Posts: 1,052Registered
    Why aren't the character forums fixed? Where the fuck is the SFxT Jin forum?
    Undisputed Canada Cup Raffle Champion (2011-2012)
    EVO2012 Skullgirls 9th Place
    Gamertag/PSN: Scrub Saibot
  • The-OlympianThe-Olympian 4 the Glory of Gaea Joined: Posts: 1,705Registered
    So how long is it gonna take for srk management to realize their mistake(s) and revert back away from this horrid forum system.. ..???? Please tell me they have a contingency plan...
    What of the Hunting, Hunter Bold? Brother, the Watch was Long and Cold.
    What of the Quarry ye went to Kill? Brother, He Crops in the Jungle Still.
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX TO of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 6,955Registered
    Why aren't the character forums fixed? Where the fuck is the SFxT Jin forum?
    Go to the main forum index and just control + F to search for it. 
    So, now that things are getting better here, here's a list of things that should be fixed in order to make this place better (without changing the forum software (vBulletin please)):

1. Darken all gray sections to increase contrast. This includes the postbit (user info), post dividers, sig line, etc.
    2. Darken the link text. Light blue on white is stupid and bad user experience.
    3. There are too many alignment issues. Sigs should line up with content. Edit information should line up with content.
    4. Change edit text color to black or dark grey and italicize it.
    5. Increase the content text size.
    6. Postbit hierarchy should be Username, Avatar, Usertitle, Access Group. Anything else looks sloppy.
    7. Once the gray areas and links have been darkened, darken EVERYTHING by 10-15%. This decreases eye strain.

I recognize that not all of these changes will get implemented, but they're all good and would dramatically decrease the complaints you'll receive (at least from me).
    #FreeAizen
  • TigerHoodsTigerHoods Joined: Posts: 23Registered
    WTF Seriously.
  • zUkUuzUkUu Theory Pro Joined: Posts: 3,188Registered
    to say something (and the only) positive: I like that you can "desticky" stickies now for yourself.
    我道
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX GOOMBA STOMP!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,381Registered
    The icons above the reply box aren't showing up. They are still there, but you have to hover over them to see what they do. Basically they are invisible buttons only your mouse cursor can see.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Doom/Wesker::::TTT2: Lili, Kunimitsu
    Thanks to Savaii64 for DAT AV!!
  • NeoChaosXNeoChaosX loves violin music Joined: Posts: 629Registered
    The icons above the reply box aren't showing up. They are still there, but you have to hover over them to see what they do. Basically they are invisible buttons only your mouse cursor can see.
    I can see them just fine using the default skin.
    Fear The Fin

Project Justice: Yurika/Chairperson/Kurow | AE2012: Rose | BlazBlue CS: Noel | Soulcalibur V: Viola
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,218Registered
    So who wants blurry avatars?!
  • Shin AkumaShin Akuma UWAH! Joined: Posts: 1,329Registered
    edited February 2013
    I think the people  who changed their avatars, those got blurry when they switched back to the big ones. Those who kept their original avatars after the upgrade (downgrade is more like it), they seem to be fine.

At least, that's what it seems like.

EDIT: Or it might be when people try to put a up profile picture. Seems like the profile picture is connected to your avatar picture. I could have sworn they were separate on the old SRK. 
    "When the new games are out, a lot of players are drawn to those new games and disregard the old classics." ― Kusumondo
    "If [your objective] is to make the best possible SF game, then catering to novices is obviously going to get in your way." ― Seth Killian, 1998
    "A good game is a good game, no matter how old. A bad game is bad, no matter how new." ― Seth Killian, 1996
    "Street Fighter IV is easy to start up with, and if newcomers play it and reach a professional level, those players may be able to move onto Street Fighter III." ― Yoshinori Ono