Official complain about the new forum layout thread.

Comments

• bmckaybmckay Most Ignored in OTT Joined: Posts: 2,669Registered
    How do I make the site a fixed length.

The forums are so wide and its really obnoxious to look at I hate being on this site now 
    Lol, you don't. The forums are sized so that... who am I kidding? They're sized hella arbitrarily and are not fluid, but they do allow an ad to fit in that second at the top of the page where the white ends in the header.

Take that for what you will.
    "So unafraid to die, you'd think I did it before..."
    #FreeAizen
  • SisqoDisqoSisqoDisqo Sign Up Date: November 1995 Joined: Posts: 376Registered
    how do i change my sig?
    :snkd::snka::m:N
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 10,635Registered, Moderators, Premium
    You can't: sig changes are locked down for now until that part is ready for public consumption.

http://zachd.com/mvc2

Founding member, Team Llama.  You can't beat what you don't understand.

• ErenEren Simple Rating Joined: Posts: 12,646Registered, Moderators, Premium
    I can change my sig, it's not locked anymore.
    av by savaii64
  • zUkUuzUkUu Theory Pro Joined: Posts: 3,188Registered
    Yesterday, I tried to find the SFxT Dudley subforum.

I navigated through the SFxT directory, it brought me to 3s Dudley.
    It's being worked on. Some of the databases got borked in the move and the Vanilla Support guys are having to help sort it out. I was told to expect news or updates this upcoming Thursday, at the very least.
    And why don't you just move the forums around manually? That hardly takes 30 minutes to an hour.

Also, is this design FINAL? Somehow it feels like srk.com staff is Capcom now - lack of information² (tho I appreciate YOUR work).
    我道
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX GOOMBA STOMP!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,381Registered
    Eren said:
    How so? don't see the option anywhere.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Doom/Wesker::::TTT2: Lili, Kunimitsu
    Thanks to Savaii64 for DAT AV!!
  • The-OlympianThe-Olympian 4 the Glory of Gaea Joined: Posts: 1,705Registered
    How hard is it to fix this font size.???
    What of the Hunting, Hunter Bold? Brother, the Watch was Long and Cold.
    What of the Quarry ye went to Kill? Brother, He Crops in the Jungle Still.
  • KyleKyle PS-14-Gangsta Joined: Posts: 4,559Registered, Moderators
    Eren said:
    How so? don't see the option anywhere.
    It's currently locked down to mods and admins. They are trying to ensure we don't have image signatures and other lameness.
    6-Button is cooler
    8-Button is dick

Replacement Themes for Enhanced Browsing Pleasure
  • The DukeThe Duke Watch ya feet and dome. And don't get scooped! Joined: Posts: 10,995Registered
    edited February 2013
    Please fix the ability to collapse quote pyramid unless the feature doesn't work with BBcode
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 715Registered
    My notification box is flooded with posts from only 2 bookmarked threads, I didn't even know someone posted in my 3rd bookmarked thread until I looked at the full list. In the other layout, it would have been listed as just 3 notification.
    SG- Val-Cera
    P4a- Mitsuru/Kanji
    UMVC3- Wesker, Wesker, Wesker
  • ZebsterZebster Even drugs couldn't explain this outrageousness Joined: Posts: 2,681Registered
    @RoGE9 said:
    My notification box is flooded with posts from only 2 bookmarked threads, I didn't even know someone posted in my 3rd bookmarked thread until I looked at the full list. In the other layout, it would have been listed as just 3 notification.
    Until/if that is fixed, I'd recommend turning off your notifications and instead bookmarking your bookmarked threads page and looking there instead.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussions/bookmarked
    Skullgirls teams: Ms. Fortune/Filia
    KOF 13 team: King/Takuma/Benimaru
    Mortal Kombat Mains: Smoke, Johnny Cage, Mileena
    Skullgirls movelist is Here
  • phantasyphantasy shl kick for evo2013 Joined: Posts: 4,185Registered
    Lol, I can't find the sfxt Ken forums. Index has SF4, Third Strike, CVS2, and MVC2 versions of Ken forums and not SFXT
    srk forum functionality is still a problem ~
    http://www.twitch.tv/schillbs local stream; mostly marvel
  • GespenstRitterGespenstRitter Joined: Posts: 20Registered
    When replying to a long post, I often like to break up the quotes into chunks to respond to each segment individually. The way the quote system works now, it's a real hassle to do that, especially because despite what it might say at the bottom of the page, to my knowledge you can't use BBCode in posts. 

Instead, I have to use this workaround where I copy and paste the original quote a bunch of times and get rid of the text that I don't need, which is still a hassle because the forum won't let me decide when a quote ends and a response begins.
    BB: Team Murakumo
    P4A: Akihiko, Yu
    KOFXIII: NESTS Kyo, Terry, Kim
    TvC: Tekkaman Blade, Ryu
    Skullgirls: Filia, Valentine
  • d3vd3v Grumpy Infraction Machine Joined: Posts: 18,541Registered, Moderators
    Some BBCode does not work. For example, when trying to post an image using [ img ] tags, the system turns it into a link instead.
    Pinoy2DFighters - The Philippines brings you 3 things: terrorists, trolls and ass beatings in MAHVELL.
    D3Vlicious.com - Fighting game and arcade stick news.
    Follow me on Twitter @D3Vlicious
    PSN: unityd3v (US), pinakaguwaping (HK)
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Hunts bots. Also pantsu. Joined: Posts: 7,995Registered, Moderators

d3v said:
    Some BBCode does not work. For example, when trying to post an image using [ img ] tags, the system turns it into a link instead.
    You're using the wrong button. Use the button on the second row. That one works.
    Got a question or gripe about the new forum software? It might be covered in the FAQ.

"Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

Nominee, 2012 Arcade Stick Modder of the Year
  • The DukeThe Duke Watch ya feet and dome. And don't get scooped! Joined: Posts: 10,995Registered
    What BB works? If I look at the source I always see html and typing out BBCode usually gives me nothing.
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Hunts bots. Also pantsu. Joined: Posts: 7,995Registered, Moderators
    edited February 2013
    Everything in the bottom row works.

Unfortunately, whatever change the live editor made broke spoilers. Hmm.
    Got a question or gripe about the new forum software? It might be covered in the FAQ.

"Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

Bottom row works but the view source button shows me html
    [b]PIZZA![/b]
    edited February 2013
    Hmmm... *thinks*

<b>test, test</b>

Edit: Nope, not html. Having thought about it for a sec, of course source code is going to show html. It would have to to be viewed in a web browser.

So I can't just type out BBcode? only the buttons work?

The Duke said:
    It's a live editor. You don't have to type anything out. You just use the buttons in the second row, and it does what you ask it to do.

• KikuichimonjiKikuichimonji Watch out, I know frame data Joined: Posts: 4,213Registered

The Duke said:
    It's a live editor. You don't have to type anything out. You just use the buttons in the second row, and it does what you ask it to do.

The Duke said:
    There are significant problems with the live editor. I often break apart long posts I'm quoting into smaller ones so I can address points one at a time, and I can't do that now.
    Domination 101 by Seth Killian - Why the hell haven't you read this yet?

Maj's Footsies Handbook - It's like the Bible, but for Street Fighter.
  • yomipoweryomipower not a legendary game designer Joined: Posts: 1,091Registered
    Why haven't they still fixed the strategy zone being all fuxored?
    Yomi, which is the Japanese word for the underworld. Also a brand of vitamins for children.
    YouTubes: ERUTROTSINEP
  • d3vd3v Grumpy Infraction Machine Joined: Posts: 18,541Registered, Moderators

d3v said:
    You're using the wrong button. Use the button on the second row. That one works.
    I was manually typing the BBCode in.
    Pinoy2DFighters - The Philippines brings you 3 things: terrorists, trolls and ass beatings in MAHVELL.
    D3Vlicious.com - Fighting game and arcade stick news.
    Follow me on Twitter @D3Vlicious
    PSN: unityd3v (US), pinakaguwaping (HK)
    edited February 2013
    Then I have no idea why I can't get BBcode work by typing it or even copying it right from the example wiki
  • Scrub SaibotScrub Saibot Raffle Cup Joined: Posts: 1,052Registered
    Why are the character forums for SFxT still not fixed?

Undisputed Canada Cup Raffle Champion (2011-2012)
    EVO2012 Skullgirls 9th Place
    Gamertag/PSN: Scrub Saibot
    Why are the character forums for SFxT still not fixed?

Oh man, if there were some sort of thread where questions that get asked repeatedly were answered, wouldn't that be great?

Wait, there IS a thread like that... :p

• Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 2,086Registered
    We don't have the ability to delete our posts anymore? That's pure bullocks!
    :-L
    "Jury duty is a complete waste of time. I would rather count the wrinkles on my dog's balls than sit on a jury." - Eric Slye of Montana
  • SubjectiveSubjective Joined: Posts: 136Registered
    edited February 2013
    Notifications are the main reason I come to this site. I have to manually check who responds, WTF. Bookmarked threads suck-- all my notifications are from the same thread, and it only shows a limited amount (20 or something).

Do mods event get flags? Motherfuckers in here calling each mother pussy ass faggots and I nobody does anything. Probably too much to ask of SRK though

:bz  I am speechless at this \m/ *-:) :-t  :ar! I'm going to end all of my posts with unrelated smilies. I wish there were sheep and  :o3 breakfast food  :!!
    PSN: Subjectivve
  • zUkUuzUkUu Theory Pro Joined: Posts: 3,188Registered
    WHEN WILL THE CHARACTER LIMIT BE RAISED AND WHY DOES THE HIDDEN BB-CODE IS INCLUDED?!

Seriously, I can't update any combo thread because all are "too long". Get your stuff together please. It's over a week already...
    我道