Screw you and your subscriber only chat rooms

AionAion Is a Pre-MadonnaJoined: Posts: 996Registered
As if we ain't got enough shit to pay for in life. Pay for too many things we need, too many things we don't need; and there's a whole lotta stuff we really want.

Not gonna write an essay but screw this shit. Viva la E-sports? =/

Screw it, semi-essay:

I just won't pay on principle. I do not want it to become a standard either. However, seems we live in an era where people are being taken for fools, and are ok with it or ignorant about it. I don't mind supporting LevelUpLive; and in fact wanted to...no beef against them but this greedy wave of a trend where so many twitch tournaments and general gaming sessions are restricted with subscriber only features takes the piss. Of course you guys can't see that because you don't mind being screwed over.

So, what if I wanna watch OGN; IPL; this tournament and the other and they all cost money? Wtf are we paying for, have you thought about that? 'Land of the free' and you're paying for CHATTING priviliges on a damn STREAM?

What? Hate the spam, hate the monsters? Well if you put sub-mode only chat, then haven't the trolls won? That was their whole damn point. Does it solve the problem when your chat room of 900+ (fluctuating) looks like this: subscriberonlyyeaahhh_zps20bfded6.jpg ?

You guys fell for all of Capcom's BS, all the DLC BS and other piss-taking BS of this gaming era; but for goodness sake have some self respect at some point. People always saying to "get with the times"; well it's 2013 and this era has a price stamp on it? It's the era of High Definition, and streaming and connectivity! Btw you might have to pay for most important 720p+ streams or be stuck at 480p (I know LevelUp didn't do this, this whole thread is a general statement) and chatting privileges...what is this? The year 2000?

Like I remember Southtown Arcade started doing sub mode only 480p; if you weren't subbed you were on some 340 nonsense, are you kidding me? Are the majority of you guys THAT irresponsile with your money? Or are you THAT blind? Are you THAT morally deprived? Or is this your acception of Capitalism?

"I wanna give a shout-out to all the viewers; thank you guys for supporting us, we wouldn't be anything without you guys tuning in"...months later we are repayed with sub-mode only chat and 720p. It's not like you automatically become a sub if you donated in the past either.

Bunch of fools mockingly chanting 'e-sports' when your beloved Evo is more e-sports than you would ever believe?

I seriously can't even understand how easily fooled people are these days; you take it up the backside and defend the people/ideologies screwing you over. "Nah man, it ain't no big deal". Cowards on leashes.

And I don't regret saying any of this because it is the truth and no one else was gonna say it. So let the ripple flow out; that's the least I can do atm.

Comments

• shiningnegroshiningnegro Joined: Posts: 888Registered
    Hmmm in chat rooms during events is there actually any chatting happening? It seems its just a bunch of nonsense to me.
    Lone Wolf Pack Interactive (New Indie Game Company)
    PSN: OneNappyNinja
    Main Games: TTT2 (Mains - Lily/Bruce) & SSF4:AE2012 (Main - Ibuki)
    Play the Best Puzzle Game on iOS & Android - www.crankycat.net
  • TweleveTweleve MEDICINE Joined: Posts: 5,451Registered
    God forbid people can't get their fix of Kappa LOL DOWNLOADED 5GOLDENLETTERS
    3 minute solo merciless vaal with EK. STEP TO ME SON, YOU DON'T FUCKING WANT NONE OF THIS NIGGA
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 323Registered
    I like it
    It's nice to meet you, too.
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 4,443Registered
    DansGame.png
  • CyclopsPawnchCyclopsPawnch PEW PEW Joined: Posts: 52Registered
    Streams cost money to run.
  • palipali PSN:Heavyjugz Joined: Posts: 972Registered
    anyone got a poverty stream up? i wanna make faces.

MVGame, ResidentSleeper
  • NephinelNephinel Elaice-chu Joined: Posts: 403Registered
    Streams cost money to run.

Not to mention it keeps some of the dumbs out.
    This battle is about to explode. FIGHT!
    Xbox 360 Gamertag: Nephinel
    Wii#: 6566-1074-9520-5724
  • The BreakerThe Breaker witchcraft works animu Joined: Posts: 1,458Registered
    This is how it should be.

If you want the world to know how stupid you are, pay up first.
    I don't play games because I am a game.
  • NephinelNephinel Elaice-chu Joined: Posts: 403Registered
    Aren't subscriber-only rooms in streams heavily moderated as well? More incentive to not behave like a retard in the chat.
    This battle is about to explode. FIGHT!
    Xbox 360 Gamertag: Nephinel
    Wii#: 6566-1074-9520-5724
  • KefKef Joined: Posts: 3,085Registered
    There's always poverty chats. Streams aren't free to run. Calm down.
    UMVC3: Main: [ Magneto-a/Zero-a/Dante-a] Persona 4: Main: Akihiko

If you wanna play some MVC2/Persona: PSN: KefPringlez
  • AugustAPCAugustAPC Inebrious Infinitus Joined: Posts: 284Registered
    Glad to see this happening.
    Like listening to kids rage over video games? Clicky!
  • BlackShinobiBlackShinobi Making moves Joined: Posts: 2,100Registered
    If every streamer switched to it there would be a dramatic improvement in all types of areas surrounding this community.

Like I said in some other FGD thread, it is a horrible thing that when you post a link on facebook or twitter to any stream; that your brother, aunt, coworker, potential event sponsor, etc. might click on that the first thing they see is the wall of hatred and idiocy that passes for stream chat. Just see if you can use a secondary stream for chat that what everyone did during Canada Cup. This way people who are checking a stream for the first time don't think the community is dominated by racists and morons right before they decide never to watch another one again. It also help support the people making the stream possible.
    New player gameplay video critique thread. :b: CLICK THE LINK AND CHECK IT OUT.
    Help the community grow one beginner at time.

"Project Shinobi"...Coming 2013
  • JacopeXJacopeX "Veras el color rojo cuando termine contigo." Joined: Posts: 388Registered
    Just gotta settle with poverty chat streams.

Better than nothing. XD
    ST/Alpha 3/CVS2/SSF4AE2012: Claw
    XBL/GGPO: JacopeX (currently learning how to Fightstick...sorry. =( )
    http://jacopexfgs.blogspot.com/ All my mains and fighters I play....
  • mistrnebmistrneb Joined: Posts: 107Registered
    This is a terrible idea, half of the reason fighting game streams are fun is because of the crazy ass chat. Now it's some deluded fucking boring subscriber only circle jerk.

Hype has been drastically lowered and now any chances of considering to donate or sub has gone down the toilet because pulling off a move like this just fucking sucks. Not everybody wants to set up a paypal and crap just to burn 3 dollars just to be able to express your hype. What a worthless purchase.

Also yeah Esports prophecy is becoming true yadda yadda. I just wouldn't expect this from the FGC who are usually cool about this kind of stuff.
  • HecatomHecatom 'dat plot Joined: Posts: 8,032Registered
    The good part is that maybe with this there would be less stream monsters throwing shit as usual
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    The good part is that maybe with this there would be less stream monsters throwing shit as usual
    Whatever, why would anybody be butthurt about that. It's adds to the hype when the chat is going fast and crazy, have you ever watched VGCW?
  • tatakitataki Non-SF4/MVC3 FG news: twitter.com/#!/novriltataki Joined: Posts: 4,809Registered
    Consider actually going to the events and there you can talk for free!
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • Ben PerkinsBen Perkins Joined: Posts: 4,683Registered
    Whatever, why would anybody be butthurt about that. It's adds to the hype when the chat is going fast and crazy, have you ever watched VGCW?

That is not even remotely the same thing
    Consider actually going to the events and there you can talk for free!
    Although supporting the community by going to events is good, it's borderline ignorant to say this because I bet you more than 75% of the people you see in stream are not able to make an expensive flight out to wherever that event is taking place just for a fighting game tournament. What do you think streams are for? They should be about letting everybody who has an internet connection to watch the tournament and socialize with each other as it's happening. By adding a sub only chat you are literally taking that social element out for a lot of people and it's kind of a kick in the balls for the people who don't want to or cannot pay. It's like half of what makes the stream good.
  • Dark RadianceDark Radiance MNS Azula Joined: Posts: 1,149Registered
    It's just a stream chat. Who gives shit. Back when I started playing games, there wasn't a stream like how there is now. You had to wait for random footage or buy a DVD. So just be glad you get to watch these matches and archives for free. It's really a luxury compared to just seeing the results of you weren't there.
    KOF:Saiki/EX Iori/Elisabeth
    Marvel: Viper/Magneto/Ammy
    Smash: Marth
    - Azula
    That is not even remotely the same thing

No matter what people will talk shit in stream, the first rule of the internet is to not take it seriously. If you mean wall of text spam, don't admins exist to battle that? From my experience if you have a team of good admins you can usually crack down on it pretty easily.
  • tatakitataki Non-SF4/MVC3 FG news: twitter.com/#!/novriltataki Joined: Posts: 4,809Registered
    Although supporting the community by going to events is good, it's borderline ignorant to say this because I bet you more than 75% of the people you see in stream are not able to make an expensive flight out to wherever that event is taking place just for a fighting game tournament. What do you think streams are for? They should be about letting everybody who has an internet connection to watch the tournament and socialize with each other as it's happening. By adding a sub only chat you are literally taking that social element out for a lot of people and it's kind of a kick in the balls for the people who don't want to or cannot pay. It's like half of what makes the stream good.
    I know that in your dream world events that aren't streamed don't actually exist, but imagine if all that time you spend watching others play would go on finding other local players around you and getting together to play...
    We don't need people to take a plane to Big Two or some shit... We need more local gatherings and more people who put in the time and effort to make them happen.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
    It's just a stream chat. Who gives shit. Back when I started playing games, there wasn't a stream like how there is now. You had to wait for random footage or buy a DVD. So just be glad you get to watch these matches and archives for free. It's really a luxury compared to just seeing the results of you weren't there.
    Dude we aren't in those times any more, free stream chat is kind of like a norm and it's reasonable to be disappointed about this. Stream chat is usually crazy, fun, hilarious, it sets FGC streams from other gaming streams.

Am I really the only dude against this BS? Come on I can't be the only person who isn't at least a bit put off by this. This is a step in a more negative direction IMO.
  • TweleveTweleve MEDICINE Joined: Posts: 5,451Registered
    fun and hilarious being highly questionable terms to describe twitch chat
    3 minute solo merciless vaal with EK. STEP TO ME SON, YOU DON'T FUCKING WANT NONE OF THIS NIGGA
    I know that in your dream world events that aren't streamed don't actually exist, but imagine if all that time you spend watching others play would go on finding other local players around you and getting together to play...

Wow holy shit dude, "I know that in your dream world events that aren't streamed don't actually exist"

You know how much of a douche you made yourself look like there? lol. So is this what the shoryuken forums are actually like or can I get better person to discuss this topic with.
  • HecatomHecatom 'dat plot Joined: Posts: 8,032Registered
    Anyone with a little amount of intelligence knows why this is a good thing
    The less chances that we give the stupid masses to express their idiocy, the better will get the community.

You don't understand how negative has been the impact of letting those fuckers to throw all the ignorance all the time.
    Ignoring the problem because "lol is the internet" would not solve anything.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 323Registered
    If not being able to chat ruining the stream for you, are sure you really like fighting games?
    It's nice to meet you, too.
  • X_SwordX_Sword -+FGs, Art, Manga, and Beats+- Joined: Posts: 1,620Registered
    Who exactly will you be talking to in those streams?
    **Fresh Music Select--Nas:'It Was Written...' full album stream
    --TurntheHeadphonesUp--
    Steam:Ne0Cloak
  • Dark RadianceDark Radiance MNS Azula Joined: Posts: 1,149Registered
    Dude we aren't in those times any more, free stream chat is kind of like a norm and it's reasonable to be disappointed about this. Stream chat is usually crazy, fun, hilarious, it sets FGC streams from other gaming streams.

Am I really the only dude against this BS? Come on I can't be the only person who isn't at least a bit put off by this. This is a step in a more negative direction IMO.

If you really feelin it, you can just buy it. It's only 3$. That's not a fortune at all.
    KOF:Saiki/EX Iori/Elisabeth
    Marvel: Viper/Magneto/Ammy
    Smash: Marth
    - Azula
    Anyone with a little amount of intelligence knows why this is a good thing
    The less chances that we give the stupid masses to express their idiocy, the better will get the community.

You don't understand how negative has been the impact of letting those fuckers to throw all the ignorance all the time.
    Ignoring the problem because "lol is the internet" would not solve anything.

It seems you have a really cynical opinion about people on the internet, especially when its completely anonymous. Truth is most of those people you see saying dumb shit is just a normal dude not being serious. Honestly there are bad apples everywhere, but most of the time these people are just normal dudes just talking shit because they have the freedom to. And honestly I see less hate and more just random and mildly amusing comments. Honestly giving that freedom to speak is in stream chat is better for the community than limiting it. The humor and non-seriousness of it all sets it apart from other fucking boring streams like Starcraft and Dota.