What fighting game would you like to see brought back for next gen?

Comments

• LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 4,443Registered
    petran79 said:

Time Slaughter, since the sequel got cancelled

Supposedly it's still being worked on, the guy is busy making an Adventure game and after that finishes he will look for a programmer for a TS2. 
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Joined: Posts: 133Registered
    @d3v said:
    Tobal is No. 1!
    This... All fucking day. I'd LOVE to see either a Tobal 2 HD remake or a Tobal 3.
    Fuck it, any of the SS fighters, whether be a refined Ehrgeiz (game had potential), Tobal, or Bushido Blade... BB with the move controller / Kinect could be a fun experience, though not much of a fighter.

And whoever said Toshinden... If it were like Toshinden 2 and not like Toshinden 3, that would be amazing. DAT EIJI SON!
  • DavDzDavDz Joined: Posts: 308Registered
    @d3v said:<br />
    Tobal is No. 1!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    This... All fucking day. I'd LOVE to see either a Tobal 2 HD remake or a Tobal 3.<br />
    Fuck it, any of the SS fighters, whether be a refined Ehrgeiz (game had potential), Tobal, or Bushido Blade... BB with the move controller / Kinect could be a fun experience, though not much of a fighter.<br />
    <br />
    And whoever said Toshinden... If it were like Toshinden 2 and not like Toshinden 3, that would be amazing. DAT EIJI SON!

What exactly was good about Toshinden 2? I am not trying to be a troll or anything, but all I hear about it was that the game was worse than the first BAT

I would definately like to see another Bloody Roar....Done right this time. Especially after the travesty that was Bloody Roar 4. It would have been pointless for Konami to acquire the license and basically not do anything with it....Much like Capcom does with alot of their work.

• Blood FeastBlood Feast h8 Joined: Posts: 115Registered
    New Samurai Shodown 2D that goes back to the two hits = death principal and no more idiotic characters that can fly off the screen like Storm and drop blue crap all over you.
  • NickRocksNickRocks Almost Godlike Joined: Posts: 9,988Registered, Premium
    NickRocks said:
    this aint even a QUESTION

MvC2 has to make it to the next gen or I have no reason to play fighting games EVER AGAIN 

also CvS2 for SNAAAAKE

gun: bang bang bang bang
    throw the arrow up forward
    HYPER VIPER BEAM
  • kuaikukiakuaikukia Joined: Posts: 9Registered
    I also vote for Bloody Roar. Hope someday or someone would bring it back
  • IsleySilverKingIsleySilverKing Joined: Posts: 93Registered
    Pit Fighter, hands down. And although not quite up there with the original, Pit Fighter 2.
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 3,969Registered
    See my avatar.  I want a fleshed out vs game featuring characters from the original and more.
  • SirMixahLotSirMixahLot Joined: Posts: 133Registered
    DavDz said:
    Tobal is No. 1!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    This... All fucking day. I'd LOVE to see either a Tobal 2 HD remake or a Tobal 3.<br />
    Fuck it, any of the SS fighters, whether be a refined Ehrgeiz (game had potential), Tobal, or Bushido Blade... BB with the move controller / Kinect could be a fun experience, though not much of a fighter.<br />
    <br />

What exactly was good about Toshinden 2? I am not trying to be a troll or anything, but all I hear about it was that the game was worse than the first BAT

I would definately like to see another Bloody Roar....Done right this time. Especially after the travesty that was Bloody Roar 4. It would have been pointless for Konami to acquire the license and basically not do anything with it....Much like Capcom does with alot of their work.
    I thought BAT1 had a lot of potential. They took a different approach with BAT2, that I remember being fond of. I don't own the game to go back and pinpoint exactly what it was, but I do recall BAT3 being absolute fucking trash. It could have been because of your choice of having 60fps and crap textures or great textures and low fps. Either way, the game was ass, and that michael jackson dude was just plain broken. I think there was recently a video of Chris G playing it, and it was hilarious to watch. That game was ass...

• d3vd3v Grumpy Infraction Machine Joined: Posts: 18,541Registered, Moderators
    DavDz said:
    Tobal is No. 1!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />

I thought BAT1 had a lot of potential. They took a different approach with BAT2, that I remember being fond of. I don't own the game to go back and pinpoint exactly what it was, but I do recall BAT3 being absolute fucking trash. It could have been because of your choice of having 60fps and crap textures or great textures and low fps. Either way, the game was ass, and that michael jackson dude was just plain broken. I think there was recently a video of Chris G playing it, and it was hilarious to watch. That game was ass...

I agree that BAT 2 was the shit!

That said, I'd just like to see the series given another shot in the arm and handled by a competent team. The series itself had an interesting premise - bringing 2D style moves into 3D - but the execution was just a bit off. It's not as bad as most people think it to be... at least not until 3.
    Pinoy2DFighters - The Philippines brings you 3 things: terrorists, trolls and ass beatings in MAHVELL.
    D3Vlicious.com - Fighting game and arcade stick news.
    Follow me on Twitter @D3Vlicious
    PSN: unityd3v (US), pinakaguwaping (HK)
  • Fadedsun303Fadedsun303 Joined: Posts: 992Registered
    We need a new Samurai Shodown game with updated 2D HD graphics like KOFXIII. 
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 1,769Registered
    Martial Masters. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER KOREA.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • Running WildRunning Wild Get To Da Choppah Joined: Posts: 1,450Registered
    edited February 2013
    Breakers, Fighters History and Power Instinct.
    YouTube Channel - All sorts of crazy and random vidya's of fighting games and shit.
    Stream - Watch me bad in various poverty fighting games.
  • PiccoroPiccoro Joined: Posts: 56Registered
    New Killer Instinct

New Darkstalkers (maybe happening)

New Rival Schools

SHENMUE III !
    PSN: PiccoroDaimaoh
  • DeathfistDeathfist Joined: Posts: 687Registered
    1]Turtles Tournament Fighters [hybrid of the SNES and Sega Genesis versions, so you get all the characters from both. 6 button like SF]
    2]Bloody Roar
    3]Project justice [rival schools 2]
    4]Killer Instinct
    5]Toshinden
    6]Tobal

Deathfist:
    -CONQUER, DOMINATE, OWN-
    -outwhatever your victim.
  • Sexperienced.Sexperienced. Краљ Joined: Posts: 3,909Registered
    edited February 2013
    mortal kombat with hd digital graphics not that 3d nonsense and fighters megamix.
    Post edited by Sexperienced. on
  • JacopeXJacopeX "Veras el color rojo cuando termine contigo." Joined: Posts: 388Registered
    edited February 2013
    - MK4 or MK4 Gold ported over to next gen consoles (and maybe even the 3D ones after that)
    - Weaponlord (curious about this one)
    - Guilty Gear/Blazblue Crossover (Probably one of the very few crossovers that will actually be GOOD, but of course I doubt this would happen)
    - Hokuto No Ken ported/or a new HNK
    - Melty Blood to actually hit consoles and get updated instead of having to play it on my inferior PC

New Games I secretly wish for

- Tatsunoko Vs. Sengoku Basara X....LOL just kidding. But that would be so epic. XD
    - Time Slaughter The Movie The Game (KILL KILL KILL KILL)
    ST/Alpha 3/CVS2/SSF4AE2012: Claw
    XBL/GGPO: JacopeX (currently learning how to Fightstick...sorry. =( )
    http://jacopexfgs.blogspot.com/ All my mains and fighters I play....
  • DTJBDTJB HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,096Registered
    A new Pocket Fighter.  Part of me knows this is a bad idea, but I really want this to happen so much.
    One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of DAT ASS!
    Oh look, I have a deviantart page. http://dtjb.deviantart.com/
    PSN: DTJB-SD
    Avatar made by DTJB, that's a me!

• LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 4,443Registered
    Breakers 2: Operation Condor. 
  • kingKoopakingKoopa I Kidnap Princesses Joined: Posts: 52Registered
    Power Stone!  make it happen!
    ". . .while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth."
  • itsOneOitsOneO Joined: Posts: 169Registered
    Pit Fighter, hands down. And although not quite up there with the original, Pit Fighter 2.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a Pit Fighter reboot.  It was a great concept.

I need a forklift for my money stacks!!!  lol
    The King of Pennsylvania Ave
    Watch My Animated Series "The Yard" !!
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 1,749Registered
    edited February 2013
    Rival Schools - Missed it first time round but played it one SVB and loved it.

Jurassic Park Warpath - Don't get me wrong, I dug the game out a few months ago and now knowing how to play fighters I can safely say the game is pure ass, but the concept of just putting 2 dinosaurs in an arena to beat the living **** out of eachother is too good to not try again.
    Atlus are the harbringer of PS3 region locking, boycott P4 Arena.
    Or at least just cop a second hand copy if you really must. (Hell would rather people do it half assed than not at all.)
  • King9999King9999 Beware the nice ones Joined: Posts: 5,834Registered
    Rival Schools.  I can never say this enough times.
  • BrokenBroken Machina De Verdade Joined: Posts: 1Registered
    bushido blade 2, rival schools/project justice, battle arena toshinden, garou, and pocket fighter
  • CyclopsPawnchCyclopsPawnch PEW PEW Joined: Posts: 52Registered
    I'm still waiting for a sequel to MvC2.
  • ArugulaZArugulaZ Uses Dan w/o Irony Joined: Posts: 116Registered
    >People voting Killer Instinct

Yo, KI is legit a terrible game. It's horrible and you shouldn't play it.
    You've never known the hype fo hitting someone with a combo so long they can order McDonalds and the combo ends when they get their food.
    Hey, why do you think they call the meals at McDonald's "super-sized combos?"

Anyway.  I'd really love to see Vampire Soldier, and apparently Yoshinori Ono does too. He's crossing his fingers until they break that Darkstalkers Resurrection will be a success so Capcom will give him the greenlight to make another Darkstalkers game, and while I'm not holding my breath for that, miracles CAN happen. (Heck, Ono had to push and prod just to get Capcom to revive the Street Fighter series!)

A Darkstalkers sequel would likely be in 3D, and that worries me a little, but they could make it work if they find the right art direction and kept the action strictly on the X/Y axes. Dimps would be ideal (their amazing cinematography in Street Fighter IV's ultra moves would be marvelous here), but I suppose Eighting/Raizing/Whatevering could work as long as they kept the game faithful to the original trilogy. That means no three button layout... give me three punches and three kicks, or give me death!

Bloody Roar would also be a fine candidate for a revival.  Hudson really whiffed this franchise in its PS2 installments, which is probably why we haven't seen a Bloody Roar game since. However, the zoanthrope play mechanic is brilliant and deserves another chance to shine.  Give me a game with the bright colors and personality of the first two, double the cast, and throw out the dumb fighters based on nothing in particular. There are tons of real creatures in the animal kingdom worthy of inclusion in Bloody Roar; you don't have to make any up. Honestly, how do you make four Bloody Roar games and not include a bear in the cast?  That's a travesty!

(What I'd like to see is a customization mode where you battle through a gauntlet of opponents, and the game tailors your character to your fighting style.  Use a lot of throws and get a bear as an alter ego, stay on defense and you become a turtle or a badger.  The farther you get through the gauntlet, the more powerful your hero becomes.)
    Dude, that's not Pringles! That's barely even Munchos!

Visit The Gameroom Blitz:
    http://www.lakupo.com/grblitz
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Put Ken in UMVC3 Joined: Posts: 6,638Registered
    Bloody Roar most definitely. I'd be completely fine with a full reboot of that series. As for the developer, I really cannot say although the most "obvious" choice would probably be Namco.
    I am not reading this comment to the end. This comment was made online which means its value is absolutely nothing. 1 misspell, 1 dropped comma, one apostrophe that doesn't show up and the entire point can be lost. Online comments CAN't do everything accurately with how poorly it was addressed. This comment therefore means nothing. - Honzo Gonzo
    Nah, it would be a bad idea to basically turn Bloody Roar into a Tekken clone. Besides, how would Namco do a game based on it when Konami owns the license?

d3v said:
    DavDz said:
    Tobal is No. 1!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />

I agree that BAT 2 was the shit!

That said, I'd just like to see the series given another shot in the arm and handled by a competent team. The series itself had an interesting premise - bringing 2D style moves into 3D - but the execution was just a bit off. It's not as bad as most people think it to be... at least not until 3.
    I am not shitting on the Toshinden series. I would actually be ecstatic to see a new Battle Arena Toshinden. Shit, I was even excited when I heard there was a new one coming for the wii....then my disappointment kicked in

• InknailInknail alert the lame police Joined: Posts: 107Registered
    It'd certainly be interesting if they could reboot Bloody Roar with a good game. Also Rival Schools, but I somehow don't see this happening at the moment outside of a "HD Remix."
    If they do reboot the Bloody Roar series, they should use the gameplay system from Bloody Roar 2. It's arguable which one between Bloody Roar 2 and Bloody Roar 3 is better gameplay wise