Why is this Website so slow?

Comments

• NickRocksNickRocks Almost Godlike Joined: Posts: 9,988Registered, Premium
    site works for me flawlessly. GOML
    gun: bang bang bang bang
    throw the arrow up forward
    HYPER VIPER BEAM
  • TheMeth90TheMeth90 Slowly learning Elena on 3S... Joined: Posts: 1,145Registered
    First, Google told me srk is corrupted, and sometimes when i navigate on the forum, Chrome block the navigation and told me there is a malware here.

And i have a lot of database error, infinite loading, fail to connect etc... really hard to post a msg.

I'm not complaining, just saying issues i have.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 3,888Registered
    @MrWizard spends all the ad paypuh on McRibs instead of some decent hosting.
    SFIV - Guile , Honda
    SFxT - Guile / Kuma , Nina
    TTT2 - Bob / Nina
    UMvC3 - Thor / Dormammu / Hawkeye
  • Ika Zuchi No KamiIka Zuchi No Kami dat Dun Dun Joined: Posts: 1,080Registered
    If I had a dollar for every error... :rolleyes: maaan I could take care of two kids and still have money on the side for myself.
    The crimes committed by these companies... are robbing humanity of its future. Eventually, they will destroy the entire planet. Updated games, and day 1 patches, as well, were waged to hide their crimes. Anti Capcom stands against them, fighting now to purge those sins. It is too late for compromises. Sacrifices must be made. The price we all must pay will be great. Atonement shall not be easy. The blame lies with all of us.
  • Nos99Nos99 Science Scrub Joined: Posts: 3,583Registered
    Honestly this is the worst performing website I have ever visited.

I love SRK, but... it's bad.

Hopefully new servers will be great! :rock:

EDIT: I got an error message when posting this lol
  • Nos99Nos99 Science Scrub Joined: Posts: 3,583Registered
    Just spent the last half hour trying to open a page... ?!?!

So.. What's the ETA on those new servers? :sweat:
  • gigabytegigabyte Reason why XXX Joined: Posts: 543Registered
    lets go database error all day
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 1,271Registered
    Untitled.png
    I block better in Marvel than i do in Streetfighter :(

3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    Ae2012-Yun/Yang/Seth/Ryu/Cody/Dudley
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX Whiteboard Gangsta Toad Joined: Posts: 2,900Registered
    Page not Found,
    which sent me back to a
    Front page that loads with Kineda ads, upcoming tournaments sidebar only, back there.
    - Shoryuken.com: your fun party settings fighting game edge!!
    - "Ryan is the man! Who would have thought his skills at dancing would surpass his skills at SF?"
    -- SF2: Piano/Guitar | SF3:Saxophone/Violin/DJ | SF4: Drums/Auto-tune | SFxT: Trash can drums/Tuba/Accordion.
    > KokuNukiCup @EVO 2013: Americahn Large Oppai WOAH King Gi Dora Sluts in the ballpit, Shibuya ShortShortsSuper Sportsland
  • yomipoweryomipower not a legendary game designer Joined: Posts: 1,091Registered
    We are moving the site to a new host in January, as the current host isn't able to handle our traffic.

So where's that new host? Site still works like shit.
    Yomi, which is the Japanese word for the underworld. Also a brand of vitamins for children.
    YouTubes: ERUTROTSINEP
  • Noble CactusNoble Cactus In name only. Joined: Posts: 8,341Registered
    VsIQXUi.jpg
    I jest, I jest.

Can we expect to see a server switch within the next week?
    "No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell."
    - Jung
  • RobotJonesRobotJones Stabmaster Arson Joined: Posts: 10Registered
    The Red Forum, a legendary ace three times slower than a normal website.
  • TheMeth90TheMeth90 Slowly learning Elena on 3S... Joined: Posts: 1,145Registered
    SRK has breast cancer? It's because of that it's so slow?
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond Joined: Posts: 737Registered
    I don't get ridiculous amounts of timeouts anymore,but it is indeed still slow,plus there's still double posts and the "like" function still messes up sometimes.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion. :clapdos:

Misterbeef: I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"
  • MrWizardMrWizard Supreme Commander Joined: Posts: 22,056Registered, Administrative, Moderators, Premium, Editors
    We are currently testing a new server. Please be patient.
    Shoryuken.com
  • zUkUuzUkUu Theory Pro Joined: Posts: 3,188Registered
    We are currently testing a new server. Please be patient.
    any eta? =/
    我道
  • deadfrogdeadfrog Please enter a value using 50 characters or fewer. Joined: Posts: 6,389Registered
    Why is this Website so slow?
    Because of breast cancer. :sad:

And right now we're doing everything we can to stop it. :p:
    When is the transition done? It's ridiculous that the site can't even handle 1,2k people.
    我道
  • SolidSonicTHSolidSonicTH Seeking new challenges Joined: Posts: 155Registered
    For me this is new. I never really had any problems until the past...maybe week or two. But now everything just chugs along at a crippled pace.

Yeah, I got a "Server did not respond" error when I first attempted to answer the poll. This shit is broke.
    Chicks dig guys who know their frame data...
  • dstlndstln Joined: Posts: 249Registered
    Good to hear it's being worked on, site's unusable at times right now
  • SteelgutteySteelguttey "KREE KREE KREE" - Firebrand Joined: Posts: 664Registered
    I love how wizard double posted that comment. Oh the irony.
    XBL: Steelguttey
    UMVC3: Main: Amaterasu (Cold Star), Magneto (Disruptor), Vergil (Rapid Slash)
  • PointBreak91PointBreak91 Just one more sip Joined: Posts: 595Registered
    Yuck, can't even like posts without crashing and freezing. Time for another donation drive! Maybe massive animated avatars are causing the lag? ;)

EDIT: this post had longer loading times than PlayStation :amazed:
  • MendisMendis Joined: Posts: 236Registered
    I can't even vote, because I get errors.
    This site is terrible for me and I'm not as active as I wanted to be when I created this account. Simply because I can't post, I can't like ... nothing. It's horribly slow and sluggish.
  • GhazManGhazMan Joined: Posts: 9Registered
    Everyone chill, they are sorting it out.
  • SolidSonicTHSolidSonicTH Seeking new challenges Joined: Posts: 155Registered
    Site seems somewhat improved, though I'd hardly call it a victory yet. At least the pages seem to load slightly quicker and more consistently now.
    Chicks dig guys who know their frame data...
  • 0sh0sh Floatbrella Fan Joined: Posts: 314Registered
    Site seems somewhat improved, though I'd hardly call it a victory yet. At least the pages seem to load slightly quicker and more consistently now.
    They haven't moved yet, it's just that less people are using the forums because the site is supposed to be down by now.
    SFIV: Sakura/Ibuki | LB2: Yuki
    GFWL: Vadsamoht2
  • G0F0RBR0KEG0F0RBR0KE Shun Goku Satsu Joined: Posts: 2,695Registered, Moderators
    This website isn't using a shared host. SRK is using a dedicated host for those who don't know it. Transferring a HUGE file isn't something that can be done in a week or so. He gotta transfer your account and ensure you don't need to reset your password because he cares about your lazy ass.

On top of that. He gotta transfer your avatars, your posts, threads, comments, like, pictures, videos, etc etc.
    Shun Goku Satsu :)
    www.battle-ground.net [Website is up and running]
    I'm wondering why there wasn't a news about it yet. Seems odd that they would just let users run into an offline page for over a week without clue what is happening.
    我道
  • AquasharkAquashark Mekong Delta AirRaid Joined: Posts: 1,256Registered
    woo! we've been upgraded, son! hopefully for the better..
    hello friends, my name is Drago Umeharevich from CrossCounter Balkans
  • MingoDynastyMingoDynasty I make videos Joined: Posts: 5,171Registered
    edited February 2013
    Unless I'm mistaken, all we have so far is a switch from XenForo to Vanilla Forums? And SRK is still on Namecheap?

edit: MrWizard (Tom Cannon?), if you are running this site solo, then why not ask others for assistance? Some of us are certainly willing to help, as SRK is one of the centerpieces of the FGC.