Why is this Website so slow?

Comments

• PerthoPertho Me on the left. Joined: Posts: 7,709Registered
    The problem is that you are guys are posting instead of playing. This is all done to encourage participation in your local communities as supposed to theoryfighting all day. Remember, the more time you spend playing, the less time SRK being wonky won't bother you.
  • J.DJ.D Keepin' it stylish! Joined: Posts: 3,447Registered
    The problem is that you are guys are posting instead of playing. This is all done to encourage participation in your local communities as supposed to theoryfighting all day. Remember, the more time you spend playing, the less time SRK being wonky won't bother you.

I always have SRK open when I'm on training mode for reference.
    Twitter: @SRKJD
    UMVC3: Dante/Spencer/Magneto
    XBL: TRUJD3S
  • MysticRayMysticRay Mashes Dive Kick Until It Works. Joined: Posts: 4,692Registered
    Pls Mr.Wiz
    tumblrmean7fssvl1rkzeda.gif

FIX YOUR DAMN WEBSITE!
    UMVC3 Teams: Kawaiibrand/Skrub/Whackbot . Kawaiibrand/Dog/Skrub
    Lovez the chubbays and Dark Magician Fatty.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • AndoTheCommandoAndoTheCommando Sorry I'm late! Joined: Posts: 2,525Registered
    I can't tell if all the double posts are out of irony or not.
    "If I can't beat it, it's probably broken."- Ben Perkins.
    "He's american so he has to get retarded rewards for minimal effort."- Ace's thoughts on Captain America combos.
    "not only is this bitch a super kawaii desu roboto she fucking fun as fuck and ALL THE FUCKING PRETTY COLORS."- Jamal313 on playing Aigis.
  • Crazy_mofo213Crazy_mofo213 It's my BnB, I never f*ck it up Joined: Posts: 1,951Registered
    This site runs pretty bad on a daily basis. I assumed maybe it was my connection, but then I'd open up other tabs and they would load up fine.

EDIT: It took about 3 tries to actually post this wtf? -_____-
    UMVC3: (Felicia/Taskmaster/Rocket Raccoon) (Felicia/Taskmaster/Dr. Doom)
    BB: Tsubaki/Platinum
    3S/SSF4: Ibuki
    XBL: FrenchFry213
  • J.DJ.D Keepin' it stylish! Joined: Posts: 3,447Registered
    Why is there people so many people who think that Wiz is the only one who runs the website :confused:
    Twitter: @SRKJD
    UMVC3: Dante/Spencer/Magneto
    XBL: TRUJD3S
  • 0sh0sh Floatbrella Fan Joined: Posts: 314Registered
    Would have been hilarious if that post came out double.
    SFIV: Sakura/Ibuki | LB2: Yuki
    GFWL: Vadsamoht2
  • The BreakerThe Breaker witchcraft works animu Joined: Posts: 1,458Registered
    Why pay for good hosting when I can show you these sweet deals on jeans and get money for it?
    I don't play games because I am a game.
  • Noble CactusNoble Cactus In name only. Joined: Posts: 8,341Registered
    Why is there people so many people who think that Wiz is the only one who runs the website :confused:
    His name/handle is the only name many people can attach blame to, since his is the one that appears most often in the actual forums. I suppose it's serving one of its purposes by drawing attention away from the site's coders/actual server host.

Anyway, this site does run terribly most of the time. A month or so ago, the site would run slowly at regular intervals, likely when bots were spamming the gd. Now the site seems slow almost consistently.
    "No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell."
    - Jung
  • CougarCougar Logic, yo. Joined: Posts: 1,528Registered
    I don't actually know what to vote. SRK is kind of a mixed bag for me. Back on my gaming PC, I never ever have any problems, which is weird. On my iPod or weaker PC's, low-trafficked threads with primarily text work perfectly fine. Larger threads however, with more posts and video embeds tend to lag like hell an crash altogether on my iPod, and seem more likely to produce errors in general.

Interestingly enough, refreshing the page and scrolling directly down to where I want to like/quote/post and doing it as quickly as possible produces much more consistent results than notmal browsing. Basically, the longer I idle, the more errors I get. But my gaming PC, oddly enough, has no problems with the site.

Maybe SRK should start running ads that say "Can't run this site? Upgrade your PC today!"
    [ Magneto | Nova | Sentinel ]
    UMvC3: [Strange/Haggar/Arthur] Low tier heroes, represent!
    PSN: TheCougar44. Add me if you want to play some matches!
  • MrWizardMrWizard Supreme Commander Joined: Posts: 22,056Registered, Administrative, Moderators, Premium, Editors
    We are moving the site to a new host in January, as the current host isn't able to handle our traffic.
    Shoryuken.com
  • DreizeDreize How quaint... Joined: Posts: 874Registered
    LOL^.
    UMvC3: Doctor Strange/Doom/Hawkeye & M.O.D.O.K/Doom/Doctor Strange
    BBCS:EX: Main: Valkenhayn Sub: Litchi

"He doesn't have magic ice swords or chains to zip around on. He can't float or fly or counter or control the fucking wind. He just beats the shit out of you." --Huggy Bear on CP Azrael
  • KefKef Joined: Posts: 3,085Registered
    Took me 1 minute to like that comment.
    UMVC3: Main: [ Magneto-a/Zero-a/Dante-a] Persona 4: Main: Akihiko

If you wanna play some MVC2/Persona: PSN: KefPringlez
  • AndoTheCommandoAndoTheCommando Sorry I'm late! Joined: Posts: 2,525Registered
    We are moving the site to a new host in January, as the current host isn't able to handle our traffic.
    Well there's my answer. Thanks for the update, at least.
    "If I can't beat it, it's probably broken."- Ben Perkins.
    "He's american so he has to get retarded rewards for minimal effort."- Ace's thoughts on Captain America combos.
    "not only is this bitch a super kawaii desu roboto she fucking fun as fuck and ALL THE FUCKING PRETTY COLORS."- Jamal313 on playing Aigis.
  • The DukeThe Duke Watch ya feet and dome. And don't get scooped! Joined: Posts: 10,995Registered
    Same reason people blame the president for everything.
  • d3vd3v Grumpy Infraction Machine Joined: Posts: 18,541Registered, Moderators
    But GD doesn't play fighting games.
    Pinoy2DFighters - The Philippines brings you 3 things: terrorists, trolls and ass beatings in MAHVELL.
    D3Vlicious.com - Fighting game and arcade stick news.
    Follow me on Twitter @D3Vlicious
    PSN: unityd3v (US), pinakaguwaping (HK)
  • PaperTigrePaperTigre Heartful Modder Joined: Posts: 2,068Registered
    The loading is getting worse by the day.
    Today I went to open tech talk to check what was new, I went and took a shower, and I came back and the page still hadn't loaded.
    I really hope this gets resolved soon.
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 797Registered
    look into http://www.hostgator.com/
    they are the best hosting in my opinion and have are one of the fastest hosts available (you can look it up too if you don't believe me). from my experience, they are very reliable with high traffic.
  • Nini HeartNini Heart official #2 noel brown hater Joined: Posts: 6,603Registered
    You used to be able to fap and laugh at dumb niggas in the tier threads simultaneously.... Now you can only fap :( R.I.P SRK
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    I ♥ dickgirls
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond Joined: Posts: 737Registered
    For real. I have a shit ton of unread posts on threads now because they don't even load when I open them.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion. :clapdos:

Misterbeef: I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 9,879Registered
    I've noticed this weird behavior with SRK (maybe just xenforo in general) when going from 1 page to another where the page will load, but hang right before the page refresh for absurdly long. If I see the page change the title and url, I just close the tab and re open it, and the page loads instantly, instead of hanging there for 15 minutes waiting for the refresh. It's a tiresome workaround, but a workaround nonetheless.

EDIT: I had to do it just now to see if my post actually showed up :arazz:
    :clapdos: www.playthirdstrike.com :clapdos:
    smgdesu: if you want to be top player you should eat hella ramen
    smgdesu: all top players like ramen

• 0sh0sh Floatbrella Fan Joined: Posts: 314Registered
    I get a lot of unexpected database errors.

I don't see why the server always seems so surprised - I've come to expect them all the time.
    SFIV: Sakura/Ibuki | LB2: Yuki
    GFWL: Vadsamoht2
  • HisakiHisaki Pro Lurker Joined: Posts: 22Registered

I'm pretty much a nobody here, but I've been using the site since about 2005. Registered right around the time SF4 came out, and I've been logging on pretty much daily, not posting much, but reading to my heart's content in fighting game discussion and GD. I was considering upgrading to Premium lately, not for the benefits, but because, if a site out there deserves the cash, it's this one. Unfortunately, the recent server problems have made me reconsider.

If your move to the new server does indeed fix things up, though, I will definitely be plunking down the money for premium. I'll be all over it faster than... Hm. Faster than rcaido jumps on his Asian wife. Yes, that analogy should do.
  • HisakiHisaki Pro Lurker Joined: Posts: 22Registered

I'm pretty much a nobody here, but I've been using the site since about 2005. Registered right around the time SF4 came out, and I've been logging on pretty much daily, not posting much, but reading to my heart's content in fighting game discussion and GD. I was considering upgrading to Premium lately, not for the benefits, but because, if a site out there deserves the cash, it's this one. Unfortunately, the recent server problems have made me reconsider.

If your move to the new server does indeed fix things up, though, I will definitely be plunking down the money for premium. I'll be all over it faster than... Hm. Faster than rcaido jumps on his Asian wife. Yes, that analogy should do.

EDIT: Wow, even I'm victim to the ironic double posts.
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 9,864Registered
    Good news. I was in two minds whether to quote and like Mr. Wizard's comment, don't want to use up precious bandwidth.

So come Jan, the site will be down for a while whilst everything get's upgraded. Must be a major headache for everyone involved.
    The Official Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist - http://www.facebook.com/streetfighterAF
    My Deviant ART VideoGame Desktop Wallpapers / http://f-1.deviantart.com/
    ಥ_ಥ ~ ಠ益ಠ ~ ಠ_ಠ ~ ಠ_ರೃ ~ F-1
  • bkfst_sausagebkfst_sausage ST / SRK2k3 OG Joined: Posts: 2,802Registered
    Wanna know something weird? Those odd hangups... Yeah, log out and they magically go away... That's effing weird.
    PSN: M1X4H < click it!
  • WickedBobWickedBob Dumb Member Joined: Posts: 215Registered
    Very bad for me.
  • chuuchuu Fan of the female form Joined: Posts: 3,455Registered
    the site is great between the hours of 1 a.m. EST and 8 EST :D during all over times I question posting...
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Joined: Posts: 1,147Registered
    Guys, I just got a notice from Google Chrome saying content from b.localpages.com is giving this site malware.

Even fucking Google Chrome has better anti-virus software than SRK... :shake:
  • D4GamersD4Gamers Just Like Cap! Joined: Posts: 261Registered
    The fuck!? I've been trying to access this site all week wanting to create a thread ranting about how bad this site has become, I've gotten Database Errors and Failure to connect messages every single time I try to access this place. I'm glad to hear Wizard is actually trying to resolve the issue. Hopefully this message actually goes through, I'm more than likely going to hit another error screen, but on the slim chance it goes through, Sorry for the double post.
    -Vanilla MvC3: Main:Zero/ Viper/ Taskmaster I Alt: Skrull/ Wesker/ Sentinel
    -Ultimate MvC3:Main: Spencer/ Hulk/ Doom I Alt: Doom/ Akuma/ Strider
    - Currently learning: Ironfist, Dante, Frank West