Why is this Website so slow?

RokmodeRokmode FOLLOW MY LEAD!Joined: Posts: 5,814Registered
I'm sure this has been asked hundreds of times at this point, but I haven't really gotten a consistent and solid answer. When I click a thread, it often takes minutes to load, only to tell me there's a data base error. When I try to post, it loads and loads then decides that my post isn't worthy to be posted and says an error has occurred, so I try posting again. After refreshing 900 times, it turns out that I've double posted. There are also really slow hours where the site just does not work, and it continuously crashes. What's up? It's not my internet either, and I've tried browsing with adblock on, and the ridiculous speed is still in effect. I've tried different computers on numerous days and even different peoples' internet. This seems to be a very widespread issue as well, and it's becoming very irritating. I don't think I've ever used a website in my life that ran so slowly with so many errors. If there's something that I can do on my part, I would love to know. This seems to be occurring more recently as well.
THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."

Comments

• DreizeDreize How quaint... Joined: Posts: 874Registered
    Nice signature.

Also, I have the same issue. This site runs terribly. Not sure why.

I'd like to blame XenForo, but I don't think that's the right answer.
    UMvC3: Doctor Strange/Doom/Hawkeye & M.O.D.O.K/Doom/Doctor Strange
    BBCS:EX: Main: Valkenhayn Sub: Litchi

"He doesn't have magic ice swords or chains to zip around on. He can't float or fly or counter or control the fucking wind. He just beats the shit out of you." --Huggy Bear on CP Azrael
  • NooneyouknowNooneyouknow Joined: Posts: 2,416Registered
    Off hours when no one at all is posting, the site loads as one would expect it to, basically instantly. But the majority of the time, it's sluggish, times out constantly (often takes 10 or so attempts to even manage to "like" a post) and then when it suddenly decides to work for a minute or two, *BAM* quadruple posts. There has to be something that can be done about it.
    XBL:Nooneyouknow13
  • NooneyouknowNooneyouknow Joined: Posts: 2,416Registered
    Off hours when no one at all is posting, the site loads as one would expect it to, basically instantly. But the majority of the time, it's sluggish, times out constantly (often takes 10 or so attempts to even manage to "like" a post) and then when it suddenly decides to work for a minute or two, *BAM* quadruple posts. There has to be something that can be done about it.
    XBL:Nooneyouknow13
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 1,754Registered
    For me, it's no coincidence that since SRK went and 'upgraded' their ads, things have become vastly slower. I never remember having this probably last year. Especially when MVC3 came out and it got really busy. But since SRK implemented these news ads, I've had atrocious slow down, pages that won't load at ALL and sometimes the main site won't be accessible. It also seems to work like a train schedule. IE, at one point, specifically 4PM in the UK, SRK WON'T work. Period. I do blame the ads for such slowdown and the vast number of bots which have appeared over the last few months. They really do need to look at where this website is going, as right now it really can be a pain to do the simplest of tasks. Such as image quoting, loading pages, replying to other posts and just general access to the website.
    http://zeroisbetterthanwesker.blogspot.co.uk/

"Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • 0sh0sh Floatbrella Fan Joined: Posts: 314Registered
    I know you did that on purpose, but even so, point well made.

If it really is just an inability to handle larger traffic flows, then it shouldn't be a difficult fix. Hopefully whatever it is will be fixed soon.
    SFIV: Sakura/Ibuki | LB2: Yuki
    GFWL: Vadsamoht2
  • ErenEren Simple Rating Joined: Posts: 12,646Registered, Moderators, Premium
    This xenforo layout has been a disaster ever since it was implemented. There's ads, the site is slow as fuck, and server errors popping all over the place.

I don't speak for all the old heads here, but plz bring back the "no ads" perk as part of the premium package. That was a BIG deal.
    av by savaii64
  • 0sh0sh Floatbrella Fan Joined: Posts: 314Registered
    I think I've found the problem (or at least part of it). SRK is hosted on registrar-servers aka namecheap, and their hosting is widely known to be ass.
    SFIV: Sakura/Ibuki | LB2: Yuki
    GFWL: Vadsamoht2
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Joined: Posts: 5,905Registered
    Site runs like crap for me too. I don't even try around 6PM EST as the site won't even load for me at that time
    PSN: Hawkingbird
  • SisqoDisqoSisqoDisqo Sign Up Date: November 1995 Joined: Posts: 376Registered
    i honestly don't think vBul would run any better on SRK's current hosting service.
    :snkd::snka::m:N
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 9,864Registered
    I have the same problem. It seems to happen a lot when I hit the like button, then when I refresh it comes up with liked by (deleted user)
    The Official Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist - http://www.facebook.com/streetfighterAF
    My Deviant ART VideoGame Desktop Wallpapers / http://f-1.deviantart.com/
    ಥ_ಥ ~ ಠ益ಠ ~ ಠ_ಠ ~ ಠ_ರೃ ~ F-1
  • AndoTheCommandoAndoTheCommando Sorry I'm late! Joined: Posts: 2,525Registered
    I'll have times where I just don't even bother to try browse. It will get that bad that I'll just throw in the towel and do something else, if I try load anything it's more likely I'll get an error than something constructive actually happening.
    "If I can't beat it, it's probably broken."- Ben Perkins.
    "He's american so he has to get retarded rewards for minimal effort."- Ace's thoughts on Captain America combos.
    "not only is this bitch a super kawaii desu roboto she fucking fun as fuck and ALL THE FUCKING PRETTY COLORS."- Jamal313 on playing Aigis.
  • Dime_xDime_x master theorist Joined: Posts: 4,801Registered
    Srk has been terrible as far as loading times for awhile now... I dont knw ehat it is... But its supremely annoying to say the least and may be losing the fgc valuable recruits to say the most... Who wants to log onto a laggy ass new site to them? I wouldnt.
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/double & Peacock/x/painwheel. SSF4 AE 2012: Ibuki
    ST: Dee Jay,Vega,Ryu,Zangief,Boxer,Chun,Guile,Sagat
    If you're offended by your own playstyle that doesnt make sense -Pali
    -Dime_x
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 19,534Registered, Premium
    A few other FG sites use this same forum software without these issues. Avatars take like 10 minutes to change while the other sites are basically instant as well.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    "Art reaches its greatest peak when devoid of self-consciousness. Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make." - Bruce Lee
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    3rd Strike | King of Fighters XIII | Skullgirls | Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
  • EirokajEirokaj 'Aesthetician' Joined: Posts: 818Registered
    Thank you, Rokmode. :rofl:

Yeah, it's been terrible for awhile now, and even gotten much worse during these later months. When I first joined here on the SRK, the site oddly wasn't so bad; at least for once I could actually post/like with ease in mind. Maybe its due to trafficking from other sites, too many active threads, and/or this server in general. Who knows...
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace It all starts with this.... Joined: Posts: 981Registered
    This xenforo layout has been a disaster ever since it was implemented. There's ads, the site is slow as fuck, and server errors popping all over the place.

I don't speak for all the old heads here, but plz bring back the "no ads" perk as part of the premium package. That was a BIG deal.

and the rep system while your at it :coffee:
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    "Chaos Control A hoe"
    The greatest weapon one can bring to a fight is his own mind." -L.Luther
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 4,443Registered
    SRKslowness_zpse97945d4.jpg

I went to Like his post...

Yeah, this site needs some fixing and less horribly intrusive ads.
  • The MartianThe Martian I squee for Squigly. Joined: Posts: 1,418Registered
    Site is a big pile of steaming monkey turd lately. I click like, I get an error. I click reply, I get an error. I try to go back to the home page, I get an error. And changing avatars is a hassle that's not even worth dealing with at this point. Sometimes I'll try to change mine and it'll go to a picture I used to have as my av months ago. Shit doesn't make any sense.

The loading times are randomly atrocious too. Sometimes the page will just sit there blank for almost half an hour before anything will even load. :bluu:
    Skullgirls| DOA| Alpha 3| SSFIV
    I like Valentine, Mila, and Cammy.
    XBL: The Martian IV
  • EmanuelbEmanuelb Joined: Posts: 1,255Registered
    Yeah, I usually don't have problems with srk, but latelly it's really annoying. This I tried to log in - I couldn't even get to the forum. I went on doing something else.

I'm not that pretentious, but when you're waiting 10 min to load a pg...it's like the dark ages of internet.

Edit - I tried to post this - 1st try - error.:(
    SSF4 AE v. 2012 - Tier List (v.2013) - http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2879/tierlist2013.png

SSF4 AE v. 2013 - updated Buff List: http://www.freeuploadsite.com/do.php?id=3721
  • AlzarathAlzarath Remember, salt is part of a balanced diet. Joined: Posts: 3,420Registered
    Tried to vote - error.

Tried to like post - error the 1st time.

Tried to post, myself - multiple errors :rofl:

SRK DA BES HURHUR
    "For the amount of new players who play FGs, you won’t see nearly enough new talent in top 8s. This is because too many people are bitches." - Aris

PSN: not_alzarath (East Coast) | @AlzarathEX
  • ThirteenthorderThirteenthorder Gloria? Never heard of the girl. #kappa Joined: Posts: 1,347Registered
    Sometimes the site just refuses to load.

And I cry.
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death. Joined: Posts: 3,518Registered
    To me whenever I click "post reply", it usually gets the error message, and it doesn't matter how many times I click it, 70% of the time I get the same message and the worst part is that it sometimes results in double posts or even triple (note that sometimes I only click the post reply button and for some reason it gets a double post).

Takes too long to go to pretty much any page of any thread too, but I believe everyone is having this problem as well.
    Weeks ago... I was playing Marvel vs Capcom 3. I was just training, standing at the wooden platform, floating on the river of the Demon Village. I was at the end of this path the platform was going, after that it went further, and I came to a cemetery, and there was a lake. Very secluded, and there were tall trees all around. The music stopped playing. It was dead silent. Gorgeous... and across the lake I saw from far away... a beautiful blue woman, standing in front of the lake... but she was crying...
    My team can't be this crazy - drawn by OTTer Kassy Just... try to find me on PSN.
  • MilesRieyMilesRiey Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death. Joined: Posts: 3,518Registered
    To me whenever I click "post reply", it usually gets the error message, and it doesn't matter how many times I click it, 70% of the time I get the same message and the worst part is that it sometimes results in double posts or even triple (note that sometimes I only click the post reply button and for some reason it gets a double post).

It also takes too long to go to pretty much any page of any thread too, but I believe everyone is having this problem as well. At least sometimes the pages can load pretty fast but that's only sometimes.

Edit: Took more than 10 minutes to post this >__>...
    Weeks ago... I was playing Marvel vs Capcom 3. I was just training, standing at the wooden platform, floating on the river of the Demon Village. I was at the end of this path the platform was going, after that it went further, and I came to a cemetery, and there was a lake. Very secluded, and there were tall trees all around. The music stopped playing. It was dead silent. Gorgeous... and across the lake I saw from far away... a beautiful blue woman, standing in front of the lake... but she was crying...
    My team can't be this crazy - drawn by OTTer Kassy Just... try to find me on PSN.
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex HARDBody Joined: Posts: 7,156Registered
    This place is borderline unusable. The ads are one thing, but server errors and waiting several minutes for shit to load is ridiculous.
  • Tien GoukiTien Gouki Captain Jack Joined: Posts: 1,692Registered
    Well I've been here since 2001. And I've never ever seen it this bad. Also all these problems could easily be fixed. But
    Mr. Wizard only gives a shit about money. He doesn't give a shit about you. Only the money he can get from anyone.
  • Monster637Monster637 Rage Trigger Joined: Posts: 867Registered
    usually its the server service or a share server cheap plan, more then its format vbull or what ever this is,...server changes to another service can be messy or run smoothly,,,,,,i blame the 50 OTT marvel threads of stupid shit lol
    Sent From under Your bed......Using Your MOM!!!
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 4,443Registered
    Literally 5 minutes after posting the site went down for about 20 minutes (I was trying to post in the 3S subforum) then it came back up and I swear this page took the longest to load. This is the first time I was able to get in in almost 30-40 minutes.
  • Nini HeartNini Heart official #2 noel brown hater Joined: Posts: 6,603Registered
    usually its the server service or a share server cheap plan, more then its format vbull or what ever this is,...server changes to another service can be messy or run smoothly,,,,,,i blame the 50 OTT marvel threads of stupid shit lol
    blame the ad money going to MCribs instead
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    I ♥ dickgirls
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • kikimaru024kikimaru024 Mid-tier scrub Joined: Posts: 1,460Registered
    SRK and VFDC have been horrible (if not impossible) to use ever since "upgrading" their board software.

Shit sucks so hard.
    Use uBB or something, please.
    Seimitsu & K-sticks > Sanwa JLF.
    This truth is not universally acknowledged.
  • ReanRean Freebuki Joined: Posts: 597Registered
    took me 5 mins to load this thread
    There is no such thing as innocence,only degrees of guilt.
  • J.DJ.D Keepin' it stylish! Joined: Posts: 3,447Registered
    I have the same problem as well. Im guessing its because this website gets millions of hits every week, so the bandwidth must be expensive.
    Twitter: @SRKJD
    UMVC3: Dante/Spencer/Magneto
    XBL: TRUJD3S