DARKSTALKERS RESURRECTION coming to XBLA and PSN

Comments

• power_strenght_manpower_strenght_man Cobham tier Joined: Posts: 75Registered
    Some sites claim that they actually did announce DS4, but it seems like bullshit to me
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Joined: Posts: 5,905Registered
    Is Iron Galaxy handling this port?
    PSN: Hawkingbird
  • Noble CactusNoble Cactus In name only. Joined: Posts: 8,341Registered
    11_darkstalkers01.jpg

Looking mighty HnK there, Demitri and Donovan.

I'll wait for tomorrow before I pass any judgments. Reported SFIV-style models, if true, will certainly rile people.
    "No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell."
    - Jung
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 4,443Registered
    Is Iron Galaxy handling this port?

Yes.
  • HD-ManHD-Man Token Black Guy Joined: Posts: 2,252Registered
    Sf4's models were well done...its just the artstyle of the game that was fugly
    "Words of wisdom: You suck." - Gen
    "Your arms aren't long enough to box with God." - Nas
    "Show me a king, that's never suffered a loss and I'll show you a man who's never given his all." - Don Trip
  • RX-78-3RX-78-3 Newport News Arcade OG Joined: Posts: 141Registered
    Well since we already have the darkstalkers games on the PSN as PS1 classics and they are still releasing this, my hopes only go up that we are going to get a GGPO online version of Alpha 2/3 later down the line.
    :f::d::df:+:p:
  • HusteenHusteen We have a problem. Joined: Posts: 831Registered
    morrigan!!!

what exactly is the "1 low price"?
    do you ever wonder why i'm where i am now?
  • jedpossumjedpossum What you say? Joined: Posts: 2,667Registered
    snip.
    Damn that is some horrible art. I have no words on how ugly that is.
    If you mention Jojo's expect a long talk.
    Computer memory doesn't lie the heads up display can.
  • LuluLulu Joined: Posts: 668Registered
    Stuff

This is not a new game.
    Also trailer:
    Yes.

Then I'll like it at least.
  • kenurankenuran Aroduc Jr. Joined: Posts: 1,982Registered
    If the game is well done, alot of you will be getting fucked up by me with PSN Savior. I dont give two damns about a new game. It wont be as good as Savior. I am content for now.
    I am The God of Might.

Teaching yourself Kanji is quite the bitch...
  • YinYin fun fun fun Joined: Posts: 3,396Registered
    One thing is certain, this announcement is a clusterfuck. Lots of people unsure if DS4 was announced or not (probably not). Especially with the "DS Resurrection" title. That's gonna blow up in Capcoms face. Like everything they do lately...:coffee:
    slay this unaligned ant!
  • HD-ManHD-Man Token Black Guy Joined: Posts: 2,252Registered
    Did Patrick Stewart narrate that trailer? lol
    "Words of wisdom: You suck." - Gen
    "Your arms aren't long enough to box with God." - Nas
    "Show me a king, that's never suffered a loss and I'll show you a man who's never given his all." - Don Trip
  • RX-78-3RX-78-3 Newport News Arcade OG Joined: Posts: 141Registered
    So it sounds like DS4 has NOT been confirmed and Capcom is waiting for the sales numbers of the GGPO bundle before they green light.

However, reports are that the cabinet Ono brought still hasn't been covered. Rumors are that their will be something else announced. So their is still hope/possibility.

I really hope we get some sort of official press release soon so that we know exactly what is going on. Mass confusion from everyone on different report sites.
    :f::d::df:+:p:
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 4,443Registered
    I never really liked the old games. They just seemed like button mashers to me. Same with the old Marvel games. So I'm neutral. I'd be more interested in a DS4 and what that will bring to the table.

If Capcom's smart they'll make DS4 M rated and try to appeal to the MK crowd. Kappa
  • SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,260Registered
    My internet was too ass for reliable GGPO.

LESSS GOOOOO
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 4,084Registered
    Nothing says "monsters and demons fighting" like dubstep!
    Party Robot!!

Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 1,749Registered
    So here we have a game which has been proven to work with GGPO over the course of several years being resold by a company which has been allowed to use GGPO.

I predict that rather than use it this port will have it's own netcode developed with input delay so bad the stuff you attempt to do in the first round comes out in the second. (This may be an exaggeration, but I'm sure you catch my drift)

Disregard that read the other article in this thread that mentions GGPO, thank goodness, day one purchase.

Instead I predict someone will come in this thread and start being snotty towards anyone who likes the game and is happy to see it rereleased but doesn't main game it and spend all their time waiting around the Darkstalkers lobby in GGPO right now.
    Atlus are the harbringer of PS3 region locking, boycott P4 Arena.
    Or at least just cop a second hand copy if you really must. (Hell would rather people do it half assed than not at all.)
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 2,478Registered
    wait sooo there hasnt been any word on DS4?

damn you SRK frontpage for misleading me!!!
    Skullgirls Best of the Best round robin tournies, add this gamertag as it will be easier for everyone to arrange games (aBOBSKULLGIRLSa) (Xbox360)

UmvC3 : Dante/Spidey/Hsien-Ko Skullgirls : Fortune/Cerebella
    Phoenix Wright(Maya)/Ghost Rider/Vergil
  • KarateLincolnKarateLincoln Eighting's Number One Fan Joined: Posts: 506Registered
    I was expecting more buttmad in this thread. Maybe it'll come later.
  • SaitsuSaitsu Rise of the Renegade Joined: Posts: 5,836Registered
    So here we have a game which has been proven to work with GGPO over the course of several years being resold by a company which has been allowed to use GGPO.

I predict that rather than use it this port will have it's own netcode developed with input delay so bad the stuff you attempt to do in the first round comes out in the second. (This may be an exaggeration, but I'm sure you catch my drift)

Considering it's being done by Iron Galaxy who has put GGPO in their last two rereleases AND has notably improved with said implementation (plus after getting lambasted about 3SOE, has made personal strides to try and redeem themselves to everyone out of their own pocket), I really don't see the point of said exaggeration.
    GT: TrinityRagnarok:  Time to LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIND
    UMvC3: Thor/Dorm/Doom, Thor/Doom/Ammy (teams in development) Trish/Strange/Doom
    KOFXIII: Kensou/Terry(Hwa)/Vice, (EX)Kyo, Shen, Kula, Iori, Saiki, Ralf, King, Billy
    SFxT: Poison/Lili, Lars/Paul.  (working on) Jin/Nina
  • Scrub SaibotScrub Saibot Raffle Cup Joined: Posts: 1,052Registered
    Nothing says "monsters and demons fighting" like dubstep!
    Nothing says "we don't give a shit so we were as lazy with this trailer as we possibly could be" like dubstep.
    Undisputed Canada Cup Raffle Champion (2011-2012)
    EVO2012 Skullgirls 9th Place
    Gamertag/PSN: Scrub Saibot
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Ruining lives... Joined: Posts: 11,508Registered
    Confused..............

Is Darkstalkers Resurrection the only Darkstalkers game coming out?

WTF is "Darkstalkers is not dead"............is it a brand new game?

Are the frontpage scribblers being stupid again?
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 1,749Registered
    Considering it's being done by Iron Galaxy who has put GGPO in their last two rereleases AND has notably improved with said implementation (plus after getting lambasted about 3SOE, has made personal strides to try and redeem themselves to everyone out of their own pocket), I really don't see the point of said exaggeration.
    Yeah, my bad, saw GGPO mentioned in the other article, had just assumed it hadn't been confirmed after seeing no sign of it in the SRK front page article or the trailer.
    Atlus are the harbringer of PS3 region locking, boycott P4 Arena.
    Or at least just cop a second hand copy if you really must. (Hell would rather people do it half assed than not at all.)
  • MatriarchMatriarch Lilim Joined: Posts: 720Registered
    So is this an arcade port? I want all the animation frames.
  • SaitsuSaitsu Rise of the Renegade Joined: Posts: 5,836Registered
    Yeah, my bad, saw GGPO mentioned in the other article, had just assumed it hadn't been confirmed after seeing no sign of it in the SRK front page article or the trailer.

Well thankfully, we're at the point where we already knew it was in when it was announced.
    GT: TrinityRagnarok:  Time to LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIND
    UMvC3: Thor/Dorm/Doom, Thor/Doom/Ammy (teams in development) Trish/Strange/Doom
    KOFXIII: Kensou/Terry(Hwa)/Vice, (EX)Kyo, Shen, Kula, Iori, Saiki, Ralf, King, Billy
    SFxT: Poison/Lili, Lars/Paul.  (working on) Jin/Nina
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 1,386Registered
    Wubstalkers Wubberection.

Welp, that's my bad joke for the day.
    PSN: rayplay
    Currently a practitioner of the Kitchen Fist Fire Chaos Style!
    "Fall down seven times, get up eight." - T.O.M.
  • Cee DizzyCee Dizzy Bro, do you even dive? Joined: Posts: 3,012Registered
    Im with it. This is our chance to get a new Darkstalkers. Plus, VS is a classic.
    I was expecting more buttmad in this thread. Maybe it'll come later.

Check the comments on the front page for butthurt.
  • felinekifelineki Joined: Posts: 909Registered
    I wonder if Pyron, Huitzil and Donovan will be unlockable in Savior. It looks like they aren't there by default.
    "The Hammer Bros. Suit was more broken than O. Sagat, AHVB, and CotA Magneto put together." -specs

"I always thought that O. Sagat, AHVB, and CotA Magneto were just aspects of the Hammer Bros. Suit, broken down in several pieces in order to keep the universe from breaking." -Wellman