Alpha Anthology *Capcom for the motherfucking WIN*

Comments

• Unknown Joined:
    That sucks. Would like to see more tests on this though. Speed, v activation invulnerability, gief's kattobi, etc.

Thanks for posting.
  • SiDSiD Joined: Posts: 205Registered
    so u are sayin that all of the street fighter alphas on the anthology disc are direct ports of the ps1 versions? So missing animations? hit sparks in alpha3?
    SiD
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Kira Yamato Joined: Posts: 3,399Registered
    SNAAAAKE wrote:
    :rofl: uh..what ??

what they have "emulation police" at evo or some shit ?? yeah I honestly dont think there is anything illegal about emulators. these games are older than jesus and I think I spend ENOUGH money on street fighter in general(bought legal copy of sfa2 on snes,ps1,saturn and spent shit load of $$ at the arcades too). I think its time I derserve a fucking arcade perfect version :mad: and since capcom wont give it to me..I will play on my modded xbox !

I agree, but instead ofkawa-x i use mamedox, is kawa-x faster?

also a mall about 30 minutes away from me has sfa3 arcade still, and there is still a couple people who play really good at it, so im happy. but im so dissapointed that capcom would do this, hopeully its not true, cause i was really waiting for this one....
  • Dark GeeseDark Geese Joined: Posts: 12,439Registered
    I totally agree..Final Burn Alpha XXX is the way to go!!
    **The KOF Cup 2011: March 10-14th, CDJ, Mexico w/Hummer from JAPAN!**
    **Mexico vs. Japan Part III!!**
  • MuskauMuskau The Patriots Joined: Posts: 1,010Registered
    Is it a direct port of PS1 or a direct port of DC? PS1 had compressed sprites with artifacts clearly visible, DC had no such thing. Was Dhalsims standing RK ultra slow like in PS1? Or fast like in the arcade? I hope you just didn't try one test and then left. Anymore info?
    When this site started, some six years ago, if you made some dumb "hi i'm new" thread, your ass was grass. Much like high school, you learned to watch what you say, and to back it up if necessary. In the end, it made you a better person. Guess that aspect of SRK is lost forever. - Mr Punkus '06
  • UrIeNaToRUrIeNaToR professorpeabody Joined: Posts: 621Registered
    WOW, THAT'S CRAZY...I though there were going to be dip switches in the game also like vampire collection...damn, guess it's pointless when they're direct ps1 ports...crap ball animation.
  • Unknown Joined:
    SiD wrote:
    so u are sayin that all of the street fighter alphas on the anthology disc are direct ports of the ps1 versions? So missing animations? hit sparks in alpha3?

The PS1 Alpha 3 was missing a hell of a lot of animations - for starters, just about any background animations were removed! I really can't see Capcom being so lazy that they'd release the PS1 port of Alpha 3 and not the Dreamcast version... of course, I can't see why they'd release PS1 ports of any of the games instead of arcade ports, so my logic doesn't really apply here :(
  • Return of ShikiReturn of Shiki Your favorite game sucks Joined: Posts: 4,359Registered
    PLEASE tell me they'll AT LEAST fix the loading times and put all the animation back...please? :confused:
    If you listen to fools, the mob rules...
  • AMinorThreatAMinorThreat EasyCoast Cruel Joke Joined: Posts: 1,672Registered
    UrIeNaToR wrote:
    WOW, THAT'S CRAZY...I though there were going to be dip switches in the game also like vampire collection...damn, guess it's pointless when they're direct ps1 ports...crap ball animation.
    This could be the answer... lets pray for the dip switches!!
    Yes.. .. this is NerdJosh! Please donate your pot monster donations to Guard Crush every other Wednesday! =D
  • BuktoothBuktooth vietnamazing Joined: Posts: 1,699Registered, Moderators
    v-dhalsim's far strong was cancellable in ps1 a3 haha
    -Campbell Tran

as of 12/02/09:

me: did pz john ever give the japanese players their money
    bas: hahah of course no
  • CaliPowerCaliPower Level | Up President Joined: Posts: 1,852Registered
    smashbros ala wii anyone??
    Mr. Valle
    "Rushing Your Shit Down.....Forever"
    Facebook - calipower@hotmail.com
    Twitter - AlexValleSF4
    Level|Up company site: www.levelup-series.com
  • JeRonJeRon The Dictatorship Joined: Posts: 963Registered
    Uhh Capcom stopped caring about theyre fighting game market since late 2002. They're mainly focusing on other projects. My advice..take your favorite SF title and keep playing that otherwise go to something else because if your waiting for "Some Great Thing" from capcom to hit then your wasting your time!
    I will win with skill! Quote dedicated to ChunLi Zhang, Strongest woman in the world!
  • Episode_667Episode_667 Hybrid Dolphin Joined: Posts: 647Registered
    *Looks over at his Saturn version of Zero 3*

You guys *do* know about the Saturn port, right?
    "That's like practicing godhand by playing dynasty warriors." - DropOff
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 3,670Registered
    The Saturn version which is import-only and expensive, yes. Saturn version still not perfect, but it's pretty close. Capcom has screwed up all other conversions of A3 even worse- PSX version isn't horrible or anything, but is rather different from the arcade version in a few big ways, Dreamcast version is basically an upgrade of the PSX version, so it has all the same changes, plus a few more, SFZ3 Upper is changed further, and Double Upper is the same game with a few more characters.

It's sorta like with Super Turbo...you have the arcade version that everyone loves, you have the PSX version, which is good, but...eh... And you have HSF2, which is really a different game. Dreamcast version isn't much better than the PSX version, and is actually worse in some regards (see NKI's entry on the SRK wiki), and the Saturn version is bad, for some unforgivable reason.

All it would have taken is for Capcom to include a DIP settings menu like in the PS2/Xbox versions of 3S, but they didn't feel like doing it.

Same with this new collection: I'm actually sorta surprised Capcom fucked this up. I really am. Hopefully this is something that can be remedied before final release, and I hope Cole is wrong on this somehow (maybe it's only Dhalsim that got changed?).
    "as long as it's his dog, anybody that believes in civil liberties should defend a man that just wants to fuck his dog in the privacy of his own home."
    -thurst
  • ChachiChachi The Masterpiece Joined: Posts: 3,514Registered
    If the Alpha games are just PS1 ports, then why the hell is it taking them so long to release the shit? A college student could have that shit burned onto DVDs in a day (if that), why the hell does it take Capcom six months? I guess the team is more worried about the game select menu interface than the actual games...
    "Will you just FUCKING SQUEEZE HIM ALREADY??!!!" -GetThere1Time

GTs- Chachitown Fair (XBL), ChachiCola (PSN), ChachiPower (GFWL)
  • RenegadeRenegade Joined: Posts: 3,008Registered
    You know what... as much as this makes me upset, I'm going with it anyway. I don't care if your top tier Dhalsim got nerfed, or if your stupid glitchy ass katoobis that weren't really useful (save giefs) got axed. This is THE alpha 3 now. I don't really care. Just play the fucking game instead of bitching for 561864 years that the port got nerfed. Alpha 3 is dead, arcades are dead... the only way any will get any renewed interest is through this collection.

So... death? Or life as a slightly different game?
    http://rvatournaments.com/

Your one stop shop for RVA, Virginia, and East Coast Fighting game news and tournament updates.

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • KneelB4MeKneelB4Me CVS2! Joined: Posts: 485Registered
    JeRon wrote:
    Uhh Capcom stopped caring about theyre fighting game market since late 2002. They're mainly focusing on other projects. My advice..take your favorite SF title and keep playing that otherwise go to something else because if your waiting for "Some Great Thing" from capcom to hit then your wasting your time!

I couldnt agree more, that is good advice for any SF fan. Lately Capcom only seems to be interested in milking the SF franchise instead of adding to it. Whose to say how long that will continue, especially given what small influence 2d fighters hold on the gaming community nowadays.
    More K less A
  • shadowcharlieshadowcharlie ★ஜ۩dip۞set۩ஜ★ Joined: Posts: 9,018Registered
    in unrelated news i will be running a3 unofficial at evo on cig boobs cab =D
    bust my gun at the sun just to sit in the shade~
    ἐξίσταται γὰρ πάντ' ἀπ' ἀλλήλων δίχα
  • Unknown Joined:
    Capcom might be pulling something shady here. I just watched this interview
    http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/sfaanthology/news.html?sid=6144494&mode=previews

at IGN with one of the Capcom developers and he said the Anthology had:

Street Fighter Alpha 1, 2, 3, Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold, and Pocket Fighter. He clearly called them by that name.

So, as you all know, Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold was on PSX in a previous collection. The arcade version was only in Japan and was called Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha, which did not have Cammy unlockable.

Also, Pocket Fighter was called Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix in the U.S. arcade version. The PSX version was called Pocket Fighter.

So, it looks a lot like this guy is right and they have ported over all PSX versions.

This would explain several things:

1) Why there is no Dreamcast/Sega Naomi version (whether you like it or not). They would need to completely port that game to a newer system, unlike here where the PS2 was backwards compatible anyway with the other games already on PSX.

2) Why there is no XBOX version. Again, different hardware than the PSX/PS2.

3) Suspicious also is that they didn't put Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max on there, but they throw in Pocket Fighter which has nothing to do with Alpha. Again, Alpha Max would have had to be ported from a different system.
  • Unknown Joined:
    By the way, if EVO doesn't do MAME and they want to feature the true Arcade version of Alpha 3, then why wouldn't they just rent a machine from a local dealer and play on that?

Why would they need a PS2 version anyway?
  • Unknown Joined:
    Renegade wrote:
    You know what... as much as this makes me upset, I'm going with it anyway. I don't care if your top tier Dhalsim got nerfed, or if your stupid glitchy ass katoobis that weren't really useful (save giefs) got axed. This is THE alpha 3 now. I don't really care. Just play the fucking game instead of bitching for 561864 years that the port got nerfed. Alpha 3 is dead, arcades are dead... the only way any will get any renewed interest is through this collection.

So... death? Or life as a slightly different game?

I'm with this guy.
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 7,593Registered
    Shrugs

I will still get it
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • Unknown Joined:
    I ain't getting this, if I bought this same game for my damn PSP, my damn GBA, and my damn Dreamcast, I ain't gonna fall for this. It's something called modded Xbox as someone stated already. I'd rather spend my money on #SLASH or KoFXI, as it seems Sammy and SNKP are doing a way better job then Capcom... I had high hopes for this, it seems like they're just freakin' making remakes of it, what next we're going to see Street Fighter EX collection?
  • SNkNuTSNkNuT Joined: Posts: 427Registered
    I'm getting it because I don't own alpha 1/2 and pocket fighter.
    Currently Playing:
    KOF XI, NGBC, WHP, MotW, SSC, LB 2, MSA, KOF 98 UM
  • Return of ShikiReturn of Shiki Your favorite game sucks Joined: Posts: 4,359Registered
    CDL wrote:
    Capcom might be pulling something shady here. I just watched this interview
    http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/sfaanthology/news.html?sid=6144494&mode=previews

at IGN with one of the Capcom developers and he said the Anthology had:

Street Fighter Alpha 1, 2, 3, Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold, and Pocket Fighter. He clearly called them by that name.

So, as you all know, Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold was on PSX in a previous collection. The arcade version was only in Japan and was called Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha, which did not have Cammy unlockable.

Also, Pocket Fighter was called Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix in the U.S. arcade version. The PSX version was called Pocket Fighter.

So, it looks a lot like this guy is right and they have ported over all PSX versions.

This would explain several things:

1) Why there is no Dreamcast/Sega Naomi version (whether you like it or not). They would need to completely port that game to a newer system, unlike here where the PS2 was backwards compatible anyway with the other games already on PSX.

2) Why there is no XBOX version. Again, different hardware than the PSX/PS2.

3) Suspicious also is that they didn't put Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max on there, but they throw in Pocket Fighter which has nothing to do with Alpha. Again, Alpha Max would have had to be ported from a different system.

The article called it "barebones" which should send up warning flags.
    I wonder if they are even gonna include World Tour Mode or Cammy in Alpha 2 Gold?

I already have SF 2 and Alpha 2 Gold for Saturn, and Alpha 3 and Pocket Fighter for PSX...and unless you don't already have a version of Alpha 2, 3, or Pocket Fighter it looks like this is a definite must-miss.
    If you listen to fools, the mob rules...
  • JeRonJeRon The Dictatorship Joined: Posts: 963Registered
    CaliPower wrote:
    smashbros ala wii anyone??

Basically!!!
    I will win with skill! Quote dedicated to ChunLi Zhang, Strongest woman in the world!
  • The Pirate King: KLTThe Pirate King: KLT SUPER VILLAIN Joined: Posts: 389Registered
    Well, we can always look forward to Capcom Fighting Jam 2. That's new, right...? :D
    海賊王KLT
  • Strider2k2Strider2k2 yezzur Joined: Posts: 306Registered
    Instead of bitching..i suggest that some of us actually start an email/petition to Capcom if you really want the arcade ports so badly. Hopefully it'll create some type of attention. It's worth a try even if they might not listen.

I've always thought it was best to put words into action.
    UMvc3: Morrigan/Dormammu/Trish & Nemesis/Dormammu/Vergil
    SSF4: Chun-Li, Rose
    T6: King, Nina, Asuka
    3S: Chun-Li, Dudley, Alex
  • AKUMA2000AKUMA2000 RAGING DEMON DISTRIBUTOR Joined: Posts: 1,026Registered, Premium
    Just have to wait and and see if the game is a direct arcade port when it comes out next month, but regardless i'm still buying it.
    :lp: :lp: :b: :lk: :hp: (Ultra Raging Demon)

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • Ken34Ken34 a.k.a Kira Yamato Joined: Posts: 3,399Registered
    AKUMA2000 wrote:
    Just have to wait and and see if the game is a direct arcade port when it comes out next month, but regardless i'm still buying it.

heh, im a hardcore alpha fan just like you, but even im struggling on whether to buy this or not, cause I still have my alpha 3 for ps1 and i got alpha 3 for psp, and i have alpha 3 for dreamcast, and i have alpha 1, 2, and 3 for mame on my xbox which i play with my x-arcade stick....so i dont know yet....:sad: