Alpha Anthology *Capcom for the motherfucking WIN*

A-DhalsimA-Dhalsim GrandMaster FroJoined: Posts: 1,271Registered
Ok so I guess there is suppose to be a mode called HYPER Alpha. This is just like AE where as you can play any alpha character from all versions vs each other. Sounds cool I guess. With that feature i can see alpha coming back to EVO. Since they adopted AE and all.

J-Cole
-Dangerous Crew-

Mobbin the SF and Tekken scene like
Gai Sensai: DYNAMIC ENTREE!!!!!
*sparkle on da Fro* =D

"Chuck Norris and Mr. T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building"

Comments

• NocturnalNocturnal SNK Supporter Joined: Posts: 2,957Registered, Moderators
    :sad: Thanks for the info Cole, I guess Capcom is just as lazy as ever it seems.
    http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

"Playin kof" - deadly_magneto aka Pignuttz
  • DarkZeroDarkZero is playing VF5!!! Joined: Posts: 1,261Registered
    A-Dhalsim wrote:
    So, im over here messin around at Capcoms booth for E3 right. I figure, after the 3rd try...capcom would finally make a true to arcade port of Alpha series onto PS2. Well I was wrong....capcom has FAILED us again. Same glitches are back and just as clear as ever. So all you peeps who had hopes for Alpha 3 coming back to EVO with this new version will be greatly dissappointed. I know I am.

Capcom.....why do you not care? SF4 please?

J-Cole

Such terrible news. And I had hopes for this one.:sad:
    I'm your master. Pain is a state of mind and I don't mind your pain.
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 5,722Registered
    what do u mean by the same glitches are back?
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
  • SiLLiEMutAfuKASiLLiEMutAfuKA aka SmF Joined: Posts: 1,492Registered
    So are you saying they're actually ports from PS1 versions?

Cause if you say they have glitches, I thought the arcade version had glitches. =D
    Zenpou Tenshin~!
  • A-DhalsimA-Dhalsim GrandMaster Fro Joined: Posts: 1,271Registered
    yes let me make it more clear. Alpha Anthology is a direct port of the ps1 version of Alpha =P Geyness. So glitches like no collision on Dhalsim standing Roundhouse on normal sized Characters etc. Such a let down.

Supposedly Capcom Classics vol. 2 is coming out and it has ST as one of the games. Since they failed with alpha, I actually have no hope for this version. sigh...fuck you Capcom.

J-Cole
    -Dangerous Crew-

Mobbin the SF and Tekken scene like
    Gai Sensai: DYNAMIC ENTREE!!!!!
    *sparkle on da Fro* =D

"Chuck Norris and Mr. T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building"
  • NokatoNokato Joined: Posts: 1,662Registered
    If this isn't arcade perfect, this is the final nail in the coffin...Damn, I mean they could've at least got this right. I hope that there is clarification of whether or not these are ps1 glitches or intricacies still left in from the Arcade Version.
  • GaijinblazeGaijinblaze fingerlicans Joined: Posts: 2,224Registered
    Ouch. It's funny how people wanted the arcade version of the game and the PS1 mode selection, and ended up getting neither. That's what happens when you want the best of both worlds from a company that doesn't give a shit.
    This message will self-destruct.
  • Darkside3024Darkside3024 Joined: Posts: 437Registered
    Nocturnal wrote:
    :sad: Thanks for the info Cole, I guess Capcom is just as lazy as ever it seems.
    Not Lazy. They most likely spent most if their time for games like RE and DMC. So it would be better to say they don't care. But seriously tho. How many people outside of SRK is going to spend their money on this game?
    R.I.P. Raul Julia/Van Damme's career-shinryukev
  • SuperkingSuperking dat cosby dolemite Joined: Posts: 2,248Registered
    Any word on the SFZero collection that was shown at SBO4? Not that the Japanese version would make a difference, but eh who knows. =x
    DS: she's looking hot in that interview, fuck, keep in mind, i don't have yellow fever, i just know a hot girl when i see one, gonna rape her and call her julia chang
    Superking: lol
    DS: julia chang for life
  • Chozen1Chozen1 Joined: Posts: 693Registered
    Like my friend says, "BBR the shit" if capcom really is not concerned with the consumers point of view; they don't give a shit about this. Dissapointing
    "The event is the journey, not the destination. because we all know what that is"
  • rookrook amused observer Joined: Posts: 1,564Registered, Moderators
    perhaps there was there a setting like on the PS2 version of 3S where you could change the settings to those of the arcade boards? (ie; turn on unblockables, etc in 3S)
    square peg. round hole. large hammer.
    http://rook-over-here.deviantart.com
  • EtceteraEtcetera Chinpo. Joined: Posts: 343Registered
    rook wrote:
    perhaps there was there a setting like on the PS2 version of 3S where you could change the settings to those of the arcade boards? (ie; turn on unblockables, etc in 3S)
    No way, that would make too much like a good idea.
    To be honest, I didn't expect them to get this right and give people what they wanted. With Capcom, I find it best to keep expectations low. I know when (and if) they let out word on sf4, I won't get my hope up until I see them shits on the store shelf.
    No one cares what characters you play with.
  • kenryuakumakenryuakuma God of Fighting Game Joined: Posts: 113Registered
    I think the price and its compatibility both are intertwined. To be more accurate, the price matches the game. Since it is only $25 or $29.99. And it is a collection, which contain five games. Capcom might think people are sure to buy it. Five games is the attraction to most of the street fighter players. However, they never realize that consumers, like us, who really have experience or whatever maybe familiar with the games, I can't say, need more precise or better things from it. For instance, like one of you hopes no glitches. I think that the neglect of capcom is the setback of this alpha collection.
    hifuckyouguy
  • DumehraDumehra Joined: Posts: 361Registered
    And here I am thinking that SNK screwed up their last blade collection ports sound and music. If these are PS1 ports and not CPS 2 ports, i am passing this collection.
  • MiddlekickMiddlekick r.mika stalker Joined: Posts: 599Registered
    A-Dhalsim wrote:
    yes let me make it more clear. Alpha Anthology is a direct port of the ps1 version of Alpha =P Geyness. So glitches like no collision on Dhalsim standing Roundhouse on normal sized Characters etc. Such a let down.

Supposedly Capcom Classics vol. 2 is coming out and it has ST as one of the games. Since they failed with alpha, I actually have no hope for this version. sigh...fuck you Capcom.

J-Cole

Could you give few more details on why you think this is the PS version because your Dhalsim example is also possible in the arcade. Specifically, could you list which character
    you saw this against.

A *direct* port of the PS1, eh? That sounds very strange because from the trailer that I saw, it showed no visible sign that it was a port of the PS version: V-ism activation animation was like the arcade, collision sparks were like the cps2 game and the extra characters of the home version were nowhere in sight (the character select screen was based on the arcade's). Has this changed?

Forgive my skepticism, but after eagerly antcipating this game and to see it claimed as the PS 1 version based on a single example, it might be understandable.

So for the sake of clarity and distinction, could you please list any additional differences you noticed between this version and the arcade: crouch cancels, V-ism activation, specific character properties etc.
  • Saotome KanedaSaotome Kaneda Watch your back Joined: Posts: 5,324Registered, Moderators, Premium
    I also want clarification, because I'm not fucking giving omni $100. lol
    Original Team Sp00ky Member - Only the finest of Poverty™ Gaming Hipster™
    Comic-Z vs Super Metroid Watch if you want to lose your mind
  • boodabooda From Out of Nowhere Joined: Posts: 522Registered
    Dumehra wrote:
    And here I am thinking that SNK screwed up their last blade collection ports sound and music. If these are PS1 ports and not CPS 2 ports, i am passing this collection.
    Shouldn't we all pass this collection? They keep making collections instead of new games. And people keep buying the collections. They have to be saying to themselves, "Well, they keep buying them and they don't cost us much to make, so let's make more."
    I'm a douchbag. I'll chip you.
  • Unknown Joined:
    ^^
    im with booda, I let SNK get away with collections because they actually make new very good fighters, something capcom hasnt done in years.

wow this news if true means they really dont give a fuck, SF gamers have grown up now its a whole new generation out there, thats why SF4 would never happen not the way we want it.

no kid is going to ask their mom to buy these collection discs after they see MGS4 and what not.

I guess thats the end of SF aleast we still got the old classics like ST, ill play that till the end of time.
  • Demon DashDemon Dash Hyper Viper Raccoon! Joined: Posts: 5,591Registered
    You know, I'm honestly not suprised.
    "I'm speculating that it was M.O.D.O.K. that tore my dog's ACL. That crazy maniac was flying his hoverchair DRUNK. DRUNK on POWER. And booze. But mostly on POWER!" - corrosivefrost :rofl:
  • Unknown Joined:
    Demon Dash wrote:
    You know, I'm honestly not suprised.

agreed =\
  • psychochronicpsychochronic 5 fingers in a fist Joined: Posts: 1,839Registered
    Another slit in Capcom's throat.
    "THE U.S. TOURNAMENT MONSTER"
    Facebook: psychoblazeFGC
    Photobucket: psychochronic
    Youtube: psychochronic, psychorarity
  • Unknown Joined:
    Hearing this really gets me down. I for one was looking forward to playing a possible arcade perfect port of Alpha 2 and the like, but from what Cole's saying this is clearly not the case.

I guess it's SLASH from here on out.

Fuck Capcom.
  • SaBrESaBrE BAI BAI Joined: Posts: 4,495Registered, Moderators
    i knew this was gonna happen when i saw the official box art for this game and it had deejay, fei, t hawk. after i saw that, i KNEW a3 was gonna be a port of one of the console versions. please use the shittiest version of all the games for the anthology. sf is dead
    AZ fighting game crew, team hAZmat

www.teamhazmataz.com

www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE 伝説の仙人 Joined: Posts: 6,324Registered
    why do people even bother with "ports" anyway. just get a modded xbox and play the arcade version of all capcom fighting games. kawa-x and final burn emulators for xbox runs everything at full speed !
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    got dat fancy sig too :encore:
  • Unknown Joined:
    Because running emulations at EVO would make certain people's head explode
  • Unknown Joined:
    is ingrid in A3? =x
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE 伝説の仙人 Joined: Posts: 6,324Registered
    Spoon wrote:
    Because running emulations at EVO would make certain people's head explode

:rofl: uh..what ??

what they have "emulation police" at evo or some shit ?? yeah I honestly dont think there is anything illegal about emulators. these games are older than jesus and I think I spend ENOUGH money on street fighter in general(bought legal copy of sfa2 on snes,ps1,saturn and spent shit load of $$ at the arcades too). I think its time I derserve a fucking arcade perfect version :mad: and since capcom wont give it to me..I will play on my modded xbox !
    got dat fancy sig too :encore:
  • Unknown Joined:
    There was some big controversy about the EVO slash tourney not allowing ps2's running the swap magic discs, which is totally legal as long as the games you're running on it arn't duplicates (i.e. imported Japanese dvds of GGXX slash). So if EVO won't allow that, what leads you to believe they'll allow emulations of a game that is just about to be rereleased on the ps2.

btw - LOL@CAPCOM
  • Unknown Joined:
    Not that it affects gameplay at all, but did you happen to notice if there are loading screens between matches? CCC had 'em for all of the SF2 games on that disc, a dead giveaway they were nothing more than PS1 ports.
  • aritarit Orden des Ltkolbens Joined: Posts: 6Registered
    bought legal copy of sfa2 on snes,ps1,saturn and spent shit load of $$ at the arcades too
    Then what about spending ~100$ on an arcade perfect cpsII version?