Injustice: Gods Among Us; New Game by NetherRealm Studios

Comments

• xesxes Evil Forrest Gump Joined: Posts: 2,528Registered
    Also, I MUST be able to play as Darkseid, dude is awesome.

Can't help but think of this now
  • Rabbit2k7Rabbit2k7 Joined: Posts: 4,204Registered, Premium
    Looks awesome, but still a little stiff like MK9 is. The interactive environments thing... well... dunno how that will work. Hopefully nothing too dramatic. If anything I would guess that the knocking through walls would be handled like previous MK titles where it just changes the scenery.
  • HavatchuHavatchu Resident Mega Man/ Mega Man X VGM Nerd Joined: Posts: 4,734Registered
    Can't help but think of this now
    ][/url]
    snip
    Seanbaby.com

"She kinda looks like someone left a cowboy boot out in the rain..."
    Insanity is freedom
    The moment I fell in love with specs- "I believe in the Beyblader philosophy, for I am one who Beyblades."
    Shaft's posts are canon.
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 2,399Registered
    First, I didn't say that the art style was what hurt the game's sales (although, I suspect it did because the target demo likes grit), I was responding to the claim that going gritty will hurt Injustice. If sales of other media is any indication (and it is), gritty superheroes sell better than cartoony superheroes, so this is the right choice... which is, of course, not really their choice to make, because the style guides are written and approved by DC, which is also owned by WB, but you still have to license these things even when you have the same parent company.

Second, there is no reason to believe this won't be a good game for serious fighting game players. MK is a good game for serious players (taste aside), and that will inform their design process more than MK v DC will. Even so, it's too early to judge how this will play in competitive circles.
    because batman kicking a guy through a building is gritty right?

thats the point the game is confused initself it wants to be over the top , but also real and gritty , they don't mix

all the characters look out of place ,
    "She kinda looks like someone left a cowboy boot out in the rain..."

I think I"m actually not allowed to like this game because there's not nearly enough wonder-rack walking around :(
  • LordxMugenLordxMugen FIGHTAN GAHMS!!! Joined: Posts: 412Registered
    i actually dont want this to be a 2-D fighter. the market has enough of those already. i'd actually like something more akin to Imperfects (but actually good with no clones to fill up spots) or just a more detailed Power Stone. hell, Shoalin Monks' Vs Mode was some of the most fun i ever had in a fighting game so i'd totally like to see a return to that style. i just think its time for something different.
    *silently waits for Darkstalkers 4*
    I give NR Props because they didn't go the capcom rout by simple making a update of the same game and calling it a new game, people are forgetting about that. I like the way that did one big successful project, then moved on to something new, which is a great practice. I respect completely.

I think that's part of the thing, in one of the other discussions, a lot of talk was thrown around about the genre needing more boldness. NRS is taking some risks with this instead of doing the easy cashin followup (although in fairness the DC license is pure gold moneywise), and regardless of anything else ya gotta love and respect that.
  • specsspecs Excuse me, princess! Joined: Posts: 5,182Registered
    As much as I despise parrying and custom combos, this game needs both so we can see combo videos of Wonder Woman grabbing a car and trying to paint the fence on Batman as Batman parries the whole thing only to Gambit glitch into space timepants codfish dynamite hexactly.
    http://handsomefatman.com — Pondering Entertainment
    XBL: Langis Langley — PSN: Langis360 — Steam: Axelhander
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge Tyrannical Joined: Posts: 9,260Registered
    The characters don't look out of place. You want to talk out of place? CVS1/2's cast and fucking Morrigan. That's out of place.

The only character that looks a bit off is The Flash because his suit looks like body armor which is something I expect from Batman. Did I mention he looks like a damn G'?
    I killed her.

"And you're stronger now.  Isn't that what you've always wanted?"

Power.

"ABSOLUTE POWER."
  • HecatomHecatom 'dat plot Joined: Posts: 8,032Registered
    The characters don't look out of place. You want to talk out of place? CVS1/2's cast and fucking Morrigan. That's out of place.

The only character that looks a bit off is The Flash because his suit looks like body armor which is something I expect from Batman. Did I mention he looks like a damn G'?
    what the fuck is a damn G'?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
  • ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,317Registered
    this game will out sell Marvel and Sf x tekken and be a fun gimick game.........because casuals will get there moneys worth and they know it and NRS has there trust.......Mk vs dc sold alot of copies for a game people shit on and created the story formula that brings in 4-5 times the sales of games with better fight systems that made mk9 a sales success
    Good Point.

Unlike Capcom. NRS is basically one of nicer studios.

I wish could find the image where Capcom vs NeitherRealmStudio compare how they treat their customers. NRS has HUGE advantage despite how many people here hate MK games.
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 652Registered
    I was really hoping they would build a new engine but maybe they're saving that for MK10.
    PSN: Mayhem_and_Eggs
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef SUPLEX A MOTHERF***IN' TRAIN!!! Joined: Posts: 5,292Registered
    This is where the art style of a game is a big deal though. If you're going for a realistic look like this game clearly is, is ridiculous over the top stuff like that from a character like Batman a good idea?

He's the apex of human potential in strategy and martial arts... I get it. But delivering a Lui Kang rising kick that throws a monster a quarter mile through a building just looks fucking dumb to me.
    For Batmans super powered kick I would just like to point out that Batman is capable of creating battle armour with tons of gadgetry that can enhance his abilities to superpowered levels, we can also see that his appearance in this game is a new design, with his suit in this gamelooking like a combination between the armored batsuit in Arkham Asylum, the batsuit in the Nolan series and his DCUO design, taking on a much more metallic looking and bulkier appearance than his usual design due to him moving away from his usual stealth focus an onto meaning he's probably loaded on a lot more power than normal due to him only fighting against superpowered or extremely powerful beings and therefore not having to worry as much about limiting himself in trying not to kill them.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    I was really hoping they would build a new engine but maybe they're saving that for MK10.

Well its all in Unreal engine, so its not really a case of 'bulidng a new engine' anyways.
    For Batmans super powered kick I would just like to point out that Batman is capable of creating battle armour with tons of gadgetry that can enhance his abilities to superpowered levels, we can also see that his appearance in this game is a new design, with his suit in this gamelooking like a combination between the armored batsuit in Arkham Asylum, the batsuit in the Nolan series and his DCUO design, taking on a much more metallic looking and bulkier appearance than his usual design due to him moving away from his usual stealth focus an onto meaning he's probably loaded on a lot more power than normal due to him only fighting against superpowered or extremely powerful beings and therefore not having to worry as much about limiting himself in trying not to kill them.

Batman's look is almost certainly heavily based on the Nolan movies. That's $$$$ right there :p
  • SolderSolder Aspires for Mid-Tier Joined: Posts: 1,314Registered

Then what's the point of him being a "gadget" character if he has the raw strength to brawl with anyone?

Just stylistically it looks bad to me. But whatever, to each their own.
    XBL: Girls N Corpses

Canada Cup 2011- 8/95 Never Forget
  • Noble CactusNoble Cactus In name only. Joined: Posts: 8,341Registered
    Good Point.

I wish could find the image where Capcom vs NeitherRealmStudio compare how they treat their customers. NRS has HUGE advantage despite how many people here hate MK games.
    You mean this one?
    mortal_kombat_vs_mvc_3_by_mapacheanepicstory-d419n4m.jpg
    "No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell."
    - Jung
    Good Point.

Honestly honestly, its the difference between American and Japanese developers. The corporate culture is just massively different.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Joined: Posts: 5,905Registered
    This looks interesting. I want this to be a 3D fighter. There's plenty of 2D games already. Crossing my fingers for Black Canary
    PSN: Hawkingbird
  • mugenlove100mugenlove100 i come in peace Joined: Posts: 484Registered
    I want Rorschach please.
    i come in peace
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge Tyrannical Joined: Posts: 9,260Registered
    what the fuck is a damn G'?
    A damn GANGSTA. That's what. I want to crash the Nolan Batmobile into fools. Hopefully Wonder Woman won't slam that on Batman. =(
    I killed her.

"And you're stronger now.  Isn't that what you've always wanted?"

Power.

"ABSOLUTE POWER."
  • Noble CactusNoble Cactus In name only. Joined: Posts: 8,341Registered
    I want Rorschach please.
    You... you ARE kidding, right? I'm tired right now and can't decipher.

I'll do the inevitable and say that there will be lots and lots of Batmen online/in tournaments. No explanation needed.

I've always felt that NRS games tend to be stiff and slide-y. It's kind of hard to describe, and I see that hear. Not enough information to form many opinions yet.
    "No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell."
    - Jung
  • ZebsterZebster Even drugs couldn't explain this outrageousness Joined: Posts: 2,681Registered
    I'm expecting this game to be more for the casuals than anyone else.
    Skullgirls teams: Ms. Fortune/Filia
    KOF 13 team: King/Takuma/Benimaru
    Mortal Kombat Mains: Smoke, Johnny Cage, Mileena
    Skullgirls movelist is Here
  • Swedish ChefSwedish Chef SUPLEX A MOTHERF***IN' TRAIN!!! Joined: Posts: 5,292Registered
    Then what's the point of him being a "gadget" character if he has the raw strength to brawl with anyone?

Just stylistically it looks bad to me. But whatever, to each their own.
    'Cause he's the goddamn Batman that's why, his main combat trait is that he beats his opponents not only using his own physical/technical powers but through his mental analysis of his opponents powers and weaknesses, then using his knowledge of his opponents strengths and taking advantage of these opponents weaknesses to succeed.
    As for his costume design, too each his own I guess I think it looks pretty cool.
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    I've always felt that NRS games tend to be stiff and slide-y. It's kind of hard to describe, and I see that hear. Not enough information to form many opinions yet.

I think a little bit of that is style, all the way back to MK1, they've looked just weird compared to other fighting games, and now its kind of what people expect from those guys :p
    I'm expecting this game to be more for the casuals than anyone else.

Eeh, honeslty this isn't the place to look at the game competitively anyways. It'll be interesting as hell to watch TYM about it, see what the actual competitive MK players think.
  • DoctorForHireDoctorForHire Cpt. Troy Handsome Joined: Posts: 64Registered
    I like how Batman can kick Solomon Grundy into the next lifetime but Wonder Woman has trouble fighting Harley Quinn
    Courage isn't just a matter of not being afraid. It's being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway.
  • itsOneOitsOneO Joined: Posts: 169Registered
    im interested.

NRS did a great job with MK9 & im curious as to what they will improve upon with this game. If Injustice has a campaign similar to MK9, I'll rent it @ the very least.
    The King of Pennsylvania Ave
    Watch My Animated Series "The Yard" !!
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 3,147Registered
    Batman is batman. He can do whatever the fuck he wants.
    "how far in life do you have to sink when you go to a tournament just to hold up a sign" NickGuy
  • jaiwhite205jaiwhite205 Skullgirls Master Joined: Posts: 1,092Registered
    You guys really dont know how to read or do research. Ed Boon said this game is nothing like mk vs dc and I didnt see ANYTHING that said this game uses the MK9 engine. It doesnt even look like it uses the MK9 engine.
    PSN: underK1ller
    people get so weirdly focused on geek minutia. "OMG SOMEBODY DID SOMETHING OUT OF CHARACTER, THE GAME IS RUINED!!!!"
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 2,399Registered
    You guys really dont know how to read or do research. Ed Boon said this game is nothing like mk vs dc and I didnt see ANYTHING that said this game uses the MK9 engine. It doesnt even look like it uses the MK9 engine.
    its quite clearly unreal engine