New ads are the worst.

Comments

• djblastarddjblastard ~Best in the world-oh~ Joined: Posts: 41Registered
    I don't buy shit from ads.
    In fact, i make it a point to avoid items when ads become aggravating. I piss off easily.

The ads have been a nuisance to say the least. If I could punch them or someone who put them there I would.
  • MatriarchMatriarch Lilim Joined: Posts: 720Registered
    I wish I could browse this site without having to mute my laptop.
  • G0F0RBR0KEG0F0RBR0KE Shun Goku Satsu Joined: Posts: 2,695Registered, Moderators
    I use a shitty computer at work. Freezes all the time when browsing other websites. I have yet to experience these sounds from Shoryuken.com
    Shun Goku Satsu :)
    www.battle-ground.net [Website is up and running]
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX GOOMBA STOMP!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,381Registered
    If these ads didn't blow my ears off everytime I opened this site, maybe I'd consider buying that new football game that likes to un mute itself
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Doom/Wesker::::TTT2: Lili, Kunimitsu
    Thanks to Savaii64 for DAT AV!!
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 797Registered
    I've been using adblock plus for so long that I never knew this site had ads.
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 3,502Registered

I don't use Adblock so I can support the sites that I visit - however SRK is making me reconsider.
  • ErenEren Simple Rating Joined: Posts: 12,646Registered, Moderators, Premium
    that ford ad can burn in hell
    av by savaii64
  • rcorporonrcorporon Joined: Posts: 523Registered

Same for me. I've been using it so long that I forgot what the Internet looks like without it. Fired up IE at work the other day and was blown away at all the ads that you miss running the blocker.

Also, the ads on SRK can die in a fire. Video ads that begin with volume turned on are the devil's work.
    PSN: Yewni
    SFIV: Cody / Fei Long
    P4A: Kanji
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 3,502Registered
    SRK - what are you thinking?

Just when I thought the ads on this site couldn't be any worse, we get friggin' pushdown ads on EVERY PAGE! Not to mention they conceal the lastest news/post section and alerts.

Do you guys even care anymore? Seriously, you're begging people to adblock you at this point. This is what we get for trying to support the site by not using it?
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 9,879Registered
    finally went with ad block. putting up with 1 video that unmutes and plays itself on each refresh is 1 thing, but 2, with 1 of them actually blocking forum content is just too obnoxious
    :clapdos: www.playthirdstrike.com :clapdos:
    smgdesu: if you want to be top player you should eat hella ramen
    smgdesu: all top players like ramen

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • MrWizardMrWizard Supreme Commander Joined: Posts: 22,056Registered, Administrative, Moderators, Premium, Editors
    Can you show a picture of it actually blocking SRK content? Along with the browser used? We don't want it blocking the functionality of the site.
    Shoryuken.com
  • del1riumdel1rium Hype Junkie Joined: Posts: 1,915Registered
    Happens in Firefox, Chrome, IE9, Opera. Doesn't happen on every page. It's by design ... by default it's blocking content, and covering up other ads. There's a "collapse" link but it's non-obvious (no icon, etc...) and collapsing it once doesn't keep it collapsed the next time the ad is served.

Firefox with Ads: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49855788/srk-ads.png
    Firefox with AdBlock: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49855788/srk-adblock.png

Chrome with Ads: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49855788/chrome-ads.png
    Chrome with Adblock:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49855788/chrome-adblock.png

[edit]I have some CSS customizations in Firefox, so the Chrome screenshots will be more true to what other people see.[/edit]
    Apex 2013 Photos (1/11 - 1/13)
    More tournament photography: rmpaul.com
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 5,035Registered
    http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac285/haketh5/untitled-1.jpg

IE with ads, worse part is theirs no way to shrink the Rick Ross one down.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
  • RamRamStylesRamRamStyles Joined: Posts: 162Registered
    why do we have two of them play at once
    why does macy's sometimes block my options and avatar
    why do we still need one on the very bottom
    For real though, something needs to be done about the ads that autoplay vids and have sound start no matter what. As bad as the drop downs ads are the vid ones are the worse.
  • ErenEren Simple Rating Joined: Posts: 12,646Registered, Moderators, Premium
    the talking ads are the worst, but I haven't seen the ones blocking the menus lately.
    av by savaii64
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Ruining lives... Joined: Posts: 11,508Registered
    What's worse is that when I want to collapse those big ads...............a bigger window pops up.
    Some...........not all.

It's ridiculous.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    Yeah that happens to, when I collapse the ads I get those stupid overlays sometimes multiple times.
  • The SavageThe Savage Joined: Posts: 144Registered
    lol @ seeing ads
  • ZeitvorZeitvor Just call me "Z" Joined: Posts: 23Registered
    No matter where you go ads shall follow you like Slender Man.
  • Fatal Error XIFatal Error XI Waiting for shoryuken.com.... Joined: Posts: 596Registered
    Can you show a picture of it actually blocking SRK content? Along with the browser used? We don't want it blocking the functionality of the site.
    Firefox
    http://i.imgur.com/UWD4n.png
    http://i.imgur.com/GmaRH.png

The second one shows how they cover the Alerts/Profile.
    -Av by Master Chibi
    "Across this Sea of Space, the Stars are other Suns. We've traveled this way before, and there is much to be learned." -Carl Sagan
    The Pacsun ad is the worse

Can't shrink it
    Blocks off everything above the fourth newest post tracker at the top
    Instantly plays video
    Video restarts itself
  • Fatal Error XIFatal Error XI Waiting for shoryuken.com.... Joined: Posts: 596Registered
    The Pacsun ad is the worse

Can't shrink it
    Blocks off everything above the fourth newest post tracker at the top
    Instantly plays video
    Video restarts itself
    I just got this one, and it is by far the most annoying. The "Roll over to expand" part is right next to the profile/inbox/alerts. When you do expand it, the "click to close" part is right next to the "roll over to expand" part, when you close it you have to move your mouse up. I know that sounds silly, but for an ad, it's very intrusive.

http://i.imgur.com/XypUb.png
    and that's the collapsed form
    -Av by Master Chibi
    "Across this Sea of Space, the Stars are other Suns. We've traveled this way before, and there is much to be learned." -Carl Sagan
  • KarnovKarnovKarnovKarnov Joined: Posts: 203Registered
    I've just gone with chrome adblock as well for the past few months. While I want to support SRK, the way in which those ads totally disrupts everything else I do and sometimes makes the site incredibly fugly (like the time there were those zombie images on the side verticals wth) would make me not visit the site at all.
  • kinedakineda Raging Demon Joined: Posts: 860Administrative, Moderators, Premium, Editors
    We're aware of the ads overlaying on top of content and navigation. Working with Complex to fix those issues now.
  • NickRocksNickRocks Almost Godlike Joined: Posts: 9,988Registered, Premium
    expand WHAT? o_O

huh.png
    gun: bang bang bang bang
    throw the arrow up forward
    HYPER VIPER BEAM
    I actually came here just to report that^

Sometimes another window pops up over it on its own, as if I had clicked the ad and if you click the button to close the ad it will close and reopen a second later. It will repeat this endlessly and the only way to escape it is to refresh the page.

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Doom/Wesker::::TTT2: Lili, Kunimitsu
  • Lord BritishLord British XBL/PSN: MattSaintCool Joined: Posts: 318Registered
    I don't use adblock and the only ad I get is the Complex Games bar at the bottom of the screen. Guess I'm lucky?
  • cheese and chipscheese and chips Metal Blade> everything Joined: Posts: 190Registered
    OH BOY I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE OOGIELOVES: THE BIG BALLOON ADVENTURE!!!
    Gamertag: Shadow man mm3 UMVC3: Frank/hawkeye/Doom

king cobra and zubaz for v 2013
    I don't use adblock and the only ad I get is the Complex Games bar at the bottom of the screen. Guess I'm lucky?
    Maybe it just says something about your computer :/