AE 2012 Setups (Uncrouchables)

Comments

• reaper2507reaper2507 Joined: Posts: 984Registered
    in my tests it catches all but backdashes neet a tight timing
    How to play Zangief. A Zangief Tutorial:
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=189468
  • Samurai DrewSamurai Drew Joined: Posts: 1,263Registered
    Here's something good! Well we all know that after slide > press, you can't do backdash HK dive, you have to wait just a second. It's a lot easier now that you can eyeball it, however if you do a quick focus backdash, it lines you up perfectly for an immediate HK dive.

Should be a decent mixup.
    www.youtube.com/sudafreekan - Hakan Technician #1
  • EMPEROR_COWEMPEROR_COW Joined: Posts: 276Registered
    Here's something good! Well we all know that after slide > press, you can't do backdash HK dive, you have to wait just a second. It's a lot easier now that you can eyeball it, however if you do a quick focus backdash, it lines you up perfectly for an immediate HK dive.

Should be a decent mixup.

you just opened a big can of worms ... lol ...
    this works well with my gimmick i was telling you about... lol ... might as well spill it ...

at that distance you are usually safe from reversals ... now ..the cool thing is ... from there .. you can bait out reversals with dive-cancel without risking being hit with cr.LK mashes as well ..

keeps you safe ... gives you meter ... great for provoking stupid reactions ..

i do this as well if people start to backdash my MK/LK rocket setups
    hell i do it even after a dive ... jump back ... do dive cancel ... they dont know it doesnt work from that side .. lol

the funny thing is that they tend to jump forward right after (late reaction LOL) ... if they do you anti air accordingly .. its a nice distance ..

the idea is .. to annoy the opponent ... especially after a health lead ...
    (something to think about .. :P )
  • yakult99yakult99 shaaaaa Joined: Posts: 209Registered
    i came up with some really funny uncrouchables after watching the jap uncrouchable videos. lol.
    you are going to love this :D stay tuned.
    omg its so wet.
    i came up with some really funny uncrouchables after watching the jap uncrouchable videos. lol.
    you are going to love this :D stay tuned.

What jap uncrouchable videos?
  • DagonDagon World's worst throw-tech-er Joined: Posts: 839Registered
    ***[ Slide-press > lp slide > lk dive ] -by mordie

I tested this this morning, and maybe (probably) I was doing it wrong, but I found slide-press, :lp: slide, ******:mk:****** dive caught all only when oiled. :lk: dive whiffed on all three (crouch, backdash, jump). Again, I was probably doing it wrong.
    "Hakan is for the dedicated." - Samurai Drew
    Super Street Fighter Four: Arcade Edition version Two Thousand and Twelve: Chun-Li/Dan
    XBL: EOT 00000100
    ***[ Slide-press > lp slide > lk dive ] -by mordie

I tested this this morning, and maybe (probably) I was doing it wrong, but I found slide-press, :lp: slide, ******:mk:****** dive caught all only when oiled. :lk: dive whiffed on all three (crouch, backdash, jump). Again, I was probably doing it wrong.

Nice one. If that's the case, it should work oiled and unoiled, because nothing should change in this one whether oiled or not, aside from damage.
    nothing should change in this one whether oiled or not, aside from damage.
    If that's the case, I MUST have screwed up :rofl:
    Super Street Fighter Four: Arcade Edition version Two Thousand and Twelve: Chun-Li/Dan
    actually in testing my funny setup i realise the setups that were grace enough to be able to dive with 2 different strength (mostly lk & mk) and its a close up setup, usually may have the ability to 'catch all' elelment as well.
    i notice this when i was able to catch opponent even executing the dive (few frame) slower than normal, and when doing this late execution, it will catch (crouch/jump &) back-dash. whereas if i did it first instance it will not catch backdash.
    omg its so wet.
    ok here are the funny setups :)

[ slide-press > taunt > lk.dive ]

!![ slide > b.FDNC~s.lk > taunt > lk.dive ]

[ (corner) lp.rocket > taunt > hp/ex.dive ]

***[ (corner) mp.rocket > taunt > lk/mk.dive ]
    -this one can be a catch all if the mk.dive is executed a little slow (but fast enought to catch them on crouch).
    -tip is to know your taunting movements, and execute slight delayed after the elbow went up in the air lol :)

have fun!
    I'll try update asap some of the setup that we dont have from the jap uncrouchable video that i saw.
    omg its so wet.
    nothing should change in this one whether oiled or not, aside from damage.
    Re-reading this I don't believe it to be true. I think his grab hitbox extends a lot farther when wet. Anyone able to corroborate or disprove this?
  • CitizenCIACitizenCIA Flipping tables since 96' Joined: Posts: 1,079Registered
    Re-reading this I don't believe it to be true. I think his grab hitbox extends a lot farther when wet. Anyone able to corroborate or disprove this?

Are we talking about 360K? 360K doesn't change Dry or oiled.
    USA's 7th best Hakan.
    "I'll write to Capcom after this, ask them to nerf Hakan" "Thank you..put him back where he should be."
    Are we talking about 360K? 360K doesn't change Dry or oiled.
    Confirmed. I done messed up. I'll have to try this again and see what I find.
    EDIT: Confirmed that I was talking about :360::k:. Will do more testing this weekend.
    Does no one like my taunt dive setups ;(

What's good about this for the close setups, is instead of dive u can replace with b.FDNC s.mk/s.lp as they would normally try to low-sweep u or walk up throw after seeing u taunt lol
    But pls dont do this to often, u might get hated haha
    My advise is to do this against turtles to make them mad lolol
    omg its so wet.
  • SoutheasternoilSoutheasternoil Joined: Posts: 187Registered
    ^ Which taunt and at what point do we cancel them?
    I thought all the taunt will have the same 'active' frame, so basically it's always first available time to execute move after that active frame is over.

Anyway I tested on taunt no.1 .
    omg its so wet.
    I thought all the taunt will have the same 'active' frame, so basically it's always first available time to execute move after that active frame is over.

Anyway I tested on taunt no.1 .
    I am basing the following purely on assumption; DISCLAIMER: I HAVE DONE NO TESTING TO PROVE THIS.

I believe that all regular taunts (excluding Dudley's Rose taunt, Guile's Shades, Dan's cr.taunt, etc.) are cancel-able at the same point (meaning, if you press taunt and hold :b:, you will cancel the animation and start walking backwards at the same time with any character, any taunt).
    I believe that all regular taunts (excluding Dudley's Rose taunt, Guile's Shades, Dan's cr.taunt, etc.) are cancel-able at the same point (meaning, if you press taunt and hold :b:, you will cancel the animation and start walking backwards at the same time with any character, any taunt).

no this is totally incorrect and i dont even have to test it.
    all taunt has certain 'active frame', meaning that once you press taunt, the taunt motion comes out and you can not do anything during the start up/active frame. But after that active frame is over (although the full taunt animation isnt finished), you can do joystick directions or press buttons to 'cancel', definitly not 'straight away' tho.

guys this taunt > dive setups is really fun and effective!
    especially mp.rocket in the corner when oiled up, mix up with dive/block/b.fdnc~s.mk is evil. 8-)
    omg its so wet.
    ok i've updated the main post with taunt & jap uncrouchables.

some interesting jap setup involves, throw/rocket/FA(lv1) whiff.
    omg its so wet.
    After a Dive the best options IMH are MK-OIL (SAVE with option for instantgrab) and switch it with LK-Oil with enugh sparetime for MEETY FocusL1
    the opponent will get a realy hard time to notice the diffrence betwean the Oilups and after meety FocusL1 you can DNC and Hitconfirm into B&B Combo!!

i like the idee of using TAUNT as a Buffer; Will test this more^^

Just a Sidenote:
    I played Hakan in Super (15.000 PP and around 2800BP) in AE i never played him above 5000PP but in AE 2012 i firsttime manged to hold 3800 PP for a realy long time only with hakan and gained 7500 in no time (1 weak) its amazing he is still not solied but he is much much more user friendly!! i wished his LP would be cancel into itself then he would be solid!
  • SoutheasternoilSoutheasternoil Joined: Posts: 187Registered
    After a Dive the best options IMH are MK-OIL (SAVE with option for instantgrab) and switch it with LK-Oil with enugh sparetime for MEETY FocusL1
    the opponent will get a realy hard time to notice the diffrence betwean the Oilups and after meety FocusL1 you can DNC and Hitconfirm into B&B Combo!!

i like the idee of using TAUNT as a Buffer; Will test this more^^

Just a Sidenote:
    I played Hakan in Super (15.000 PP and around 2800BP) in AE i never played him above 5000PP but in AE 2012 i firsttime manged to hold 3800 PP for a realy long time only with hakan and gained 7500 in no time (1 weak) its amazing he is still not solied but he is much much more user friendly!! i wished his LP would be cancel into itself then he would be solid!
    I wish his Lp would into itself as well, but what I probably wish the most is that his lp has +6 frame advantage on hit and f.mk startup is reduce to 6 frames and special cancelable, so we can have more combos and more reason to use those normals. Either that or somehow make his other normals fadcable.
    Oiled airthrow > neutral jump > forward dash > LK Dive. Catches all

Oiled airthrow > backdash > f.mp > EX/HK dive - Catches all (This ones tricky because you need to input the f.mp at the exact point where the backdash ends, so you get the unoiled f.mp range) It's worth practising though because it's a great setup

Unoiled airthrow > st.mp > f.mp > HK dive. Catches all

Oiled/Unoiled airthrow > st.mp x3 (lol) > HK dive. Catches all
    I will try to search for dives that Caches all and include oilup

that would be the best Option
    Haha, how about this

Airthrow > LK Oil > EX Dive. Timing needs to be tight though, you have to do it as fast as possible.

Also catches all!
    correction to the jap setup:

[ hp/ex.rocket > f.throw > hp/ex.dive ]

for this setup to work you need to hold stick forward and press throw.
    the dive catches better if you see your character move forward a little before the throw comes out.
    this was tested on ps3.
    omg its so wet.
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I think I may have found a safejump after a dive.

Dive > Guard Position (AKA CC, :d::lp::mp::hp:) (NOTE: Release :d: as soon as possible) > j.:hk:

Tested on Ryu. Anyone willing to double-check my work? Odds are I screwed something up.
    @dagon

i will test this for sure savejumps are the key for the win:)
    @dagon

i will test this for sure savejumps are the key for the win:)
    Thanks! I found that if Ryu tries to mash a reversal anything it will do wonky stuff and Hakan winds up behind him, and if he blocks, it's low enough for a fuzzy :lk: dive (leading to a potential loop!). Anything you find I'd really appreciate feedback on, even if you find that I did it way wrong and it doesn't work at all :rofl:
  • gbursinegbursine TeaPire! Joined: Posts: 1,725Registered
    ok here are the funny setups :)

[ slide-press > taunt > lk.dive ]

!![ slide > b.FDNC~s.lk > taunt > lk.dive ]

[ (corner) lp.rocket > taunt > hp/ex.dive ]

***[ (corner) mp.rocket > taunt > lk/mk.dive ]
    -this one can be a catch all if the mk.dive is executed a little slow (but fast enought to catch them on crouch).
    -tip is to know your taunting movements, and execute slight delayed after the elbow went up in the air lol :)

have fun!
    I'll try update asap some of the setup that we dont have from the jap uncrouchable video that i saw.

I've been using the one after a corner lp rocket. more often than not, the opponent will change their reactions and expect it as a bait to anything they do and so will do nothing, letting you oil them. sooooo good yakult!
    play vampire :P

Brawl info: New Jersey - 0430-8044-3987
    I think some revision needs to be done over Reapers HP rocket > f.mp > EX dive...i just cant get it to catch backdashers.

Also HP rocket, jump in MK dive catches all