Strange Chinese fighting title [Xuandou Zhiwang?]

Comments

• JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 1,769Registered
    edited February 2013
    rayplay said:
    Is there anywhere I can find the character art and names for each character? 

I'm pretty sure that's everyone.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
  • SolidSonicTHSolidSonicTH Seeking new challenges Joined: Posts: 155Registered
    edited February 2013
    Damn, I was doing well until today. It was giving me one icon a day but now I didn't get one today.

UPDATE: Oh yeah, got my key and verified it. The only thing left is to download this beast but that is taking a long-ass time in itself. It goes at like 10 KB/s. Ridiculously slow but I'll leave it going on my home server.
    Post edited by SolidSonicTH on
    Chicks dig guys who know their frame data...
  • UFOrangeUFOrange Joined: Posts: 7Registered
    Have a combo video :) Any chance of other players here from the Philippines too?

• Running WildRunning Wild Get To Da Choppah Joined: Posts: 1,450Registered
    I wanna see some Ray combo's.
    YouTube Channel - All sorts of crazy and random vidya's of fighting games and shit.
    Stream - Watch me bad in various poverty fighting games.
  • 4neqs4neqs Whoa-oh Joined: Posts: 7,168Registered
    edited February 2013
    UFOrange said:
    Have a combo video :) Any chance of other players here from the Philippines too?

Not sure if there's that many players here yet. You can try sharing that and asking around on the KOF Philippines page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/128160057238500/
    "But that's SRK for you. SFIV could have a feature where Chun-Li steps out of the TV and gives the players blowjobs, and some would still complain because she wasn't Sakura." --Azrael(?)
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 1,386Registered
    JohnGrimm said:
    rayplay said:
    Is there anywhere I can find the character art and names for each character? 

I'm pretty sure that's everyone.
    Thanks, but any individual portraits/character art?
    PSN: rayplay
    Currently a practitioner of the Kitchen Fist Fire Chaos Style!
    "Fall down seven times, get up eight." - T.O.M.
  • UFOrangeUFOrange Joined: Posts: 7Registered
    To those just getting into the game (not sure if this was posted before but), you may unlock characters by leveling up (except Wy Xie and Sheva, shop exclusives) but they will expire after a month. When you renew them using in-game money, the first option (2900-3900) renews them for 30 days and the second one (7900-9900) buys them permanently. Same goes for costumes.
    rayplay said:
    Thanks, but any individual portraits/character art?
    It's all out there if you want to scour the internet for it.
    When you say "shop exclusive", you just mean the in-game store, right? Or do those characters actually require real money to unlock and use?
    When you say "shop exclusive", you just mean the in-game store, right? Or do those characters actually require real money to unlock and use?
    The in game store uses real money, but you can get money by playing the game. There's an achievement tab in the game that gives you missions, some of them reward you with money to spend in the store. For example, this is one of the news updates from the website translated by Google Translate.

edited February 2013
    Well, as far as I can tell, John's right about the game rejecting Windows 8. I can't get it to launch, although with everything in Chinese I can't diagnose it either.

Oh well, at least I have a Windows 7 laptop still. Dunno if it'll run that well on it, though.

EDIT: Oy. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't letting me progress past the handle registration screen so I put in a bunch of gibberish in the Nickname field and now my nickname is stuck as some unintelligible garbage. Apparently you have to have a minimum number of characters or it won't let you register the nick (or maybe someone already called dibs on the nick I wanted; either way I was confused and now I have a stupid handle).
    Post edited by SolidSonicTH on
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Joined: Posts: 5,905Registered
    Did the game's stages always been so static? It's jarring seeing people and neon signs on the background and not do anything.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    Did the game's stages always been so static? It's jarring seeing people and neon signs on the background and not do anything.

It's one of the settings in the options. You can keep background animations on or if your computer needs the help, turn them off.
    I...can't understand the client at all... :\
    I...can't understand the client at all... :\
    What are you not understanding?
    I'd like to launch Arcade Mode so I can at least start an offline fight. I also don't know how to add friends.
    I'd like to launch Arcade Mode so I can at least start an offline fight. I also don't know how to add friends.
    Arcade mode is on the first screen under your name. It's a little flashing box. Adding people is done in the bottom right corner, there's an option for it, just click around until you find a text box.
  • Lord BBHLord BBH EASY EASY~ Joined: Posts: 1,128Registered
    I wanted to try this out just for shits and giggles but lo and behold, 5 days in a row of sitting at 3/4 of the icons needed and it wouldn't fuckin give me the last icon to download the beta every day I tried. What kind of stupid shit system is that?
    DON'T JUMP AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Lord BBH said:
    I wanted to try this out just for shits and giggles but lo and behold, 5 days in a row of sitting at 3/4 of the icons needed and it wouldn't fuckin give me the last icon to download the beta every day I tried. What kind of stupid shit system is that?
    It has become self aware and hates all humans. It would be easier if people knew about this game like a year ago when getting into the beta was easy.
  • hjnshjns Joined: Posts: 2Registered

Lord BBH said:
    same for me too lord bbh  i had i tried for 8 days only for 2 icns.  smh i wasted all that time for bs 
  • Lord BBHLord BBH EASY EASY~ Joined: Posts: 1,128Registered
    edited March 2013
    JohnGrimm said:
    Lord BBH said:
    It has become self aware and hates all humans. It would be easier if people knew about this game like a year ago when getting into the beta was easy.
    I knew about the game from people talking about it in #snkplaymore, but I didn't have a non-poverty video card until a few months ago so I wouldn't have been able to run it until then. But I guess that's not good enough hipster cred huh  :(
    DON'T JUMP AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 4,443Registered
    Lord BBH said:
    Upload more Deadman videos. 
    Lord BBH said:
    JohnGrimm said:
    Lord BBH said:
    I knew about the game from people talking about it in #snkplaymore, but I didn't have a non-poverty video card until a few months ago so I wouldn't have been able to run it until then. But I guess that's not good enough hipster cred huh  :(
    The game isn't graphically intensive. It could probably run on a computer built in 2004.
    One more ?: do you need something like XPadder to map a controller to this game or does it map directly?
    One more ?: do you need something like XPadder to map a controller to this game or does it map directly?
    It should map directly, however if you're using a stick you might need to set it to LS instead of DP.
  • SpαrksterSpαrkster G.F.B.T.G. Joined: Posts: 281Registered
    JohnGrimm said:
    The in game store uses real money, but you can get money by playing the game. There's an achievement tab in the game that gives you missions, some of them reward you with money to spend in the store. For example, this is one of the news updates from the website translated by Google Translate.

Anyone know what the current stipulation for the event is? Login and do five "innings battles". I played 15 3v3 matches yesterday and I believe 6 1v1s, and didn't get my first checkpoint marked (it reads 0/3). All I can think is that you have to win arcade mode five times, or maybe compete in five 3v3 matches where each player controls only one character. Otherwise as far as I know the 'ranked' screen where you can queue up matches doens't work and I've been timed out every instance I've used it.
  • tatakitataki Non-SF4/MVC3 FG news: twitter.com/#!/novriltataki Joined: Posts: 4,809Registered
    Wow the game changed a lot since I last logged in. The cast is twice as big and even the character portraits were improved.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
    edited March 2013
    JohnGrimm said:
    Anyone know what the current stipulation for the event is? Login and do five "innings battles". I played 15 3v3 matches yesterday and I believe 6 1v1s, and didn't get my first checkpoint marked (it reads 0/3). All I can think is that you have to win arcade mode five times, or maybe compete in five 3v3 matches where each player controls only one character. Otherwise as far as I know the 'ranked' screen where you can queue up matches doens't work and I've been timed out every instance I've used it.
    Maybe they mean play a match that goes into 5 rounds. Hell if I know. Google translate has never been all that nice to me, it said the game was going open beta twice and that never happened. Also, ranked matches work just fine for me, no idea what the deal is with that.

On another note, I have decided to go back to Windows 7 to play the game again. If anyone wants to get some games in let me know and I'll try to get on. Hopefully my internet won't suck for long enough to get some quality matches in. Since they changed the netcode to adjustable delay I've been running into the problem of the first round playing great and every other round after that being borderline unplayable, but of course this has been playing against the Chinese. I wish there was a setting to pick frame delay.
  • SpαrksterSpαrkster G.F.B.T.G. Joined: Posts: 281Registered

JohnGrimm said:
    On another note, I have decided to go back to Windows 7 to play the game again. If anyone wants to get some games in let me know and I'll try to get on. Hopefully my internet won't suck for long enough to get some quality matches in. Since they changed the netcode to adjustable delay I've been running into the problem of the first round playing great and every other round after that being borderline unplayable, but of course this has been playing against the Chinese. I wish there was a setting to pick frame delay.

tataki said:
    Wow the game changed a lot since I last logged in. The cast is twice as big and even the character portraits were improved.

Play me ready. I'm Sparkster in Core and XD servers, and play most on Core. PM me if you wanna set up a time to play any night, or message me on skype (sparksterr). Either way playing random Chinese 500ms laggers and idlers isn't getting me anywhere.
    Play me ready. I'm Sparkster in Core and XD servers, and play most on Core. PM me if you wanna set up a time to play any night, or message me on skype (sparksterr). Either way playing random Chinese 500ms laggers and idlers isn't getting me anywhere.
    I'm only on the XD server since that's generally where all the comp is. Because I'm west coast I can usually get like 300 ms, which at times isn't too bad, but that server is good because you'll occasionally run into Shine members and learn shit.