Group Photo Ops- The Frank West Team Building Thread

UltimaShadowUltimaShadow My Little OniJoined: Posts: 848Registered
Planning on using Frank West on your team? Discuss your strategies here! This will be updated once I obtain the guide and the game drops.

ASSISTS
What Is It?: Frank takes a swig, causing a 30% gain in hyper meter.
Why Use It?: Coming Soon
Technical Info: Coming Soon
What Is It?: Frank comes out rushing forward with a shopping cart. He travels a bit more than half-screen hitting multiple times.
What Is It?: Frank comes out and does his :l: Tools of Survival, jabbing multiple times and pulling the opponent towards it. The range and weapon changes based on Frank's level.

===============================

GOOD ASSISTS FOR FRANK
Underlined Assists are Recommended
Coming Soon!
Coming Soon!
Coming Soon!

DHCs and THCs
What Is It?: Frank rushes forward with a weapons filled shopping cart and damages everything in his path. This hyper OTGs and ends with a wall bounce.

DHC Potential: Coming Soon
What Is It?: Using a whole arsenal of weapons that change based on his level, Frank beats down the opponent leaving them in a aerial state. It has some startup invincibility that increases at higher levels and is cinematic.

DHC Potential: Coming Soon

THC/DHC and Exp
One of the quickest ways to fully level up with Frank is to DHC to him after a long combo or to perform a THC. Certain hypers that have a lot of hits to them, such as Dante's Million Dollars (80-90 hits). If Frank is DHC'd in or comes in during a THC and follows up with a photo, he can gain 4-5 levels instantly. With two bars of meter, you can do a THC with only two characters. Frank's Blue Light Special should finish before your partner's does, thus allowing a quick snapshot.

These are the intervals for Frank's levels...
Level 2: 5 Hits
Level 3: 20 Hits
Level 4: 50 Hits
Level 5: 100 Hits
(Please Note: All intervals are halved if Bottoms Up (drinking) is done prior to the combo. Vomiting can be avoided by tagging out Frank before ten real life seconds occur. He will will not get sick if you tag him back in.)
If you plan on creating a team, please fill out the following questionnaire first.
Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3
Newcomer's Team Assessment Questionnaire

1. Who characters and teams will you use (in order of selection)?

2. What type of game-play strategy are you pursuing with this team? (Explain)

3. What advantages does your point (first selected) character have?

What disadvantages does your point character have?

What maneuverability options does your point character have?

How will your assists aid your point character?

4. What advantages does your secondary character have?

What disadvantages does your secondary character have?

What maneuverability options does your secondary character have?

How will your assists aid your secondary character?

5. What advantages does your last character have?

What disadvantages does your secondary character have?

What maneuverability options does your last character have?

How will your assists aid your last character?

6. What kind of Delayed Hyper Combo opportunities do you think your team will have?

7. What type of impact will your Team Hyper Combo have on your opponent (Explain)?

8. What are some of the weaknesses of your team?

9. After filling out this questionnaire, are you still comfortable with your team?

This isn't necessary for regular questions.
"The tragedy of all losers is that they THOUGHT they were on the verge of victory..."~ Joe the Condor
SSF4AE Main: Oni (Sub: Cammy)
UMvC3 Team: Nova/Frank West/Vergil (or Ghost Rider/Rocket Raccoon/Hawkeye)

Comments

• VysetronVysetron Extremely mediocre Joined: Posts: 97Registered
    So do you want this to be the matchup thread too? Because I was going to do that, but if you want to cover both that's fine.
  • UltimaShadowUltimaShadow My Little Oni Joined: Posts: 848Registered
    So do you want this to be the matchup thread too? Because I was going to do that, but if you want to cover both that's fine.

Nah, I would see that being it's own thread. Go ahead if you want.
    "The tragedy of all losers is that they THOUGHT they were on the verge of victory..."~ Joe the Condor
  • wildvine47wildvine47 Joined: Posts: 52Registered
    I posted this in the main thread, but I feel like it'll need to be here too.

Skrull fully mashed Inferno :f: DHC into Frank Cart Hyper :f: Camera shot = instant Frank lvl 5.

Y'all Frank players might want to SERIOUSLY consider Skrull as a partner.

Skrull fully mashed Inferno :f: DHC into Frank Cart Hyper :f: Camera shot = instant Frank lvl 5.

I'll make note of this, thanks!
  • El_MaizEl_Maiz You can never tell with that guy Joined: Posts: 3,023Registered
    So this means that he can combo off of shopping cart hyper with a snapshot?

That means that 1 Skrull mixups = level 5. Wow. Skrull/Frank/Task here I come!
    If it's true the Shopping Cart assist OTGs, then it definitely is going to be Frank's assist of choice. However, I've heard so many mixed reports on wither it does or not.
  • OsbjornOsbjorn Please accept this gift from my people Joined: Posts: 409Registered
    Firebrand/Frank/Doom for me
    With Firebrand I will score big multi hitting combos then I will TAC Into Frank and get all the hits from firebrand and get the level up in one go.
    I will use Frank Meter Building Assist in Firebrand's combos to keep it safe. Once I hit 3 bars with Firebrand I will rain down Hell all day with Chaos Tide and Doom missles. Doom missles will also help me with Frank's Combos as they are multi hitting and will allow for multiple camera shots once I figure out a combo for them.
    Also with Fire brands H demon missle assist, I can cross up all day using frank's Roll.

I probably should not have revealed all my day one team secerts

I have decided to take doom out for amateratsu because of the thc thing and her cold star is just so much better for the team then missles
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: Viper/dante/strider viper/frank west/dante magneto/frank west dante
    Sfxt: Paul, Law, Bob, Guy, Heihachi, Ken
    Skullgirls: parasoul
  • FersnachiFersnachi =3 Joined: Posts: 74Registered
    I'm going to be working with

Frank/Dante/Felicia

Shopping Cart Weasel Shot and Rolling Bucker

Ill build Frank's level up by using a THC with Dante once I get 2 meters and Snapshot while dante is shooting forever and ever...

Dante's Weasel shot and Rolling Bucker are great assist and if Frank has an overhead once I get in Felicia will help make unblockables.

And Dante and Felicia are already secretly BFF's
    Felicia/Dante/Vergil

PSN - Fersnachi
  • The RealystThe Realyst Turtle Power Joined: Posts: 1,660Registered
    Yea until more technology is learned, Frank West/Dante is going to be the standard if you actually want to do some good stuff with Frank. Luckily, Dante is not the worse character in the world to be "stuck" with.

If they didn't remove Zero's hard knockdown off of his Buster Shot, that would of been an even better combo. Zero could do his full combo, end with an air Buster Shot and then raw tag Frank for the picture. Then basically, Frank would never even enter the match below level 4 as long as your Zero doesn't get killed. That's along the lines I'm aiming for when the game drops. Seeing if I can run Frank 2nd and never have to be forced to play him at level 1.
    UMVC3 : Mr. Masters, Nathan and Gouki
    TTT2 : Feng Wei / Jaycee
  • jak d riprjak d ripr Joined: Posts: 6,813Registered
    Yea ill prolly run frank/dante/ammy till more and better tech is discovered, hopefully lvl 1 frank isn't absolutely terrible cause I really wanna run him on point. Plus with dante and ammy assist I can just get a hit with jam session or cold star and take a pic of that for a quick level 2 at the very least.
  • Rican heatRican heat The best Joined: Posts: 245Registered
    Frank's ability on point is most likely going to be dependent on his meter building capacity for that nice thc tech. Otherwise he might be more suited for a secondary role
    Day Bow bow. chica chica..
  • DefilusDefilus Aspirant Joined: Posts: 70Registered
    Dante/Frank/Dorm or Doom.

My concern is getting in with frankie once he is on point. TAC'ing or DHC'ing to frank is probably going to be the hardest part, but combo sizes won't be an issue, especially with the OTG camera.
    Defilus / The Zerginator (XBL) / C-Dubbs

UMvC3: Frank/Dante/Doom; SSF4AE: Oni/Juri; BBCS: Hakumen/Rachel
  • :034::034: has enough tools to take down jokers like you. Joined: Posts: 473Registered
    I'm thinking about using Frank/Dante/Skrull as my FW team. Epic THC team and Skrull's Orbital Grudge assist got buffed (faster armor). Skrull's a pretty epic anchor as well so the order should be fine. Only thing I'm not sure about is the assist for Dante, I love Jam Session but I don't think it'll really help Frank getting in. So I'm thinking about using Weasel Shot instead.
    | UMvC3: Spencer/Doom/Hawkeye |
    Looks like Frank West can gain meter just fine. Even at level 1. And apparently he can do the same thing he does with Dante with Nemesis. So there will be a few character teams you might be able to make work.

Frank gets a free Camera off of his Shopping Cart Super? That would really open up the list of characters what would work with Frank...
  • Juri_kills_friend!Juri_kills_friend! Leader of the Lili Army Joined: Posts: 2,015Registered
    Was thinking of using wright/frank/rr or dante what do u guys think?
    JOIN THE LILI ARMY! FOFOFOFOFOFOFO!
    SFXTekken: Ken x Lili (Money Inc) and maybe juri and sakura, and rolento, and maybe nina too!
    2012; Majors Gone to: Winter Brawl, Civil War 4, Capcom 25th Anniversary NYC
    Lili Reset Guide & Video Guide by yours truly JKF
  • sephi22sephi22 Flowchart Fuerte Joined: Posts: 123Registered

I don't like this bit of misinformation. I saw you post in the Official UMvC3 thread, asking for a link to my private GAF stream, which I assume you got eventually since you were posting about stuff I did on stream.

Anyway, as the chat requested, I did Inferno, DHC to Cart, X FACTOR, Camera Shot = Level 5. People forget that X factor cancel in the middle. Some gaffers have been telling me that Honzo said that you can link Inferno -> Cart -> Camera without using XFC but I haven't been able to. Maybe that's a case of GAF->SRK->GAF.

Just wanted to clear that.
  • El_MaizEl_Maiz You can never tell with that guy Joined: Posts: 3,023Registered
    I'm thinking that since Magneto can get a lot of hits with Gravity Squeeze now, if he does a combo that ends in Gravity Squeeze, you can raw tag Frank and snap a pic.

Let's not forget tagging after wallbounces. MODOK <3
  • VysetronVysetron Extremely mediocre Joined: Posts: 97Registered
    -words-
    That's a shame, but it makes sense. Cart->Photo was sounding too good.
  • sephi22sephi22 Flowchart Fuerte Joined: Posts: 123Registered
    I'm thinking that since Magneto can get a lot of hits with Gravity Squeeze now, if he does a combo that ends in Gravity Squeeze, you can raw tag Frank and snap a pic.

:) I like the way you think.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32581194&postcount=1836
    Can you find any easy ways to do this with MODOK?

I like this train of thought. Again, with tech like this, Frank won't have to even come in at level 1 as long as your point character doesn't get killed. Just a little worried about having to build up 3 meters to do this with Magneto's combos getting nerfed and meter building being much slower. But again, you are on the same path I'm on. Making me think I have the right idea lol.
    Since I'm sure you could do well with MODOK/Frank, I just want to know who to put first. They both seem to be best second, but they also seem to have plenty of synergy between them.
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> Dancing on your head Joined: Posts: 2,747Registered
    I want to run a team with Frank and Chun (Hey, I have faith in her buffs). I was going to stick Wesker in the middle, but I realized that it didn't really give Frank (I'm trying him out on point) a good way to get in. Probs needs a beam assist.
    Firebrand/Dormammu/Sentinel
    Don't bother with the whole name, three easy letters: INH
    LaziestUsernameEver
    "You hate to see this kind of thing happen." - Chris Matrix "I don't!" - DJ Huoshen
  • ShadowNinja64ShadowNinja64 Hype Hystorian Joined: Posts: 233Registered
    Perhaps it would be best to compile a list of THC-able supers (or whatever it is they call the A1+A2 thing now) that have enough active frames for Frank's Shopping Cart hyper to run its course and recover, allowing him to take at least one photo without using up your XFC. We already know about Nemesis's and Dante's hypers, and I imagine Trish's Round Harvest and maybe Storm's Hailstorm would both allow at least one photo as well.
  • nappydudenappydude Joined: Posts: 437Registered
    I want to run a team with Frank and Chun (Hey, I have faith in her buffs). I was going to stick Wesker in the middle, but I realized that it didn't really give Frank (I'm trying him out on point) a good way to get in. Probs needs a beam assist.

I was thinking the same thing ( Frank/ chun and beam assist) thc with Frank cart and chun leg super, take pic then when she is finished with her super she will hit them up u sj and hit them back down otg call chun assist camera shot = lvl 5?

But would Iron fist rush punch super work with Franks cart super in a thc, will frank have enough time to get a camera shot before the wall bounce? After get another shot before wall bounce ends or get to :s: before wall bounce ends sj :h:, :s: land call assist + otg then camera = lvl 5?
    Friend or foe!!!
  • QTOONQTOON I'm The King Of My Jungle Joined: Posts: 95Registered
    Frank and ironfist anyone just asking thinking of frank/ironfist/skrull
    SSF4A.E.:Balrog/Blanka
    Tekken 6:Bob/King/Armor King
    UMVC3: Hawkeye/Frank West/Wesker
    K.O.F Terry SFxTK:Hugo/King-Rolento/King
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • KillusionKillusion Inconsistent Joined: Posts: 154Registered
    So everyone thinks Dante is Frank's best friend? Eh, i'm not a fan of Dante. The character itself is great in many ways, but i don't like playing him.
    Like shadowninja said, somebody should list every character who can make Frank lvl 5 with one combo.
    Why be so negative, strive to get better
    grind every single day, mind of a go-getter
  • nappydudenappydude Joined: Posts: 437Registered
    Yea that would be great....
    Friend or foe!!!
  • jak d riprjak d ripr Joined: Posts: 6,813Registered
    So everyone thinks Dante is Frank's best friend? Eh, i'm not a fan of Dante. The character itself is great in many ways, but i don't like playing him.
    Like shadowninja said, somebody should list every character who can make Frank lvl 5 with one combo.

Im pretty sure there will be a lot of other characters who help frank reach level 5 in one combo so I won't worry about that. In the vid posted on eventhubs of franks arcade run, dude used nemesis's hyper to make it to lvl 5 so nothing to worry about.

On a side note, word on the street is franks shopping cart is looking really good as an assist right now. My question to you is, do y'all think its gonna be the next tatsu or lightning legs(i.e. the next great assist, or the next overrated assist)?
  • discovigilantediscovigilante He ain't my boy but the brother is heavy Joined: Posts: 525Registered
    My question to you is, do y'all think its gonna be the next tatsu or lightning legs(i.e. the next great assist, or the next overrated assist)?
    JWonggg Justin Wong
    Shopping Cart assist is so cheap. Reminds me of akuma tatsu assist but better since it leaves the opponent grounded.

I guess I'm inclined to agree.
    Youtube: scandiumtrioxide
    XBL: discovigilance
    UMvC3: Nova b/Doom a/Ammy b
    TeamKhaos (Pacific Northwest FGC Stream)