Hakan Q and A

yesyes Joined: Posts: 182Registered
Ask Away!

I'll get the ball rolling, why do some people do f.mp into oil dive? does f.mp force standing? even if it does it seems like a weird tactic that works.

Comments

• Samurai DrewSamurai Drew Joined: Posts: 1,263Registered
    Good idea, you should maybe change the thread title to Hakan Q and A or something similar.

Yeah it's a reset that can't be crouched, though you can mash crouching normal, reversal, and backdash to get out, but it's hard to see coming. The reason people use it is because it's good damage with a great payoff. Builds decent meter, takes the opponent straight to the corner in most circumstances, and gives you an oil up at the end or a setup if you like. You'll now be able to do f.mp into HK Oil Dive in 2012, judging by what they've said, so you'll get even more damage (if the damage is kept the same as AE)
    www.youtube.com/sudafreekan - Hakan Technician #1
  • yesyes Joined: Posts: 182Registered
    Good idea, you should maybe change the thread title to Hakan Q and A or something similar.

Yeah it's a reset that can't be crouched, though you can mash crouching normal, reversal, and backdash to get out, but it's hard to see coming. The reason people use it is because it's good damage with a great payoff. Builds decent meter, takes the opponent straight to the corner in most circumstances, and gives you an oil up at the end or a setup if you like. You'll now be able to do f.mp into HK Oil Dive in 2012, judging by what they've said, so you'll get even more damage (if the damage is kept the same as AE)

thats the name i was looking for, i really couldn't think of a proper one.

i know the up side to hitting the oil dive, but i didnt no the force standing and the ways to stop it.

thats wicked, im adding it to my game.

I was also wondering what the EX propertys of his oil dive were, and why does NO one use it. (at least what i see)
    thats the name i was looking for, i really couldn't think of a proper one.

i know the up side to hitting the oil dive, but i didnt no the force standing and the ways to stop it.

thats wicked, im adding it to my game.

I was also wondering what the EX propertys of his oil dive were, and why does NO one use it. (at least what i see)

I had a look at the page after this, there has been a Q and A thread already. But, thats from a LONG time ago, when Hakan was a baby, so this should be good, lets make sure it doesn't fade into obscurity.

Yeah, I think the rewards outway the risks, but it's never guaranteed damage ofc. Oh yeah, just to add, at the moment it doesn't work on everyone. Cammy, Honda, Blanka, and Dhalsim are all exceptions. Now, in 2012, I assume this will work. Now I say assume, because you never know, but with Oil Dives becoming universal then you would think so right? It's gonna be weird Oil Diving Blanka, but man will it feel good.

EX properties of his dive are that it's immune to grabs when oiled, but only when oiled. It's range is also the best of all the dives, it can grab you from incredible distances...it's crazy to think they're increasing the grab range for this in 2012.
    I had a look at the page after this, there has been a Q and A thread already. But, thats from a LONG time ago, when Hakan was a baby, so this should be good, lets make sure it doesn't fade into obscurity.

Yeah, I think the rewards outway the risks, but it's never guaranteed damage ofc. Oh yeah, just to add, at the moment it doesn't work on everyone. Cammy, Honda, Blanka, and Dhalsim are all exceptions. Now, in 2012, I assume this will work. Now I say assume, because you never know, but with Oil Dives becoming universal then you would think so right? It's gonna be weird Oil Diving Blanka, but man will it feel good.

EX properties of his dive are that it's immune to grabs when oiled, but only when oiled. It's range is also the best of all the dives, it can grab you from incredible distances...it's crazy to think they're increasing the grab range for this in 2012.

ok cool, thanx for the info. I'm good for now, other people best start asking questions or else they make me da fool.
    ok cool, thanx for the info. I'm good for now, other people best start asking questions or else they make me da fool.

Haha, that made me laugh. People around here are quite shy it seems...
  • thenotsogreatbrainthenotsogreatbrain I guess my username is a little bit too long... Joined: Posts: 50Registered
    Well I do have a few things:

1. What do most of you consider Hakan's best link-based combos? I need to develop links as a whole since they are my least developed aspect of my game.
    2. How do I set up sweet spot dives? Was it after a certain type of SPD or can do it after a normal throw?
    3. Does anyone remember something about using the Slide as a meaty or setup against a knocked down/ waking up opponent? I swear there was info, but I forgot the right term for it...
    Why is my username too long... just one letter... maybe I should've thought it through a little more...

1. What do most of you consider Hakan's best link-based combos? I need to develop links as a whole since they are my least developed aspect of my game.

i my self go for the lk lk f.lk, i think its best because they have to block low at all times.

lp lp f.lk is also pretty good when you hit someone out of a combo because after i crouch tech i tend to poke back with my lp's and when they get threw i try to follow up with a f.lk into slide. I wouldn't worry about it to much to be honest, a lot of my hakan never worries about combo's.

2. How do I set up sweet spot dives? Was it after a certain type of SPD or can do it after a normal throw?

its a good thing some smart guy asked to have this made.

3. Does anyone remember something about using the Slide as a meaty or setup against a knocked down/ waking up opponent? I swear there was info, but I forgot the right term for it...

i think the video covers it, i don't use that tech to often, i only know one setup for it and thats after slide back dash (un-oiled) and then lp slide.

i could be wrong about things, if i am im sure people will be more then happy to correct me.

Just adding to what Yes said:

1. Start off with the easiest and most important ones. St.jab x 2/3 > f.lk slide, or st.lk x 2/3 f.lk slide. It will take you some practice. Also st.lk doesn't hit low ^. If you're dashing up to someone when oiled you're better off using st.jab as it's range is that bit better.
    2. Sweet spot dives, well you should ask mordie, they're a little tricky to do. That video that I made shows general oil dives, and I think there is some SS dives in there, I remember catching SRK in a match with a couple of them. Try learning some of the ones in the video first.
    3. Yeah, you'll find a good number of safe slides in that video, enough to get you started anyway!

By the way, speaking of that video, remember I said I was going to make a video based on the Hakan vortex? Well I had a play around with it today in endless, and perfected my opponent first time, haha!
    Just adding to what Yes said:

1. Start off with the easiest and most important ones. St.jab x 2/3 > f.lk slide, or st.lk x 2/3 f.lk slide. It will take you some practice. Also st.lk doesn't hit low ^. If you're dashing up to someone when oiled you're better off using st.jab as it's range is that bit better.
    2. Sweet spot dives, well you should ask mordie, they're a little tricky to do. That video that I made shows general oil dives, and I think there is some SS dives in there, I remember catching SRK in a match with a couple of them. Try learning some of the ones in the video first.
    3. Yeah, you'll find a good number of safe slides in that video, enough to get you started anyway!

By the way, speaking of that video, remember I said I was going to make a video based on the Hakan vortex? Well I had a play around with it today in endless, and perfected my opponent first time, haha!

good shit, and i can't beleave s.lk doesn't hit low.... well now i have a question, whats the point of doing s.lk s.lk f.lk instead of always doing s.lp s.lp f.lk?

maybe s.lk keeps the opponent closer?
    good shit, and i can't beleave s.lk doesn't hit low.... well now i have a question, whats the point of doing s.lk s.lk f.lk instead of always doing s.lp s.lp f.lk?

maybe s.lk keeps the opponent closer?

Yeah, that's exactly it. It's kind of weird but from in close you can link about 4 s.lk's into f.lk slide > on ryu, and probably more characters. I don't think the same can be done with st.jab.

Also st.lk is a cooler move. If you're oiled and mash st.lk while holding back, Hakan does a wee moonwalk lol
    Yeah, that's exactly it. It's kind of weird but from in close you can link about 4 s.lk's into f.lk slide > on ryu, and probably more characters. I don't think the same can be done with st.jab.

Also st.lk is a cooler move. If you're oiled and mash st.lk while holding back, Hakan does a wee moonwalk lol

yea thats mainly why i used standing lk, i like the weird look to it lol
    Needs more questions...
  • thenotsogreatbrainthenotsogreatbrain I guess my username is a little bit too long... Joined: Posts: 50Registered
    Alright here's some more:

1. What are the uses for f.mk? Out of all the command normals Hakan has, this is the one I don't use as much, so I'm curious on what y'all do with f.mk...
    2. I'm just wondering, but who do you consider as Hakan's worst/best matchups? I have my opinions, but I'm not entirely positive on what everyone else on the board thinks.
    3. I'm having trouble landing the crossup j.hk. Any tips?
    Why is my username too long... just one letter... maybe I should've thought it through a little more...
    1. What are the uses for f.mk? Out of all the command normals Hakan has, this is the one I don't use as much, so I'm curious on what y'all do with f.mk...

F.mk is a great far reaching poke, it can be a suprise tick into an Oiled command grab too. It's good just for playing footsies with your opponent and you can use it to frustrate them into jumping. You can also pressure people in the corner with this, when you're oiled up, it's actually pretty amusing to watch doing f.mk over and over.

2. I'm just wondering, but who do you consider as Hakan's worst/best matchups? I have my opinions, but I'm not entirely positive on what everyone else on the board thinks.

It's a personal thing for sure, but I hate Honda, really does my head in. He gets a life lead and he can sit and turtle full screen and then it becomes incredibly difficult to win. Blanka, I don't like either..I find it difficult against characters who I can't really mix up that well, and where Oil Dives don't work. Obviously Yun and Yang are pretty bad, and Fei Long once he inevitably gets you into the corner. Best matchups, well apparently Fuerte and Makoto are meant to be favorable. Personally I think Hakan does well against Cody, characters with not so great wakeups...I think he does well vs general shotos, if your gameplan is good. In a Hakan match though, anything can happen, lol.

3. I'm having trouble landing the crossup j.hk. Any tips?[/quote]

The crossup J.Hk really only consistently works in the corner. The setups are usually forward throw/lp oil rocket > dash x 2 > jumping HK. You can also crossup after HP Oil Rocket in the corner, but the timing is a bit trickier. Whiff st.lk > jump hk works for me. Otherwise you're best going for the general safe jump.
    Alright here's some more:

wat he said

I hate bison, ive always hated bison.. he can just do what he wants when he wants and be safe.
    I hate adon, he loves to keep jumping and that shit can be hard to read and stop. (for me at least)
    im sure i hate others

3. I'm having trouble landing the crossup j.hk. Any tips?

If people don't know the match up to well they will always assume its a cross up because they don't know how hard it is to hit.

i just practiced and tried out a few different ways to timing it, and i personally love walk forward a bit and f.lp i can hit the cross up a hell of a lot more then i could if i used s.mp.. of course its character specific.
    It's a personal thing for sure, but I hate Honda, really does my head in. He gets a life lead and he can sit and turtle full screen and then it becomes incredibly difficult to win. Blanka, I don't like either..I find it difficult against characters who I can't really mix up that well, and where Oil Dives don't work. Obviously Yun and Yang are pretty bad, and Fei Long once he inevitably gets you into the corner. Best matchups, well apparently Fuerte and Makoto are meant to be favorable. Personally I think Hakan does well against Cody, characters with not so great wakeups...I think he does well vs general shotos, if your gameplan is good. In a Hakan match though, anything can happen, lol.

Really? We have advantage on Cody? Never thought that... I understand that his wakeup game isn't too great, but cr.lk and cr.lp are way too good, especially against Dry Hakan. Got any tips to deal with both of Cody's light attacks?

Oddly enough, I think Hakan does pretty well against Honda. Even Dry, Hakan can punish Honda's full screen headbutt with HP slide and can anti-air with LP slide on plenty of Honda's jump-ins. Sure there's the fact that there is threat of EX headbutt and buttslam, but LK super and U2 (and good reactions) can easily neutralize them. Ok, since I haven't faced many great Hondas online, maybe I shouldn't lecture you of all people, but as I'm someone who mained Honda since SF4, the matchup looks like it's in Hakan's favor.
  • yakult99yakult99 shaaaaa Joined: Posts: 209Registered

imo these are 'hard' match-ups (meaning you are at least at a 4:6 ratio) :
    -top 3: yun yang fei
    -the bitchs: chun-li / ibuki / sakura
    -Hawk & Honda

obviously i m talking about dedicated players that uses these characters.. :)
    omg its so wet.
  • SoutheasternoilSoutheasternoil Joined: Posts: 187Registered
    Honestly, I had never found that much difficulty fighting twins and fei. Then again, it may be because I always play with my friend who uses twins and fei is my alt. Punish dive kicks with st.hp or st.mp or f.lp. Beats them clean. Stop sign f.hp is a really good move to stuff predicted lunge punches (non ex). Fei is definitely harder, but still manageable if they get impatient. Bait rekkas and stuff them, I use st.mk and cr.lp. Punish second rekka on block with an oil rocket if you're oily. It is important to recognise the range of your oil rockets when oily. Hakan has the largest grab range in the entire roster. A little more than Zangief still. Hakan lp oil spd beats Zangief lp spd but Hakan's mp, hp and ex loses out (but barely). An easy way to remember his grab range is that Hakan's oily lp spd has about exactly the same range as his st.hp. If you think you can even touch him with the tip of your standing fierce, go for the grab instead. Make them respect it. Fei's rekka are easily punishable with oily spd.

Now for my questions: Given that f.mp is -5 on block, if we were to hit them at the tip during the last active frames. Is it still safe? I mean he sticks his shoulder out on startup and actives and kinda moves back a little to his standing postion on recovery.
    Oh and for my harder matchups, I would say Abel, Seth, Chun, a teleport happy sim and maybe ...Dudley and Boxer? Good pressuring pokes and machine gun blow/dash punch really makes you think twice about daring to oil up longer than you should.
    Now for my questions: Given that f.mp is -5 on block, if we were to hit them at the tip during the last active frames. Is it still safe? I mean he sticks his shoulder out on startup and actives and kinda moves back a little to his standing postion on recovery.

Yeah, from maximum range this move is really hard to punish. It's good when playing footsies to find that range to hit with the end of f.mp. I was going to make a video on this, but oiled up hakan has more control over his moves than any other character. F.mp is probably the best example. When oiled, if you were at a distance where f.mp was unsafe if it was blocked, you can use it with a backdash cancel to make it much safer, and provide a better SPD/Ultra setup too. It's pretty advanced stuff, but you can also use it to setup up SPD from different ranges. Like a range where f.mp would hit the opponent; use a backdash cancel instead to whiff it in front of them and go for the SPD/Ultra.
    Really? We have advantage on Cody? Never thought that... I understand that his wakeup game isn't too great, but cr.lk and cr.lp are way too good, especially against Dry Hakan. Got any tips to deal with both of Cody's light attacks?

Oddly enough, I think Hakan does pretty well against Honda. Even Dry, Hakan can punish Honda's full screen headbutt with HP slide and can anti-air with LP slide on plenty of Honda's jump-ins. Sure there's the fact that there is threat of EX headbutt and buttslam, but LK super and U2 (and good reactions) can easily neutralize them. Ok, since I haven't faced many great Hondas online, maybe I shouldn't lecture you of all people, but as I'm someone who mained Honda since SF4, the matchup looks like it's in Hakan's favor.

Suprised you find it in hakans favor. You're right though about the punishes. Would probably make a big difference if I used them, lol. Like I said though it's a personal thing, and that horrible mixup of jab hands, command throw, or buttslam, it can piss me off haha. 2012 will see a big change in this MU i think, with the oil and oil dive buffs.

As for Cody, yeah, Drykan struggles no doubt, but oiled hakan takes care of Cody pretty easy. He can't frametrap you, or safejump you. If you block or neutral jump an EX Bingo it's free ultra 1. And you can mix him up really well without worrying too much. I'm not sure how Cody will approach this MU in 2012, but attacking might not be the best idea.
  • yakult99yakult99 shaaaaa Joined: Posts: 209Registered
    Oh and for my harder matchups, I would say Abel, Seth, Chun, a teleport happy sim and maybe ...Dudley and Boxer? Good pressuring pokes and machine gun blow/dash punch really makes you think twice about daring to oil up longer than you should.

Abel is hard i agree too.
    Chun you can see my other vs thread to up your game.
    dhalsim dies once you u get close, and if u do OS to catch his teleport :)

For Seth, you really need to go for the following to make your dmg/pressure game going and under your control:
    -Learn to defend/block when seth comes in, its ok to eat a throw/command grab
    -n.jump every once in a while you think command grab is coming (on the basis that your opponent has been doing command grabs)
    -know that if Seth srk > FDC.forward > c.lk /or srk /or command grab, you only have 1/3 chance to n.jump punish (command grab wiff).
    the other 2/3 times if you jump u eat c.lk combo or srk loop again. you have to take your guesses here, no other way.
    -anticipate your U2 on his jumps once obtain gauge.
    - [ slide/press > dash forward > j.hk (and OS/anticipate against his teleport) ]
    - [ Dive > jump.over > forward.j.hk ]
    - overhead finishing gimmicks:
    (Seth) [ slide/press > c.hp > jump.back.mk ]
    (seth) [ slide/press > C.C > jump.forward.HK ]
    -learn some two choice surprise un-crouchables
    such as [ slide/press > dash back > lp slide /or HK dive with one squeaky pause

all in all, one knock down with my Hakan, i can say its 30% further dmg coming for him.
    And if he wiff one srk its also 20-30% dmg for him.

Dudley and Adon is in the same category for me, where they can abuse quick recovery specials cancel loops, from lp/mp (into LP MGB (Machine Gun Blow) / Jaguar kick ) loop. With this 2 cast, you really have to go into the lab and practice your timing to do
    [COWARD CROUCH in between their moves > rocket /or U1 /or lp poke out].
    Dudley
    - c.mp/c.lp > lp.MGB > [chance for Hakan to do CC] c.lp > lp.MGB > [chance for Hakan to do CC] lp.MGB
    - c.mp/c.lp > lp.MGB > [Hakan s.lp > s.mp] c.lp > lp.MGB
    (s.lp often trade hits with dudley in this scenario but still good as it take the pressure off)
    -after blocking mp/hp/ex.MGB, punish with either [s.lp pokes] or [f.lk > hp sliding]
    -once you stop his abusive loop, and one knock him down then its in your favor :)
    Adon
    - c.lp/c.mp > jaguar kick > c.lp/c.mp > [chance for Hakan to do CC] jaguar kick
    you can also pick U2 and catch them instead of CC.
    omg its so wet.
  • Zero-ShiftZero-Shift Hamon Warrior Joined: Posts: 99Registered
    I'm not a very good player but my worst match-ups are often the characters who love to get in your face and stay there. Anybody who doesn't give you breathing room can make it extremely hard to get oiled or stay that way. Probably my biggest problem match-ups are Rufus, Bison and Abel.

I have a question or rather clarification. I was never 100% certain about this but what exactly is the Crossup j.rh? I get a little confused when people talk about it. Is it an actual cross-up or is it a safe jump? I think I also read it changes his hit-box so some reversals whiff. Is there a timing to it while in the air? What are the risks if any? I was just hoping somebody could elaborate because reading the Match-up thread it sounds vital in some of his fights.
    :f::h::l::f::s:
    Toki wo tomare!
  • DR0NEvilDR0NEvil !OilPower! Joined: Posts: 96Registered
    Hardest matchups:

SETH. Honestly when a Seth knows what hes doing, I just dont know how to fight this match. He has something that fights all of hakans tools, and its very hard to get out of his mixups without oil. Also tanden really fucks me up as hakan, any tips on how to counter tanden?
    Honda, cuz like drew said, if honda gets the life lead and turtles on it there is literally FUCK ALL you can do about it.
    Dhalsim, for the same reason, but you have a few more options to attempt to dnc parry through his limbs or bait a fireball to kill with ex slide, so its not as BAD.
    Bison, Dee Jay, Makoto, Chun-Li.
    Blanka, Rog but only when they're being played well in the matchup, im generally succesful against these characters but its only cuz theyre not 100% on the matchup and offer me up plenty of free punishes in the form of balls/unsafe rush punches.
    Sagat, if they're sensible with their fireballs and on-point in the mid-range with tiger knees and some of his long range pokes, it feels like 10-0. However even some of the best sagats ive ever played still dont seem to learn that hakan to react to every single fireball when oiled w/meter, so I dont tend to have too much trouble in this match generally. When they know the matchup though, its one of the worst.

As far as the twins and Fei, I find if you hang out at the right distance, its not so bad. My player stats say I have a 100% win rate VS Yun with hakan =] F.LP is a divekick killer, so is parry dnc into lp lp f.lk slide or lk lk tick into throw/spd. I'm really not scared of the twins. I also like dnc parry into lp/lk to stuff the first hit of feis rekka or st/cr mp or hp.

Apart from that I feel Hakan pulls level or beats everyone else in the cast. But im probably forgetting some too. Someone said Hawk, I feel hawk is free to hakan. Big characters like hawk and gief are free to oki dive setups, and dives beat hawks uppercuts clean, minus ex. and obviously every blocked condor dive is a free slide, once I get that knockdown positioning off a slide to hawk I dont feel like he has any answers to me.
    Oh, and yeah pretty much all of those hard matchups I discussed looks like they're improving marginally to greatly in some cases, so like everyone else, I am very excited about Big Red in 2012.
    Oh and I also like to use LP Slides to stuff Feis rekka, but you have to make good reads on this one otherwise you'll get punished, cornered and killed. Such is life with Mr Lee.
    I'm not a very good player but my worst match-ups are often the characters who love to get in your face and stay there. Anybody who doesn't give you breathing room can make it extremely hard to get oiled or stay that way. Probably my biggest problem match-ups are Rufus, Bison and Abel.

I have a question or rather clarification. I was never 100% certain about this but what exactly is the Crossup j.rh? I get a little confused when people talk about it. Is it an actual cross-up or is it a safe jump? I think I also read it changes his hit-box so some reversals whiff. Is there a timing to it while in the air? What are the risks if any? I was just hoping somebody could elaborate because reading the Match-up thread it sounds vital in some of his fights.

Lol I like how the Hakan Q and A is becoming the match up assist-me thread. There is no such thing as this myth they call the crossup j.rh. The one you're talking about is a safe jump, it allows you to put pressure on without any risk. It caaaan cross up, yeah, but it isn't really for crossing up, the timing is damn near impossible. In the corner you can use it for crossing up with much more ease. For the setup you're referring to, there's no risks...in general you whiff st.mp and jump in HK to hit them as they get up, but there's character specific variations which you can find in the match up thread. A lot of the jump ins will beat reversals, or make them whiff
    Snip

Didn't know you were on SRK! Did you get my message on live lastnight? I was tired couldn't keep my eyes open to play anymore. WIth Seth, have you seen the unblockable on him? It's godlike. Changes that matchup big time. I like U2 against Seth, for his jumping shenanigans...you can use f.mp against him and buffer U2, like a trap, to catch his divekicks.

Wish I had your confidence against the twins, I pretty much gave up trying to win against them without being mad random. And I hate that.

2012 sir, you're right, going to see a big difference in MU's. I'm excited to see how everyone starts to play Hakan in a months time.
    Didn't know you were on SRK! Did you get my message on live lastnight? I was tired couldn't keep my eyes open to play anymore. WIth Seth, have you seen the unblockable on him?

Unblockable?! TELL ME MOAR. Dive kicks really beat me up, but i never really countered it with f.mp. Ill try it.

Yeah I got your message man, its all good. Yeah I've been on SRK for a while, just lurking really. Genereally anything i would have to contribute is already well known in this forum lol, ill be straight up honest ive learned most of my stuff from these very pages in the last 2 years.
    Unblockable?! TELL ME MOAR. Dive kicks really beat me up, but i never really countered it with f.mp. Ill try it.

Yeah I got your message man, its all good. Yeah I've been on SRK for a while, just lurking really. Genereally anything i would have to contribute is already well known in this forum lol, ill be straight up honest ive learned most of my stuff from these very pages in the last 2 years.

Lol, and we're still coming out with lots of good stuff. But it's good you're posting up, these pages are generally quiet to be fair.

Here's the vid:

Hardest matchups:

SETH. Honestly when a Seth knows what hes doing, I just dont know how to fight this match. He has something that fights all of hakans tools, and its very hard to get out of his mixups without oil. Also tanden really fucks me up as hakan, any tips on how to counter tanden?
    Honda, cuz like drew said, if honda gets the life lead and turtles on it there is literally FUCK ALL you can do about it.
    Dhalsim, for the same reason, but you have a few more options to attempt to dnc parry through his limbs or bait a fireball to kill with ex slide, so its not as BAD.
    Bison, Dee Jay, Makoto, Chun-Li.
    Blanka, Rog but only when they're being played well in the matchup, im generally succesful against these characters but its only cuz theyre not 100% on the matchup and offer me up plenty of free punishes in the form of balls/unsafe rush punches.
    Sagat, if they're sensible with their fireballs and on-point in the mid-range with tiger knees and some of his long range pokes, it feels like 10-0. However even some of the best sagats ive ever played still dont seem to learn that hakan to react to every single fireball when oiled w/meter, so I dont tend to have too much trouble in this match generally. When they know the matchup though, its one of the worst.

As far as the twins and Fei, I find if you hang out at the right distance, its not so bad. My player stats say I have a 100% win rate VS Yun with hakan =] F.LP is a divekick killer, so is parry dnc into lp lp f.lk slide or lk lk tick into throw/spd. I'm really not scared of the twins. I also like dnc parry into lp/lk to stuff the first hit of feis rekka or st/cr mp or hp.

Apart from that I feel Hakan pulls level or beats everyone else in the cast. But im probably forgetting some too. Someone said Hawk, I feel hawk is free to hakan. Big characters like hawk and gief are free to oki dive setups, and dives beat hawks uppercuts clean, minus ex. and obviously every blocked condor dive is a free slide, once I get that knockdown positioning off a slide to hawk I dont feel like he has any answers to me.
    Yeah my player stats could have had a 100% win rates vs Yun if it wasn't for my friend. His Yun is the only Yun I had ever lost to and that is because I've been using Hakan against him since Super, so he knows the matchup really well. Online Yuns are actually quite free and easy once you get the momentum. Personally, its a 5-5 matchup against him. Reason being that on the start of the match, if that yun knocks you on your dry ass and goes on a very possible, all yomi-mode, its a 9-1 on his favour. But if you knock him down on his salty meat buns at the start of the match and oil up, its 9-1 to your favour. Outside his lunge punch, there is probably nothing that you can't punish with a good poke or bdnc.
  • Zero-ShiftZero-Shift Hamon Warrior Joined: Posts: 99Registered
    Lol I like how the Hakan Q and A is becoming the match up assist-me thread. There is no such thing as this myth they call the crossup j.rh. The one you're talking about is a safe jump, it allows you to put pressure on without any risk. It caaaan cross up, yeah, but it isn't really for crossing up, the timing is damn near impossible. In the corner you can use it for crossing up with much more ease. For the setup you're referring to, there's no risks...in general you whiff st.mp and jump in HK to hit them as they get up, but there's character specific variations which you can find in the match up thread. A lot of the jump ins will beat reversals, or make them whiff

Thanks for the clarification. One last question though. Do I need to press rh at a particular point in his jump arc to make it most effective?
    :f::h::l::f::s:
    Toki wo tomare!